Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Voyaguers QF - Club Foot @ TFC Tuesday May 9 7pm - Am I ...

Coming Through?

Have At It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please no Gareth Wheeler, please no Gareth Wheeler...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be very curious if this is the first we see of Thomas Romero in net? Typically the backup has gotten the Cup matches in the past but do they really want to chance it in a single game elimination with an eye towards Champions League. It could be a bright spot in what has been a disappointing season so far. I am sure we will see some squad rotation considering the match is Tuesday and will be the first of two vs. Montreal this week.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I will be very curious if this is the first we see of Thomas Romero in net? Typically the backup has gotten the Cup matches in the past but do they really want to chance it in a single game elimination with an eye towards Champions League. It could be a bright spot in what has been a disappointing season so far. I am sure we will see some squad rotation considering the match is Tuesday and will be the first of two vs. Montreal this week.
    I want a full 1st string squad for this one. Higher priority than the MLS fixture for me. We cannot lose this to Montreal in our stadium. No way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I want a full 1st string squad for this one. Higher priority than the MLS fixture for me. We cannot lose this to Montreal in our stadium. No way.
    I mean, if Bob is still here on Tuesday, I don’t know how he’d survive dropping this one. The team that gutted its roster 3 months ago and kept all its money in its pocket is going to come into your barn and beat your high priced talent more than a year into your project?

Suspect TFC will throw everything it has at this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how anyone in the TFC org could have the confidence to start the B squad lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I mean, if Bob is still here on Tuesday, I don’t know how he’d survive dropping this one. The team that gutted its roster 3 months ago and kept all its money in its pocket is going to come into your barn and beat your high priced talent more than a year into your project?

Suspect TFC will throw everything it has at this.
    I think Manning will do everything he can to keep Bob in place for as long as possible.

If this goes pear shape Manning wont be here for very long, he spent tons of money on Insigne and Berna, and got Bob in to control everything.

The record post Bez/Vanney isn't good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think if BB leaves, all 3 of BB, MB and Manning have to leave.

Which means they would need a replacement to take fully charge in place (and for all you guys dreaming of Tata, that ain’t him - Tata is a guy you rent for a year to get a decent team over the top)

All of which means, I think, that all of BB, Manning and MB have until the end of 2024, realistically. We would need renewals for next year to drop off, and then poor play in the first half of 2024… before Tanenbaum even reached for the phone, to ask Mark Abbott what to do….
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I do think if BB leaves, all 3 of BB, MB and Manning have to leave.

Which means they would need a replacement to take fully charge in place (and for all you guys dreaming of Tata, that ain’t him - Tata is a guy you rent for a year to get a decent team over the top)

All of which means, I think, that all of BB, Manning and MB have until the end of 2024, realistically. We would need renewals for next year to drop off, and then poor play in the first half of 2024… before Tanenbaum even reached for the phone, to ask Mark Abbott what to do….
    I defer to people who know him and MLSE better, but if Manning's survival instinct were finely honed, he'd bring in Tata before his own job even became an issue. IT probably isn't, yet, on the corporate history I see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think if BB leaves, all 3 of BB, MB and Manning have to leave… before Tanenbaum even reached for the phone, to ask Mark Abbott what to do….
    MLS OG… required to stay… AMLSSP/Messi… A Puppet-Master…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I defer to people who know him and MLSE better, but if Manning's survival instinct were finely honed, he'd bring in Tata before his own job even became an issue. IT probably isn't, yet, on the corporate history I see.
    Historically Manning’s survival instinct has been to leave town before shit hits the fan. But, not sure he’s getting another MLS gig after this one so he might just ride it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think if BB leaves, all 3 of BB, MB and Manning have to...
    I defer to people who know him and MLSE better, but if Manning's survival instinct were finely honed, he'd bring in Tata before his own job even became an issue...
    I think a ‘Tata’ move would be the logical move; time honoured tradition. However, the monkey in that wrench, the anchor or the albatross of that equation, is MB. As ensco may be implying, not sure a ‘lateral’ push to only Sporting Director, with a ‘Tata’ sort as mister, and MB than in an expected reduced role, would be internally manageable or beneficial? Though not even sure that if ‘any clean break’ would itself not reverberate into some squad chaos; who else may have to go? I do not believe the club is at the point/standard of when BB left LAFC. And, IIRC, only about half to a third of that group was retained before they won the championship. I suspect the rebuttal question would be… did MB in-still their club/play identity? Or was it really, mostly Cherundolo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I think a ‘Tata’ move would be the logical move; time honoured tradition. However, the monkey in that wrench, the anchor or the albatross of that equation, is MB. As ensco may be implying, not sure a ‘lateral’ push to only Sporting Director, with a ‘Tata’ sort as mister, and MB than in an expected reduced role, would be internally manageable or beneficial? Though not even sure that if ‘any clean break’ would itself not reverberate into some squad chaos; who else may have to go? I do not believe the club is at the point/standard of when BB left LAFC. And, IIRC, only about half to a third of that group was retained before they won the championship. I suspect the rebuttal question would be… did MB in-still their club/play identity? Or was it really, mostly Cherundolo?
    You're mixing up MB and BB so I'm not sure what the point is.

