Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bookmakers have us as a marginal favourite to win this, though still rate us at lower than 50% to do so. Seems crazy to me but who knows, they're definitely more optimistic than we are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    The bookmakers have us as a marginal favourite to win this, though still rate us at lower than 50% to do so. Seems crazy to me but who knows, they're definitely more optimistic than we are
    The line barely moved after it came out that Berna was out. I feel like the bookmakers really don't know how to set the lines for MLS, or they overly weight home field advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    The line barely moved after it came out that Berna was out. I feel like the bookmakers really don't know how to set the lines for MLS, or they overly weight home field advantage.
    Over weighting home advantage in MLS is a sound strategy to be fair but this one is weird. The bookmakers don't even have to notice or pay attention, if the market notices that alone pushes the odds (otherwise you could destroy the bookmakers on niche leagues you study). I can't really explain today's odds, it's downright weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    This is not valid only for TFC, but for the whole professional US+Canada football.

This is a brutal contrast between the European professional football going peple and US + Canada professional football going people.
    By football going people I'm lumping in everybody present at a match: supporters, fans, football lovers. Some weks ago I wanted to make a tread about this contrast, but then I dropped the idea...

In Europe they go for the love of the game, if for not for the love of one of the teams. So if not demanding results from the team they are sided with, at least they are demanding a good level of play.

In US and Canada it's just a good time out social event, meeting friends, having good talks about anything, not only the match & the teams, having drinks, eating, etc. This also explains that tons of people always arrive good 10 minutes after match starts, 10 minutes before half time go to stay in fucking lines to get drinks and food, then coming back 10 minutes later, then yet again 10 minutes before game ends a ton of people are leaving. This shit isn't happening in Europe.

I don't know about South America, Asia or Africa, but I suppose it's the same like in Europe.
    If this offends anyone, sorry, but I speak like an European, who until was 30 years old, went to probably well over 100 matches in 2 countries' top divisions, and a few dozen in the 2nd division.

Another sharp difference:

No fucking way that more than 1/3 of the stadium should be full ever, until things start to change in positive for TFC!!

That would happen in any of the professional leagues in Euro, when a team spends that much like TFC and has these kinds of results in the competition.
    There people who really support a team understand to support by this attitude, because this is the best way to make they voices heard, besides protesting at matches with songs, banners, boos, leaving en masse (the supporter groups) very early in matches.

But no, in US+Canada real supporters always support the boys by being at the game, no matter what...
    For someone raised in another football coulture that is the definition of nonsense.
    I don’t know about that. Old Trafford has been full the last decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I don’t know about that. Old Trafford has been full the last decade.
    Yeah I think that's a romanticized view of Europe's top flights, at least at the truly top of the pryamid. A decent % at any top English game are tourists in for the day. It's been a long, long, long time since top English stadiums (and same for the other big teams) stadiums were filled with hardcore fans

Hell, in maybe 2000? 2001? Roy Keane got in trouble for ranting about exactly this, saying how good mid week games were because less people flew in for it and referring to Manchester United weekend fans as "the prawn sandwich brigade". That was over 20 years ago, and it's only gone further in that direction. Teams there don't sell to local working class people they sell weekend trips and they're open about that (remember "legacy fans"?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think tonight we either roll over and die or the team comes super fired up.

What happens if we win? Lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post

We cheer....and thank them for a job well done...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post

What if we win because insigne puts the team on his back and bags a hat trick? Does that make bobs position better or worse? Lots of interesting outcomes from tonight, it will definitely be telling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bookmakers in most cases are right.
    IMHO this one has a 0-0 or 1-1 type draw written all over it (I'm not believing this because off the bookie lines).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a bizarre feeling going into this one. The only intrigue is to see whether the players have any fucks left to give or actively try to get Bob out. And the shame associated with potentially wanting the latter to happen.

The absolute fucking state of this club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is funny - I was just about to come on here and talk about gambling thinking I was the only one thinking the line of DC as a slight underdog is weird - I guess it’s not just me - I am hammering DC tonight and will be happy to be proven to be wrong but I’ve been betting against us all year and it’s proven quite profitable - usually betting on losses on the road, and ties at home - tonight just has the “Armas Out” potential written all over it where the team simply quits on the coach — maybe a little money on some wild goal totals too (put like $5-$10 on 5+ or 7+ total goals or some crazy crap like that).

