Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go to games because I enjoy many aspects of the experience.

I fully expect us to be crushed m

I am still going.

There was a 5 year old girl behind me my last game at BMO. I suspect she doesn't care about vaping or who's a son of whom or how the tactics play.

I can't be that niave anymore.

But I will go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Atlantic article coming out the day before a game? Yeah, we're going to get thumped because tomorrow is going to be a hostile environment for the home side. I'm betting another 2-0 loss, but if they get completely thumped then we know the situation is irreparable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So do we all think Insigne will still play after that shock reveal?

This is going to be a shitshow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Insigne boycotts tomorrow.

So unacceptable.

I was borderline on getting seasons again this year. I am very glad I didn’t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So do we all think Insigne will still play after that shock reveal?

This is going to be a shitshow.
    I’d sit it out if I were him. Feed Bob to the wolves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

So unacceptable.

I was borderline on getting seasons again this year. I am very glad I didn’t.

Regardless, he should play. He is a professional player with a contract. I mean we KNOW how he feels. Doing something like sitting out just kills any future chances of him joining a team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Regardless, he should play. He is a professional player with a contract. I mean we KNOW how he feels. Doing something like sitting out just kills any future chances of him joining a team.
    if bob is going down with the ship.he should not play LI tomorrow.i hope he sits him.i want this to implode so they have to clean house

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bernardeschi story has reached the British tabloids:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ma...e-Toronto.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We may yet see just how divided the TFC dressing room really is by or during match-time. How well, of those fielded, each play; if hearts are in it. Perhaps, even a possibility, if a team is fielded at all, in the case there is a player boycott/revolt of the coach; which may intern suddenly see an interim on the touch-line and with Fede playing? A lot may happen in the next hours, just as has happened in these past hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    We may yet see just how divided the TFC dressing room really is by or during match-time. How well, of those fielded, each play; if hearts are in it. Perhaps, even a possibility, if a team is fielded at all, in the case there is a player boycott/revolt of the coach; which may intern suddenly see an interim on the touch-line and with Fede playing? A lot may happen in the next hours, just as has happened in these past hours.
    One feature of Sporting Director Bradley’s tenure has been extreme stuff when it comes to “my kind of guy” and “not my kind of guy”. The 33 guys out in a season and a half was and is very extreme. Usually managers find ways to work with players who they might not love but know they need and can get real contributions from. If he had a GM working properly above him I don’t think the carnage would have been as extreme because what he did was unworkable and a recipe for disaster.

So maybe it’s not surprising the camps are divided. I think this ‘all in it’ or ‘all out’ approach crippled us last season because quite a few of the players unceremoniously shipped out were some of the better players and who knew how to play. We ended up with kids playing out of position and of course that went badly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    You might be right. IDK what to think anymore. I am all over the place on aspects of this story. What is actually true, from what has be stated? The simmering dysfunction is just so bat-shit crazy! A lot of it speculated about in the past on the very Threads of this Forum! Wow!

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-27-2023 at 02:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I hope too..

If Insigne will not boycott, it means that he is not on the same page with Berna, and will never be.
    And in this case the team should get rid of one of these guys, no matter who will be the new coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be at the game in the "corner" wearing my Wisla scarf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder where some of the other guys sit-like Oso, Richie, SJ, Hedges which side are they leaning to- was there consensus among the supposed leadership group that the Fede benching needed to be done.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather is nice today - expect a decent crowd.

Most people going either

a) don't know about what has happened

or

b) don't care cause they are there for the event

I support the team - I'll be there tonight.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Commuting news

Harbourfront streetcars replaced by buses this weekend....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MATCH DAY!

For me is the most important TFC match in the last 3 years and 5 months, because after this one we can have some good conclusions on what to expect until the end of the 2024 season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add a lighter ray to a gloom and doom atmosphere, you know who's the whisest "person" on this whole forum?

That must be a certain poster's "dog", who lately doesn't even bother about TFC!
    I mean we all know that for all these matches this year he would say "I'm not impressed", but he's wise to not even bother any more losing time to give his opinion.

