Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill Mannings last gasp attempt to save his job could be convincing MLSE that Antonio Conte is the answer. Otherwise, he and Bob leave together.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conte isn't the answer either - he's pretty dogmatic about a few things which is one reason why his squads tune him out.

&

He ain't coming for less then 4 million a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I couldn't get Tata, I'd hire Luke Garrard, the manager of non-league team Boreham Wood in England.

In two years, he's taken a team with no budget to the fifth round of the FA Cup, including beating Bournemouth and Wimbledon, and they were within injury time of knocking Wrexham out of first place in their last game of the season, despite his most expensive player making 20K per year.

That's fucking impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Conte isn't the answer either - he's pretty dogmatic about a few things which is one reason why his squads tune him out.

&

He ain't coming for less then 4 million a year.
    no way the board would ever pay that,not when they are still paying mannings other failings.
    a longshot is GATTUSO,iaccording to wiki d amigo was his agent when he was a player,and spent some rime in toronto in the past

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the Fede interview after only having gone off the quotes. That body language is something else. Yeah I don’t know… back the truck up for Tata Martino tomorrow and have him bring his whole staff, plan for him to make an exit 1.5 seasons from now, and have the next manager already chosen. One last Band-Aid guys…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Just watched the Fede interview after only having gone off the quotes. That body language is something else. Yeah I don’t know… back the truck up for Tata Martino tomorrow and have him bring his whole staff, plan for him to make an exit 1.5 seasons from now, and have the next manager already chosen. One last Band-Aid guys…
    tata would want some of his players.at least 2 argentine mids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    tata would want some of his players.at least 2 argentine mids

We could use two argentine mids....

Fuck it. Get Tata and have him convince Lanzini to come here for 2 years. Make a run for it.
    Last edited by SenorDingDong; 05-22-2023 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Patrick Vieira is somehow in the mix. MLS experience, the Italians would respect him. He put in a pretty decent shift at CPFC.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I wonder if Patrick Vieira is somehow in the mix. MLS experience, the Italians would respect him. He put in a pretty decent shift at CPFC.
    He did. The media consensus seemed to be he was let go too early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vieira would be such an astute hire. Gotta think we would need to him control over the roster to sway him back over to North America though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Vieira would be such an astute hire. Gotta think we would need to him control over the roster to sway him back over to North America though.
    I was thinking he wouldn’t want to commit, given the kind of options he has -we just pay him a wad of cash to stabilize things, and we would let him go back to Europe at season's end.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where there is smoke...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vieira would be such an astute hire.
    That's why it won't happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kaylyn Kyles only source close to TFC is Richie FWIW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    She was the first one to report he was open to returning to TFC mere months after he transferred to Nottingham.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where there is smoke...
    Spe18 posted a link to the full segment (go back one page). It's worth watching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody understand which managers Andrea D’Amico represents?
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    no way the board would ever pay that,not when they are still paying mannings other failings.
    a longshot is GATTUSO,iaccording to wiki d amigo was his agent when he was a player,and spent some rime in toronto in the past
    In this situation, I would have to pass on the following Italians for different reasons… but, yes, D’Amico has been involved with both Gattuso and Pirlo. Cannavaro is from Naples; knows Lollo well enough. Conte may not get past league approval. IIRC, he was found guilty in his past of being aware of match-fixing by one of his assistants; the European mentality verses NAmerican one on this subject may be different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    She's married to Harrison Heath, Adrian Heath's son, and they have numerous other MLS friends/connections. It could literally be almost anyone there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if her only source is Richie, that's a pretty good source to give us the state of the locker room

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spent some time post-match and yesterday morning trying to understand the circumstances of Lollo’s absence. I really hope the ‘source’ mentioned by Kaylen Kyle is not ‘Teddy’; from last night! Or throwing Andi Petrillo et al under the bus again.

https://twitter.com/Toronto_Sports/s...81277263831042

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Spent some time post-match and yesterday morning trying to understand the circumstances of Lollo’s absence. I really hope the ‘source’ mentioned by Kaylen Kyle is not ‘Teddy’; from last night! Or throwing Andi Petrillo et al under the bus again.

https://twitter.com/Toronto_Sports/s...81277263831042

I seriously doubt Kyle is quoting "Teddy."
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 05-22-2023 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Spe18 posted a link to the full segment (go back one page). It's worth watching.
    Thank you. That is even more damning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who goes first...LI or BB.and if BM is still standing after this i will be pissed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Then you just don't use that guy's quotes. You don't deliberately mischaracterize them, that's an asinine move that assumes no one who sees the team "version" will see the larger context.

Don't put something out that reiterates what a corporate scumbag you are. THat's a bad idea in any context, but most particularly when it's ENTIRELY UNNECESSARY.
    Yes, true. It’s totally reversing Bernie’s idea, it’s countering him. I don’t imagine he’ll appreciate it. I think one is rarely quoted entirely accurately in a newspaper (that had been my experience) but to have your general idea turned inside out by your own employer, no less, is low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I seriously doubt Kyle is quoting "Teddy."
    EDIT: Clarification/s

Maybe. Though Kaylan Kyle does reference there are ‘reports’; at the time, before her/these statements were even published/uploaded, as far as I am aware, on the internet- social medias, other than Reddit, my Toronto-centric citation from an untrustworthy, falsehood filled, nonsense account shared by me for the point of it, was pretty much that only kind of reference out there. I am not impressed by KK. Andi Petrillo was the first to break Richie’s desired return to TFC and KK threw her colleague/friend under the bus with the you got it wrong girl cause ‘we are friends’ (I am friends with Richie) card. Not sure about how ‘friendly’ that source/Richie is to KK. AP’s reporting on the matter was accurate; KK's was not.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-23-2023 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Clarification/s & Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the dp mutiny is happening, then. I don't see how Bradley survives this. If they can't work together, canning him is alot cheaper and alot more likely to have the support of the fans then canning the Italians. I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't see next week, and I'd be amazed if he did, we lost, and he stayed on. The main question now is what happens the squad, how the locker room sees this and what happens with our captain. This could be a mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne was in Austin but refuses to play, Bernie pulled after 67 mins for a TFC 2 debutante and then reports quite clearly that the coach is the problem and there is no idea of football being given to the players. I think it was very foolish of Manning to have signed these two and Bradley at once. If you’re making Bradley the GM you don’t fill his DP slots for him with guys that sell tickets and make buzz but don’t suit him and are on staggering money.

But I also don’t see how Bradley stays. Vierra would be a good hire but not sure he’d come for more than a couple of half seasons. I’d expect he’d be gone as soon as someone better came calling. Tata is also short term but maybe a season and a half and at least he’s said he’d like to return to the league. But please spare us the US old boys network. That would be just as depressing as what we have and anyway it’s got to be someone that the Italians respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given how few friendlies Canada plays, you have to imagine John Herdman has some time on his hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Well the dp mutiny is happening, then. I don't see how Bradley survives this. If they can't work together, canning him is alot cheaper and alot more likely to have the support of the fans then canning the Italians. I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't see next week, and I'd be amazed if he did, we lost, and he stayed on. The main question now is what happens the squad, how the locker room sees this and what happens with our captain. This could be a mess.
    Yeah, wow, our captain. What a mess indeed. Thankful that he’s out long term….

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Given how few friendlies Canada plays, you have to imagine John Herdman has some time on his hands.
    Uh no.

There is little to no indication that Herdman gets his players to play "to" his tactics. He has adapted his tactics to his squad. That's doable & a good idea at the MNT level where there isn't much time to practice together - at club level, that is a recipe for losing.