Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeh, the guy who basically badgered & bullied Montreal into taking off their RB after he had flattened one of our kids clearly has no heart for this team.....
    Or they might have taken him off because he was on a yellow and that’s normally a thing you do …

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tough game. Red Bull are rebounding after getting rid of Struber. If they disliked him as much as the players at Barnsley, they'll have about a five-game manager bounce.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Or they might have taken him off because he was on a yellow and that’s normally a thing you do …
    After that hit out of the ground, Insigne was relentless in badgering him - and niggling whenever he could.

He's tuned in & pardon me if I don't really trust the opinions of a bunch of prematurely old 90's & 00's players opinions on this.

Gen X men generally know nothing about millenials - I should know - Father's day is next month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankfully for us, the rest of the Eastern Conference is pretty mediocre as well.

A win could have us jump up several spots in the standings.

I'll be there tomorrow night to enjoy the Basement Dwellers Cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! The irony of luck?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish we were getting tonight's weather tomorrow.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gong show of injuries and suspensions. MLS chaos factor going to get cranked up?

My lineups if I am Bob.

Option A:

Option B:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Gong show of injuries and suspensions. MLS chaos factor going to get cranked up?

My lineups if I am Bob.

Option A:

Option B:

Watching Gil on NE this weekend carving teams apart. I appreciate Insigne has been a left sided player for a lot of his career but I feel like in this league if your best guy is central it leaves you more options to get him the ball. Also brings him closer to Bernie too.

Front three of Laryea—Sapong—Berna. LI plays in behind as the AM and two guys behind them are stritctly defensive (or maybe slightly box-to-box).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Watching Gil on NE this weekend carving teams apart. I appreciate Insigne has been a left sided player for a lot of his career but I feel like in this league if your best guy is central it leaves you more options to get him the ball. Also brings him closer to Bernie too.

Front three of Laryea—Sapong—Berna. LI plays in behind as the AM and two guys behind them are stritctly defensive (or maybe slightly box-to-box).

I don't disagree. I'm all for playing Insigne as a CF like Seba was. Also open to having Richie play higher now that we have Guti as he is excellent at making runs and passes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't disagree. I'm all for playing Insigne as a CF like Seba was. Also open to having Richie play higher now that we have Guti as he is excellent at making runs and passes.
    The more I think about it, the more I believe we should abandon the 4-3-3. Which is sort of outrageous when you think about the total roster rebuild we did and how it he players we have still don’t fit it as well as they should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this makes it interesting…

It’s a battle of the 2nd stringers plus the unmotivated / underperforming for the crown of 2nd last place.

We should win? Who would have thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's as close to a dream fixture as you can get considering our situation, at the very least we should see two DPs and a team who are going hell for leather to turn the season around against weak opposition. If we don't see people running through walls tomorrow with a managers job possibly on the line and weak opposition then there's no way the players haven't given up on Bob.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two injury riddled teams for tomorrow night, this match could be a mess, guess it will come down to who figured things out the quickest. Also fully expect a TFC II short term signing or two to fill out the bench.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think whatever we use we need Insigne and Fede close to each other, to take advantage of their shared ability to see stuff more quickly than their teammates.

One of these two, most likely the 442 as they'll be in a 4222 Gegenpress and we can get behind them quickly if we avoid their narrow middle block.

Either way, we get Insigne and Benardeschi next to each other. I suspect the 442 would work better, as NYRB basically cede the wings once you've beaten the high press.

We really should be looking to play high to the wings as often as possible, but particularly the long diagonal switch, as 4222 gpress has trouble defending it.

Last edited by jloome; 05-16-2023 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Well it's as close to a dream fixture as you can get considering our situation, at the very least we should see two DPs and a team who are going hell for leather to turn the season around against weak opposition. If we don't see people running through walls tomorrow with a managers job possibly on the line and weak opposition then there's no way the players haven't given up on Bob.
    We're missing 10 players. They're missing 12, but more of our are regular starters. It'll be ugly either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We're missing 10 players. They're missing 12, but more of our are regular starters. It'll be ugly either way.
    For sure not expecting a win, and the game will be dog shit as a spectacle, but the TFC players should be up for this. Their managers job is possibly on the line, and bad as we are, home to an injury ridden second worst team in the east so far should motivate them to try make a statement and they should have belief that this is a possible win despite the circumstances. I don't expect a win, but we'll know tomorrow whether the players are playing for Bradley or not. The performance of the two DPs will be very telling.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if TFC don't come out fighting tomorrow think it's fair to say the manager has lost the dressing room.

huge game, even with the injuries we have, NYRB seem more depleted and we're at home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    we'll know tomorrow whether the players are playing for Bradley or not. The performance of the two DPs will be very telling.
    The most interesting thing about this match.

