Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only notion I would like to add to any insight jloome has offered through his connect and that seems to be supported by TheGoodson and his connect, is not to discount out of hand anything perhaps relevant that may be being cautiously implied by Andi Petrillo on TFC's current on goings. Obviously, she too may be considered (by a degree and not six) to have a(n) (insider) connect. In a segment of a recent OneSoccer posting, on some of TFC's problems, starting at the 7min mark, she seems to shield her speculation with the coat of 'other media outlets have reported possibly' that some players contentions may involve 1/ that they do not like the fact that BB's son, MB, is on the team, that he is in/shares the locker room, and 2/ the disparity in pay between, as well as, the difference in treatment of, certain players.

https://youtu.be/CJ4BRZ7uTW8
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-12-2023 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Our only real reporter for TFC.

The rest are just glorified advertisers sending out approved messages.
    100%. All shills

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know if I’d go that far, but nobody is winning any awards for having a backbone.

Would it kill anyone to write a piece stating the obvious re: the current state of the club?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Would it kill anyone to write a piece stating the obvious re: the current state of the club?
    Apparently it would. You'd have to think there's some ground to be made if somebody like Molinaro did that. Like for me, I would consider paying for a subscription if there was anything there that was any different than the pieces they used to post of TFC.ca back in the day. I assume press passes get revoked if they don't tow the company line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently it would. You'd have to think there's some ground to be made if somebody like Molinaro did that. Like for me, I would consider paying for a subscription if there was anything there that was any different than the pieces they used to post of TFC.ca back in the day. I assume press passes get revoked if they don't tow the company line.
    Facts. Molinaro is a good dude, but sometime you need to get spicy. The media covering this team have been incredibly soft.

If we continue to loose I cannot wait for the Italian headlines.

"Insigne unsettled"

"Berna regrets American adventure"

"Lex Luthor and son vs Italian super hero's!"
    Last edited by Richard; 05-12-2023 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are a few coaches available now. https://www.transfermarkt.com/traine...iner/statistik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Here are a few coaches available now. https://www.transfermarkt.com/traine...iner/statistik
    Antonio Conte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Bob would be doing himself a favour to resign at this point and leaving Manning to flounder while trying to clean up his part of this mess.

Bob has lost the locker room (guys going around angry and demonstrating with each other makes it obvious), there is no war chest for the summer, we somehow have to retain Layrea just to tread water.

It’s over. There is no “up” from here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think Bob would be doing himself a favour to resign at this point and leaving Manning to flounder while trying to clean up his part of this mess.

Bob has lost the locker room (guys going around angry and demonstrating with each other makes it obvious), there is no war chest for the summer, we somehow have to retain Layrea just to tread water.

It’s over. There is no “up” from here.

He won't go....yet.

BB isn't the solution because his approach to how he wants us to play isn't working & he isn't willing to adjust - which makes him going at the end of this season not inevitable but probable - but BB won't go because of how that game went down tonight.

BTW, he hasn't lost the locker room - guys are angry at themselves & at Montreal.

UP? As somebody said, we are 3 points out of the playoffs. And its making the playoffs or not that will decide when BB goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He won't go....yet.

BB isn't the solution because his approach to how he wants us to play isn't working & he isn't willing to adjust - which makes him going at the end of this season not inevitable but probable - but BB won't go because of how that game went down tonight.

BTW, he hasn't lost the locker room - guys are angry at themselves & at Montreal.

UP? As somebody said, we are 3 points out of the playoffs. And it’s making the playoffs or not that will decide when BB goes.
    Disagree. Teams that have their managers ear aren’t waiving their arms and remonstrating with each other 5 minute into a game with a 0-0 score line.

I am not sure playoffs will save anyone, at least not the low spots. Sports fans are very much on to the fact leagues are now putting gallons of water in the wine just for that bit of extra revenue. NBA fans this year pretty much collectively rebelled against the low playoff spots and some clubs actively tanked to stay out of the playoffs and in the Draft lottery (where you get a chance at a top pick). The raptors fanbase ripped management for even trying to make it when they were on the bubble.

I don’t anyone is buying low playoff spot as a success story or any form of redemption.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2/3 of all teams make the play offs. You get in just for showing up. If that's the expectation after blowing up the cap,. blowing up the roster and spending and $20m on DPs than mlse have lost their minds and I don't think the fans will stand for it. If we lose on Wednesday it's going to be ugly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    2/3 of all teams make the play offs. You get in just for showing up. If that's the expectation after blowing up the cap and $20m on DPs than mlse have lost their minds
    Not saying its what it should be but I'm pretty sure that is how BB is going to be judged.

