Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    For the record, seems Insigne was not on the flight…
    Follow-up...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What caught my eye was the "in a funny way"....same crap as his classic in a "in a good way".

Drives me nuts...ffs...lol.

Enough of this clown, has to be fired. The team cannot sink any lower than this (or can it?).

Fede without saying the words "fire Bob Bradley", did so last night in that masterclass interview. Enough is enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the game was well played, i think that the backline needs to quickly render a quick training session though in order to get better hastly. when ever bernadeschi sp is playing so far back, he also decides to take it forward creating is he doing all the work by himself, or do the other players need to get the ball forward instead of playing back. too much playing back is not good... sincerely jay

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Good, modern managers put together patterns of movement and shifting the ball to move defenders out of position and create imbalances or mismatches. These guys manage like NCAA. IT's just tactically insufficient to the level the league is now at. If we had a more balanced lineup, ala LAFC, we would just win more with this style because the 1-on-1 matchups would fall to us.

"Do you miss me yet?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminder that Vanney left because he wanted to go home.

Feda had it right in his video interview

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/postg...hi-may-20-2023

Players tried really hard, the young guys tried hard - the tactics offensively (not formation) are wrong. He indicated not shooting was a tactical issue. Players are trying with the right mentality. But the tactics are not good enough offensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I mean, I’m sure that was partial motivation. But it sounded like Manning basically made him coach for his new contract which I’m sure was more than enough motivation to leave town on its own.

I think he’s better than what we have but I don’t particularly think we should revisit history by bringing him back again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney had the luxury of riding on the back of a hot DP.

Currently sitting dead last with LA galaxy.

Hard pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are you getting that from?!?

He said quite specifically when he left that he wanted to stay but they just never approached him with a new offer. They deliberately didn't negotiate a deal with him, so that he would take other offers they knew were out there, because Ali wanted to hire Chris Armas. The quote was something like "I kept expecting an offer but it never happened."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He said quite specifically when he left that he wanted to stay but they just never approached him with a new offer. They deliberately didn't negotiate a deal with him, so that he would take other offers they knew were out there, because Ali wanted to hire Chris Armas. The quote was something like "I kept expecting an offer but it never happened."
    See the quote.

He waited to see if the LAG gig would come up - that was his dream - to coach the team he played for.

Its not working out & I would have to think about whether he'd be good back up here - unlike others, I think he didn't ride DP's to success. And he has a track record of making domestic prospects better. And he teaches what to do in situations.

BUT...can he adjust to and move with the MLS game circa 2024 compared to 2017? BB doesn't seem to have made that adjustment (Arena has).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See the quote.

He waited to see if the LAG gig would come up - that was his dream - to coach the team he played for.

Its not working out & I would have to think about whether he'd be good back up here - unlike others, I think he didn't ride DP's to success. And he has a track record of making domestic prospects better. And he teaches what to do in situations.

BUT...can he adjust to and move with the MLS game circa 2024 compared to 2017? BB doesn't seem to have made that adjustment (Arena has).
    IIRC series of events was something like this:

- Curtis arrives
    - Manning and Curtis leave Vanney’s contract status open heading into his final year (implying he’s coaching for his job)
    - Vanney does exceptionally well with an injury depleted lineup and him leaving suddenly looks more like a black-eye than a bonus
    - Curtis and Manning start renewal discussions with Vanney around half way through the season
    - Vanney realizing his stock is hot and the LA job might open basically delays negotiating (also not being Curtis and Manning’s guy left less incentive to return).
    - LA job opens and Vanney skips town.

So not exactly black and write. But I would bet if Vanney was reporting to Tim B and Tim L, he would have stayed in a good place rather than headed over to LA.

Again, I don’t mind him leaving and think it’s alright we parted ways. I just think it wasn’t as simple as “he wanted out and he left”. Our situation at TFC certainly contributed to his desire to leave.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had forgotten that part of the Vanney episode. Boy that rhymes with what happened with Dubas.

The pattern of MLSE forcing players and management to serve out the last year of a contract before dealing with re-upping, regardless of the signal it sends, is pretty distinctive, and remarkable.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See the quote.

I think you both need to read more critically.

At no point did he say he wanted to leave in that story.

All he confirmed as that he wouldn't sign the offer they made.

The offer sat there for months unsigned, it says. You don't sit there stewing over an offer if you plan to leave.

And in that same story, Manning says they made him the best offer they thought they could and confirms they forced an answer out of him. So they clearly didn't even negotiate with him. They gave him a 'take it or leave it' deal after everything he'd accomplished.