By tomorrow night we'll know 100% how Bob is viewed by the players at least and if there's any hope for him at all going forward. Probably be a draw.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

echoing what others have said, but we need to keep insigne and/ or bernardeschi further forward.

way too often they are picking the ball up 60 yards from goal, and already double teamed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    echoing what others have said, but we need to keep insigne and/ or bernardeschi further forward.

way too often they are picking the ball up 60 yards from goal, and already double teamed.
    Problem with them being further forward is that our system makes it nearly impossible for anyone to get them the ball unless they drop back to get it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Problem with them being further forward is that our system makes it nearly impossible for anyone to get them the ball unless they drop back to get it.
    it's true, we're really missing midfielders who can progress the ball right now with oso, bradley, vazquez and coello out.

le sigh. i still think a 4-4-2 with insigne up front with sapong is the way to go though. petretta LM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    it's true, we're really missing midfielders who can progress the ball right now with oso, bradley, vazquez and coello out.

le sigh. i still think a 4-4-2 with insigne up front with sapong is the way to go though. petretta LM.
    I know he played there when younger but his shooting is sort of dogshit and he's too small to bang around an MLS box with no one to feed him from the hole.

Bernardeschi has nearly 50 games' experience working from the left, and his scoring rate is 30% better as a second striker than as a winger.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know he played there when younger but his shooting is sort of dogshit and he's too small to bang around an MLS box with no one to feed him from the hole.

Bernardeschi has nearly 50 games' experience working from the left, and his scoring rate is 30% better as a second striker than as a winger.
    fair, that could work too. just need to get them both in better spots, not 60-70 yards from goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fine with either or just TRY something.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will see if Steve Cangislosi can stay neutral about NYRB

REF: Guido Gonzales Jr
    AR1: Chris Elliott
    AR2: Diego Blas
    4TH: Filip Dujic
    VAR: Sorin Stoica
    AVAR: Joshua Patlak

We've had this guy before

https://proreferees.com/roster/refer...o-gonzales-jr/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Wheels does a home town feed too, right?

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Will see if Steve Cangislosi can stay neutral about NYRB

REF: Guido Gonzales Jr
    AR1: Chris Elliott
    AR2: Diego Blas
    4TH: Filip Dujic
    VAR: Sorin Stoica
    AVAR: Joshua Patlak

We've had this guy before

https://proreferees.com/roster/refer...o-gonzales-jr/

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on Instagram looks like Petretta is back tonight.

Fede also with a nice video of it being Pride night and hopes everyone comes to support. He kind of looked sad in his eyes though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

This could be ugly. My guess is with both teams missing so many players NYRB could still steamroll us.

Their team has an identity - all these call ups should be slotting into a system they already know. We get more unhinged and uncoordinated the less starters we have. They will still be on the same page.

Unless the Italians take over based on skill-gap, this will expose our lack of (effective) tactical identity throughout the organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi10 View Post
    Hope for the best, expect the worst.

This could be ugly. My guess is with both teams missing so many players NYRB could still steamroll us.

Their team has an identity - all these call ups should be slotting into a system they already know. We get more unhinged and uncoordinated the less starters we have. They will still be on the same page.

Unless the Italians take over based on skill-gap, this will expose our lack of (effective) tactical identity throughout the organization.
    If this TFC team has anything, and I mean anything, left to show we should win tonight. The fact we have our DP’s playing and they won’t plus they will be missing ~9 starters in total.

Our quality here should carry the day. I shuttler to think what that means if it doesn’t.

Prime Giovinco wins this game by himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want bb and bm gone.more so bill,but at some point the italians have to win them a game