Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    After that article there is no going back. Insigne wanted to walk out, Berna is frustrated, and the team is fractured. You got to restart now. No choice.
    I wonder how much of this article the board is aware of and how much of this they’ve been shielded from out of fear for BB and BM jobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah extremely disappointed with our local reporting.

I'm going to leave it at that.
    Molinaro tweeting an Alex Bono interview today lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm not sure how any of this makes BB into a good guy to run a team.

Yes, I think the US media are hyper focused on player behaviour - there's some stuff in that story that reeks of a PR "dark" folder.

But why would somebody want to work for a GM/President who had all that occur?!?!
    You're forgetting the American Exceptionalism impact. There are multiple people on Reddit, all American, who are baffled as to how people dont' realize he's the greatest coach in American history. The MLS podcast, while talking about this, has intimated the same, repeatedly. It can't be Bob, he's the greatest coach ever, and boy, those Italians sure aren't playing well.

From the league, I can easily see that level of duplicity. After all, every paranoid thing I thought might be going on in the front office seems to have turned out to be true.

But as for American insider coverage, it was rallying around Bob from minute one.

Keep in mind, this is a country so deluded that Eric Wynalda was in the Guardian yesterday claiming Folarin Balogun makes the U.S. a world cup contender. I shit you not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The timing is interesting too, as a bunch of fans on Facebook and Reddit were planning a group standing ovation and applause for Benardeschi, as of yesterday. That would've been incredibly embarrassing for Bob.

Kloke asked people for comment & got BM to comment- yesterday most likely. Given BB is going to manage this game this week, that forced the move of FB out of the game - I don't see how this article could have happened without that move.

&

BB needs to go after Saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest tragedy in all this will always be the opportunity we pissed away. We had it all to become a dynasty, selling out every week with a permanent expansion for the world cup - an mls super club that would always maintain a certain standard. That's what our money should have bought us.

Instead we're this, and with mlse in cost cutting mode, will probably regress to a middle of the road team

And people tried to argue upper management got *better* after Bez left!?

We need to go full nuclear. Anything outside of Manning and, realistically, both Bradleys leaving will still leave us with major issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    The article is blowing up all over the place, but there is nary a peep of it on the MLS website. BB is one of their sacred cows and there is a narrative that has to be protected. Swansea was right.
    But I think Jloome might be onto something here. It’s the sort of piece where everyone gets dirty but the real guns are turned at Bill Manning’s management and Berna’s supposed immaturity.

I mean the Bradley’s are getting off particularly light here. Bob focuses more on certain types of things in practice (as opposed to tactics) and MB occasionally backs Bob’s position and/or is like another assistant coach? That’s it???

Feels like it only barely scratches the surface. Bob’s brought in crocked players who haven’t worked out. MB’s chasing shadows in midfield yet is still first name on the team sheet and never gets subbed. I can only imagine the stuff we don’t know.

You don’t go from being upset about winning and arguing about a vape pen to having the sort of interactions described in the article.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Molinaro tweeting an Alex Bono interview today lmao
    He's apparently in the hospital today, so I wish him well and a healthy recover on whatever he's managing. The Bono interview could have been a scheduled tweet... bad timing however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kloke is on tsn1050 talking about the article and situation right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was reading the summary on reddit. Can someone confirm?

If so I knew the league was in damage control with that $7M salary listing.

Insigne is upset his full salary with marketing deals was not released in the recent salary info release

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    Kloke is on tsn1050 talking about the article and situation right now.
    Thanks! I turned on the TV and rewinded to the start of the segment. They literally started at 5:30, this is getting some heat

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're forgetting the American Exceptionalism impact. There are multiple people on Reddit, all American, who are baffled as to how people dont' realize he's the greatest coach in American history. The MLS podcast, while talking about this, has intimated the same, repeatedly...
    I watched that segment and it was one guy, David Gass - Doyle didn't go with that. What I am seeing is the Athletic guys focusing on behvaiour.

But SOMEBODY got a quote from an ex TFC player about the atmosphere last year being bad, especially because of MB being around - there's a whole section on that bit being an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I watched that segment and it was one guy, David Gass - Doyle didn't go with that. What I am seeing is the Athletic guys focusing on behvaiour.

But SOMEBODY got a quote from an ex TFC player about the atmosphere last year being bad, especially because of MB being around - there's a whole section on that bit being an issue.
    Like I said, Kloke is a good reporter. He's not going to gloss over their shit. It's the play afterwards that I find interesting. They're not promoting ANY of that stuff in their tweets, messaging and posts. It's nearly all aimed at the Italians leading a coup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facts. Molinaro is a good dude, but sometime you need to get spicy. The media covering this team have been incredibly soft.

If we continue to loose I cannot wait for the Italian headlines.

"Insigne unsettled"

"Berna regrets American adventure"

"Lex Luthor and son vs Italian super hero's!"
    Just going to quote myself from May 12th.

