Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a lot of group think going on in here that is not shared in places where this decision would be made.

If I were to put an odds up for a loss Saturday meaning a BB firing next week, i'd say its 30-1.

Hey, I'm not suggesting we don't have issues that a change in manager might fix - just I'm pretty darn sure BM is not firing BB yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hey, I'm not suggesting we don't have issues that a change in manager might fix - just I'm pretty darn sure BM is not firing BB yet.
    Only because it would reflect poorly on him that all his hires (Curtis, Armas, Bradley) were all terrible and the team keeps getting reduced to ground zero after all his hires fail. He gets no credit on Vanney. He wasn't here when he got hired to TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There's a lot of group think going on in here that is not shared in places where this decision would be made.

If I were to put an odds up for a loss Saturday meaning a BB firing next week, i'd say its 30-1.

I am pretty sure if Bob is fired, Bill is going with him. Also, have a hard time believing it would happen before the end of the season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I am pretty sure if Bob is fired, Bill is going with him. Also, have a hard time believing it would happen before the end of the season.
    Normally I would say yes but the ire from this season has spread to the normal fans and even random sports people and websites. It's getting some play in mainstream American media and social media accounts (the fight, the megaphone, the fan's anger).

Even the fattest MLSE fat cat knows all about this now. No way to avoid it and this so far, is the ugliest overall stream of frustration I have ever seen aimed at the club and it promises to only get worse. No chance the locker room isn't lost after this. I think soon the toxicity will make holding out until the off season untenable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember reading the TFC season predictions by the soccer analyst's with most of them saying we were a bottom feeder.

Well looks like that wasn't as absurd of a prediction.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley getting sacked is likely longer odds than we hope unless there is a good replacement ready to slide in. They wont do an Armas -> Perez type move which basically throws the towel in on the year.

That being said, MLSE brass must have had CL participation priced into the Insigne & Bernie spend. CCL is a stated goal for the club - crashing out again, in round 1 should have people very unsettled. Now maybe we have a shot to qualify in the final year of Insignes contract? That's a huge misfire. (Playing like this we won't have a chance in hell at leagues cup qualification when MX teams are in the mix).

Bradley has had a lot of input on this roster construction and it's not working or showing signs of improvement. The last 180 minutes at BMO have been aimless football. Are Insigne, Berna, Kaye etc. all suddenly that bad or are we not getting the most out of them due to coaching.

I don't think it's an unappealing gig - some cap issues but some big name players and an open DP slot for the summer window. The optimist in me believes the right coach with a few smart moves in the summer could have us do a Seattle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Just watch an LAFC game. It's the exact same system. Those players just suit it. And their head coach, Steven Cherundolo, said he has tweaked how they approach games and some tactical decisions from how his predecessor would've handled it. But it's the exact same movement system.

It's not going to work here, period. It requires extremely high talent levels and quickness, across the board.
    How can you have a system and be so clueless about how it works? Other than the Italians (which is a big ‘other’, I know) it’s Bob making the acquisitions. Don’t you think there is a chance that he’s finding players that he thinks he can work with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    How can you have a system and be so clueless about how it works? Other than the Italians (which is a big ‘other’, I know) it’s Bob making the acquisitions. Don’t you think there is a chance that he’s finding players that he thinks he can work with?
    I suspect he believes he can make any decent player effective in it, as he had several young stars (like Opoku) who adapted to it.

But to my mind there are locker room issues here that are going to prevent him having any positive impact.

His son being the captain continues to be a major discomfort thing, I'm sure, regardless of what players say publicly. They can't talk openly in the locker room, because they know what happened to prior players Michael didn't like. Let's face it, Bradley had no way of knowing to go after Pozuelo, Lawrence and Auro Jr without his son telling him who the "troublemakers" were.

On top of that, he is an old-school "tell it like it is" coach. He does not mince words, suck up or blow smoke. But he also has no softer side, that I can see. He is not motivating these guys to win.

Now, it's possible that was also the case in LA. They had the right players for the system, but they were nowhere near as dominant under him as they are under Cherundolo. It's night and day.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Crazy prediction: Greg Vanney will be the new tfc manager
    Could have some fun with this and bring back the old 5-3-2. Let the Italians do whatever they need to up front.

-----------------Johnson-----------
    --------O'neill - Hedges - Rosted---------
    --Laryea --------------------------Petretta
    -----------------Bradley--------------------
    ------------Kaye---------- Osorio----------
    -----------------------Insigne-------------
    ----------------Berna----------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think a little bird is needed to know that Bradley was hired and given carte blanch (including the sporting directorship) and he’s still in that period.

In Europe (or even at LAFC) he’d for sure be gone - change is almost a kind of raisin d’être. But at MLSE, for Manning, it’s too uncomfortable, stirs up too much dust. He’s already sold a line of patience and continuity as well as the promise that Bob was the best hire possible for the long term.