To me, that says this was about money... and maybe also respect. If they'd paid him what he wanted, he would've stayed.

Instead, they pulled an MLSE: they left it to the last moment to try to force him to take the deal they wanted.

That had nothing to do with his "dream job." They didn't respect him enough to give him what he wanted, OR he asked for too much, thinking he ended out with a great job either way. My tendency is to think the former.
    Last edited by jloome; 05-22-2023 at 02:59 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    - Vanney does exceptionally well with an injury depleted lineup and him leaving suddenly looks more like a black-eye than a bonus
    There's zero doubt in my mind that he would be doing better with our current injury-depleted team than Bradley. For one he would be able to handle our DPs much better. For two, he'd actually be doing, like, tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Vanney had the luxury of riding on the back of a hot DP.
    I think we can finally put that narrative to rest. Insigne is much bigger a star than Giovinco ever was. The fact that Insigne is not performing as virtually everybody (including Insigne) thought he would means something, it shows that coaching matters.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    There's zero doubt in my mind that he would be doing better with our current injury-depleted team than Bradley. For one he would be able to handle our DPs much better. For two, he'd actually be doing, like, tactics.

I think we can finally put that narrative to rest. Insigne is much bigger a star than Giovinco ever was. The fact that Insigne is not performing as virtually everybody (including Insigne) thought he would means something, it shows that coaching matters.
    I mean, in fairness Giovinco has a style of play that is very in-tune with MLS. He’s very individualistic, fast (or was fast), and will try to make magic from nothing and seems to relish the idea of trying to put the team on his shoulders. His free kick taking was also incredibly underrated (he was spectacular in this area).

LI and Bernie are better players but they don’t have that same profile. They want to play within the broader team, which is good but may not make them as natural of a fit here.

I’m not trying to absolve Bob or criticize our DP’s here but I think it’s fair to question fit. TFC should have learned this lesson after Defoe. They need to understand how someone’s game will work best coming into MLS where they won’t have teammates playing as at high a level vs Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you both need to read more critically.

At no point did he say he wanted to leave in that story.

All he confirmed as that he wouldn't sign the offer they made.

The offer sat there for months unsigned, it says. You don't sit there stewing over an offer if you plan to leave.

And in that same story, Manning says they made him the best offer they thought they could and confirms they forced an answer out of him. So they clearly didn't even negotiate with him. They gave him a 'take it or leave it' deal after everything he'd accomplished.

To me, that says this was about money... and maybe also respect. If they'd paid him what he wanted, he would've stayed.

Instead, they pulled an MLSE: they left it to the last moment to try to force him to take the deal they wanted.

That had nothing to do with his "dream job." They didn't respect him enough to give him what he wanted, OR he asked for too much, thinking he ended out with a great job either way. My tendency is to think the former.
    It seemed like this at the time. I don’t think Curtis wanted him. And if Manning had really wanted Vanney to stay there would have been more respect offered via contract.

Also, one would have think that Vanney would get that he was not Curtis’ first choice and also that Curtis is a wanker and it might be smart to leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW and in regards to a point Fede mentioned in his post match presser…

https://www.reddit.com/r/tfc/comment...t=share_button
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-23-2023 at 04:34 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call bogus - Antonoglu didn't play the first half.

These stats say otherwise

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/17...-FC-Toronto-FC

NEVER trust reddit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call bogus - Antonoglu didn't play the first half.
    Antonoglou started the match. He played the first half. Kosi subbed him at half

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Augh...I blanked on that.

Stats aren't right but...yeh...ur right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that’s accurate….well, no comment needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call bogus - Antonoglu didn't play the first half. These stats say otherwise

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/17...-FC-Toronto-FC

NEVER trust reddit.
    I see. Sounds like simple advice. I will then never have to trust jloome again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. Sounds like simple advice. I will then never have to trust jloome again!
    Yeah, I'm the only person you can trust on reddit.

Seriously, it's a public posting site. Everything is suspect unless you've double checked it first at source, then by questioning anything dubious (for example, this looks nothing like any other passing pattern for a team in history) to whoever's posting it and expecting an explanation.

If there's no original source that is verifiable and trusted, and no explanation, it's bullshit.

Most of the things in life that look dramatically off the curve are just erroneous or manipulated. This stands true of everything from football passing patterns to meteorological predictions to study findings that are massively out of wack.

EDIT: I should note that after three years off it, and a few months on, I'm back off commenting on Reddit. Too much infuriating behavior.
    Last edited by jloome; 05-23-2023 at 10:20 AM.