Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post

I may be alone on this board and I know well that when things are going badly the answer is often to fire the coach… but I’d like to see Bob get further with what he’s trying to do. I want to see what he’s trying to do. I know there’s something there for this group I just can’t tell what it is!

Just watch an LAFC game. It's the exact same system. Those players just suit it. And their head coach, Steven Cherundolo, said he has tweaked how they approach games and some tactical decisions from how his predecessor would've handled it. But it's the exact same movement system.

It's not going to work here, period. It requires extremely high talent levels and quickness, across the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I will say this one more time; if Perez is so good then why does he have no job and no employment ever minus when he is with his pal, Armas?

Because he is shit. But he does have a nice website.
    That's brutally unfair. He seemed a good coach to me, given what he was working with.

But he's a youth coach. His entire career before us consisted of a few years with the US youth national team, and then prior to that he was a youth coach in La Liga for a decade.

He has no head coaching experience. But he's not "shit" or "unhirable."

If he can't get a gig here, it might be because he declared himself the interim in a press conference, undermining his GM. But even that I doubt. I imagine he's back to working with young players, and if he isn't already, he will be soon enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That's brutally unfair. He seemed a good coach to me, given what he was working with.

But he's a youth coach. His entire career before us consisted of a few years with the US youth national team, and then prior to that he was a youth coach in La Liga for a decade.

He has no head coaching experience. But he's not "shit" or "unhirable."

If he can't get a gig here, it might be because he declared himself the interim in a press conference, undermining his GM. But even that I doubt. I imagine he's back to working with young players, and if he isn't already, he will be soon enough.
    Maybe but he still hasn't even had lower level experience which tells you something. He is most likely just a X's and O's guy. Watching him speak last season never filled me with any thought that he was a motivator. Motivation to sleep maybe.

Working with kids doesn't always equal pro success and since that's all he's had minus his interim stint here, it looks like other people who do hiring think he doesn't have what it takes at the pro level or even semi-pro either. Maybe he isn't inherently unhirable but until he actually gets hired that's what he is.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 05-10-2023 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never thought of Perez as someone who would be “the guy” but more of an effective interim manager.

What he did show in his short time in charge though was the amount of politics and BS that surrounded our roster which he didn’t seem to care one bit about or whose toes he stepped on. He had the guts to drop Bradley and Altidore from the starting lineup and the team performed when that happened. That’s my lasting memory.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I never thought of Perez as someone who would be “the guy” but more of an effective interim manager.
    He seems to me to be a good assistant type coach in charge of fine tuning tactics and coming up with gameplans under a manager who is more of the motivational sort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the schedule, after Mtl, we have RBNY home and away at Austin. Let’s assume that goes 1-1-1 just for the sake of discussion. And the odds of winning away at Austin on our current form would seem slim.

So, if you were making a coaching change, you eject Bob after Austin, then new guy comes in and gets DC at home, Chicago at home, and Minnesota away. If you ever wanted to give a new guy an easy start, this is it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems to me to be a good assistant type coach in charge of fine tuning tactics and coming up with gameplans under a manager who is more of the motivational sort.
    That's probably fair. He was perhaps too gentle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What he did show in his short time in charge though was the amount of politics and BS that surrounded our roster which he didn’t seem to care one bit about or whose toes he stepped on. He had the guts to drop Bradley and Altidore from the starting lineup and the team performed when that happened. That’s my lasting memory.
    Yeah, and he didn't care about the repurcussions, I loved that he did it...shook things up. And we saw Priso look good until got hurt.

Compare and contrast to Bradley though right now...is not capable and this will be the last gig he gets. just hope he doesn't go upstairs...we need a clean break from Manning and the Bradleys. Enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the schedule, after Mtl, we have RBNY home and away at Austin. Let’s assume that goes 1-1-1 just for the sake of discussion. And the odds of winning away at Austin on our current form would seem slim.

So, if you were making a coaching change, you eject Bob after Austin, then new guy comes in and gets DC at home, Chicago at home, and Minnesota away. If you ever wanted to give a new guy an easy start, this is it.
    I don't know how he survives if we lose the next two games. Mtl speaks for itself. NYRB are terrible this year and their only decent striker is suspended for calling the ref a "monkey" (which I'm told in Belgium really isn't a racist thing, but he's still an idiot).

Austin are struggling this year, too. Really, we should be expecting maximum points out of those three. The team we played yesterday wasn't good, but they were motivated. They just completely outworked us in every area of the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely. Plus the new coach "bounce" will help. The excitement will be back as well.

The thing is, I bet Bradley (is so arrogant and aloof) thinks he is doing a great job still right now...that we are progressing in a "good way"....

The added benefit of firing him is I won't ever hear him say "in a good way" again...gets on my nerves so much...though MB will still use that until he is done here....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    The added benefit of firing him is I won't ever hear him say "in a good way" again...gets on my nerves so much...though MB will still use that until he is done here....
    You're going to start seeing me say it. I'm adding it into the act until Bob's gone. Not like all over the place willy nilly but planned out in a good way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're going to start seeing me say it. I'm adding it into the act until Bob's gone. Not like all over the place willy nilly but planned out in a good way.
    Am hoping manning and bradley are let go in good way today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how he survives if we lose the next two games. Mtl speaks for itself. NYRB are terrible this year and their only decent striker is suspended for calling the ref a "monkey" (which I'm told in Belgium really isn't a racist thing, but he's still an idiot).

