0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    They need to go nuclear
    They're working on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect if Bernardeschi held onto the ball for so long with Tata coaching, he'd take him off. He would certainly not put up with anything less than quick, crisp movement in training, at full game speed.

He wouldn't brook a moment of this bullshit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    quick, crisp movement in training, at full game speed. .
    Pretty sure this isn't happening in training now. Must just be a mess at Downsview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    The biggest reason why I think Bob isn't going anywhere even if we lose the next 3 is quite simply exit strategy, I don't see how there is one. We are all in, and nuclear blasting the entire org is the only way out

Firstly, you have Bob as GM and manager, making it already difficult to fire him and figure out how to move forward in the short term. And frankly, he's been poor at both, so moving him full time into one role and replacing him in the other doesn't do much

Then there's Michael. This is supposition on my part, but I suspect he's been promised the keys to the kingdom, possibly as far back as his first TAM contract but almost certainly from Bobs arrival. And I also suspect Bobs early moves, which didn't make sense from an on field pov, were all Michael calls. It's also why he's undroppable despite performance so poor the media outlet owned by the team dedicated a pre show to calling him out

And one further is Manning. He shares culpability here, and confidence in him to do his job has to be low. We have not been bad, but we have been the worst team in MLS history in terms of roster quality vs spend. Every single non Bezbatchenko year in our history. And I mean that literally, statistically, we have the absolute worst point return to dollar spend in league history - the literal bottom. So how do you clear the rot without clearing Bill?

So to actually move on from this situation, you argubly need to remove both Bradleys (Team captain and manager/gm, no less) and Manning and then with all of those gone find a new GM, new manager and start the roster over from scratch. A bloated roster up against the salary cap with no room to maneuver. All while, possibly, reneging on a deal you made with our captain and a man widely seem as a club legend. The fall out could be spectacular. And even after doing all that, the new team would struggle to right the ship for at least two years since we are basically not going to move anyone off this roster to open up cap space at the salaries we're paying.

So I just see us as bring truly stuck. We'd have to really, really hit rock bottom (And that really is empty stands) to justify all that, that's my worry. I suspect the soft reset is more likely. Bob sees us to winter come hell or high water (Expect us to act like making the play offs in a league where like 2/3 of the team make is an achievement akin to winning a world cup) and then is moved upstairs, Michael comes in and we just pray it somehow all works out despite all evidence that it won't
    This is the likely scenario except the MB thing. I can’t see that happening, the guy doesn’t even have his badges. Also, he’s never once suggested he’d like to coach. I would lose all respect for him if that’s the way it went.

MLSE is a slow moving corporate entity who moreover stands to gain nothing but headaches from firing BB now.

Assholes throwing stuff at our own players isn’t going to help either.

edit: sorry I didn’t mean “who”! Which. I don’t believe cooperations are people… maybe very dumb creatures but not people. On the other hand, some of those in our supporters section tonight don’t seem to be people either.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 05-09-2023 at 10:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Do you think they need to go full nuke on the roster though? Maybe I’m naive but I seriously think it could be a lot better with a few key additions and a different coach. Namely: a solid midfielder with pace and a quality target man.
    Full nuke is the fans panacea. I don’t think it gets you somewhere except where we were last year (which I don’t think was a good idea to begin with.)

Some of the comments are kind of amusing here tonight. Yes, it was shit and we lost and ended up with even more injuries - we had MAK in central defence and less than a competent midfield. It looks like we’ll have a central defence next match with a kid who arrived last week and a call up with no MLS level experience. But what’s with calling for replacement coaches who suck and no sporting director. What’s the point of that, exactly?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    But what’s with calling for replacement coaches who suck and no sporting director. What’s the point of that, exactly?
    Because that's exactly what Manning will do if he isn't sacked too. No point in thinking bigger because it won't happen so you have to choose the least shitty BM (HA!) option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone explain to me, tactically, why we almost never put a quick ball into the box, from either winger? Insigne tried one late, but not to a crowded box; he was aiming for guys running in to meet it.

