Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it’s interesting LI is sort of the forgotten man here but he seemed very critical of Bradley very early and on to the fact this wasn’t going to go well.

If we’re ever going to turn this club around without a thousands sticks of dynamite and several more years of pain, getting him to play well under a new manager is key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit. Just read the athletic article. Literally all we've speculated was basically true. Kaye being called "Bob's other son". I remember speculating in the offseason about "Bob's Guys" and between this, Diomande's inflated salary, and all the good players who were shipped out, seems to basically confirm it - if you back me, I'll play and pay you no matter what, if not goodbye. I remember seeing Criscito getting into a discussion with BB where Criscito was visibly annoyed on the sideline last season and then he promptly "retired and unreturned". I remembered that moment and felt it was DC professionally getting out, but just addsand confirms the disfunction we've seen.
    Last edited by rydermike; 05-26-2023 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy fucking shit. Bombshell.

Only reasonable solution is to bring in a manager with the clout to tell everyone to sit down and shut up. There is no way they can move forward with this.

Front office stuff can wait until end of season because it’s so fucked nothing can be done short term.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now Manning will fire Bob and name Kreis manager so we can learn that even this isn't rock bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it not also feel that this is evolving into a peak Streisand effect for TFC brass and PR?

At first it was club and fairly dedicated fan levels. Reddit and casual fan groups were getting mad of results - but it was relatively in house with our problems. BB and TFC PR/brass trying to put their heavy hand down to supress varying opinions and player outcry has only put a spotlight on the club for other fans and MLS pundits, and has clearly hit a nerve with people holding information like that athletic piece who now feel it right to double down on what's actually happening... lol generating more ears and traffic and more investigational journalism because the league loves a little drama FC. People didn't really care before, but the more they fan the flames lol the worse its getting lol.

Yeah this could end up being a clusterfuck couple weeks hahaha.
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 05-26-2023 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning needs to stick to baseball and footballl.....calling Bob a "first ballot Hall of Famer" coach as that is some kind of justification for him being here and leading incompetely and burning to the ground...

I have never heard of Ancellotti, Guardiola, Zidane, Ferguson, etc...being refered to as Hall of Famers...ffs...this American crap has to stop...get a Euro or South American coach and fix this now.

Tata...or like I mentioned before Javier who under his time here, we played some of our best football...even had the cojones to sit MB.....

Only MLSE can come in now and get ridding of manning/bradley both...they are going to double down and keep this going like this...as manning doesn't get anymore do overs...this was his latest disasterous mistake and he must be accountable...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Holy shit. Just read the athletic article. Literally all we've speculated was basically true. Kaye being called "Bob's other son". I remember speculating in the offseason about "Bob's Guys" and between this, Diomande's inflated salary, and all the good players who were shipped out, seems to basically confirm it - if you back me, I'll play and pay you no matter what, if not goodbye.

The comment about MB not being a teammate but assistant coach says it all.....no one can trust him...and as speculated here...Auro and Lawrence were shipped out as "problem" guys not because BB saw it..he had no clue..it was MB telling him so.....i.e his assistant....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    ..or like I mentioned before Javier who under his time here, we played some of our best football...even had the cojones to sit MB.....
    The Italians would never, ever repect sleepy Javier during his power point presentation on tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we’re comfortable saying the people on the board calling out the shitshow for the last three years weren’t all out of their mind.

This is insane. Epic levels of mismanagement. It’s worse than the most negative takes on this board speculated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The Italians would never, ever repect sleepy Javier during his power point presentation on tactics.
    I share the concern about his general lack of energy. But they'd respect him more than Bob; he ran the Real Madrid Academy and actually understands the tactical necessity of a blueprint.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    This is insane. Epic levels of mismanagement. It’s worse than the most negative takes on this board speculated.
    As they say about better stories; Hollywood couldn't even write something this fantastical.

It's really amazing.

So what's worse Marriner getting Winter sacked, dumping good players to field a team of trash that played his trash way or what we're up to now? Tough call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think they would..is Spanish...worked at Real Madrid...instant respect...or at least way more than they think of Bradley...

But litterally anyone at this point coming in would give us a positive bounce...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder how much of this would have come out if we had gotten a few less injuries or won a few more games.

better to get it all out in the open, i guess.

i wonder if they have been in contact with perez to come back and take the job on an interim basis again. he seems to be actively campaigning for it on twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we’re comfortable saying the people on the board calling out the shitshow for the last three years weren’t all out of their mind.

lol...I was excoriated here for saying MB was done and should not be captain...and BB should go...

