Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nah....this game doesn't push the needle that much.

NOW...the beat down One Soccer just did on the midfield play on the two goals & Berna's lack of responsibility? That will get noticed.
    I will tell you that according to my little bird at TFC, Manning's take is that they're struggling due to injuries, particularly MB and MH.

Having said that, that was just prior to the Philly game. But he was already, clearly, already deciding whether to circle the wagons or make a move, or he wouldn't be communicating about it to others.

And that is a dead cert source, by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a 100% sack after this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see Bob Bradley leading this team to any sort of success as a coach or GM.

He has to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    This is a 100% sack after this weekend.
    It should be. I think Bill might cling to the injury situation even then, as it won't have changed by then.

But the injuries aren't why the most expensive lineup in league history shits the bed offensively, game after game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It should be. I think Bill might cling to the injury situation even then, as it won't have changed by then.

But the injuries aren't why the most expensive lineup in league history shits the bed offensively, game after game.
    MB + MH = Goals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he loses on Saturday he has to go. He's out of excuses at this point. The idea that Michael Bradley, whose been very poor this season, would make a difference or that Hedges is responsible for an attack having no cohession is absurd. If manning believes that he's worse than I thought.

The problem is manning needs to go, too. I'd take a bad manager with a semi component GM instead of the other way around if offered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    MB + MH = Goals
    He's just of the opinion, I am told, that sometimes rebuilds take longer than expected.

He cites Salt Lake taking 18 months back in 2010 (although they did win a cup in 2008, so it's not like they were coming off a bad first two years), and us taking three years after the bloody big deal.

I mean, it's a narrative at this point. I think we all sort of recognize he's not motivating this team OR setting them up to win. The guys on OneSoccer weren't wrong; we were outworked everywhere.

To me, we look tight and nervous all the time. Job 1 of a manager is getting rid of that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's safe to say now that Bob has done more negative than positive.

Wasted all of last year trying to give the young guys minutes only to sell the ones he gave the most minutes to and showed any qualities of depth (Shaff, Petrasso, Nelson..Priso prior).

Got rid of Pozuelo who was willing to take a TAM contact (his words) until he knew he was on the way out and then at last second requested Miami for his gf who he's no longer with and now in Turkey. Pozuelo type player is the player we are missing to connect with the DPs.

Wasted lots of GAM on Kaye who's been very underwhelming.

Lots of old signings or bad signings. Ex Petretta shouldn't be on TAM (who is solid defensively but offers absolutely nothing going forward, Franklin can do same job). Osorio who I like is massively overpaid. Everyone is overpaid. Akinola never should be given contract he was given after knee surgery.

Lost to a terrible Montreal who got rid of literally all their best players and had more turnover then us but somehow they are better than us.

Twice the amount of losses to wins with better players than Armas ever had.

Team is slow and lackluster as hell.

Lastly, arrogant and restricts information to journalists. Great job keeping fans interested.

Please add more if you have.

Do what you have to do and get Tata Martino in ASAP
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 05-09-2023 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MB + MH = Goals
    Haha!

I know people are saying MLSE will stand pat here and not do anything but I can see several paths where they are prompted to action.

1) a call from the league office to our ownership group basically politely pointing out our team is a dumpster fire. Happened before with Mo and Anselmi.

2) The Italians decide to bail and Bob’s corpse is the only way to keep them in town.

3) less likely I admit but we’re seeing a more bold media lately when it comes to posting towards TFC (Kilbane taking MB to the woodshed as a reference point). If they go after BB and Manning, I don’t think this will be easily missed by the upper brass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Haha!

I know people are saying MLSE will stand pat here and not do anything but I can see several paths where they are prompted to action.

1) a call from the league office to our ownership group basically politely pointing out our team is a dumpster fire. Happened before with Mo and Anselmi.

2) The Italians decide to bail and Bob’s corpse is the only way to keep them in town.

