Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crappy scenes from the stands on Twitter. I don’t know who in the BMO security department thought sleeping on the away section was a good idea but here we are…

And.. aye yie yie, don’t throw your megaphone at our own players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Crappy scenes from the stands on Twitter. I don’t know who in the BMO security department thought sleeping on the away section was a good idea but here we are…

Link?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Yeah. This is absolutely uncalled for. I couldn't give a fuck if MAK scored 6 own goals and had a 5% pass percentage. You are not entitled to act like this prick in the stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that guys gonna be banned lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning and Bob have to go. Horrendous leadership.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember yesterday when I said if we lost both matches to Montreal our next home match would be toxic? I misjudged the timeline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanna see for one game a sense of pattern that I can recognize. Whether its consistant wide crosses into the middle of the box for sapong to head it. Or richie/berna, insigne/FB playing one-twos into the byline so that the midfielder or striker can run near post for a tap in while another runner goes mid net/far post and just overloading the box with dummies. Or even justa bunch of channel running in the center of the park where folks try to send sapong in while he beats the backline. Some sense of familiarity and to see a whole game of this lol.

Bobby seems to need to relearn the meaning 'can't see the forest for the trees' and get back to some basics- it doesn't mean he's selling out of his philsophies by not play horizontal all game and just having the lads string basic progressive passes forward and either make some channel runs or consistant wide service while they figure out al the gel and chemistry lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have two wins in twelve competitive matches this season.

In any other league with the highest payroll that's an instant sack. It wouldn't even get past 8 games.

At this point I will take Frank Lampard until rest of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great performance tonight boys, certainly showed you were hungry for the championship, am super impressed, and inspired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t know what to say. Disappointing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That second MTL goal has to rank up there as one of the most infuriating TFC moments I have ever seen. How the hell did they all just quit on that play?

The only positive for me was the potential Mabika shows but he was limping by the end of the game so backline in MTL should be interesting

It feels like we are miles away from ever being good again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Yeah. This is absolutely uncalled for. I couldn't give a fuck if MAK scored 6 own goals and had a 5% pass percentage. You are not entitled to act like this prick in the stands.

Waitaminit, wasn't one of those guys standing by the megaphone man also one of the guys who was fighting with the Impact supporters in the upper stands? Where is the security? MLSE is starting to look like a joke operation all the way from the Exec through to Ops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would so hate gegenpress, and think this roster is not built for it.

And Jesse Marsch was borderline disastrous at Leeds, albeit partly because the team is badly built.

But his players would run through a wall for him. I'm not sure they'd open a door for Bob. And if they did, they'd be so shit scared they'd stand there holding it for the next six people, too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I would so hate gegenpress, and think this roster is not built for it.

And Jesse Marsch was borderline disastrous at Leeds, albeit partly because the team is badly built.

But his players would run through a wall for him. I'm not sure they'd open a door for Bob. And if they did, they'd be so shit scared they'd stand there holding it for the next six people, too.
    I know the answer is probably yes but I can't remember, did he run that when he was managing Montreal?

Also LOL at the door joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThreeTwo View Post
    I just wanna see for one game a sense of pattern that I can recognize. Whether its consistant wide crosses into the middle of the box for sapong to head it. Or richie/berna, insigne/FB playing one-twos into the byline so that the midfielder or striker can run near post for a tap in while another runner goes mid net/far post and just overloading the box with dummies. Or even justa bunch of channel running in the center of the park where folks try to send sapong in while he beats the backline. Some sense of familiarity and to see a whole game of this lol.

Bobby seems to need to relearn the meaning 'can't see the forest for the trees' and get back to some basics- it doesn't mean he's selling out of his philsophies by not play horizontal all game and just having the lads string basic progressive passes forward and either make some channel runs or consistant wide service while they figure out al the gel and chemistry lol.
    You post sane views.

But he's an MLS 1.0 coach. He has his 'system' and everything flows therefrom.

It's ridiculous. WE don't even have basic emergency outlets to break a trap. We end up passing the ball around the back under pressure!

WATCH Sean Johnson on goal kicks. He gave up on even trying short plays out today or looking for anyone but Sapong, and it's clear from his expression people aren't where they're supposed to be.

