Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, for those attending the match tonight, TFC needs to move merch! Overstocked?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only concern for this one is that grindy/athletic types like Chris Mueller seem to do well against us.

Off topic - anyone know of places in Barrie with Season Pass?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    FWIW, for those attending the match tonight, TFC needs to move merch! Overstocked?

They're not selling well at all, as expected. My team source said that's why they've been using the white-and-greys at home, because they're extremely popular, but the fan-designed one isn't moving.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post

They had this sale last year as well. I took advantage of it to buy two authentic jerseys plus used by season member credit they gave us after COVID which I think came to around $80 total including tax. Not bad for $40 each. I would never pay the full price tag. I wonder if the new jerseys are still having all the quality problems. I will say that Real Sports are the absolute worst retailer to deal with once you buy something and have an issue with it. I have had multiple problems with them costing me money and I don't buy anything from them anymore. Buyer beware to check things out fully before you walk to the cash register. I mean REALLY check the item for defects. Even with the receipt they can be a pain in the ass.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    They're not selling well at all, as expected. My team source said that's why they've been using the white-and-greys at home, because they're extremely popular, but the fan-designed one isn't moving.
    Sure...wear the whites

against a team that won't wear red

(that NYRB wore their red at our house us absurd)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Sure...wear the whites

against a team that won't wear red

(that NYRB wore their red at our house us absurd)
    I suspect that message got through to them. Many, many people were unhappy about that.

Tonight's going to be weird. Frank Klopas, the interim Chicago manager, I suspect is a bit like a certain former TFC manager, may he rest in peace, who was not perceived as being that "helpful" of the former manager.

He's had some personal business dealings the other party felt were less-than-honorable.

I thought he was an MLS 1.0 coach but he's been getting three goals a game out of them since Hendrickson left. Also giving up a bunch more too, though. New coach bounce there may just be that it's more fun focusing on offense than defense.

Or maybe Shaquiri's having an Insigne-esque come-to moment, where he realizes he had to up the individual play in this league to make a dent.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago was having that "giving away late leads" problem under Hendrickson.

I fully expect them to go into a lead on a lucky goal & then for us to come back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said in the past, I'll say it again: good kits are both streetwear and look good on the pitch. The Community Kit, for all the shit that we give it (somewhat rightly so) looks good as a white away kit with full gear, on its own, and under a dress shirt at work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    I've said in the past, I'll say it again: good kits are both streetwear and look good on the pitch. The Community Kit, for all the shit that we give it (somewhat rightly so) looks good as a white away kit with full gear, on its own, and under a dress shirt at work.
    It's fine for what it is but it's a bit dull. Now our new home one is and always will be shit. That one should go down in history as one of, if not our worst one ever. I think I'd even put that away one with the blue accents or that away monochrome red logo one over it.

I used to want nice things but I see our overseers aren't responsible enough to handle that. Just do the Liverpool and have shades of the same red shirt every 2 years and get funky with the collar & trim only. Go crazy with the away one if need be because nobody cares about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I admit they are not as crappy as they once appeared when we first saw them. The streetwear things matters to some and I’ll admit that’s probably an important element for the club wrt jersey sales (although many won’t care).

Where these kits roundly suck (and nobody will convince me otherwise) is it doesn’t exactly mesh with the history of the club. WTF are we doing running around in Grey and black hoops as a primary kit?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    WTF are we doing running around in Grey and black hoops as a primary kit?
    I like the hoops idea and it could have been alright if the hoops were more like small pinstripes on a red shirt and the shoulders were red also.

I know a fan made this design but somebody with sense from the club should have run it through quality control before approving this mess.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I like the hoops idea and it could have been alright if the hoops were more like small pinstripes and the shoulders were red. I know a fan made this design but somebody with sonse from the club should have run it through quality control before approving this mess.
    I would have liked it more if they just did onyx/red instead of onyx/grey. I actually thought the idea of weaving in the drum beats was great, but it needed to be more prominent on the kit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have liked it more if they just did onyx/red instead of onyx/grey. I actually thought the idea of weaving in the drum beats was great, but it needed to be more prominent on the kit.
    That should have been the "hoops". The sound wave things like on the scarf.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the kit discussion....it is also widely known that unless you have a slimmer/athletic build you don't wear horizontal lines...just sayin'. Fine for the players but not for some of us....including myself in that category.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The scarf this year was great in March April & earlier this month

On a day like today - I go back to that Pashmina they gave us a few years ago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That should have been the "hoops". The sound wave things like on the scarf.
    Yep. You get me. The scarf was lit fire this year.

Anyways, the game.

Getting Berna going again is important and I have a feeling it's a lot about motivation, it is about his 'lazy' days at Juve being misused and underappreciated. Definitely feels like one of those guys that needs a bit of fire to get going, so hopefully the drama doesn't get to him this week (like I think it has in the past)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting Berna going again is important and I have a feeling it's a lot about motivation, it is about his 'lazy' days at Juve being misused and underappreciated. Definitely feels like one of those guys that needs a bit of fire to get going, so hopefully the drama doesn't get to him this week (like I think it has in the past)
    Hopefully Bob manages this situation properly. It could really go either way for Bob and/or Berna. Really no way to predict the outcome beforehand but if Berna is on the bench then we'll know Bob blew his part of the equation.

Literally anything could happen tonight from just about anybody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Bob manages this situation properly. It could really go either way for Bob and/or Berna. Really no way to predict the outcome beforehand but if Berna is on the bench then we'll know Bob blew his part of the equation.

Literally anything could happen tonight from just about anybody.
    Think the main thing is we need a performance like last game. Not confident that wasn't just a pride bump.
    Last edited by jloome; 05-31-2023 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm....that be interesting.

Rosted & Servania on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Oh damn. So is Berna at Center or Kerr?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Oh damn. So is Berna at Center or Kerr?
    I'm guessing Kerry at 9, Fede wing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing Kerry at 9, Fede wing.
    I agree. Would be happy to see all three interchange at various times in the match though, especially Bernie and Kerr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised JMR is starting. He had a relatively poor game, the worst of our players last time out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not surprising Fede is back in the team. It behooves all parties to get him bought in again and playing well.

Now we just have to see if he shows up tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Live stream anyone?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody looks very tired.

Kobe seems to have hit the wall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the game very humid still.

After Brady injury and fantastic saves I expect nothing less than a win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did that all take place on the pitch, delaying the game, when the guy clearly needs stitches and can't continue? Fuck me. Fair play to the tough goalie, but we had momentum, and that should've been moved off the pitch as soon as he passed the concussion test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did that all take place on the pitch, delaying the game, when the guy clearly needs stitches and can't continue? Fuck me. Fair play to the tough goalie, but we had momentum, and that should've been moved off the pitch as soon as he passed the concussion test.
    Exactly what I was going to say, holy hell, like they should have got the GK off the pitch 5 min ago.