Why would either of them have any role if we fired Bob and hired Tata? Michael is a player. His deal expires this year. Bob is the sporting director, sure, but they can hire another one.

As for LAFC, Bob instilled their identity, it's clear from their playing style. But they are performing BETTER in that tactical set under Cherundolo.

I doubt they'd lack for resumes, given MLSE's wealth and apathy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if we lose this, he's in trouble. You all can consider MLSE as stubborn as you want, but it'll be a major embarrassment given Montreal's teardown and comparative roster value.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Zero chance we play any marginal players, unless injury forces it. I'm sure MB has informed BB of how important this is to this Canadian club.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Zero chance we play any marginal players, unless injury forces it. I'm sure MB has informed BB of how important this is to this Canadian club.
    Over the history of time the backup goalkeeper has always played the VCup matches for the most part, plus with only two games between matches some squad rotation could be in the cards. Not saying it will happen but something to think about. Plus hopefully Matt Hedges is ok after getting pulled during the pre-game warm ups Saturday night after consultation with the medical stuff.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over the history of time the backup goalkeeper has always played the VCup matches for the most part, plus with only two games between matches some squad rotation could be in the cards. Not saying it will happen but something to think about. Plus hopefully Matt Hedges is ok after getting pulled during the pre-game warm ups Saturday night after consultation with the medical stuff.
    I like your opening, “over the history of time”. It’s nice to find that we have deep time.

It’ll be interesting to see if Romero starts. Johnson has been very good. I think he goes again. We need this one. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see Romero start a league match soon. Bob seemed to have some faith in him in LA.

And Man, yeah, we need Hedges. But it could very well be a Rosted Maibike pairing. He looked pretty good in his cameo the other night. Obvious lots of very intriguing tools to work with.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 05-07-2023 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if we lose this, he's in trouble. You all can consider MLSE as stubborn as you want, but it'll be a major embarrassment given Montreal's teardown and comparative roster value.
    Agree. Moreover, I would suggest if TFC lose, the situation morphs officially into this territory…

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-08-2023 at 02:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're mixing up MB and BB so I'm not sure what the point is. Why would either of them have any role if we fired Bob and hired Tata? Michael is a player. His deal expires this year. Bob is the sporting director, sure, but they can hire another one. As for LAFC, Bob instilled their identity, it's clear from their playing style. But they are performing BETTER in that tactical set under Cherundolo. I doubt they'd lack for resumes, given MLSE's wealth and apathy.
    A try at clarifying my point...

I think a ‘Tata’ move would be the logical move; time honoured tradition. However, the monkey in that wrench, the anchor or the albatross of that equation, is MB. As ensco may be implying, not sure a ‘lateral’ push (of BB) to only Sporting Director, with a ‘Tata’ sort as mister, and MB than in an expected reduced role (as a player), would be internally manageable or beneficial? Though not even sure that if ‘any clean break’ (firing of BB and/or MB) would (in of itself) not reverberate into some squad chaos; who else may have to go (inevitably when such a manager gets involved)? I do not believe the club is (even) at the (similar) point (or) standard of (play of) when BB left LAFC. And, IIRC, only about half to a third of that group was retained before they won the championship. I suspect the rebuttal question would be… did MB in-still their club/play identity? Or was it really, mostly Cherundolo?
    I will have to disagree, if you are suggesting firing BB and keeping MB will not affect the short-term dynamics of the locker-room. For now, MB's DNA is still firmly woven into TFC's identity. Though, I am tending to be less and less against such a move, I am stating that any change of the managerial status quo, especially to any 'Tata' sort, means likely even more added windows for squad development. Simply, there would be an effect once that thread is pulled; some fall-out to such an action/transition.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-08-2023 at 03:32 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree. Moreover, I would suggest if TFC lose, the situation morphs officially into this territory…