This whole "I think he should be fired now" thing is not all that realistic.

This is a deathwatch thread - as I said, I don't think this is going to work out and I would be surprised if BB is still managing TFC by the end of 2024. But to me, the "Its not good enough" line is dependent upon what "enough" means and thus the timeline for when BB goes is not all that much about current results...yet.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-13-2023 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not saying its what it should be but I'm pretty sure that is how BB is going to be judged.

This whole "I think he should be fired now" thing is not all that realistic.
    He should be fired is absolutely realistic. He will be fired isn't, sadly. But he should be. He was given absolutely everything, no person in MLS history has been given more resources and backing to put together their vision, and this is what we have. He should be fired.

The only hope of it happening if we get hit at the gate, which is a creeping possibility, or our DPs try to go over his head. The latter is our best bet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its jus not his coaching.his recruiting has been horrible,i sure dont want this guy getting another window

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t see how it will help. We have had more failures in charge than successes. People wanted Vanney out too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if Bob is still here Wednesday vs NYRB then he is here for the long haul and then our only positive going forward is that they'll have to roll the season memberships back to year one pricing again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Radical tactical shift idea. Bernardeschi has played 38 games on the LEFT side and has 15 goals in those games, a higher ratio (albeit 120 fewer games) than from the right.

He also has 10 goals in 30 as a second striker.

We should switch to a bog-simple 4-4-2.

We should play Insigne wide left, laryea wide right, Bernardeschi up top left and slightly behind Sapong.

We concentrate on playing in a more (old-fashioned) Euro style, to make it easier for the DPs to shine, and to make defending as simple as maintaining a single zone.

We have a big, strong target man forward. Put Bernardeschi next to him AND on the same side as Insigne, so they have each other to play off ALL THE TIME.

---------------------Sapong-----------
    ------Bernardeschi--------------------
    Insigne---Kaye--Servania----Laryea
    Petretta--Rosted--Hedges--Franklin
    ------------Johnson

We play super direct. We either headman to Sapong to knock down and hold up, or we drop it behind him for Bernardeschi to wrangle. We have Insigne take the space -- go outside and take the ball near the goalline for a cross, or if they give him space inside, he can pinch in and give and go with Bernadeschi. On the other side. Larea can interplay with Servania and Sapong to advance, still make his customary run to the line, and we have two extra targets on the other side when he crosses in.

We have been asking the two DPS, who are football machines, to play like artistes, to always create things, to do too much. They're both technically brilliant. Let's say Insigne gets pushed outside all game and does nothing but put crosses in; how perfect are some of those going to be? And how many chances will they create compared to what he's doing now?

The center mids play as a double pivot, both conservative, like two hybrid 6/8, mostly only stepping up to press a lead pass or player, or to support the winger if he's trapped.

Much simpler, more direct, more positionally basic. Also something they've all played a million times. We have two muscular strikers and right now, we only really use them to try and win goal kicks.

It's boring as shit to watch, but I bet dollars to donuts it would be more effective than what we're doing now.
    Last edited by jloome; 05-13-2023 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob's too smart and forward thinking to do an old school 4-4-2.

All we need is our guys back from injury and a few weeks to gel and we'll be ready for long playoff run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about ... Jimmy Brennan as coach?

That'd be interesting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if they don't win at home on wednesday we could be in the final throes of the Bob Bradley era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have billions. They just want fiscal responsibility because Insigne doesn't look value.

But what they need to do it shell for a sure thing like Tata. I mean, I'd take any half-way decent manager right now.

The petulance at the end of both games does not speak well of the dressing room atmosphere.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    They have billions. They just want fiscal responsibility because Insigne doesn't look value.

But what they need to do it shell for a sure thing like Tata. I mean, I'd take any half-way decent manager right now.

The petulance at the end of both games does not speak well of the dressing room atmosphere.
    being honest, it looks to be all falling apart right now and if the next couple of results are bad i can see them making some major changes (and rightly so).

the season is still salvageable, we are a couple of good results away from a playoff spot. shouldn't wait til it's too late.

watching that game tonight you couldn't really see us ever scoring.

