Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Four minutes. Rally the fucking troops Bob.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Fucking KAYE, man. Screens the goalie AND deflects the shot, in a position he has no reason to be in.
    Not hard on him there at all.....its chaos ball time....everybody was just covering. Deflections happen....had to stop him from getting the shot off & we didn't.

Great save by SJ before that though.

But, this team is gassed - nothing left in the tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to bed now. Despite the negative feelings I get from these lads on the pitch, I love you, guys.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we won Wednesday I'd feel better about this but another fucking draw is so infuriating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn. Mabika was fantastic. Really lost our shape in the last 20 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not hard on him there at all....
    Oh come off it! He's a central midfielder, the ball has cleared the box, and he's standing two feet directly in front of Johnson. He reacted late, and we paid for it. It was bad play, not chaos theory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

road point...5 points from the last 3 games...not bad

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrible lack of a match plan to see out the game. Just everyone dropping back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a Lollo-ist but Mabikadini was the MOM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If MAK and Rosted have a better game, we probably come out of that with three. Kobe looks really gassed. They attacked him constantly on the second half, and he cheated inside too much, making it very easy for them to get balls in. Probably needs to sit for one.

Still, some better stuff, offensively. Mabika was fucking excellent.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Damn. Mabika was fantastic. Really lost our shape in the last 20 minutes.
    Kobe couldn't run & then Mabika got a mouth injury from a flailing hand which caused Hedges to strain himself on a play while Mabika was being tended to & then it just went all crud...

A point away out of conference is usually a good thing.

Our problem is we can't win IN conference, especially at home.

There were signs of a better attacking approach there but these guys badly need time off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp. I asked the bar to turn on the game. I shouldn’t have. That sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team just lacks coordination and confidence. Why is Bob Bradley still the coach. This team needs someone that can bring them together with some fresh tactics and a new vision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say again MAK is a useless waste of space, BB you have had your time, but it is over

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two mids who are most adept at handling the mental load of this many games in a row have been injured for all these games - MAK is not one of those type of players.

I'm not saying MB is the answer to our long term problems but that team was mentally gassed the second half on Wednesday & the only leaders who know how to help their teammates push through that scenario are Oso & MB.

Some of that is on injuries but some of that is on BB not resting when he can.

Kobe should have been subbed at 60 - Sapong at 80.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’re getting torched with our TAM players. Petretta, Rosted, Akinola, Oso (DP). Also is Kaye TAM?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley doesnt know how to rotate.
    Bradley doesnt know how to build a team.
    Bradley doesn't know how to keep his players healthy.
    Bradley doesnt know when to make substitutions.
    Bradley doesn't have any tactics or adjustments.
    Bradley doesn't know how to close out games.
    Bradley doesn't know how to communicate to the fanbase or media.
    Bradley sure knows how to turn off an entire fanbase.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now my vision is "impaired" but on the corner before the goal, didn't the MU forward drag the ball over the end line?
    Looked close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Following tonight’s draw to Minnesota United, TFC now have the exact same point tally (18 points) this season as they did last season after 17 MLS matches.No progress… its a masterclass by bob and bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its always a good thing to not use any subs after the 80th minute while in the lead right? Wouldn't want to slow down the game and eat up mins. I mean every team in the world except Bob's garbage TFC does it. Good thing we are the exception with our sharp minded manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    [Following tonight’s draw to Minnesota United, TFC now have the exact same point tally (18 points) this season as they did last season after 17 MLS matches.No progress… its a masterclass by bob and bill
    Generally agree with you; since it is the stat that matters most. However, IIUC last season at the same match mark TFC had 24GF and 32GA in comparison to this season's 16GF (-33%/bad!) and 20GA (-37%/good!). TFC's defense has much improved while our offence production has seemingly equally regressed. Moreover, last years offensive output was before the Italians even arrived and may highlight the contribution (a) Pozuelo made!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to watch this one late on replay. Oddly my Apple TV showed one option (English ) for audio and that was it.

Mabika Looked like god damn van dijk out there mopping up all the shit on the flank, clearing attempts on goal, and stepping into space to break the lines.

Rosted gave me Doniel Henry vibes chasing every play like a headless chicken and fouling unnecessarily. We are in major shit if Hedges isn’t back next game.

I thought we had a really good spell in the second half around the time of the goal when the ball actually moved with some pace. But other parts of the game felt a bit more listless.

I felt bad for the team giving up that late goal. To me, that’s something hedges might have snuffed out by yelling at the team to not sit so deep and run out faster to stop the next phase of play. A lot of TFC players were deep and seemed hesitant (or too gassed) to come out.

I echo the frustration regarding Bob’s lack of late-game subs. You’d think at a minimum Petretta comes on for Kobi…
    Last edited by ag futbol; 06-04-2023 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The two mids who are most adept at handling the mental load of this many games in a row have been injured for all these games - MAK is not one of those type of players.

I'm not saying MB is the answer to our long term problems but that team was mentally gassed the second half on Wednesday & the only leaders who know how to help their teammates push through that scenario are Oso & MB.