PS: Yeah, I knew we're going to have (yet another) full of shit season, just a few games into the season, because of the absence of his opinion about these matches...
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-27-2023 at 07:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also agree, he should play.
    Which does not mean he should play to his fullest capability (far from that!)... I would be shocked if he does so.
    In this latter case it would mean that he has a truly poisonous relation with Fede - he dislikes Fede more than he dislikes BB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I go to games because I enjoy many aspects of the experience.

I fully expect us to be crushed m

I am still going.

There was a 5 year old girl behind me my last game at BMO. I suspect she doesn't care about vaping or who's a son of whom or how the tactics play.

I can't be that niave anymore.

But I will go
    I’m with you. It might be a train wreck but it’s our train wreck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I’m with you. It might be a train wreck but it’s our train wreck.
    "It Might Be A Train Wreck But It's Our Train Wreck" should replace "All For One" as the club's new slogan. At least it's true.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 05-27-2023 at 08:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    This should replace "All For One" as the club's new slogan. At least it's true.
    Lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Lol!
    You should secure the marketing rights. The new slogan could be printed on this season's home jersey.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    To add a lighter ray to a gloom and doom atmosphere, you know who's the whisest "person" on this whole forum?

That must be a certain poster's "dog", who lately doesn't even bother about TFC!
    I mean we all know that for all these matches this year he would say "I'm not impressed", but he's wise to not even bother any more losing time to give his opinion.

PS: Yeah, I knew we're going to have (yet another) full of shit season, just a few games into the season, because of the absence of his opinion about these matches...
    He's around....but getting his attention has been difficult

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would whole heartly stay away from anything to do with shuttle buses. Take the King St. streetcar or GO from Union.

In Commuting news

Harbourfront streetcars replaced by buses this weekend....

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I have always said the supporters are the hyperhole of TFC. Things that matter to use, very few care about. For most it is about the event, the evening/afternoon out. Have a good time, have a few beers, maybe see a few goals etc.

Weather is nice today - expect a decent crowd.

Most people going either

a) don't know about what has happened

or

b) don't care cause they are there for the event

I support the team - I'll be there tonight.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    As I have always said the supporters are the hyperhole of TFC. Things that matter to use, very few care about. For most it is about the event, the evening/afternoon out. Have a good time, have a few beers, maybe see a few goals etc.
    This is not valid only for TFC, but for the whole professional US+Canada football.

This is a brutal contrast between the European professional football going peple and US + Canada professional football going people.
    By football going people I'm lumping in everybody present at a match: supporters, fans, football lovers. Some weks ago I wanted to make a tread about this contrast, but then I dropped the idea...

In Europe they go for the love of the game, if for not for the love of one of the teams. So if not demanding results from the team they are sided with, at least they are demanding a good level of play.

In US and Canada it's just a good time out social event, meeting friends, having good talks about anything, not only the match & the teams, having drinks, eating, etc. This also explains that tons of people always arrive good 10 minutes after match starts, 10 minutes before half time go to stay in fucking lines to get drinks and food, then coming back 10 minutes later, then yet again 10 minutes before game ends a ton of people are leaving. This shit isn't happening in Europe.

I don't know about South America, Asia or Africa, but I suppose it's the same like in Europe.
    If this offends anyone, sorry, but I speak like an European, who until was 30 years old, went to probably well over 100 matches in 2 countries' top divisions, and a few dozen in the 2nd division.

Another sharp difference:

No fucking way that more than 1/3 of the stadium should be full ever, until things start to change in positive for TFC!!

That would happen in any of the professional leagues in Euro, when a team spends that much like TFC and has these kinds of results in the competition.
    There people who really support a team understand to support by this attitude, because this is the best way to make they voices heard, besides protesting at matches with songs, banners, boos, leaving en masse (the supporter groups) very early in matches.

But no, in US+Canada real supporters always support the boys by being at the game, no matter what...
    For someone raised in another football coulture that is the definition of nonsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have it in me to hope for a loss but if another disappointing result on home soil will accelerate the process of hiring a new manager, then so be it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I don't have it in me to hope for a loss but if another disappointing result on home soil will accelerate the process of hiring a new manager, then so be it.
    You don't need to hope for it. The question is whether we can keep our goalless streak going to challenge the 2007 record or if we can go 3+ matches without a shot on target. What is the record for longest run without a shot on target? Give us all the shitty records.