And if it was Tata, his average is 13 months at club teams. There would have to be a new sporting director hire as well, and then very soon the whole thing would have to be done over again. It’s unlikely Manning or MLSE wants to get into that. Maybe something happens but I doubt it. And if we make the playoffs, unless the Italians mutiny, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Bradley gets another season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think a little bird is needed to know that Bradley was hired and given carte blanch (including the sporting directorship) and he’s still in that period.

In Europe (or even at LAFC) he’d for sure be gone - change is almost a kind of raisin d’être. But at MLSE, for Manning, it’s too uncomfortable, stirs up too much dust. He’s already sold a line of patience and continuity as well as the promise that Bob was the best hire possible for the long term.

And if it was Tata, his average is 13 months at club teams. There would have to be a new sporting director hire as well, and then very soon the whole thing would have to be done over again. It’s unlikely Manning or MLSE wants to get into that. Maybe something happens but I doubt it. And if we make the playoffs, unless the Italians mutiny, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Bradley gets another season.
    I think the Italians mutiny or asking to leave town is a strong possibility. Either way, it seriously dents BM and MB’s prospects. These guys aren’t going to roll over and die like this (I would hope, they would definitely have their agents do some arm twisting).

The other thing that’s going to burn both of the bald men is renewals. There is no story that’s going to save this club this off-season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the 13 months thing is as much of an issue when a manager is in his Sixties. Until now, he's been in constant demand. I know Leeds approached him, but that's the only job he's been hyped for since Mexico, and he came out himself about managing in MLS again. He probably wasn't happy that Leeds called him eighth or ninth, either.

So I think they could get him on a longer deal. At least that way, if someone scooped him, they'd have to buyout his deal and compensate MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think the Italians mutiny or asking to leave town is a strong possibility. Either way, it seriously dents BM and MB’s prospects. These guys aren’t going to roll over and die like this (I would hope, they would definitely have their agents do some arm twisting).

The other thing that’s going to burn both of the bald men is renewals. There is no story that’s going to save this club this off-season.
    You should see the broader online forums on social media. The number of people saying "I'm out, immediately, unless he's gone," is significant.

And I still dispute the view that attendance for all these games is accurate, and not some fiction based on tickets sold. Because on TV, for the last two home games against New England and Montreal, it has looked half empty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi10 View Post
    Could have some fun with this and bring back the old 5-3-2. Let the Italians do whatever they need to up front.

-----------------Johnson-----------
    --------O'neill - Hedges - Rosted---------
    --Laryea --------------------------Petretta
    -----------------Bradley--------------------
    ------------Kaye---------- Osorio----------
    -----------------------Insigne-------------
    ----------------Berna----------------------
    Replace O'neill with Mabika and im sold!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect he believes he can make any decent player effective in it, as he had several young stars (like Opoku) who adapted to it.

But to my mind there are locker room issues here that are going to prevent him having any positive impact.

His son being the captain continues to be a major discomfort thing, I'm sure, regardless of what players say publicly. They can't talk openly in the locker room, because they know what happened to prior players Michael didn't like. Let's face it, Bradley had no way of knowing to go after Pozuelo, Lawrence and Auro Jr without his son telling him who the "troublemakers" were.

On top of that, he is an old-school "tell it like it is" coach. He does not mince words, suck up or blow smoke. But he also has no softer side, that I can see. He is not motivating these guys to win.

Now, it's possible that was also the case in LA. They had the right players for the system, but they were nowhere near as dominant under him as they are under Cherundolo. It's night and day.
    I agree that there are probably locker room issues and even if not, MB is likely to always be a major blind spot for his father.

Night and day with Cherundolo? That’s going too far. Until that last season Bradley’s winning percentage there was not unlike Cherundolo’s or was better. Even at the end Bradley’s overall winning percentage was around 60%. And Cherundolo hasn’t been there long.

Also, record expansion team points for Bradley (for the 2nd time in the league), record points for a season, supporters shield, Champion’s league final. We aren’t playing well and last season was, to me, a bad joke, but there wasn’t a lot of ‘night’ for Bradley in LA. Even that the club chose to keep the system once Bradley moved on says something. Normally, there isn’t any devotion to continuity between managers in this league (outside large companies with set corporate identities that prefigure the league - Red Bull especially and Emirates work hard globally at continuity of ‘brand’.)