Looks like I got this one right! "Lex Luthor and son vs Italian super hero's!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how Sean Johnson and Hedges are feeling about this lol as valuable free agents that could have signed with many teams. Sean Johnson clearly getting many offers around the league and picks us for the project. Hedges too, but also going for a final championship push and a paycheck. Curious if they are bradley guys, or talent to bolster the roster and simply caught in the current shit show.

Like imagine you sign a contract, you are fired up the see the lads, and the team to get the project started, and one of the first things you hear is your highest paid DP leader address the team "So if the manager doesn't leave, i'm out of here lol." What a way to start off on a new relationship lol.
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 05-26-2023 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Numerous shill accounts on Reddit are currently calling for Manning to be fired but still defending Bob. I can smell this shit coming from a mile away, I'm telling you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    He's apparently in the hospital today, so I wish him well and a healthy recover on whatever he's managing. The Bono interview could have been a scheduled tweet... bad timing however.
    Best wishes to him. Terrible comment from me. Thank you for pointing out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    We're a fucking joke, aren't we?
    No one looks good after reading that article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Numerous shill accounts on Reddit are currently calling for Manning to be fired but still defending Bob. I can smell this shit coming from a mile away, I'm telling you.
    Absolutely agreed. A whole club in turmoil and the vape is the headline?

Show me a dude in his 20’s with a vape who hasn’t done it in the wrong place consistently.

Coverage is nuts. Public opinion is the only place where the real issues are being highlight right now.

The TSN 1050 bit was laughable by the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    The biggest tragedy in all this will always be the opportunity we pissed away. We had it all to become a dynasty, selling out every week with a permanent expansion for the world cup - an mls super club that would always maintain a certain standard. That's what our money should have bought us.

Instead we're this, and with mlse in cost cutting mode, will probably regress to a middle of the road team
    This is, sadly, the biggest issue. The cost, the opportunity cost, the headaches… They must hate this team upstairs at MLSE.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Absolutely agreed. A whole club in turmoil and the vape is the headline?

Show me a dude in his 20’s with a vape who hasn’t done it in the wrong place consistently.

Coverage is nuts. Public opinion is the only place where the real issues are being highlight right now.

The TSN 1050 bit was laughable by the way.
    There are calls for boycotts and personal boycott announcements all over Twitter, Reddit, Facebook. I don't do the Insta and TikTok but I'm guessing there too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They just can’t handle the idea this guy is past it **groan**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Also, really really hard to imagine Richie staying now.

My opinion, once that summer window opens he's gone faster then Garfield eats lasagna.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

They just can’t handle the idea this guy is past it **groan**
    I take it REALLY seriously too, given how many he got in the record for his article. Look how they all rose up to add their names to the chorus of Bob support!

Oh wait, no, that didn't happen.

Some LAFC fans online are already, like, "it's #bobout, if you're interested," and "ah, you're just figuring it out." Yeesh.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is, sadly, the biggest issue. The cost, the opportunity cost, the headaches… They must hate this team upstairs at MLSE.
    The big question in my mind is what would happen if MLSE decided to clean their hands of the Reds and put them up for sale? Now that would be interesting to see how that would progress.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The timing is interesting too, as a bunch of fans on Facebook and Reddit were planning a group standing ovation and applause for Benardeschi, as of yesterday.
    Gosh, I was planning on booing - both of them.

Bernardeschi is clearly not a team player, and is toxic, thinking that rules don't apply to him - even over criminal activity.

And Bradley should have known better than signing a useless prima donna.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The big question in my mind is what would happen if MLSE decided to clean their hands of the Reds and put them up for sale? Now that would be interesting to see how that would progress.
    Do not think it will ever happen. However, if it should, I would expect either ERogers or UncleLarry, separately or together, do whatever they must to buy the franchise. BMO Field, the stadium, and the surrounding Ex grounds are too valuable a land entity to lose a leading stakeholder position in; whether for the futures of any together stadium for the footballs, MLS/NFL, or the relocation of the Rogers Centre field for a new build BlueJays/MLSB stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take it REALLY seriously too, given how many he got in the record for his article. Look how they all rose up to add their names to the chorus of Bob support!

Oh wait, no, that didn't happen.

Some LAFC fans online are already, like, "it's #bobout, if you're interested," and "ah, you're just figuring it out." Yeesh.
    I’m sure former league MVP has a few things to say about someone’s coaching after being played out of position for 6 months while the team bled points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Gosh, I was planning on booing - both of them. Bernardeschi is clearly not a team player, and is toxic, thinking that rules don't apply to him - even over criminal activity. And Bradley should have known better than signing a useless prima donna.
    I am not a smoker/vaper, never have been. However, technically, do not believe it is ‘criminal’ activity per se. More quasi, a regulatory offence; a by-law?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone needs to go. Manning, both Bradley's and the Italian DPs. My worst fear is that Bob takes over Manning's job and Michael becomes both a player and manager.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Everyone needs to go. Manning, both Bradley's and the Italian DPs. My worst fear is that Bob takes over Manning's job and Michael becomes both a player and manager.
    That can't happen. Fuck the lot of them. If we had to hang onto anyone I would pick Bernardeschi because at least he's useful. Can't say that about the rest but still. We need nuclear ground zero here like 2014.