I take no pleasure in being right...I want this s.hit show to stop and be fixed....and us to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say many have been defending them or disagreeing about the problems. When there have been arguments over them, it's been more about the tone of the argument and whether they're made in good faith or malicious, or over the top.

Last month, nobody here would say Bob was a good manager. But equally, not many of us would say he's the spawn of Satan.

It is possible to think the dude is a big mistake, and even dislike him, without it extending to malice.

As Leeds noted a few pages ago, they've mismanaged every major decision since 2018, basically. In a sensible world, Greg Vanney is currently manager and sporting director, and we're winning a lot of games.

But Manning deferred to Curtis, and Curtis is an idiot. I mean, there's no nice way to put it, and that's probably difficult for people who know him, his erudite self-comportment and his myriad ideas and plans to understand; but intellect is a weird beast.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol...I was excoriated here for saying MB was done and should not be captain...and BB should go...

I take no pleasure in being right...I want this s.hit show to stop and be fixed....and us to win.
    put any coach in here and they'll fail (barring extreme luck) considering manning is apparently doing all the scouting and recruiting himself lol.

the only hope as jloome noted is getting an elite coach like tata. but that will cost $$, let's see if they have any. (and then manning can go in the offseason, everything he's touched has turned to shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    i wonder how much of this would have come out if we had gotten a few less injuries or won a few more games.

better to get it all out in the open, i guess.

i wonder if they have been in contact with perez to come back and take the job on an interim basis again. he seems to be actively campaigning for it on twitter.
    Remember the Kilbane and de guzman video on MB...that was the start....and here we go....its snowballed into a disaster.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also.. i'm not much in sync with how press relationship works with the teams and whatnot so maybe someone else can add context to help me understand.

Would the athletic have reached out before this piece to TFC to let them know its coming, and maybe that's why were seeing some real shit shows atm coming to light between players, bob and the PR machine? As in they learned about the piece and now there's a blowup inside the club over who's the sources dropping all this stuff about the club to those 3 mls reporters? Feels weird the timing of that article and the past week. But since all our other beat reporters have liked to tow the line to keep their press passes... this athletic piece is very much against the grain of how MLSE like control information lol.
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 05-26-2023 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often don't agree with your methods in addressing stuff, you know that. But on their influence being toxic, you were right, no doubt. There is no healthy outcome to this where they're at TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember the Kilbane and de guzman video on MB...that was the start....and here we go....its snowballed into a disaster.....
    yep. instinct says they need to blow it all up in the offseason, but not sure if that's even possible with the contract they doled out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    put any coach in here and they'll fail (barring extreme luck) considering manning is apparently doing all the scouting and recruiting himself lol.

the only hope as jloome noted is getting an elite coach like tata. but that will cost $$, let's see if they have any. (and then manning can go in the offseason, everything he's touched has turned to shit.
    I think Manning has to go as wel...but if we bring anyone now to get rid of the Bradley bad vibes...add a striker and midfield in summer window...we have enough here to at least get into playoffs...and who knows...we win a round or two...by the Italians being happy and going for it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Manning has to go as wel...but if we bring anyone now to get rid of the Bradley bad vibes...add a striker and midfield in summer window...we have enough here to at least get into playoffs...and who knows...we win a round or two...by the Italians being happy and going for it.
    i just pray they go big on a coach.

tata is right there and has been so so successful in MLS, and will have the respect of the italians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThreeTwo View Post
    Also.. i'm not much in sync with how press relationship works with the teams and whatnot so maybe someone else can add context to help me understand

Would the athletic have reached out before this piece to TFC to let them know its coming, and maybe that's why were seeing some real shit shows atm coming to light? As in they learned about the piece and now there's a blowup inside the club over who's the sources dropping all this stuff about the club to the open air? Feels weird the timing of that article and the past week.
    Given that people at the highest levels have been talking to me for two months, and I'm basically retired from the media, I have to believe the place is just an information sieve now to anyone putting in the effort. I don't think the writer would have had much trouble putting that together.

I will also note that the stuff about Manning and scouting is allegedly, I'm told, the polar opposite of what happened, and suspect the source is the staffer who "moved on", as they clearly don't like each other right now. My source told me Manning devolved it to others for a long time, right up until Insigne and Bernardeschi, where he stepped in.

Having said that, Jack Dodd, the guy it was allegedly 'devolved' to, was involved in Bez's biggest buys as well, and some of our best players from within the league. So clearly, there's some serious sniping in the actual front offices as well.

Too much silo'ing, too much getting along to get along without questions being asked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also.. i'm not much in sync with how press relationship works with the teams and whatnot so maybe someone else can add context to help me understand.