If there is any lesson to be had from this league it’s that success is often something of a mystery and almost impossible to keep up. Teams go from top to bottom so often, even with the same staff. Or Champions League winners and missing the playoffs at once. It’s all very fragile. Watching the Premier League or supporting a no hoper English club in a far off lower league is a lot easier, me thinks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should see the broader online forums on social media. The number of people saying "I'm out, immediately, unless he's gone," is significant.
    Yeah this has gone way past "oh the hardcores are pissed off for some reason " type of vibe that came up during the Armas debacle. This one is mean and widespread. It isn't going away and it's not going to get any better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather it's BB, BM or the MLSE Board, it will require one of them to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is any lesson to be had from this league it’s that success is often something of a mystery and almost impossible to keep up.
    Also, they have a stronger lineup, with better players in almost every position, and balance.

That's pretty important. Maybe his system would work here if it truly started from scratch. But that's not going to happen, not with a need for DPs who sell seats and Canadian players who are decent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Am hoping manning and bradley are let go in good way today.
    I wholeheartedly second this. In a side note I owe you a public apology. In the not so distant past I have thrown jabs and sarcasm your way, even made accusations towards you that looking back were extremely unfair. I had thought your were just, for the lack of a better word, a troll on here to cause trouble with your attacks on Bradley. I have defended him, given him the benefit of the doubt, preached patience all in the hopes of seeing stability and the glory days returning to the club. I can see know that I was completely in the wrong and you had saw something that I missed and refused to see. Bradley is unfit for the position and needs to be removed immediately.

I was man enough to say those things earlier and I am man enough to acknowledge just how wrong I was. Once again, I offer you my most sincerest of apologies.

Bradley and Manning Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I wholeheartedly second this. In a side note I owe you a public apology. In the not so distant past I have thrown jabs and sarcasm your way, even made accusations towards you that looking back were extremely unfair. I had thought your were just, for the lack of a better word, a troll on here to cause trouble with your attacks on Bradley. I have defended him, given him the benefit of the doubt, preached patience all in the hopes of seeing stability and the glory days returning to the club. I can see know that I was completely in the wrong and you had saw something that I missed and refused to see. Bradley is unfit for the position and needs to be removed immediately.

I was man enough to say those things earlier and I am man enough to acknowledge just how wrong I was. Once again, I offer you my most sincerest of apologies.

Bradley and Manning Out!

No worries, all water under the bridge. We all want the best for this team.

Bradley still hasn't been fired, Manning neither...am hoping after we lose in Montreal (hope not but would be a shock if we won) * its over and they are both gone. Enough is enough.

* When was the last time we actually won a road game? Seems like forever ago....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting and FWIW…

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Interesting and FWIW…

Which drops to a clean 1.0 if we just look at 2023.

12 pts in 11 MLS games + Tuesday's loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi10 View Post
    Bradley getting sacked is likely longer odds than we hope unless there is a good replacement ready to slide in. They wont do an Armas -> Perez type move which basically throws the towel in on the year.

That being said, MLSE brass must have had CL participation priced into the Insigne & Bernie spend. CCL is a stated goal for the club - crashing out again, in round 1 should have people very unsettled. Now maybe we have a shot to qualify in the final year of Insignes contract? That's a huge misfire. (Playing like this we won't have a chance in hell at leagues cup qualification when MX teams are in the mix).

Bradley has had a lot of input on this roster construction and it's not working or showing signs of improvement. The last 180 minutes at BMO have been aimless football. Are Insigne, Berna, Kaye etc. all suddenly that bad or are we not getting the most out of them due to coaching.

I don't think it's an unappealing gig - some cap issues but some big name players and an open DP slot for the summer window. The optimist in me believes the right coach with a few smart moves in the summer could have us do a Seattle.
    This I truly agree

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I note that our second best manager ever, who is today only 51 years old, is currently managing something called Chester-Le-Street Town, in the 10th tier of English football...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_...tball_manager)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I note that our second best manager ever, who is today only 51 years old, is currently managing something called Chester-Le-Street Town, in the 10th tier of English football...

He would do better than Bob if he started here next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    No worries, all water under the bridge. We all want the best for this team.

Bradley still hasn't been fired, Manning neither...am hoping after we lose in Montreal (hope not but would be a shock if we won) * its over and they are both gone. Enough is enough.

* When was the last time we actually won a road game? Seems like forever ago....

bro please manage your expecations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm banking on Italian mutiny. Still surprised D'Amico hasn't started leaking coaching links to Italian press.

I fully expect to hear a Gattuso rumor soon enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Call me crazy, but if we HAD to hire a former manager (which I don’t think we should do) this is the route I’d take. Players coach, got the most out of the guys he had to work with in adverse circumstances with very little support from management.

The only other decent option is Vanney and think that’s just too much recent history. TFC needs a little more of a fresh look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I'm banking on Italian mutiny. Still surprised D'Amico hasn't started leaking coaching links to Italian press.

I think the mutiny has happened on the pitch already. I don't think they're playing under any of Bob's direction right now. That's a big part of the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

Gattuso when someone doesn't track back.