3) less likely I admit but we’re seeing a more bold media lately when it comes to posting towards TFC (Kilbane taking MB to the woodshed as a reference point). If they go after BB and Manning, I don’t think this will be easily missed by the upper brass.
    There's some US media going at Bob for being a dinosaur though. Maybe not local because they're all shills but abroad, yes.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    In Chris Armas’s defence, he had a fraction of the budget Bradley has.
    You know things are terrible when Armas is compared favourably.

It's not that the players are struggling valiantly and just miss it. It's like they are lost and have no idea what to do. That's coaching.

Unlike the Vanney death watch thread, I don't think this team is going to turn around sufficiently and both BB and MB will be gone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You know things are terrible when Armas is compared favourably.

It's not that the players are struggling valiantly and just miss it. It's like they are lost and have no idea what to do. That's coaching.

Unlike the Vanney death watch thread, I don't think this team is going to turn around sufficiently and both BB and MB will be gone.
    I think Armas would do better right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a spectacular failure. Montreal is on a shoe string budget, lost all of its good players, and yet here we are.

"Worst team in the world" - Danny Koevermans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BB has had my prerequisite 3 windows, and BM has had even more time to watch the team degenerate on his watch, with no coat-tails to ride anymore. If they lose on Saturday, I think they both should be gone. If TFC really are in "win now" mode, then MLSE can't afford to waste another season. Notice the other firings that have happened in the last 24 hours. Things happen in threes. MLSE will have to move now if they want a chance at Tata before the Red Bulls and Fire jump the gun on them. That will give Tata a month to figure out what he has to work with and a summer transfer window to right the ship before pushing for a playoff spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d even take Vanney on an interim basis right now. At least he adjusts to his player’s strengths sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I’d take Vanney on an interim basis right now. At least he adjusts to his player’s strengths sometimes.
    I too would not hate this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I welcome our new overlord, Gregg Berhalter, after Bill Manning uses Bob Bradley as his next meatshield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest reason why I think Bob isn't going anywhere even if we lose the next 3 is quite simply exit strategy, I don't see how there is one. We are all in, and nuclear blasting the entire org is the only way out

Firstly, you have Bob as GM and manager, making it already difficult to fire him and figure out how to move forward in the short term. And frankly, he's been poor at both, so moving him full time into one role and replacing him in the other doesn't do much

Then there's Michael. This is supposition on my part, but I suspect he's been promised the keys to the kingdom, possibly as far back as his first TAM contract but almost certainly from Bobs arrival. And I also suspect Bobs early moves, which didn't make sense from an on field pov, were all Michael calls. It's also why he's undroppable despite performance so poor the media outlet owned by the team dedicated a pre show to calling him out

And one further is Manning. He shares culpability here, and confidence in him to do his job has to be low. We have not been bad, but we have been the worst team in MLS history in terms of roster quality vs spend. Every single non Bezbatchenko year in our history. And I mean that literally, statistically, we have the absolute worst point return to dollar spend in league history - the literal bottom. So how do you clear the rot without clearing Bill?

So to actually move on from this situation, you argubly need to remove both Bradleys (Team captain and manager/gm, no less) and Manning and then with all of those gone find a new GM, new manager and start the roster over from scratch. A bloated roster up against the salary cap with no room to maneuver. All while, possibly, reneging on a deal you made with our captain and a man widely seem as a club legend. The fall out could be spectacular. And even after doing all that, the new team would struggle to right the ship for at least two years since we are basically not going to move anyone off this roster to open up cap space at the salaries we're paying.

So I just see us as bring truly stuck. We'd have to really, really hit rock bottom (And that really is empty stands) to justify all that, that's my worry. I suspect the soft reset is more likely. Bob sees us to winter come hell or high water (Expect us to act like making the play offs in a league where like 2/3 of the team make is an achievement akin to winning a world cup) and then is moved upstairs, Michael comes in and we just pray it somehow all works out despite all evidence that it won't
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 05-09-2023 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I welcome our new overlord, Gregg Berhalter, after Bill Manning uses Bob Bradley as his next meatshield.
    And I welcome yet another rollback to year one pricing season memberships because after all this, that's where we're landing thanks to Billy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With his Argos and WC responsibilities - they won't get rid of Manning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    The biggest reason why I think Bob isn't going anywhere even if we lose the next 3 is quite simply exit strategy, I don't see how there is one. We are all in, and nuclear blasting the entire org is the only way out