we're not getting our best players in the positions to be dangerous. it's very bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if the other way of looking at the fact were 3 points out from a playoff spot is that there's still plenty of talent, time and the trump card of a new manager win bump (if the team really is half checked out with the current setup). I know the main argument is BB will be given the time and respect to fight his way back up the rankings, but damned to consider if our injuries go away, were still only 3-4 points out - the value of a Tata M. coming in with positive vibes and getting the folks excited to play attacking straight forward football again. As folks have said on here - he's a short term project type of a coach but if TFC brass aren't meeting their objectives and need a last ditch way to save their asses from their comfy position, could be a short term 'chips all in' type of play if it meant being kept off chopping block.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my long-shot idea of trading JMR to the Columbus Crew for the opportunity of talking to and signing Wilfried Nancy just kicked the bucket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Radical tactical shift idea… It's boring as shit to watch, but I bet dollars to donuts it would be more effective than what we're doing now.
    Do not always agree with you, but I really enjoy, and appreciate, this kind of read; ideas and comments. Albeit, BB did, once again, attempt a try- that I thought in of itself was interesting- at something different tonight; it’s just frustrating that for some time it has again and again felt too little too late. That he has missed better opportunities to tinker with a more robust complement and that he is now being forced by very unfortunate circumstances to adapt and even then still demonstrating a penchant for in-match inflexibility. Sort of like being boxed in on the pitch at a corner flag; options at break-out or for possession get really limited, really quick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having doubts about the idea BB and BM are each safe until the off-season; either because of the player injuries or because TFC are still a match or two from play-off contention. I suspect a meaningful run at Leagues Cup has been all but abandoned; with the CC, that’s two championships lost. I think, if you accept Michael Singh’s recent assertion that the spend has been reigned in by the MLSE board, ergo, you must accept that someone on their Board is paying attention and that there is at least a scrutinizing degree of oversight. Then, if that is the case, I find it hard pressed that most individuals on their Board are not aware of TFC’s ongoings and do not care. It is not just about any bottom line, it is also about being aware what may eventually impact or jeopardize those earnings; fiduciary responsibility. The MLSE Board is made up mostly of Media people. It’s a part of their occupation to be somewhat abreast of current events; they deal daily in communication/tech and information/content. For the other successful members, business may be about more than performance, it may be about relationships. Such relationships are fostered not only by delivering on business needs but by social conversation, about the economy, politics, and entertainment which involves sport. For all these investors or their representatives, aside from being a business, sports franchises are entities of pride. Think pets, and analogy wise, people usually care a lot about all aspects of their pets’ health. They prefer they thrive; that they have a relatively healthy and happy existence. I would then find it incredulous if options about TFC’s situation are not being at least discussed informally or even formally amongst the directors themselves.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-14-2023 at 01:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    if they don't win at home on wednesday we could be in the final throes of the Bob Bradley era.
    Of course they will win, not because they may play a lot better than in the last 3 matches, but because the ShiteBulls are also a cringe team.
    An this will keep Bob firmly in his seat until the end of the season at least, no matter if in the next 10 matches they will win a single time...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Of course they will win, not because they may play a lot better than in the last 3 matches, but because the ShiteBulls are also a cringe team.
    An this will keep Bob firmly in his seat until the end of the season at least, no matter if in the next 10 matches they will win a single time...
    Lol. TFC not beating NYRB Wednesday. We'll at best get about 2 shots on goal and our squad, especially with the young guys, will fold more than usual under the press. Best possibility is a draw but that seems very unlikely at this stage. If things stay as is I don't see a win coming until after the LC break when in theory, we will have a healthy squad. Even with a healthy squad we're probably around as good as we were earlier this season so a 3-3-6 record in those last 12 matches seems possible.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 05-14-2023 at 06:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please guys, tell me Bradley was fired on the spot at the final whistle and didn't fly back with the team?

Enough of this clown...he is destroying this team.

I hope this morning, the Italians go to MLSE and demand he is gone (and Manning). And I hope they are listened too.

3 wins out of our last 20 games....and the first one of that was last July.

Enough of this useless, incompetent moron at the helm. The players have clearly tuned him out.

Highest payroll in the league, and back at the bottom on the backs of last year's playoff miss. He and Manning are literally sucking the life out of this club. Enough of this s.hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. TFC not beating NYRB Wednesday. We'll at best get about 2 shots on goal and our squad, especially with the young guys, will fold more than usual under the press. Best possibility is a draw but that seems very unlikely at this stage. If things stay as is I don't see a win coming until after the LC break when in theory, we will have a healthy squad. Even with a healthy squad we're probably around as good as we were earlier this season so a 3-3-6 record in those last 12 matches seems possible.
    I mean RBNY is about as easy a game as you get in this league. Sure, maybe they get a new-coach bump but otherwise they are pretty hopeless looking.

I know we are bad, injured, and demoralized, but crazier things have happened.