Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 17 - TFC @ Minnesota - Sat June 3 8:38pm - That's When You Find Out

That you're better off making sure your souls alright

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gotta rotate a bit...get sapong rosted servania back in the eleven...maybe petretta also...minnesota only had seven on the bench tonight...hopefully this isnt the game where reynoso returns to the lineup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the love of God, Bob, please take Bernardeschi off the wing, where his style slows transition into the box, and put him at striker, where if he beats the first man he has a clear chance every time.

Right now, it's the same schtick continually: he beats one or two guys or is stripped. If he beats them, he cuts outside on his left foot and shoots for corners.

One of the reasons we were better against DC is they were continually forced to clear danger from the box, leading to lots of secondary attempts, which unbalanced and wore down their defense for when a good opening arrived.

But tonight, we were back to the Italians looking to thread the needle. In the first half, when they were just hitting the danger spots, it was far more effective. In the second, it was the old schtick of working it around the top corners of the box again.

When they don't do this, when they just pump balls in from wide, high, low, whatever .. AS LONG AS WE HAVE MEN IN THE BOX, it's more dangerous than the "play from dangerous positions" shtick.

But here's the thing: when Kerr played wide, we did everything on first opportunity, to attack the goal. If he beat a guy on the run, it wasn't by facing him up, it was by running from the middle zone to the offensive zone, or at least between the lines, and then just getting a ball into a packed box.

Yeah, it's not elegant. But here's the other thing: Bernardeschi is really good at close space and getting a touch into open space. He can also turn a player from facing off him, which is dangerous as hell at the top of the box. And, as he's getting older, or at best probably isn't as quick as when he was 22, having him closer to goal just makes sense from a speed-of-play perspective.

It has to be better than what we had against Chicago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This match has boredom written all over it.

Not sure booze can salvage this one. Looks like an edibles evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This match has boredom written all over it.

Not sure booze can salvage this one. Looks like an edibles evening.
    Just don't eat an entire 80mg gummy at once. I did that and then mildly hallucinated for four hours. And at the time, I was a prodigious consumer who once smoked a genuine Antiguan Rastafarian under the table.

I know I mowed the lawn. I know it took most of the three hours, despite being a small lawn. Other segments of the day are jumbled but generally lost until I passed out on the living room floor, where my wife found me, snoring loudly. She thought it was hee-larious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    For the love of God, Bob, please take Bernardeschi off the wing, where his style slows transition into the box, and put him at striker, where if he beats the first man he has a clear chance every time.

Right now, it's the same schtick continually: he beats one or two guys or is stripped. If he beats them, he cuts outside on his left foot and shoots for corners.

One of the reasons we were better against DC is they were continually forced to clear danger from the box, leading to lots of secondary attempts, which unbalanced and wore down their defense for when a good opening arrived.

But tonight, we were back to the Italians looking to thread the needle. In the first half, when they were just hitting the danger spots, it was far more effective. In the second, it was the old schtick of working it around the top corners of the box again.

When they don't do this, when they just pump balls in from wide, high, low, whatever .. AS LONG AS WE HAVE MEN IN THE BOX, it's more dangerous than the "play from dangerous positions" shtick.

But here's the thing: when Kerr played wide, we did everything on first opportunity, to attack the goal. If he beat a guy on the run, it wasn't by facing him up, it was by running from the middle zone to the offensive zone, or at least between the lines, and then just getting a ball into a packed box.

Yeah, it's not elegant. But here's the other thing: Bernardeschi is really good at close space and getting a touch into open space. He can also turn a player from facing off him, which is dangerous as hell at the top of the box. And, as he's getting older, or at best probably isn't as quick as when he was 22, having him closer to goal just makes sense from a speed-of-play perspective.

It has to be better than what we had against Chicago.

This 100%. Berna time at right wing needs to be done. Offensively, it's just become so static and our play dies there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doneil not available for the Loons Saturday. Or any other day.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mls/article...-doneil-henry/
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just don't eat an entire 80mg gummy at once. I did that and then mildly hallucinated for four hours. And at the time, I was a prodigious consumer who once smoked a genuine Antiguan Rastafarian under the table.

