Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that Molinaro still hasn’t addressed the elephant in the room. Seems he doesn’t want to touch this one with a 10 foot pole.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Interesting that Molinaro still hasn’t addressed the elephant in the room. Seems he doesn’t want to touch this one with a 10 foot pole.
    In his defense he forms his own opinions and he hasn't hesitated to critique the team in the past. He has much more integrity than to just be a cheerleader to the coach. However I think his opinion is flat out wrong in this case and Kloke and company did the work to uncover the truth.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the team flat out quits on BB he'll go quickly. However, the Athletic piece more shows a divided team, with MLS lifers being willing to work with BB and the Italians wanting him immediately gone.
    So if the team doesn't quit on BB but just is underperforming, it's in Manning's interest to give BB a chance to turn things around. Which means that the inevitable just gets delayed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    If the team flat out quits on BB he'll go quickly. However, the Athletic piece more shows a divided team, with MLS lifers being willing to work with BB and the Italians wanting him immediately gone.
    So if the team doesn't quit on BB but just is underperforming, it's in Manning's interest to give BB a chance to turn things around. Which means that the inevitable just gets delayed.
    I mean….10 of the players had a conference call with the Italians before he did it. Clearly, not everyone else is in Camp Bob. He has a divided dressing room.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I mean….10 of the players had a conference call with the Italians before he did it. Clearly, not everyone else is in Camp Bob. He has a divided dressing room.
    Yeh, I'm not completely sold on the MLSers vs. Italians thing. All we got from the Athletic article about viewpoints was MB & MAK for BB & FB not with Insigne only mentioned about last year being not for BB (yes, the inference but not an actual statement about now).

Nothing on Hedges, Oso, SJ or Laryea.

&

A quote from a guy on the team last year - likely MLS lifer, unless its Jimenez or Poz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who has been dealing with Bernie’s disatisfaction with his lack of marketing deals and TFC OVO collaborations, his salary demands? I can’t imagine Bradley gives a shit about this stuff that has nothing to do with football and competing “in the right way”. Probably totally inadequate man manger for the Italians both as coach and as Sporting Director.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Manning is dealing with this stuff in his role as GM to the Italians. So another reason to forget the arms length nonsense, we’ve most likely got two GMs. One for the Italians and one for everyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeking clarification. According to the reporting, was their a secret meeting or secret meetings instigated by the Italians?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Well 48 hours ago he was denying said elephant even existed even though it looked pretty damn clear to everyone else it did.

I personally have tuned him out at this point. Now if Kloke, the athletic, or an Italian daily want to do a follow up, that would get my attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Seeking clarification. According to the reporting, was their a secret meeting or secret meetings instigated by the Italians?
    The Athletic story said that on Monday there was a call with 9 or 10 players, led by Insigne and Berna concerning the ouster of BB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeh, I'm not completely sold on the MLSers vs. Italians thing. All we got from the Athletic article about viewpoints was MB & MAK for BB & FB not with Insigne only mentioned about last year being not for BB (yes, the inference but not an actual statement about now).

Nothing on Hedges, Oso, SJ or Laryea.

&

A quote from a guy on the team last year - likely MLS lifer, unless its Jimenez or Poz.
    This is an unfair game, but the guy I immediately thought of was Mavinga. He looked completely lost at sea under Bob.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    The Athletic story said that on Monday there was a call with 9 or 10 players, led by Insigne and Berna concerning the ouster of BB
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I thought it was only one meeting reported in the Athletic article as well. I wanted a second opinion to be sure. As ensco and jloome, as well as others in the community may be trying to convey as a nuanced point, in my opinion, parts of that article were agenda sourced. I find it odd that the writers can't get aspects of their article straight. TBogert now suggesting it was meetings. Which is it; one or more? My fear is that the Italians, in particular Fede, cause he was foolish to stick his head out with recorded interview material, are conveniently being scapegoated for all the ills of TFC. It's the way enough of the material in that article was positioned, and the way it is being spun, that signals to me BB is likely staying. I still so hope not!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bottom line is that Bradley has had more then enough time and the team has never looked week organized or with a clear identity. The “Italians” are complaint because they like many of us clearly see that BB must go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is an unfair game, but the guy I immediately thought of was Mavinga. He looked completely lost at sea under Bob.
    Mavinga is the best shout. I could also see it being Delgado. He was a true soldier here until Bob was announced as coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A win tonight which is highly unlikely will just buy BB more time.

