RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default other mls games day 15

day 15 is upon us and the teams are heading into the summer months.

lets get going.

Montreal vs Inter

Montreal coming off a mid week can champ victory and host miami. Both of these teams could use a win to keep up with the others. Montreal has home field advantage so they got going for them. Miami if they can keep a few players healthy could be a threat but they got too much going on with messi blah blah and the coach being euro snobby (see interview with reporter)

Inter win

Revs vs fire

Revs coming off a bad loss against philly and will want to bounce back. Fire getting things going but still not its best self. They go and visit that wonderful turf field.

revs win

NYCFC vs Philly

Good game here. Can philly get a win streak going and start picking up decent points in the league. NYCFC will wanna get going but do have to get by a philly team that put on a clinic against the revs.

draw

Orlando vs Atlanta

Atlanta has been good but man they have a hard time closing out games . With two players most likely departing the team in the summer Atlanta will have to solve some issues going forward. Giakoumakis is really that great number 9 that works hard with tracking back and defending. Good off the bench too. Orlando is still hot and cold ever 2 weeks but need to find some stability in their results.

Atlanta win

Houston vs Austin.

Another texas derby this week. Austin coming off a late win against us and houstin going into this favourites as austin just really isn't playing well. Houston playing at home so they can use that at their adantage.

houston win

Loons vs salt lake.

The reynoso saga is slowly gettig better but still not all well. Salt lake kinda picking up steam but i think its ends here

loons win

St louis vs Vancouver.

The white caps have not won away from home and coming off a big win against seattle. St louis is picking up steam again and i think another 3 points is on the table for them here

St louis win

Colorado vs cincy

Colorado is on a free fall and now host cincy who is on fire. Cincy has five points space in the shield race and a win here could widen that gap.

cincy win

Galaxy vs charlotte.

Galaxy coming off a mid week traffico win in the usa open cup. i think a win here will breathe some life into them. Charlotte coming into carson to take advantage of a slumping galaxy side.

galaxy win

San jose vs dallas.

San jose is doing pretty ok in the standings and jesus is fire for dallas. I think this ghame will be close maybe even a split in points.

tie

Seattle vs Red bulls

Seattle must be fuming after coming off the Vancouver loss but now have red bulls coming in who are turning pages since the new coach took over. I think seattle has to come out here firing but are missing some key players. I would be shocked is seattle loses two games in a row.

draw

sunday games

KC VS portland.

KC is god awful and host portland. Portland is doing well despite some aging players. I think they will be ok to beat KC

portland win

Nasvhille vs Columbus.

MUkhtar is on fire and columbus is showing weakness. This will be a very close game and maybe even low scoring.

tie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two games today...skc at home has already conceded early...stadium is packed but very quiet...do we start hearing vermes out chants again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

erik thommy with a banger...1-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

salloi puts skc up at 42 but theres a foul...still 1-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boli misses an open net before the break...what a game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

36 year old zusi subs in at the break and assists salloi and this time its good...2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a couple minutes later own goal and its 3-1...wow...and it started with a great ball by 36 year old espinoza

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This NSH v COL game is a damn fine display of football.

CMNT update:

Pleased for MacNaughton. He has really found a great situation in Nashville. He has looked OK - I think he maybe misread the play on the goal, it was probably his job to find and close the shooter. He has otherwise been very good, had another excellent chance up front (I love how Nashville move him up sometimes) … there was a play where he got bailed out by a 50/50 foul call, that had it gone the other way would have seen Columbus in alone.

Farsi hasn’t shown much yet, one way or the other.

Morris has an edge. Hasn’t shown much playmaking skill yet today. Outstanding defensively.

Shaffelburg in the 18 but not starting today.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-28-2023 at 08:46 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know why McNaughton is starting over Zimmerman regularly? From what I can see Zimmerman is in the lineup, so it's not like he's injured?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nashville comes from behind to beat columbus....looks like nancy is willing to go with the back three at any cost...knocked out in open cup by a uslc team and now 1 win in the last 7 in mls...does bezbatchenko survive if they miss the playoffs for a 4th time in 5 years?

zimmerman is returning from injury

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Anyone know why McNaughton is starting over Zimmerman regularly? From what I can see Zimmerman is in the lineup, so it's not like he's injured?
    He has been out with a groin injury for a couple of weeks. Not sure why they are dressing him and not playing him.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”