Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I think the 114 issues started earlier in the season when Eli left the Capo stand, I haven’t noticed much difference after the Kaye incident. It used to be sing for 90 in the section its now drum for 90 with the banda mid stand.
    They mindlessly drum during the player starting XI announcements. So annoying.
    Section 112 looked like mostly tourists, no energy.
    113 had a little life, but not much.

Basically there's not much of a Supporters Section left after years of mismanagement. So sad, we were once the best in MLS.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-11-2023 at 08:25 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. Stadium is only peppered with people. Needed the 3 goal scorer to score his 4th of the season to win that one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've bungled at least 15 points away this season, I reckon. Starting to get real frustrating...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    We've bungled at least 15 points away this season, I reckon. Starting to get real frustrating...
    If we score 2 goals and only 2 goals a game are record would be amazing.

But we score 0-1 goals a game, and concede 0-1 goals a game so its endless draws.

To me this season is probably toast.

Unless we get a really great striker and midfielder in July and make a late dash, but even then it will be extremely hard.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    If we score 2 goals and only 2 goals a game are record would be amazing.

But we score 0-1 goals a game, and concede 0-1 goals a game so its endless draws.

Unless we get a really great striker and midfielder in July and make a late dash, but even then it will be extremely hard.
    It's the fucking worst. Our defense is shored up and now our offense is bottom third?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Yeah. Stadium is only peppered with people. ..
    Attendance apparently a tad over 27K
    87% sold

I know not everybody shows up but I remember what it was like back when the top East side came in & most of that was empty - its not anymore.

Now was the 7 year old beside me as loud as the people who were there in 2007? No

Was it loud when Insigne scored or when chances happened? Felt loud from my seat in 116 .....but I don't have the institutional history others on here have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    It’s almost like the team has some talent but needs new leadership or something…

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Attendance apparently a tad over 27K
    87% sold

I know not everybody shows up but I remember what it was like back when the top East side came in & most of that was empty - its not anymore.

Now was the 7 year old beside me as loud as the people who were there in 2007? No

Was it loud when Insigne scored or when chances happened? Felt loud from my seat in 116 .....but I don't have the institutional history others on here have.
    I'm not gonna poo poo anybody enjoying their experience. I'm just noting what it looked like on my AppleTV.

...and your institutional history is glorious. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It’s almost like the team has some talent but needs new leadership or something…
    The main two reasons why this team is struggling is because of an inept manager and an absent striker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    The main two reasons why this team is struggling is because of an inept manager and an absent striker.
    I think a good manager could have gotten us more with the low quality strikers we currently have. I'm not sold a world class CF would do much under Bob.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think a good manager could have gotten us more with the low quality strikers we currently have. I'm not sold a world class CF would do much under Bob.
    As much as they are backup quality (Sapong) to bad (everyone else)I find all said and done we give our strikers a shocking lack of service. Would it kill our guys to serve the odd ball into the box? Does Bob not recognize how ridiculous the way we play is at times?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought it was busy and loud-enough at the match. I think in the second half the crowd started thinning out; especially after Nashville's tying goal. Crazy getting to the match though. Took us over an hour and half; usually just half to three quarters of an hour. Just missed the start. Seems Dermont Kennedy was also starting at the same time at the Ontario Place Budweiser Stage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as they are backup quality (Sapong) to bad (everyone else)I find all said and done we give our strikers a shocking lack of service. Would it kill our guys to serve the odd ball into the box? Does Bob not recognize how ridiculous the way we play is at times?
    Doing everything as slow as possible doesn't help that.

I don't think they track this but I bet we lead the league in having shots/crosses blocked in the box. So many per match that it starts to get sadly funny after the anger wears off.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post

Especially because this season is so front loaded. Thanks, Leagues Cup.

By the time the transfer window opens, we will only have 12 regular seasons games to play. So unless we can get some results before then we are in a bit of trouble.

Edit: Yeah so I didn’t realize we are somehow only 3 or 4 spots out of the play-in spot so I guess anything is possible
    Last edited by JonO; 06-12-2023 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Edit: Yeah so I didn’t realize we are somehow only 3 or 4 spots out of the play-in spot so I guess anything is possible
    It's mindboggling that a team with 3 wins after the halfway mark of the season is still one win from a playoff spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It's mindboggling that a team with 3 wins after the halfway mark of the season is still one win from a playoff spot.
    The new play off structure is why this season is not a write off. Even with Bradley still here and even if we don't sign anyone this summer, this is a play off team, and I fully expect us to make it in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    The new play off structure is why this season is not a write off. Even with Bradley still here and even if we don't sign anyone this summer, this is a play off team, and I fully expect us to make it in.
    I don't think we will be because we will continue doing what we've been doing and our schedule is tough down the stretch but I think we'll be "in striking distance" to almost the very end of the season.

At that point the "collapse" will be a shock to Bob & Bill but pretty much nobody else because we've been watching this disaster all season and are expecting it.

Then Bob & Bill blame injuries in the first half for the failure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, based on the math it’s not a write off. Of the last three teams in the playoff spots in the East:

7th Orlando - 7 points ahead and 2 games in hand
    8th DC - 4 points ahead and no games in hand
    9th Mtl - 3 points ahead and 1 game in hand
    (Also noting of the teams battling for a spot currently outside of the playoffs Cha is 3 points ahead of us and RBNY who is tied on points has a game in hand)

So basically, only the last 2 playoff spots are within close reach. We know based on the strength of schedule stuff from Twitter TFC’s does not have an easy road from here on out. The teams outside of the playoff picture right now feel mostly mediocre so from that perspective it’s doable.