Hate to say this, need to lose tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All smiley smileys and nicey niceys aside, Bob under his breath… I own you (for) now!? American exceptionalism, talk softly and carry a big stick.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-28-2023 at 02:58 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This win will make BB stay for sure at least until the end of this season...
    Because winning at a clip of 1 match from 4 going forward (he can do that) will be enough to catch a last playoffs spot.

So all is great again in TFC land (?) + Berna is looking like an ass right now * (?)

* To the casual fan and casual TFC match-goer, who has any information about the team just from the media (if any).

PS: keep in mind that the last 2 matches won by TFC were against teams playing like crap + letting TFC play how they want to.
    How many other MLS teams would have beaten at home these 2 teams if they would have played like they've done it against TFC?
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-28-2023 at 02:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I do not understand is if BBradly is playing some Jedi Mind Tricks on all? I mean if all that is being suggested that happened involving Lollo being against BB, then why did the manager give him the match Captaincy Armband and not Richie or another. I am hoping enough of the Atheltics article is exaggerated or wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then again Preacher Kilbane does know the Gospel according to Footy...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob absolutely changed tactics last night, so from that perspective Bernie was right (and i dont mean just sitting him). DCU might be shyte, but the Chicago game is NO EXCUSE for Zero shots next week.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 05-28-2023 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then again Preacher Kilbane does know the Gospel according to Footy...

I'm not sure he's right.

I'm not sure Insigne bought into any of that stuff. Based on how he played yesterday, and how he and Bob interacted, that did not look like a player who dislikes his manager, in the slightest.

I think realistically, carrying this into multiple performances whilst simultaneously getting dressing room accordance, is going to be quite difficult, and if he loses three of four at home, he's toast.

But MLS protects his own. If we win two of four at home, you can bet they'll be shopping Bernie, not getting rid of Bob.

We MIGHT see Michael retire, however. They didn't just quote the Italians on the awkwardness of his presence, they quoted former players as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont' get me wrong, I love Fede and the personality that he brings but you it's obvious that he can also be that kind of guy that rubs many the wrong way. I would love for him to be able to bounce back from this but this is going to be an uphill battle, someone will have to take the fall. We all thought in advance of the match that BB had lost the room and so it was his neck on the line but that performance last night suggests the opposite. So just as quickly as Fede struck BB, the axe is now flying back his way.

Can they figure it out with him, and be a cohesive team, or do they sell him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Dont' get me wrong, I love Fede and the personality that he brings but you it's obvious that he can also be that kind of guy that rubs many the wrong way. I would love for him to be able to bounce back from this but this is going to be an uphill battle, someone will have to take the fall. We all thought in advance of the match that BB had lost the room and so it was his neck on the line but that performance last night suggests the opposite. So just as quickly as Fede struck BB, the axe is now flying back his way.

Can they figure it out with him, and be a cohesive team, or do they sell him.
    I just don’t see how in a league with caps on spending having two DP spots on LI plus Bernie works. You want to get the most out of LI, you need a DP striker and ideally a guy who is blazing fast on the other side. It was really poor consideration of fit from Manning.

Personalities aside, it just doesn’t work.

I’m sure you could build a team around Bernie too but let’s be honest, LI is the least movable piece in the whole organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I just don’t see how in a league with caps on spending having two DP spots on LI plus Bernie works. You want to get the most out of LI, you need a DP striker and ideally a guy who is blazing fast on the other side. It was really poor consideration of fit from Manning.

I’m sure you could build a team around Bernie too but let’s be honest, LI is the least movable piece in the whole organization.
    No doubt. What's all the more curious is how Fede has embraced this adventure so outwardly to build fan support for himself. I think he genuinely likes the City and would want to succeed here but his actions may have cost him in the end. Or they exactly what was needed. A good old fashion blow up to stir everyone up and be more accountable.

My concern is that we would sell Fede and not replace him with anyone good based on our lack of scouting ability and MLSE's approach of tightening the purse strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn TFC- After a week of watching the drama here the Succession finale was a bit dull. Supporting this team ruins everything…

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not a smoker/vaper, never have been. However, technically, do not believe it is ‘criminal’ activity per se. More quasi, a regulatory offence; a by-law?
    Technically I suppose it's a violation of the Canada Aeronautics Act and not the Criminal Code. but I think that's just semantics - and only looks at a single meaning of criminal, where it has multiple meanings, and isn't strictly restricted to the Criminal Code.