The calls for BB to be sacked will be high on this board if TFC loses to Montreal... muted among ordinary SSH, and non-existent in MLSE's board room.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The calls for BB to be sacked will be high on this board if TFC loses to Montreal... muted among ordinary SSH, and non-existent in MLSE's board room.
    Curious why you think the sentiment around SSH is more pro Bob Bradley? That doesn't seem to be the case where I am, or on any other form of social media

Agree on mlse boardz though

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Curious why you think the sentiment around SSH is more pro Bob Bradley? That doesn't seem to be the case where I am, or on any other form of social media

Agree on mlse boardz though
    Less pro & more not really noticing...

Most SSH are not thinking about the manager -I heard one guy on Saturday say "Seba would have made that" for the Insigne free kicks - that's more the thinking that goes on.

Social media is not representative of opinions, by and large of any group.

Most people are happy to go to a game & resigned to the team being imperfect. The stuff we discuss, they don't.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-08-2023 at 07:34 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sooooooo......weather should be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Less pro & more not really noticing...

Most SSH are not thinking about the manager -I heard one guy on Saturday say "Seba would have made that" for the Insigne free kicks - that's more the thinking that goes on.

Social media is not representative of opinions, by and large of any group.

Most people are happy to go to a game & resigned to the team being imperfect. The stuff we discuss, they don't.
    Maybe. I'm just very wary of projecting entire opinions onto people where you've no way to poll what they think. I also think our support is so small that the social media presence represents a much higher % of season ticket holders than most sports teams

Not saying I believe SSH believe one thing or another, just that I don't know if it's possible to know they believe differently to the online commentators

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big thing to remember right now is MLSE still does not have a President and CEO. I am pretty sure regardless of what happens tomorrow night, Bob Bradley's plight is pretty far from the minds of either Bell or Rogers chief executive.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Sooooooo......weather should be good.
    Love that, Saturday was not nice to experience , shorts and shirt, great weather. Going to be a pretty good week of weather overall in the city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big thing to remember right now is MLSE still does not have a President and CEO. I am pretty sure regardless of what happens tomorrow night, Bob Bradley's plight is pretty far from the minds of either Bell or Rogers chief executive.
    Very true; and strange. Over a year now? Getting to a point, corporately, that they should just have announced the interim, her, as such. However, that did not stop MLSE/Raptors from dealing with Nurse. I suspect even if the TML do not get blown out, there will be some sort of repercussions, realignment or bloodletting there as well. Hell, even the Argos just made that highly questionable/debatable managerial rehire. I do not think a re-evaluation circle back to TFC would be so taxing; given MLSE’s overall situations. Seems, their, the MLSE Board’s, agenda may already be humming and set; in motion by the prevailing circumstances and mood to deal with all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am expecting or hoping for commitment and engagement by the TFC players. I want to see some passion on the pitch against CFMTL. Not unlike the other day’s Superclasico between River Plate and Boca Juniors.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very true; and strange. Over a year now? Getting to a point, corporately, that they should just have announced the interim, her, as such. However, that did not stop MLSE/Raptors from dealing with Nurse. I suspect even if the TML do not get blown out, there will be some sort of repercussions, realignment or bloodletting there as well. Hell, even the Argos just made that highly questionable/debatable managerial rehire. I do not think a re-evaluation circle back to TFC would be so taxing; given MLSE’s overall situations. Seems, their, the MLSE Board’s, agenda may already be humming and set; in motion by the prevailing circumstances and mood to deal with all.
    The coaches plight if its TFC, Raptors, Leafs etc are in the hands of the team's president.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The coaches plight if it’s TFC, Raptors, Leafs etc are in the hands of the team's president.
    Typically, yes; operationally, sure. However, corporately, pragmatically, everything may be under the purview, even influence of (individual members of) a Board. I am sure their Food & Beverage Department has a (Vice-) President that acts with independence. And yet, I would like to see that individual try and change MLSE’s Coca-Cola offerings/contract to Pepsi.