Some of that is on injuries but some of that is on BB not resting when he can.
    Bob has been in this position of Coach & GM since Fall 2021. He constructed the roster. He has had multiple windows do do that, with more money than any other team in the league. He is responsible for planning the training. He plans the tactics. He picks the starting lineup and bench. He is responsible for substitutions. If he doesn't have enough depth due to injuries, despite having the highest budget and spending to the cap, then he is incompetent. Enough with the excuses.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back when I coached youth defenders I taught them to make sure that they were always between an attacker coming in from the wing and the goal, i.e., do not let them get past you towards centre. I ran drills on that (my son still remembers helping me run those drills).

Rosted doesn't follow that simple rule, and it's not due to exceptional speed of the attackers getting beyond him. Either Bob isn't coaching it or Rosted isn't good enough to execute something basic yet Bob is keeping him on the field. Either way it's a bad reflection both on Rosted (who should be doing the basics at this point) and on BB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mabika has been an awesome pick up. Hedges is class as well, too bad he didn't get subbed earlier-hope the injury isn't too bad. Fede inside looked promising for the ten minutes or so it was used. Reynoso was the most impactful DP on the field last night. A premium attacking mid works well in mls. I want to say we were unlucky last night but the loons had chances that a better team takes. Maybe OG is right, maybe Oso and MB make a difference last night, Kaye looks like he needs a rest, MB and Oso can at least get the ball forward so maybe we can compete with the loons and the fire but this squad is not top half mls even in a bizarro world where injuries don't happen.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    Bob has been in this position of Coach & GM since Fall 2021. He constructed the roster.
    He did not picks the DPs (arguably the most important part of the squad) and Manning picked ones that don't match his style of play based on marketing alone.

That doesn't excuse the fact that BB seems inadequate to both construct and coach the type of roster that fits the star players that he has, nor has the ability to coach strategy. Athleticism worked for many years in MLS, and Bradley's reputation was built in that era. He would have been a good choice for TFC in 2007. He's in over his head for the MLS of today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    He did not picks the DPs (arguably the most important part of the squad) and Manning picked ones that don't match his style of play based on marketing alone.
    You are right, but this assumes Bradley objected to hiring those players.
    We have the Manning comments you are referring to (the Transfermarkt saga) but we also have Manning's comments that Bradley specifically was on board with it.
    It also seems Bradley came in to the club knowing Insigne was the target, so he constructed his roster with that DP spot known to him. If he constructed it wrongly around Insigne, he is responsible for that. If he is coaching a style of play that doesn't work for those fixed assets, he is also responsible for that.

P.S.: To be clear, Manning is responsible too, but there seems to be a media narrative that this is somehow out of Bradley's hands. The guy has a lot of authority and responsibility, so I completely object to that idea. If his hands were tied by being given Insigne, and the highest budget in the league - then there is no hope for him.
    Last edited by wopchop; 06-04-2023 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    road point...5 points from the last 3 games...not bad
    Lol see you an employee of TFC.?

3 wins in 24 games not bad at all not bad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Lol see you an employee of TFC.?

3 wins in 24 games not bad at all not bad.
    The posts from Amir are often bizarre beyond belief.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys I seriously did it to myself: I watched the full game just now on delay, since we were out with friends last night and I didn't have time. I think I need to call for an intervention here, might need someone sent over to my house due to inflicting intentional self harm. Actually the main reason for watching is pretty funny: I woke up too early and I hoped that watching the game would help me fall asleep again. Just about worked too: I just didn't pull the plug on the game at the right time to doze off and then I missed the opportunity. Using the 2nd half to do the exercises I'm supposed to do every day but hardly ever do, also added to the masochistic enjoyment.

After reading some of the comments above, more complaints about the Apple broadcast shite: first of all, there seems to be no way to start watching the game on delay w/o seeing the final score. (I had avoided all news and social media so I didn't know the result yet.) Absolute amateur garbage. I purposely didn't put my glasses on when I was loading the game (I'm pretty farsighted so can't see much close w/o the glasses on), and even squinted to try and avoid seeing any details. But I still had a pretty good idea of the final score because it's just too obvious while finding and loading the game. Watching the whole game anyway is pretty much certifiable, but I had a masochistic desire to see in which way TFC would fail on the day. In the end I was adequately disappointed.

How about this tripe from the Apple crew: "And that does it. The referee brings a halt to a PULSATING second half at Allianz Field." That's freaking funny. Later in the recap there was more over-the-top BS. Did someone say this guy also calls WWE shows? On brand.

Seeing the teams and coaches after the match: Adrian Heath and Bob Bradley seem like two over-the-hill and clueless coaches. Both are extremely lucky to have excessively faithful home crowds. Note that MUFC has been dismal at home this year, and they spend half as much on players as TFC, so only coming away with point is so embarrassing for TFC. If you think of Mabika's repeated heroics, a draw was actually lucky for TFC.

I can't believe how often Insigne kills the flow by totally stopping and waiting when receiving the ball. I can't imagine he played like that in Napoli. I don't know how much is due to his own bad decisions, and how much is due to there being no plan to get something done in offense.

The high press doesn't really work great for either team, as they both looked really gassed 2/3rds the way through the game. Ref should have ended the game before Insigne's goal and deducted two points from both sides.