But quite often, Bermardeschi will beat his guy... and then try to beat another guy. Or try to run to a shooting position or into the box.

He never just crosses it, even when we have two or three people in the box. Insigne is mostly doing this, too.

It has to be by tactical request, because the fullbacks also never launch a ball high or early. Richie goes to the baseline, the left back never really overlaps except to support.

Most goals are second chances, which occur if you try crosses, even if people aren't in the optimal positions. Sometimes, because. But we really don't ever do that.

It's the system. I fucking hate it. It's restrictive and requires a ridiculously balanced lineup, by MLS standards. If we had a great GM and time to start over, ala LA... I still don't think Bob's personality is motivational. So it probably still would suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BB is inflexible. For a salary cap league, I think manager needs to be able to adapt because most teams won't have great depth players like the bigger leagues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Can someone explain to me, tactically, why we almost never put a quick ball into the box, from either winger? Insigne tried one late, but not to a crowded box; he was aiming for guys running in to meet it.

But quite often, Bermardeschi will beat his guy... and then try to beat another guy. Or try to run to a shooting position or into the box.

He never just crosses it, even when we have two or three people in the box. Insigne is mostly doing this, too.

It has to be by tactical request, because the fullbacks also never launch a ball high or early. Richie goes to the baseline, the left back never really overlaps except to support.

Most goals are second chances, which occur if you try crosses, even if people aren't in the optimal positions. Sometimes, because. But we really don't ever do that.

It's the system. I fucking hate it. It's restrictive and requires a ridiculously balanced lineup, by MLS standards. If we had a great GM and time to start over, ala LA... I still don't think Bob's personality is motivational. So it probably still would suck.
    Good question. I’ve been wondering about this since the Italians arrived. I still don’t know the answer. What I can say with reasonable certainly is that Richie has always done his thing the way he does it now, no matter the coach or tactics. Too, it’s always more successful than it isn’t. But I find the play of both wingers baffling often because when what they do comes off, more often than not it won’t. Tonight, I found Bernie’s play especially baffling. And it might be said that Insigne really benefited from Cricito’s support. DC would often carry the ball in and set up in a narrower perch from where LI, out wider, could begin to work and where he didn’t, of course, have two or three guys attending to him.

I may be alone on this board and I know well that when things are going badly the answer is often to fire the coach… but I’d like to see Bob get further with what he’s trying to do. I want to see what he’s trying to do. I know there’s something there for this group I just can’t tell what it is!

Last year was a travesty and I think the carte blanche, no pressure tear down was foolish and arrogant… but I know there’s something of interest with this roster and whatever the hell Bob wants them to do. The injury list looks ever more absurdly long (too long to type) so who knows when we will find out. I think until then (if that time comes) he’s got to begin really working with what he has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone, anyone, please tell me Bradley has been fired?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m really looking forward to some sort of announcement today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Good question. I’ve been wondering about this since the Italians arrived. I still don’t know the answer. What I can say with reasonable certainly is that Richie has always done his thing the way he does it now, no matter the coach or tactics. Too, it’s always more successful than it isn’t. But I find the play of both wingers baffling often because when what they do comes off, more often than not it won’t. Tonight, I found Bernie’s play especially baffling. And it might be said that Insigne really benefited from Cricito’s support. DC would often carry the ball in and set up in a narrower perch from where LI, out wider, could begin to work and where he didn’t, of course, have two or three guys attending to him.

I may be alone on this board and I know well that when things are going badly the answer is often to fire the coach… but I’d like to see Bob get further with what he’s trying to do. I want to see what he’s trying to do. I know there’s something there for this group I just can’t tell what it is!

Last year was a travesty and I think the carte blanche, no pressure tear down was foolish and arrogant… but I know there’s something of interest with this roster and whatever the hell Bob wants them to do. The injury list looks ever more absurdly long (too long to type) so who knows when we will find out. I think until then (if that time comes) he’s got to begin really working with what he has.
    I really appreciate your belief and Jloome’s attempts to figure out what it is Bob is trying to do. If there is a grand plan it’s really eluding me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    How about after we lose this Saturday?