Other picks for tonight - I am thinking St Louis and Seattle at home tonight too - Vegas over Dallas (over 5.5 goals total) and Butler over in points against the Celtics -

No point talking about soccer anymore frankly - the best thing that happened to them this season is that no one is watching them disintegrate thanks to Apple TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/sta...xq1wfsWduPsjh7

TORONTO — Disgruntled Toronto FC star Federico Bernardeschi took to social media for a defiant response to being benched by coach Bob Bradley.Bernardeschi, who has 2.8 million followers on Instagram, shared his position in a two-part Instagram story.
    The first portion showed an unsmiling Bernardeschi in front of his Toronto FC locker with a box next to the word "Workout" being ticked to the musical accompaniment of "Can't Stop Me Now" by American alternative rock duo The Score.
    "I've climbed so many mountains, each one's another test," says the song. "It's hard to breathe when it's just you against your Everest. They say what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. Guess I can shake the world and take the pain a little longer."
    "Can't stop me now," says the refrain. "And heavy is the head that wears the crown."
    The second part was a review of the Italian's statistics through the first 14 games of the season: best goal-scorer, best-per-game average chances created, most key passes per game, second-best assist provider, second-most shots on target and second-most percentage dribbles succeeded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if we win because insigne puts the team on his back and bags a hat trick? Does that make bobs position better or worse? Lots of interesting outcomes from tonight, it will definitely be telling

I would love to see this. I want Bill and Bob gone but I also want the team to win.

I feel bad for guys like Hedges, Sean Johnson, etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's possible. At this rate I'd be impressed if we got a hat trick of shots on target but that seems too long a shot as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’re going to get killed 2-0 at best. They’re much improved. I hate Apple and its shitty digital keyboard for wiping out this post three fucking times before finished.

They’ve only lost once in seven games. Benteke, O’Brien and Klisch make them extremely dangerous, they have high work rates, and a manager with a clue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on my source’s take on things, I have at least a small worry that Bob has convinced them this is “poisonous” Bernardeschi, and that as soon as he’s gone, we’re going to start performing better. When the reality is that even if it helped sitting him, we’re tactically shit, and the players are so tense we’re more likely to trip over a ball than get a foot on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We’re going to get killed 2-0 at best. They’re much improved. I hate Apple and its shitty digital keyboard for wiping out this post three fucking times before finished.

They’ve only lost once in seven games. Benteke, O’Brien and Klisch make them extremely dangerous, they have high work rates, and a manager with a clue.
    At the same time, if I heard correctly, mainz had lost 4 in a row coming in to today, and managed to eventually tie dortmand today to knock them out of the top spot - and that was on the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe he has four home games, as my source suggested, to turn things around.

But I get the sense we might see something sooner if we get crushed this weekend.
    I can’t see things turned around with the Italians on the roster. So we may as well get shelled for better or worse.

At any rate I don’t see them scoring less than two and for us one would be an achievement. Maybe Insigne and Sapong can begin seeing each other again like they did in Sapong’s debut.

A bit interesting in that DC and us were shit last year and this years been a different story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on my source’s take on things, I have at least a small worry that Bob has convinced them this is “poisonous” Bernardeschi, and that as soon as he’s gone, we’re going to start performing better. When the reality is that even if it helped sitting him, we’re tactically shit, and the players are so tense we’re more likely to trip over a ball than get a foot on it.
    It must be driving Bradley nuts. Last season he didn’t seem to been able to tolerate the slightest neutrality or anything other than 110% hung ho… now he’s got his two best, most storied players who have not wanted to play with since last year (in Insigne’s) case and are continuing to mutiny. Got to think he has the wrong personality to adequately deal with this situation. (and looks like that’s been true since last season).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes. Shaq and Kobe famously hated each other and they were still able to win championships. Winning can fix everything and the tactics aren't currently there to get this team winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes. Shaq and Kobe famously hated each other and they were still able to win championships. Winning can fix everything and the tactics aren't currently there to get this team winning.
    They had Phile Jackson for a coach which is the equivalent of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Bob's a dinosaur who's time has come to retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've lost passion since last season at the end there... I always mentioned no goals created within the run of game play.

I'm torn between going and showing my displeasure or not going at all.

Every thing we pay for has increased in price was promised would translate in the standings.

Everytime I pay I'm like thank you bill manning.

Unfortunately with argos 150th year or whatever combined with the uncertainty leafs and raptors are in this situation really is starting to haunt me as I don't think anything will change...referring to BM as the main focus.

If BB has 4 home games - that means pretty much until the summer window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow wow wow this is what I assumed.

BB is pulling the sheet over BMs eyes just like BM is doing to MLSE.

This actually hurts like I went from such a high in 2016 to 2020 and then 2022 national team has been awesome and fun and watching tfc players looking so much better and happier vs a TFC match becomes difficult to deal with too such extremes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget about them. Seems TFC's Y17 Treble Champions squad may have been just as dysfunctional as our current group. Only glory/winning masks all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-3-3 Uber alles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne is back, MAK is back. Petretta loses his spot to Kobe Franklin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea who the third CM is. Could be JMR or Kerr.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see Kobe getting minutes, he has been a bright spot of late.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I don’t know how to add photos, but what I was trying to add was a photo of a sign reading “Bradley Out” in the security garbage bin at gate 2.
    Last edited by TMAN80; 05-27-2023 at 06:02 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crowd is filing in.

Expect about 22k tonight.