Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Either Bob isn't coaching it or Rosted isn't good enough to execute something basic yet Bob is keeping him on the field. Either way it's a bad reflection both on Rosted (who should be doing the basics at this point) and on BB.
    And Bob seems to be getting our forwards to do the opposite, making the job easier on opposing defenders.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    He really hasn't been good for Canada in the last few years either. Has gone from a borderline starter to a fringe player. If Canada secures Aiden Morris, you gotta think Kaye's CMNT callups will become much more scarce.
    Yup when MAK comes on the pitch partway through Canada games, he often seems completely out of synch with the rest of the team. Just not up to speed, can't fit into their system.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, just based on the extended highlights, the count in terms of high quality chances was something like 8-2 for Minnesota.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    On the brightside, Bob made the same changes I would of. The bad part, I have consumed roughly a pint of vodka and me and former Swansea and USMNT manager Bob Bradley are on thinking on the same level.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MikeForbes again."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    You are right, but this assumes Bradley objected to hiring those players.
    We have the Manning comments you are referring to (the Transfermarkt saga) but we also have Manning's comments that Bradley specifically was on board with it.
    It also seems Bradley came in to the club knowing Insigne was the target, so he constructed his roster with that DP spot known to him. If he constructed it wrongly around Insigne, he is responsible for that. If he is coaching a style of play that doesn't work for those fixed assets, he is also responsible for that.

P.S.: To be clear, Manning is responsible too, but there seems to be a media narrative that this is somehow out of Bradley's hands. The guy has a lot of authority and responsibility, so I completely object to that idea. If his hands were tied by being given Insigne, and the highest budget in the league - then there is no hope for him.
    I totally agree.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    So, just based on the extended highlights, the count in terms of high quality chances was something like 8-2 for Minnesota.
    That's not how I remember the game but this was a very very homerish broadcast for Apple...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    After reading some of the comments above, more complaints about the Apple broadcast shite: first of all, there seems to be no way to start watching the game on delay w/o seeing the final score. (I had avoided all news and social media so I didn't know the result yet.) Absolute amateur garbage. I purposely didn't put my glasses on when I was loading the game (I'm pretty farsighted so can't see much close w/o the glasses on), and even squinted to try and avoid seeing any details. But I still had a pretty good idea of the final score because it's just too obvious while finding and loading the game. Watching the whole game anyway is pretty much certifiable, but I had a masochistic desire to see in which way TFC would fail on the day. In the end I was adequately disappointed..
    It can be done. On Chromecast (which I’m using) I navigate to options once I’m in the MLS section of Apple TV. Then, you turn off “show sports scores”. Be warned: sometimes it will turn back on, so yesterday when I went back into the app, I specifically checked to make sure it was off again.

But otherwise agree on MLS AppleTV being a garbage product. I basically look for three things: the MLS wrap up show, prior TFC games, and highlights. They prominently show shit you will never watch at the top of their menus and leave you to root around for the things you want to see. Someone should be smacked repeatedly for making such a dumb setup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Yeah, the xG was 2.1 to 0.6

We actually outperformed our xG by scoring a goal. Most of our shots were from long range, including those on target.

They had 20 shots, 11 on target, we had 10 and 7.

Whoscored does a little roundup of what teams did well and badly. I bolded one in particular. Hard to win when players just fuck up, once again an indictment of training.

Minnesota United Toronto FC
    Strengths
    Created a high number of chances relative to their possession Stole the ball often from the opposition
    Stole the ball often from the opposition Were effective at creating goalscoring opportunities from long shot situations
    Were effective at creating goalscoring opportunities from the flanks
    Were effective at creating goalscoring opportunities from counter attacks
    Were effective at creating goalscoring opportunities from set-pieces
    Weaknesses
    Were poor at finishing Gave away a lot of free-kicks around the box
    Were caught offside often Committed a high number of individual errors
    Styles
    Had a large quantity of possession in their opponent's half Favoured long shots
    Attacked down the right side Attacked through the middle
    Attacked through the middle Favoured short passing
    Had a high shot frequency when in possession
    Last edited by jloome; 06-04-2023 at 10:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh look, another draw after failing to close it out. Yawn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to the accurate tired legs/no substitution towards match-end criticism Bob is facing, once TFC got the goal with Fede in the hole, did he just drift/revert back to right wing on his own? Is my analysis incorrect? Or is that move by instruction and on Bob?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It can be done. On Chromecast (which I’m using) I navigate to options once I’m in the MLS section of Apple TV. Then, you turn off “show sports scores”. Be warned: sometimes it will turn back on, so yesterday when I went back into the app, I specifically checked to make sure it was off again.

But otherwise agree on MLS AppleTV being a garbage product. I basically look for three things: the MLS wrap up show, prior TFC games, and highlights. They prominently show shit you will never watch at the top of their menus and leave you to root around for the things you want to see. Someone should be smacked repeatedly for making such a dumb setup.
    OK thanks for the tip! I also found the setting within the web browser. It does mention it's only for this browser. After changing the setting, I could see it was working. I was hoping it would set a permanent cookie, and it probably should. However I logged out of MLS Season Pass, then logged in again (on the same browser) and the setting had reverted. Too bad that MLS/Apple TV is garbage, but from now on I'll know to always check that setting first when I need it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New slogan for TFC instead of All For One:

TFC, works better against insomnia than Ambien, and with fewer side effects! (Other than the occasional screen smashed in frustration...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

TFC, works better against insomnia than Ambien, and with fewer side effects! (Other than the occasional screen smashed in frustration...)

All for One Point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

I felt bad for the team giving up that late goal. To me, that’s something hedges might have snuffed out by yelling at the team to not sit so deep and run out faster to stop the next phase of play. A lot of TFC players were deep and seemed hesitant (or too gassed) to come out.

I echo the frustration regarding Bob’s lack of late-game subs. You’d think at a minimum Petretta comes on for Kobi…
    At the end of the day, keeping cleansheets in MLS is super tough. We've already done many clean sheets this year (more then past 2 years combined) and also had many games where we only give up 1 goal.

Honestly, if we give up 1 goal a game, that's really good. Our problem is we either score 0 or 1 goals per game and that's it.

Like if we scored 2 goals and only 2 goals each game (and our goals against stays exact same) - our record would be extremely good right now.

Defensively we are great. Offensively we are awful.

We need two quality signings, a CM (ball moving, quick, 2014 MB style) and a Striker who is a clinical finisher in MLS. If we get those two and only those two we win way more games.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post

All for One Point
    Arsenal just won something- Best post of their season!

Srsly a spitake, mate. Well done.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All for One Point
    This is seriously good 2 stick material.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All for One Point
    Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Arsenal just won something- Best post of their season!

Srsly a spitake, mate. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    This is seriously good 2 stick material.....
    Yup arsenal that's a top-quality post, definite POTY contender!

Maybe I can earn an assist on it.