Would the athletic have reached out before this piece to TFC to let them know its coming, and maybe that's why were seeing some real shit shows atm coming to light between players, bob and the PR machine? As in they learned about the piece and now there's a blowup inside the club over who's the sources dropping all this stuff about the club to those 3 mls reporters? Feels weird the timing of that article and the past week. But since all our other beat reporters have liked to tow the line to keep their press passes... this athletic piece is very much against the grain of how MLSE like control information lol.
    Manning and Mike Bradley are quoted in the article and it was said the Italians refused to comment, so yea they did reach out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I often don't agree with your methods in addressing stuff, you know that. But on their influence being toxic, you were right, no doubt. There is no healthy outcome to this where they're at TFC.
    I call it like I see it and am blunt...really, we want the same thing, we all do, to win...if we win, I am just a blunt and happy....the joys of being a fan...

But part of my frustration is like I mentioned.. I have seasons (and its not the $ down the drain that bothers me)...I love the game no doubt..but going with my son to watch....nothing better...and he has lost complete interest in this team because of what has happened and how crappy it is watching us now and doesn't even want to go (can't blame him)....the product on the field is Manning/Bradley and they have to go...simple as that...stop this bleeding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would the athletic have reached out before this piece to TFC to let them know its coming, and maybe that's why were seeing some real shit shows atm coming to light between players, bob and the PR machine? As in they learned about the piece and now there's a blowup inside the club over who's the sources dropping all this stuff about the club to those 3 mls reporters? Feels weird the timing of that article and the past week. But since all our other beat reporters have liked to toe the line to keep their press passes... this athletic piece is very much against the grain of how MLSE like control information lol.
    In the article a number of quotes for Manning were from this week. They also requested to interview LI and Berna but we’re turned down. Seems like they’ve been working on it for a bit and this was the culmination of things. Berna’s camp is surely leaking things, so this is probably part of his plan with LI to push out BB.

It’s wild that when Berna and LI were introduced they each talked about how BB sold then on this project. Now look where we are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    But Manning deferred to Curtis, and Curtis is an idiot. I mean, there's no nice way to put it, and that's probably difficult for people who know him, his erudite self-comportment and his myriad ideas and plans to understand; but intellect is a weird beast.
    It’s funny, I learned early in my career being the most effective manager was less about being a walking encyclopedia and more about effectively communicating information, knowing how to motivate people and navigate situations. You can have the tiniest layer of knowledge but if you can get people to apply it, that’s where the magic lives.

I am sure people like Curtis (or even Armas) are “smart” but the info lives in their own heads and it isn’t going anywhere either because they can’t communicate for shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call it like I see it and am blunt...really, we want the same thing, we all do, to win...if we win, I am just a blunt and happy....the joys of being a fan...

But part of my frustration is like I mentioned.. I have seasons (and its not the $ down the drain that bothers me)...I love the game no doubt..but going with my son to watch....nothing better...and he has lost complete interest in this team because of what has happened and how crappy it is watching us now and doesn't even want to go (can't blame him)....the product on the field is Manning/Bradley and they have to go...simple as that...stop this bleeding.
    Given that he's with Tanenbaum today on CFL stuff, I can very much see them having a talk about him only running Argonauts operations.

But it's early enough in the season, I think he can save himself if he hires the right guy. But it's got to be someone of significant presence and a dead cert to make it work. IF we're willing to pay three journeymen strikers a collective $2M, we should be willing to pay a world-class manager that amount.

I'm not saying he deserves the break; things have gone to total shit. But there is still a path, I suspect.
    Last edited by jloome; 05-26-2023 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me... the most interesting thing is that it's Bogert who has this.

That means only one thing - this is an ICBM from the league office to MLSE, and I think they are telling them: "You may own the media in your little bubble, and may think you can bottle this up, but we own it up here on the mothership, and we can make your life hell. You need to pay some effing attention. Now."

I think it also means the league is saying: Manning must go. The knives are out for him, that Insigne signing wrecked the league's salary structure all by itself.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    To me... the most interesting thing is that it's Bogert who has this.

That means only one thing - this is an ICBM from the league office to MLSE, and I think they are telling them: "You may own the media in your little bubble, and may think you can bottle this up, but we own it up here on the mothership, and we can make your life hell. You need to pay some effing attention. Now."

I think it also means the league is saying: Manning must go. The knives are out for him, that Insigne signing wrecked the league's salary structure all by itself.
    I wonder, with various teams right now being in flux or closer to blank slates than finished products, and with the president role vacant, if BOGERS isn’t getting ready to cash this cheque.

Professional sports in general looks very “peak valuation” to me. And with Apple TV stepping in for MLS and other streamers hot on their heels with other leagues, the business case for monopolizing sports content for live TV does a little bit more each day.