0 Thread(s)

Things are grim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Needed more vodka?
    Definitely needed atleast a shot of tequila.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’re gonna draw our way to the top!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was kind of a fun game despite all the absences (in the second half at least).

- Laryea did a great job filling in at CB. Mabika quite good too. Wonder if he’s a good communicator? Things seem far less frantic with him back there vs some other pairings we’ve seen.
    - I thought Themi was quite good (other than that one shot). How is he behind Thomson and some others in the depth chart?
    - Strikers continue to be frustrating. Ayo is a write off IMO.

Still need to find a win somewhere though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flipped over to MLS 360 in time to see MacNaughton score his first for Nashville. Glad someone's finally getting a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    ugly game but great team effort to get a point...austin next shouldnt be a bad matchup as they havent been doing well
    Should be noted that it was also with 10+ players missing and having to play laryea at cb...it was truly the best cb duo available so good decision there by bradley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the team worked hard. We had our chances and didn't take any of them.

That first breakaway is pretty much proof positive that depending on Insigne to be a regular scorer is insane. He could've picked anywhere in the net and he basically hammers it four inches to the keeper's right.

Both DPs have plenty of strengths, areas where they're well above the MLS norm. But neither has game-breaking speed or dribbling skills, so without sufficient interplay, things fall apart quickly. When we started to push Richie up late we started to get somewhere.

I dunno. People can be as upset as they want, but with 12 guys out, I thought that was a decent effort at least.

This team SO needs a game-breaking striker though, a Bouanga or Benteke or the like.

Both DPs are not going to be dependable scorers, but they both served up some great balls today. That Bernie cross to LI at the back post was quite excellent, as was Insigne's line-drive cross to Sapong for the header he put wide.

But so far, neither guy is having the impact as a threat they need to have. Again, it makes sense to me to get them closer on the pitch. Fede did really well playing in the hole and as a second striker at Fiorentina, it was his most productive scoring period. Push Richie up wide etc etc. etc

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a game.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we even going to be able to field a squad for the next match?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I thought the team worked hard. We had our chances and didn't take any of them.

That first breakaway is pretty much proof positive that depending on Insigne to be a regular scorer is insane. He could've picked anywhere in the net and he basically hammers it four inches to the keeper's right.

Both DPs have plenty of strengths, areas where they're well above the MLS norm. But neither has game-breaking speed or dribbling skills, so without sufficient interplay, things fall apart quickly. When we started to push Richie up late we started to get somewhere.

I dunno. People can be as upset as they want, but with 12 guys out, I thought that was a decent effort at least.

This team SO needs a game-breaking striker though, a Bouanga or Benteke or the like.

Both DPs are not going to be dependable scorers, but they both served up some great balls today. That Bernie cross to LI at the back post was quite excellent, as was Insigne's line-drive cross to Sapong for the header he put wide.

But so far, neither guy is having the impact as a threat they need to have. Again, it makes sense to me to get them closer on the pitch. Fede did really well playing in the hole and as a second striker at Fiorentina, it was his most productive scoring period. Push Richie up wide etc etc. etc
    Isn’t it ironic that we had Defoe, who had no service and didn’t score as much as we would like. Now we have a couple of guys who provide service and our strikers are so bad they can’t even chip in the odd goal.

Make no mistake though, Bob’s attacking framework is as stale as they come. I think we could all write the top 3 things we’ll see from TFC any given game without much thought. Game plan needs to be adjusted more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird game. On the one side, they showed fight, which was nice. They haven't given up on the project

On the other...that was a home game against the second (only to us) last team in the east, and while we had alot of injuries, we did have our DPs and first choice striker fit while they were missing just about everyone. Can't be too mad but...I can't help but feel you really need to find a way to win that game. We definitely had, on paper, alot more talent on the field than they did

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with almost every comment here. It was a poorly played game, but then, we all knew it would be. It was cold but, fortunately, not windy. The effort was pretty good. Richie and Mabika looked good (Franklin too, btw). Themi had a couple of nice through balls, felt so bad for him that he whiffed on that good chance. The Italians are on islands.

Did I mention it was cold?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Are we even going to be able to field a squad for the next match?
    Rosted back, apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how it looked on tv but from my seats in the stadium, it looked like a game that neither team wanted to win. Lots of errant passes and lack of finishing for both teams. NY missed a few good goal chances and tfc had the insigne header that forced a save.

And I agree… it was cold.. again. Damn schedule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I agree with almost every comment here. It was a poorly played game, but then, we all knew it would be. It was cold but, fortunately, not windy. The effort was pretty good. Richie and Mabika looked good (Franklin too, btw). Themi had a couple of nice through balls, felt so bad for him that he whiffed on that good chance. The Italians are on islands.

