Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A young DP who barely gets any minutes? Maybe the Fire and TFC are on the same page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good - Moments of comfortable possession in attacking half
    Bad - Defending in transition
    Ugly - Zero ideas in possession. No attacking patterns whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think after the drama last week the realization may have settled in this week that it might be over.

Killbaine is probably right in that they are all dead man walking.
    You might be right. Not enough quick movement today, too many individual efforts again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is Servania bitching about, that went right through his feet. Jesus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What in the fuck is Mbongue doing. Amateur hour with Insigne darting like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, all that Chicago shithousing and we only get 5 added minutes? What the fuck is that about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    What in the fuck is Mbongue doing. Amateur hour with Insigne darting like that.
    Only two options, only one obviously wrong, he picked it. Why try the back post runner when he's only just entered the box? Madness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is disgusting to watch.

Can't beat Chicago. I've been trying not to post because I only have negative things to say. But this club has me so exhausted to even think about. Honestly makes me sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Bob out? Or are we waiting until we lose to a team worse than the Fire?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a strange game. It's both true to say that we deserved to win and were the better team and that a good team would have beaten us easily

After last week, that wasn't what bob needed. Better than a loss but that was not good at all. Back to our worst in many ways against a fucking terrible team we should have easily turned over.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that was 2 bad teams making 2 hours of my time feel like watching paint dry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59% possession, 20 shots, 1.84 xG
    And yet ... we looked totally useless in the final third.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mbongue has never impressed whenever he has be given a chance , and oh my did he really screw that up he had Insigne wide open but could not find the pass , it was harder to screw that up than make the pass . However , we trade the kid and you watch him find his game .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave up having a nap to watch this.
    Even still, I should've watch the Force/York United CPL 905 derby instead of this...
    Absolutely dreadful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Only two options, only one obviously wrong, he picked it. Why try the back post runner when he's only just entered the box? Madness.
    I understand what he was doing if his pass was a bit more accurate would have been a goal - actually nothing is guaranteed with TFC.

He should have taken two Maybe 3 steps and passed it to insigne he had so so so much space and time - he basically treated insigne like a rookie who needed to be walked in for a easy tap in .

Lolol.

I can only laugh instead of cry.

3 wins in 24 games yep- the treble will be coming soon. Lol Jesus.lord have mercy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    59% possession, 20 shots, 1.84 xG
    And yet ... we looked totally useless in the final third.
    First half was most of those shots & xG

Second half, they all just wilted.

When the Fire had a 4 on 1 there near the end, I was wondering how they were going to mess it up - they did what our guys seem to do go forward on the side, stop, pull it back 1 step & then pass to the 3rd trailing person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to start getting paid to watch TFC games.

I'm honestly completely done with this team for the season. How is any of this supposed to get better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that was shit.

We were okay for stretches of the first half. But second half was weak. Too many rushed passes, too little control. Too many individual efforts around the box, too many late passes and crosses.

Just poor. Franklin wasn't involved at all on the left side, and yet somehow managed to be caught high several times.

Fede made multiple bad decisions. Insigne didn't do much either. We just lacked the impetus again; when the ball was coming wide, the box was generally mostly white shirts.

Richie had many good moments but also got beat defensively a couple of times, and made a few poor choices on overlaps.

MAK was juggling again and no one was leading well with passes, so guys often started with poor initial positioning, having to back up to the defence because balls are played in behind them, and slowly.

20-4 on shots, but only 6-1 on goal. Lots of wasted offense.

I think there are occasions when Fede slows our offense down too much to set up taking on his player, and should just put a ball into the box. Equally, he had Kerr open in front of the net on the move where he got off the good low shot.

I dunno... I get how skilled he is and that he can change games. But I think he occasionally ignores a better option for one that he can control, which is probably a confidence in teammates issue as much as anything vain. Insigne does it too, but less often generally.

Franklin's movement made Insigne's life difficult tonight. The kid kept cutting inside from low, instead of overlapping and then cutting in behind to support, so every time Insigne went to move into that space, it was already taken.

Their offensive movement is, generally, still a problem. I get the approach, it hasn't really changed, and when we get enough guys into the box AND quick delivery, it can work. But tonight we got neither, and their general individual movement wasn't smart enough to make up for it.

I think Richard may be right, they may all know he's not going to survive, or at the very least, they may dislike each other/Bob/Fede/MB etc enough that they're just not very motivated.

At this point though, that felt like a loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    First half was most of those shots & xG

Second half, they all just wilted.

When the Fire had a 4 on 1 there near the end, I was wondering how they were going to mess it up - they did what our guys seem to do go forward on the side, stop, pull it back 1 step & then pass to the 3rd trailing person.
    It's funny, during that moment I literally wasn't even slightly nervous. I knew they'd fuck it up. I'm a pessimist by nature who assumes all opposition players will turn into Messi the second they touch the ball but that was the level of belief that Chicago side gave me, it never even crossed my mind that we'd concede

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    I understand what he was doing if his pass was a bit more accurate would have been a goal - .
    It would've been intercepted no matter what he did. Outside of the fact that the second trailer was LATE, Chicago had three men between the penalty spot and our other attacker, so... In an ideal world, if they weren't defending their own box or we were on a long break, sure.

It was clearly the more covered man, so why not just drill it short to Insigne's feet. He's a fucking pro, he'd just let it run across him and tap it in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was bad

Time to go Bob.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bernadeschi and Insigne are not allowed to take any more free kicks until they hit the net or drop it in the box 100 times in a row in practice
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 05-31-2023 at 08:53 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thing is...the defence is pretty good, which makes a change from 2020-2022.

But man....those guys just looked mind dead tonight on offence - like they were 8 games into a long stretch, the weather was hot & they had no clue how to do anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s 0-0, you’re playing at home, you’re subbed and you walk off the pitch with the ref trying to get you to move faster …. I have difficulty with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Bernadeschi and Insigne are not allowed to take any more free kicks until they hit the net or drop it in the box 100 times in a row times in practice
    I miss the feeling of excitement every time Seba lined up for free kick on goal.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stronger point, like Og said better defense.

The problem with this team is the compete lack of offensive strategy. No attempts to create overloads, nothing. Just individuals playing on the field together, doing their own thing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Stronger point, like Og said better defense.

The problem with this team is the compete lack of offensive strategy. No attempts to create overloads, nothing. Just individuals playing on the field together, doing their own thing.
    Which was what Berna said was happening that started the week of "discussions" & what WASN'T happening on Saturday night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Which was what Berna said was happening that started the week of "discussions" & what WASN'T happening on Saturday night.
    Yeah, it was a real reversion to form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.8 million in strikers that are all worthless. Unbelievable cap management

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah, it was a real reversion to form.
    I'm coming to the conclusion that the game tonight was just a mental step to far for this group.

I get it, they are professionals & are supposed to perform.

But, when I think about it, all those games & the one week where they were supposed to get some rest & recovery - they are dealing with "stuff". They recover, play well & then 4 days later try to play again, in heat, & they are just mentally wiped out.

I think this team won't have a good game on Saturday but will be in it until the end - the offence is not going to be better until they have a full week off before the Nashville outing.