Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    They know who he is, he was the capo… Anyone should remember the witch hunt for Ken Pagan who threw the beer can on the field at the Jays game 2016… turned into a witch hunt. He left the stadium after throwing and the search was on. A lot of effort was put in to determine did he actually throw it and video proved he did and he was charged, lost his job as a member of the media and eventually plead guilty…
    I forgot, now remember. Perspective… Imagine, all that effort and banned only for one year; not years or life!
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-11-2023 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    We have two wins in twelve competitive matches this season.

In any other league with the highest payroll that's an instant sack. It wouldn't even get past 8 games.

At this point I will take Frank Lampard until rest of the season.
    Going back to last season it is 3 wins in 20 matches

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE has total management over BMO Field. They don't need city approval to ban anyone and the bans are legally binding.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it interesting that most of the news articles on the incident makes it sound like Montreal supporters were attacked by TFC fans. Now I don't know what happened exactly and maybe that was the case for all I know and I know there are assholes on both sides of this but Montreal is really try to play the victim card here it sounds like. Were any TFC fans leaving in handcuffs because Montreal fans were. From my viewpoint in the south end there appeared to be one Montreal fan in particular that it looked like it took about 3 police to subdue him to get him out of the stadium although I didn't read that in any of the news blurbs. Anyone heading to Saputo this weekend, despite the warnings not to come, should really be careful and not wear TFC colours especially if travelling with family. Could get really bad. For me it would not be worth the risk at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I’ve been researching this sports ban stuff
    It’s usually a guy running on the field.
    In this case they know who it is
    This megaphone incident is different he probably left the stadium not detained
    A lot more difficult situation for mlse to enforce in my opinion.
    If I was that guy I wouldn’t answer my phone for any number I didn’t know. I wouldn’t go to tfc games for a few games. Then when I deciddd to go back I would buy a ticket in another section far away from the south end. Maybe wear a Covid mask. But heck that’s not even necessary they would never notice you or recognize you.
    What they’ll do is issue a fake statement saying they found the guy and he has been banned.
    Good enough to scare anyone from doing this action in the future

https://wakingthered.com/2023/05/12/...-at-bmo-field/

Four banned for life, club still looking to see if any more were involved. Keep in mind this is a supporter's group, and those members would know immediately if this wasn't true, so the idea of a "fake statement" is ridiculous.