Again, he won't get fired until they are either out of playoff contention or dangerously close to it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I’d even take Vanney on an interim basis right now. At least he adjusts to his player’s strengths sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    I too would not hate this.
    +1
    He likely will be available soon, as LAG will probably fire him (although their struggles are more to do with team construction rather than coaching). I'd be happy to have him back for the reasons you mentioned. He's a technical coach who knows how to get something out of players like Insigne.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Armas would do better right now.
    Ugh, no.

I remember those weeks - they were worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Again, he won't get fired until they are either out of playoff contention or dangerously close to it.
    We were supposed to come out of the gate on fire...all the excuses are now done.

WITH the Italians...the horrndous Philly game where we were humilated. The NE game at home where we meakly lost...and then last night again at home vs Montreal who unloaded all their good players...coach gone....is at a fraction of our budget and they walk in here and beat us in a cup game...

This has to end now and lets salvage the season. Bradley is ruining this team and sucking the life out of it and for the fans....we are grossly underachieving...need to stop the rot, bring someone in, literally anyone and change the culture and we will be better.

No more excuses about "time"...ffs, Montreal just beat us and they have a completely new team, new coach and no budget....no more injury excuses...everyone has injuries...and in the Philly, NE and last night losses, that is WITH the Italians....imagine if bad it would be without them? Bradly has lost this team...can't motivate, can't coach, is incomptent, the players I strongly suspect don't respect him...(my opinion) and its over. If teams below us can fire their managers, why not us?

Anyone would be better. Make the move MLSE, now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Ugh, no.

I remember those weeks - they were worse.
    I guess the debate would be whether the team would just tune out Armas and plays more relaxed than it does under Bradley. Sort of like, are no instructions better than too many instructions and having someone looking over your shoulder at all times.

Don’t underestimate the removal of the burden of having the coach’s son in the room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding fuel to the fire, I can see Laryea not wanting to hang around at any price if TFC continues to be a dumpster fire. I think it's more reasonable that he'd ride the bench at Nottingham and look for a loan/trade to another outfit rather than continue to participate in this debacle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I guess the debate would be whether the team would just tune out Armas and plays more relaxed than it does under Bradley. Sort of like, are no instructions better than too many instructions and having someone looking over your shoulder at all times.

Don’t underestimate the removal of the burden of having the coach’s son in the room.

Carlo Ancelotti lets his guys play...and the players love him. Differnt say to a Guadriola...both both are loved by their players and go through walls for them...and win.

I don't think anyone on this team outside of his son enjoys playing for Bradley...and I can safely assume, the Italians think he is not a good manager at all....and have tuned him out.

Having the son on the team just complicates things ever more. Imagine when/if Bradly sr is canned...the lockeroom with son still there?

What needs to happen is Bradly and Manning are fired this morning. New coach comes in, captaincy given to one of the italians and on we go.

I'd actually love Perez back here...we played somew of our best football with him here. And he wasn't afraid to bench Mike, when Mike was better than he is now....and I imagine given his background in places like Real's system, would garner immediate respect from the Italians...and everyone would get on board and we'd turn it around

Tata is the best choice if somehow we could convince him.

But at this point I don't care who, just get rid of Bradley and Manning today. No more of this s.hitshow...enough is enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    I'd actually love Perez back here...we played somew of our best football with him here. And he wasn't afraid to bench Mike, when Mike was better than he is now....and I imagine given his background in places like Real's system, would garner immediate respect from the Italians...and everyone would get on board and we'd turn it around
    I will say this one more time; if Perez is so good then why does he have no job and no employment ever minus when he is with his pal, Armas?

Because he is shit. But he does have a nice website.