Did I mention it was cold?
    Meanwhile, we gave up this dude to get a target striker....

https://www.mlssoccer.com/video/#goa...sc-49th-minute

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Meanwhile, we gave up this dude to get a target striker....

https://www.mlssoccer.com/video/#goa...sc-49th-minute
    Pretty good instincts for a centre back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like Bob is the problem and not the players he's shipped away the past two seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, my gut is telling me Richie is going nowhere. He is the definition of an MLSer 3.0…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight’s interesting surprise? Short Shorts seems to have a more powerful set of turbo jets than Richie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the funny outcomes with richie at the back was he still had his eye on the pass and playmaking despite sitting deep. Seeing him ping long balls direct to berna and bypassing midfield the odd occasion was kind of a nice and refreshing change-up to the regular slow probing build up movements we are used to.

Game was tied but there was something there that felt a bit different then last run of games. The kids in their need to show themselves started to build some confidence and want to take a run at some plays and movements towards the end - how much of that came down to redbulls sitting deep in a low block in the last part of the game who knows but there was still a bit of a youthful adventerous spark from some of the guys that is at least more entertaining to watch then a bunch of mopey guys failing to connect with each other and getting pissed off until the final whistle. I have no more expectations of the current setup until I see some uniformity and wins, so for me it was just to watch and find positives in the shitstorm lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tolkin was the lord of the bernie tonight,had him for lunch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strangely we’re only 3 points out of a playoff position and 5 points from 5th place in the east.

We played with heart and not badly at all with 12 guys missing and four 20 year olds. Clearly the problem at striker needs to be sorted out because neither DP will be effective unless we have a striker who can play at their level.

But otherwise, if we can get considerably healthier, I don’t think our roster is poor at all. We have young guys who can play and plenty of experienced players that can play as well. Without a striker who can play at close to the level of the two wingers I think we’re screwed in the long run. But otherwise, all of this should work, in time… given a few breaks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Strangely we’re only 3 points out of a playoff position and 5 points from 5th place in the east.

We played with heart and not badly at all with 12 guys missing and four 20 year olds. Clearly the problem at striker needs to be sorted out because neither DP will be effective unless we have a striker who can play at their level.

But otherwise, if we can get considerably healthier, I don’t think our roster is poor at all. We have young guys who can play and plenty of experienced players that can play as well. Without a striker who can play at close to the level of the two wingers I think we’re screwed in the long run. But otherwise, all of this should work, in time… given a few breaks.
    That last spot playoff spot is a death march where you play way all games. Its pointless. Take from this game that they couldn't beat the worst East team at home when all MLS teams perform much better at home. This should be rock bottom drawing to to worst team in the conference at home and then becoming the last place team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing at HOME against a team wearing all red was the ultimate humiliation. Who is running this club? Are they trying to make us hate this club? I've been going to games since day one, season ticket holder since 2007 and went to the miracle of Montreal game, etc, but I'm honestly bothered by the lack of respect for our colours and it is pissing me off. Honestly, WTF? We're the REDS!!! Why is that ignored and disrespected? Unbelievable. Never, EVER play in anything but RED at home again. Let's start there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    That last spot playoff spot is a death march where you play way all games. Its pointless. Take from this game that they couldn't beat the worst East team at home when all MLS teams perform much better at home. This should be rock bottom drawing to to worst team in the conference at home and then becoming the last place team
    Rock bottom is 5 points out of 5th place. NYRB have won their last few with their new coach bounce. We had 12 guys out. All in all (and in the context of the last week) we did well and could easily have won.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Tolkin was the lord of the bernie tonight,had him for lunch
    Berna needs to move to CF. He doesn't offer anything on that wing anymore. He can't be anyone 1on1 even rookie MLS defenders.

On the right side the past few games 1 of 3 things happens.

1. He tries to dribble past someone and loses the ball
    2. He gets blocked going forward and passes back
    3. He basically gets boxed out to touch line and loses ball or kicks off denfder for a throw.

He never crosses in the box. He slows the play down so much after he gets the ballm

Move him to CF and put Richie on the right wing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow I missed to watch this match on some crappy free stream because I'm busy working on a website, and mixed up the days, thinking it was Tuesday night instead of Wednesday. lol... Though I have watched on local TV the Man City-Real match yesterday evening and the Milan derby match 1 day before, so I don't know how this could have happened.

Otherwise for course I would have been watching, waking up in the middle of the night for this here in Europe, even if I was sure it will be a crap match as spectacle.
    But I thought TFC will win, just because the ShiteBulls are the same kind of cringe team, and were missing even more important players than TFC.

Now of course I feel happy I have not stayed up for this, going to sleep sometime just after 4:30 AM local, for a shit-show like this (which became the norm lately).

I've just finished reading your comments about the match.
    It is just telling on how much we are at the rock bottom, because the overall feeling I got is that folks are feeling happy and satisfied because in this match all the team looks to "put in a good effort", and so things "looked a lot better like in the last 4-5 matches".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Pretty good instincts for a centre back.
    Richie channeling his inner Paolo Maldini!

If someone had suggested to me at the beginning of the season that a TFC CB pairing of MAK and Ritchie could be a consideration, I would have said…