That aside, a player can be brilliant, but if they aren't part of the team, and cause much strife in the locker room, they need to be booted out. Perhaps TFC can trade him to Austin or something ...
    Last edited by nfitz; 05-28-2023 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Technically I suppose it's a violation of the Canada Aeronautics Act and not the Criminal Code. but I think that's just semantics - and only looks at a single meaning of criminal, where it has multiple meanings, and isn't strictly restricted to the Criminal Code. That aside, a player can be brilliant, but if they aren't part of the team, and cause much strife in the locker room, they need to be booted out. Perhaps TFC can trade him to Austin or something ...
    I understand and respect your position. For myself, criminality has one meaning and basically involves 'behaviour that is contrary to or forbidden by criminal law'. To be honest with you and to clarify, my reply was really in relation to facilities within the city/province; and not flying. On the ground a police officer may deal with you in such a situation but it's likely a by-law officer that issues you a fine. Whereas, airplanes/airlines are completely another kettle of fish. Being in the air is like being at sea; a jurisdiction unto itself. I would suspect commercial and chartered journeys are governed by the same parameters. IIUC, while fines may also be involved, consequences are possibly different and even criminal if a passenger persists. For instance, lets say one gives grief to a steward, disobeys their request, then it escalates and one fails to obey any pilot-in-command instruction, passenger gets unruly, then one gets in-flight detained and then arrested upon landing and probably placed on a airline, national and/or international no-fly list. When it goes to court, in this case I would agree with you, it becomes a criminal matter more likely than not.

This aside, IDK what to think or believe anymore. My thoughts on the Bernardeschi matter are all over the place; some in contradiction. Maybe it has been all blown out of proportion; from a baseline that things have to a degree always been very dysfunctional at TFC from Y16/Y17. Conventional wisdom says he has to move on. Right now my gut is saying their may be a chance he may actually stay. I am a believer in his abilities for TFC. At the DCU match I noticed quite a few fans with his jersey. Personality wise he has endeared and become a fan favourite. He would be missed.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-29-2023 at 03:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Yeah, I agree even though Bernie was so good last season. I’m curious to see him as a striker though. Is he a 6 million dollar striker?… if he scores and helps get Insigne in on roll it’d be better than shopping him with much of his salary likely to be on books (to go along with the 1.4 (?) million we are still paying Jozy.)

Edit: I admit I like Kerr (based on his performances last year and this) as a winger. Was also true of Saturday. Leave him on the right with Insigne on the other side and Bernie in the middle. Kerr will probably learn a ton, and anyway if Carlos Vela is the winger Bradley wants (so dumb in every way to show Bernie video of Vela and Salah) Bernie ain’t that so he may as well use him a striker.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 05-29-2023 at 04:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Yeah, I agree even though Bernie was so good last season. I’m curious to see him as a striker though. Is he a 6 million dollar striker?… if he scores and helps get Insigne in on roll it’d be better than shopping him with much of his salary likely to be on books (to go along with the 1.4 (?) million we are still paying Jozy.)

Edit: I admit I like Kerr (based on his performances last year and this) as a winger. Was also true of Saturday. Leave him on the right with Insigne on the other side and Bernie in the middle. Kerr will probably learn a ton, and anyway if Carlos Vela is the winger Bradley wants (so dumb in every way to show Bernie video of Vela and Salah) Bernie ain’t that so he may as well use him a striker.
    The money is kind of irrelevant. We are stuck with the contract unless he agrees to kill it, so now it's just how to get the best out of him.

I honestly might prefer Kerr on the right. He has pace. He can score, he can dribble. He needs to learn to read and pass the game but that can come.

I'd try Berna as #9 and let him and CJ share that duty.

I don't think it's him playing on the right side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let’s keep in mind while the fans’ view of these events came into play just last week, the parties involved have been quarrelling behind the scenes for much longer.

I put very little stock in public displays like Bradley and Bernie meeting as they went down the tunnel. That shit is nothing more than theatre with each party jostling with the other to look more reasonable in the eyes of those observing.

I think the pin is already out of the grenade and the fallout comes later.

My $0.02 prediction is that Bob and Fede are both finished at the club (as many had already said). But I could see the surprise being that BM appoints a GM / sporting director and either stays hands off in the president role or just manages the argos going forward. New GM starts the cleanup process.