My guess is we wake up one morning after the schedule balances out and suddenly TFC is 6 points back instead of 3. One week later it will be 9 and the season will essentially be over.

Could this team make the playoffs? Yeah. Will it make the playoffs with Bradley as coach? No. Reminds me a lot the year Beckham and the galaxy were chasing the final place in the west.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didnt go- glad i was able to sell tickets for $70/each.

Same game different day- cant score within offense - individual brilliant performance again(had at least 10+ last season-wonder if they are being coached not to perform the way FB/LI/Criscito - LOL)

Had to feel like a loss after holding the lead no doubt about it.

friendly reminder- 3 wins in 24 or 25 games now i lost track. out of possibly 72 points- TFC has 9 Points in Wins+ draws.

HOW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Osorio had his best game of the season. That said, Bob did him no favours by keeping him on the field for 90. He was clearly not ready for that and it's plain to see that our lack of subs is contributing to our problems.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    I thought Osorio had his best game of the season. That said, Bob did him no favours by keeping him on the field for 90. He was clearly not ready for that and it's plain to see that our lack of subs is contributing to our problems.
    I was expecting a sub but MAK off was a better choice.

We have a bye week - no game until a week Wednesday so recovery can happen.....lets just hope nobody else gets injured.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a bye week - no game until a week Wednesday so recovery can happen.....lets just hope nobody else gets injured.
    Time to ramp up those 7 v 7's.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio has a big game on Thursday but I'm sure Bob doesn't care...

Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    The unfortunate flip side to Mabika’s success, is that it appears Rosted is another failed signing of Bob’s that has regressed as the seasons progressed and is eating up a large chunk of roster space.
    We need to go to a 3-5-2
    Johnson
    Laryea Hedges Mabika
    Franklin Osorio Kaye Insigne Pettreta
    Bernadeschi Sappong

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    We need to go to a 3-5-2
    Johnson
    Laryea Hedges Mabika
    Franklin Osorio Kaye Insigne Pettreta
    Bernadeschi Sappong
    Likely will not have SJ for the next six game, Thomas Romero for at least 4.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Likely will not have SJ for the next six game, Thomas Romero for at least 4.
    Romero will be gone too with El Salvador. It'll be Ranjitsingh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a bye week - no game until a week Wednesday so recovery can happen.....let’s hat just hope nobody else gets injured.
    That’s true about the bye week. I was not happy with the lack of subs but there are so few on the bench that weren’t defenders or strikers that don’t score… it wasn’t clear who should come on. Richie to wing back but Rosted has not been good without Hedges and ONeal the same. In the end we had a back three with Richie, Mabika and Petretta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, based on the math it’s not a write off. Of the last three teams in the playoff spots in the East:

7th Orlando - 7 points ahead and 2 games in hand
    8th DC - 4 points ahead and no games in hand
    9th Mtl - 3 points ahead and 1 game in hand
    (Also noting of the teams battling for a spot currently outside of the playoffs Cha is 3 points ahead of us and RBNY who is tied on points has a game in hand)

So basically, only the last 2 playoff spots are within close reach. We know based on the strength of schedule stuff from Twitter TFC’s does not have an easy road from here on out. The teams outside of the playoff picture right now feel mostly mediocre so from that perspective it’s doable.

My guess is we wake up one morning after the schedule balances out and suddenly TFC is 6 points back instead of 3. One week later it will be 9 and the season will essentially be over.

Could this team make the playoffs? Yeah. Will it make the playoffs with Bradley as coach? No. Reminds me a lot the year Beckham and the galaxy were chasing the final place in the west.
    I think it could go either way. We’ve had that ‘within striking distance but then 6, then 9 behind’ feeling before. Losing both our keepers and Osorio is not going to help. Let’s hope Gavran is magically very good but it sounds like he’ll have to win the gig from Rajitsingh. And the difficulty of the remaining schedule doesn’t augur well either.

Given the season so far it would be difficult to expect a first round playoff win if we do get it together and make it in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    I think it could go either way. We’ve had that ‘within striking distance but then 6, then 9 behind’ feeling before. Losing both our keepers and Osorio is not going to help. Let’s hope Gavran is magically very good but it sounds like he’ll have to win the gig from Rajitsingh. And the difficulty of the remaining schedule doesn’t augur well either.

Given the season so far it would be difficult to expect a first round playoff win if we do get it together and make it in.
    I’ll stand by my earlier statement: they are idiots for signing only Romero as a quality backup knowing what could have unfolded this international window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if folks have been keeping up with playoff changes, but its been tweaked for this year. again

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-a...or-2023-season

If we were to get to 8th and Miami were 9th then we have a home game. That's probably not going to happen mostly us getting to 8th.

Anyway 8 v 9 is wild card single elimination game, followed by 1 round of a best of 3 series top vs 8 or 9. In that case there would be at least one home match again.

Then its back to single elimination for the conference semi-finals on.

Anyway grimly its not hard to see an heroic failure in the best of 3 being enough for us to just do this all again next year. Urgh!