They're just not getting it, which means either the people coaching aren't conveying it well and motivating, or it's too complex for them. I suspect it's actually option three, a bit of both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I know the answer is probably yes but I can't remember, did he run that when he was managing Montreal?
    No, he adopted it at New York and became a Rangnick/Red Bull disciple. But he also lost a lot of games at Montreal. Doubtless working with Saputo is not easy.
    Last edited by jloome; 05-09-2023 at 09:49 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching the lowlights on YouTube: Before the first Montreal goal, the ref (who was not the worlds fittest) ran faster than the majority of the TFC team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Waitaminit, wasn't one of those guys standing by the megaphone man also one of the guys who was fighting with the Impact supporters in the upper stands? Where is the security? MLSE is starting to look like a joke operation all the way from the Exec through to Ops.
    at least somebody had the guts to say to MAK what everyone is thinking
    on instagram the posts are 75% baldy out, 25% hating on MAK

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I guess 114 is going to have their capo stand pulled again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    at least somebody had the guts to say to MAK what everyone is thinking
    on instagram the posts are 75% baldy out, 25% hating on MAK
    Here’s a good analogy for everyone
    TFC fans love for MAK is comparable to Canadians love for Galen Weston

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there really no chance this gets Bob canned? The commentators mentioned something about this being TFC’s first loss at home to MTL in the Canadian Championship ever….. with what has to be 5x their payroll that’s very damning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Kentucky Derby, Canada’s Wonderland, BMO Field… WTF? Love Is NOT In The Air!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though an outlier manager replacement option for me; Smyrniotis could have been interesting, too bad no longer available. Let's Go Forge FC!

https://onesoccer.ca/a/bobby-smyrnio...rting-director
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-10-2023 at 01:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Wow are those boos? Rare BMO sight I feel
    They were. And they weren't hyperbolic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very poor and frustrating officiating! On the free kick before CFMTL's break-out and goal, I believe Brault-Guillard is way way off the line and actually moves before the strike and blocks it; should have been whistled back and re-took. IIUC, BB references this in his post match presser. Regardless, TFC were defensively positioned wrong during that play. Also, the play that involved CJ in CFMTL's box in the second half should have been a penalty kick IMHO. Even though CJ did have his hand/arm at the defender's waist-side to fight him off, the Defender also/already had both hands on him; one on that arm and one on his other shoulder, causing him to be off-balanced and go down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Who loves short shorts? Kosi loves short shorts
    He do! Nice legs . I also think he may not be wearing any shin guards! With those low socks. Yikes!
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-10-2023 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Very poor and frustrating officiating! On the free kick before CFMTL's break-out and goal, I believe Brault-Guillard is way way off the line and actually moves before the strike and blocks it; should have been whistled back and re-took. IIUC, BB references this in his post match presser. Regardless, TFC were defensively positioned wrong during that play. Also, the play that involved CJ in CFMTL's box in the second half should have been a penalty kick IMHO. Even though CJ did have his hand/arm at the defender's waist-side to fight him off, the Defender also/already had both hands on him; one on that arm and one on his other shoulder, causing him to be off-balanced and go down.
    That was the worst officiating I’ve seen in a while. We should have had at least a penalty and it was generally a mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Maybe... if you are possibly suggesting the stocky individual? I am not sure he was fighting, but could have been there; provoking? Not sure why any TFC "supporters" would have been in/near that visitor section in the first place. Although, TBF, CFMTL ultras were kicked out. Details about that sitch are lacking. Also, from videos on twitter and not necessarily these still shots, similar in stature, think shoe's/sneak's are the same, unique sweat/pant design, possibly wrapped around waist in the fight video. Would have had to change shirt and cap perhaps; also gotten rid of man-satchel and added a scarf? IDK?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    That was the worst officiating I’ve seen in a while. We should have had at least a penalty and it was generally a mess.
    Thanks, I wasn't sure anyone would agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened... happened. For all of it, in short, the blame should lie upon a handful of our supporters and a handful of theirs. However, if the highlighted is accurate, is the responsibility for some of what occurred then shared by the TFC/MLSE organization? Some CFMTL camp chatter seems to suggest so...

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-10-2023 at 03:45 AM.