So how about we focus on a new manager that might be here for 3+ years and actually have a feasible, MLS ready plan that isn't something rigid & stupid like the gegenpress or whatever Bob is trying to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also wanted to mention that- what is happening with MAK is Bob's fault- the over payment of a 1st and GAM and the full 90M = disaster - unfortunate MAK got into it with the supporters and that the supporters tossed the megaphone - at this point the environment is toxic for the players and is becoming toxic for the supporters-

everyone is getting paid well to do a job- they should be doing their jobs- regardless- of the moves that highlights someones mistakes or mis-judgements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So how about we focus on a new manager that might be here for 3+ years and actually have a feasible, MLS ready plan that isn't something rigid & stupid like the gegenpress or whatever Bob is trying to do.
    I'd take literally anyone at this point. Bradley's "system" whatever it is, doesn;t work and the players don't work.

He also ran Poz out of town (including others) when Poz would be perfect in the midfield to work with the Italians....our midfield is horrendous...and we have no striker...that's all on Bradley.

I hate that I am losing interest in this team...but Bradley has turned this into a disaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    i also wanted to mention that- what is happening with MAK is Bob's fault- the over payment of a 1st and GAM and the full 90M = disaster - unfortunate MAK got into it with the supporters and that the supporters tossed the megaphone - at this point the environment is toxic for the players and is becoming toxic for the supporters-

everyone is getting paid well to do a job- they should be doing their jobs- regardless- of the moves that highlights someones mistakes or mis-judgements.
    MAk has vastly under achieved...I simply think he is not a good player. Him, Bradley and Oso is the worst midfield combo in the league....and are paid quite a bit also.

Meanwhile Priso, McNaguton and Shaffleburgh who all Bob dumped were good enough to start over the weekend for their teams in wins....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say… So how about we focus on a new manager that might be here for 3+ years and actually have a feasible, MLS ready plan that isn't something rigid & stupid like the gegenpress or whatever Bob is trying to do.
    Ange Postecoglou? IIUC, he may be on a yearly rolling contract? Recent reports are Celtic are worried he may leave; Leeds interested?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAk has vastly under achieved...I simply think he is not a good player. Him, Bradley and Oso is the worst midfield combo in the league....and are paid quite a bit also.

Meanwhile Priso, McNaguton and Shaffleburgh who all Bob dumped were good enough to start over the weekend for their teams in wins....

i truly feel bad for MAK - his frustrations now becoming public - behind closed doors it must be very heated/toxic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

Fair or not, MAK got a lot of verbal heckling/abuse post match. I try to remind myself Footballers are people as well; they got their own/other stuff going on too. He did seem to be one of a few players who went to acknowledge the supporters post match. Or was it just part of continued heated engagement from the get go; I wasn’t able to tell? From my perspective and vantage point, a SSH in SEC221, that frustration wasn’t just from SEC114 but also from some others of those that were there and remained after the final whistle in the South Stands; even a few from KITN. Visually, lot’s of raised arm gestures and yelling. After MAK’s interaction with 114, it seemed he had to be restrained once again as he drifted to 119 instead of continuing directly to the tunnel; there were a number in that section that seemed to also be having a go at it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Ange Postecoglou? IIUC, he may be on a yearly rolling contract? Recent reports are Celtic are worried he may leave; Leeds interested?
    He would be great but his career trajectory isn't going MLS bound at the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAk has vastly under achieved...I simply think he is not a good player.
    You see I think he is a good player and can do a job BUT only when the system he has to play in makes sense. Right now nobody, and I mean nobody, knows where to pass or when. He isn't the only one making shit passes and holding the ball too long, everyone is and they're doing it because they don't know where to pass or where to move and they have no idea where anyone else is without stopping and looking to figure it out and by then the passing lanes are gone. One touch passing is difficult if nobody is where they're supposed to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    pie in the shy stuff here,the prob is bill has only US area codes in his rolodex

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    pie in the shy stuff here,the prob is bill has only US area codes in his rolodex
    There is no probably about that. This is why I figure our most likely successors to Bob will be Marsch or Berhalter most likely and Vanney as a long shot because Manning will think 2017 nostalgia vibes will smooth over the bad vibes and be good for a PR push later.

And then he'll sign Giovinco to a TAM deal for 2 seasons to keep the randos on Twitter and IG happy.