I know I mowed the lawn. I know it took most of the three hours, despite being a small lawn. Other segments of the day are jumbled but generally lost until I passed out on the living room floor, where my wife found me, snoring loudly. She thought it was hee-larious.
    That is all very funny, including the Antiguan Rastafarian. For Chicago, I used the heavily opioid pain killers given me for recovery from a recent serious fall. If this team doesn’t improve maybe the supporters groups will have to sue over addictions acquired via poor football.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    That is all very funny, including the Antiguan Rastafarian. For Chicago, I used the heavily opioid pain killers given me for recovery from a recent serious fall. If this team doesn’t improve maybe the supporters groups will have to sue over addictions acquired via poor football.
    Count me in on the class action suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also of interest...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a notification from the tfc app to catch the match tomorrow vs. "Nashville" for free with Apple TV.

Uh huh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    I got a notification from the tfc app to catch the match tomorrow vs. "Nashville" for free with Apple TV.

Uh huh
    Goes with what I said in the other thread. It's like they just don't give a shit anymore and are half assing everything because they figure they got our money tied up in auto renewals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s game day and I’ll be watching, but it’s honestly getting hard to even bother commenting on this team anymore. There are some positive signs, especially with the younger players, but the rest of the mess is troubling and even worse, so boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Day!!!

IMO, need to keep an eye on/close down/mark Bongo Hlongwane. In the past two years our defensive woes have cost us late draws and losses. This year our a lack of offensive cohesion is costing us expected and needed wins. In all these scenarios, just when you may have thought TFC was crossing the finish line of the match 'in a good way', it ends up feeling or being more like...

https://twitter.com/45Kikin/status/1664673733133336582
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-03-2023 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just don't eat an entire 80mg gummy at once. I did that and then mildly hallucinated for four hours.
    Starting to think this match might require stronger edibles. Think I might have to bust open the Albino Penis Envy chocolates I made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Richie Laryea leads the entire of Major League Soccer for entries into the box... and TFC collectively has the fewest touches in the box.

Has a team ever so clearly screamed out for a new tactical direction? We literally have one of the league's best creating more danger in the box than any other team, and we still manage to be poorer in the box than any other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Starting to think this match might require stronger edibles. Think I might have to bust open the Albino Penis Envy chocolates I made.
    I had to look these up. Say Hi to God or the Lizard People for us, whichever you meet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boring!!! Oh wait, the game didn’t start yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to look these up. Say Hi to God or the Lizard People for us, whichever you meet.
    Planning on watching the match with all of them so I will let you guys know what they think of the situation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very good family friend lives in Minneapolis. He and is wife are attending the match tonight. He wondered if I'm travelling down to see TFC, and invited me to stay at their house. I had to explain that even my 15-minute bike ride to BMO Field on Wednesday evening was hardly worth the effort, considering how TFC is playing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predictions for today? I’m going to say 1-1 draw, mostly listless football, and a visit from god, haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Richie Laryea leads the entire of Major League Soccer for entries into the box... and TFC collectively has the fewest touches in the box.

Has a team ever so clearly screamed out for a new tactical direction? We literally have one of the league's best creating more danger in the box than any other team, and we still manage to be poorer in the box than any other team.

Yeah and another thing to consider is that Richie has ALWAYS done this for us, either in the box or in the deepest zone to it’s immediate right no matter who the coach was or where we were in the table…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Play Richie at center-forward. He has double the goals this season than all of TFC's recognized strikers combined. LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to be optimistic these days. 2-0 Minnesota.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful day, can't really complain, good to be alive; glass half full. Having a Swing Out Sister 'Breakout' feeling, so TFC 3, Lollo, Fede, Richie and MUFC 1, Bongo or Jeong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Beautiful day, can't really complain, good to be alive; glass half full. Having a Swing Out Sister 'Breakout' feeling, so TFC 3, Lollo, Fede, Richie and MUFC 1, Bongo or Jeong.
    Well you're getting me after a dose of Vyvanse so this seems charming. This morning it would've been grounds for strangulation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A beautiful day. Will be at a pub this evening. If they have the TFC game on, I'll take a look. If they don't I'll enjoy a few too many beers and not worry about it.
    Either way, COYR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you're getting me after a dose of Vyvanse so this seems charming. This morning it would've been grounds for strangulation.
    The good whiz/stuff; better than Adderall. Still, please don’t do any eddies; possible neg-inter-act. I enjoy your posts.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-03-2023 at 06:14 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Half a bottle of red here.....