Austin are struggling this year, too. Really, we should be expecting maximum points out of those three. The team we played yesterday wasn't good, but they were motivated. They just completely outworked us in every area of the pitch.
    Yeah, fair. This should be an easier stretch, It would be a shame to waste it with Bob continuing as coach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Am hoping manning and bradley are let go in good way today.
    My bet is that it will be Monday. We will lose Saturday and that will give Manning some time stop doing whatever Argos stuff he does and start making calls to his American buddies to take over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bet is that it will be Monday. We will lose Saturday and that will give Manning some time stop doing whatever Argos stuff he does and start making calls to his American buddies to take over.
    He is aware Tata is interested in coming back to MLS, according to my little bird. He sounds like he respects the guy. But my sense is he totally wedded the "rebuild" to hiring Bob, and has sold that to others. His internal line is 'patience', but that was before New England and Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still skeptical we have a chance on Tata, but if we have and we just choose not too...Jesus Christ.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is aware Tata is interested in coming back to MLS, according to my little bird. He sounds like he respects the guy. But my sense is he totally wedded the "rebuild" to hiring Bob, and has sold that to others. His internal line is 'patience', but that was before New England and Montreal.
    Wedding a rebuild to a candidate who is clearly failing is grounds for the sack as well. Just this tidbit equals Manning definitely out of TFC. They can keep him for the Argos and WC or condos, etc. His time here should be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think Bob will be fired after the weekends match as there is a built in excuse… last night Rosted came off injured and by the end of the match the new defender was limping. Which means there are 0 healthy centre backs. So unless TFC looses by 5 plus they will use the injuries as excuse.

with respect to JLoome’s little bird I heard the same thing… manning has tied himself to Bob and the only way change will happen is if they miss the playoffs which is a low bar in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crazy prediction: Greg Vanney will be the new tfc manager

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    I don’t think Bob will be fired after the weekends match as there is a built in excuse… last night Rosted came off injured and by the end of the match the new defender was limping. Which means there are 0 healthy centre backs. So unless TFC looses by 5 plus they will use the injuries as excuse.

with respect to JLoome’s little bird I heard the same thing… manning has tied himself to Bob and the only way change will happen is if they miss the playoffs which is a low bar in this league.
    Jesus Christ, imagine giving someone the absolute top budget in any environment and calling "being in the 38th percentile" a success. Is being in charge of TFC the best job on planet earth? I wish I could get paid that much, be given that much to work with, and have that little pressure to deliver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Jesus Christ, imagine giving someone the absolute top budget in any environment and calling "being in the 38th percentile" a success. Is being in charge of TFC the best job on planet earth? I wish I could get paid that much, be given that much to work with, and have that little pressure to deliver
    manning’s job is even better than bob’s

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

manning’s job is even better than bob’s
    The first tenured president of a company/team ever.

He is eternal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not surprising but it’s also so asinine for MLSE to behave this way it’s unbelievable. How hard is it to set some clear guard rails on performance such that silly situations like the one we are in now can’t happen? It wouldn’t even take much involvement, just really basic governance principals.

They look like a bunch of dupes managing their sports enterprises like this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if tata is interested in coming back need to drive a dumptruck of money to his door and do whatever it takes to get him.

i've been preaching patience for bob as we've had injuries and still building, but it's clearly not working and the injuries look to be based on a systematic issue caused by whatever they are doing (3 starters injured in warmups, 1 in training).

there's still a good season to be had here but if the next few games go poorly they need to make the change. lots of good coaches out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not surprising but it’s also so asinine for MLSE to behave this way it’s unbelievable. How hard is it to set some clear guard rails on performance such that silly situations like the one we are in now can’t happen? It wouldn’t even take much involvement, just really basic governance principals.

They look like a bunch of dupes managing their sports enterprises like this.
    Not surprising at all. They probably do have governance principles, about profit. Considering neither company seems to give a shit about its customers, it doesn’t surprise me in the slightest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    if tata is interested in coming back need to drive a dumptruck of money to his door and do whatever it takes to get him.

i've been preaching patience for bob as we've had injuries and still building, but it's clearly not working and the injuries look to be based on a systematic issue caused by whatever they are doing (3 starters injured in warmups, 1 in training).

there's still a good season to be had here but if the next few games go poorly they need to make the change. lots of good coaches out there.
    I believe he'd be a $1-2 million a year coach, minimum. So they might not do it on that basis alone. But he, or someone just like him, is what we need: someone with a superb international track record who is above all able to handle a disparate dressing room and will adapt his demands to it.

I mean, I'd be up for Bielsa if I didn't think man-to-man football in this league would destroy us with injuries and fatigue. Again, beloved wherever he works. People in Leeds would elect him mayor, if he ran.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to suggest all these injuries are players deliberately tanking Bob, but I do wonder if, when mildly injured, they aren't all 'working to rule', which means being as stickler about recovery as possible, because coming back isn't going to help anything.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe he'd be a $1-2 million a year coach, minimum. So they might not do it on that basis alone. But he, or someone just like him, is what we need: someone with a superb international track record who is above all able to handle a disparate dressing room and will adapt his demands to it.

I mean, I'd be up for Bielsa if I didn't think man-to-man football in this league would destroy us with injuries and fatigue. Again, beloved wherever he works. People in Leeds would elect him mayor, if he ran.
    bielsa would only come in the offseason. you need an offseason for that style to be implemented, but also i dunno if it would work in MLS due to the travel involved and days off involved with that. would be another big risk.

tata or patrick viera would be by bets atm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If MLSE goes with Tata, Viera or any other foreign coach, they need to find a Bez to handle the gm duties

Coach says to GM I need players that fit x profile or suggest actual players… and let them manoeuvre with all of the cap issues and rules the MLS has

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If MLSE goes with Tata, Viera or any other foreign coach, they need to find a Bez to handle the gm duties
    That's what Manning is for