Firstly, you have Bob as GM and manager, making it already difficult to fire him and figure out how to move forward in the short term. And frankly, he's been poor at both, so moving him full time into one role and replacing him in the other doesn't do much

Then there's Michael. This is supposition on my part, but I suspect he's been promised the keys to the kingdom, possibly as far back as his first TAM contract but almost certainly from Bobs arrival. And I also suspect Bobs early moves, which didn't make sense from an on field pov, were all Michael calls. It's also why he's undroppable despite performance so poor the media outlet owned by the team dedicated a pre show to calling him out

And one further is Manning. He shares culpability here, and confidence in him to do his job has to be low. We have not been bad, but we have been the worst team in MLS history in terms of roster quality vs spend. Every single non Bezbatchenko year in our history. And I mean that literally, statistically, we have the absolute worst point return to dollar spend in league history - the literal bottom. So how do you clear the rot without clearing Bill?

So to actually move on from this situation, you argubly need to remove both Bradleys (Team captain and manager/gm, no less) and Manning and then with all of those gone find a new GM, new manager and start the roster over from scratch. A bloated roster up against the salary cap with no room to maneuver. All while, possibly, reneging on a deal you made with our captain and a man widely seem as a club legend. The fall out could be spectacular. And even after doing all that, the new team would struggle to right the ship for at least two years since we are basically not going to move anyone off this roster to open up cap space at the salaries we're paying.

So I just see us as bring truly stuck. We'd have to really, really hit rock bottom (And that really is empty stands) to justify all that, that's my worry. I suspect the soft reset is more likely. Bob sees us to winter come hell or high water (Expect us to act like making the play offs in a league where like 2/3 of the team make is an achievement akin to winning a world cup) and then is moved upstairs, Michael comes in and we just pray it somehow all works out despite all evidence that it won't
    I don't disagree with a lot of this, except the MB upstairs part. I would be willing to bet money that isn't happening. I do have some sources still, and there's not even a hint of that, ever.

He doesn't even have his badges. It's not going to happen. Manning is a former player, and he's survived shrewdly in the business. He's not handing this shitpile to an inexperienced guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob and Bill understand inspiring football, and i knew the boys had fight and desire to win the championship, thats all we can expect from TFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    They can promote him higher into MLSE and out of TFC. He's earned it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't disagree with a lot of this, except the MB upstairs part. I would be willing to bet money that isn't happening. I do have some sources still, and there's not even a hint of that, ever.

He doesn't even have his badges. It's not going to happen. Manning is a former player, and he's survived shrewdly in the business. He's not handing this shitpile to an inexperienced guy.
    I trust your sources so I do take some comfort in that. That does relieve some complication there but it's still such a mess and the way out is going to be absolutely painful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Yeah the Argos are really thriving as an organization too. I can’t wait to see what BM does with a World Cup game!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there's rumors Klein & Vanney will be ousted in LA so we could just bring in another batch of proven American MLS winners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there's rumors Klein & Vanney will be ousted in LA so we could just bring in another batch of proven American MLS winners.
    Klein is suspended for a year by the league for cooking the books, and only has his job in the first place because he attends an evangelical church with the owner, Phil Anschutz.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Klein is suspended for a year by the league for cooking the books, and only has his job in the first place because he attends an evangelical church with the owner, Phil Anschutz.
    I bet he's in Manning's roladex though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They need to go nuclear and hopefully the Italians want out sooner rather than later…

that way you get a new gm and coach and get as close to a blank slate as you can get

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    They need to go nuclear and hopefully the Italians want out sooner rather than later…

that way you get a new gm and coach and get as close to a blank slate as you can get
    Do you think they need to go full nuke on the roster though? Maybe I’m naive but I seriously think it could be a lot better with a few key additions and a different coach. Namely: a solid midfielder with pace and a quality target man.