Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    That can't happen. Fuck the lot of them. If we had to hang onto anyone I would pick Bernardeschi because at least he's useful. Can't say that about the rest but still. We need nuclear ground zero here like 2014.
    I agree. Bernie is the one who deserves to stay, but I will continue to be a broken record on this - Michael Bradley is the most powerful figure in TFC history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I agree. Bernie is the one who deserves to stay, but I will continue to be a broken record on this - Michael Bradley is the most powerful figure in TFC history.
    I think that was true (and I never understood why) but I don't think the stink from this will avoid anyone...I don't see a big player on the Tfc hierarchy whose situation isn't worse after the publishing of this article
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 05-26-2023 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a bombshell of an article. Will be very intersting to watch mls 360 tomorrow to see how this is spun within MLS circles.

I can't imagine how bad this must really be behind the scenes, we're only getting a sneak peak. Just imagine what was going on before for Soteldo, Pozuelo and so many others to get pushed out.

If MLSE cares about this team whatsoever they need to clean house and bring someone in with actual experience and skill to build a team. To me this has to be a total culture shift, move completely away from the North American landscape and bring someone in with fresh ideas that are made for football, European pedigree. If they then choose to hire Canadians or Amercans as part of their staff, sure, whatever but I want to see a real change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are any of these Spurs candidates, Pirlo aside, worth TFC’s consideration?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty funny reading first couple of pages and the pages now...
    Time to let go of the BB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    Pretty funny reading first couple of pages and the pages now...
    Time to let go of the BB.
    I got this Deathwatch right. It's gonna happen. Now it's just fascinating/agonizing to see how long MLSE can sit there with their thumbs up their arses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaks to having no direction and no set identity. Nobody really seems to know what they should be doing at any time and that shows in the slowness, the lack of movement, and the poor passing choices. Also looks like we're under drilled because even a mediocre press throws us into scrambling chaos.
    I particularly enjoyed this one. U&P, it's like you're an honorary Italian now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Ora stiamo parlando!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the deathwatch should be added to the manning thread.he is the main culprit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    It’s worse than the most negative takes on this board speculated.
    This pretty much. Where can we possibly go from here? How can anyone actually bring this group of players back together?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Also, really really hard to imagine Richie staying now.
    If he has any sense of self preservation he should flee this sinking ship. Has options. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bid come in for him. Now that Forrest are staying up Richie will fall further down the depth chart as I'm sure they will spend big again this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I’ll admit. I was certainly one to be willing to give BB time. He had the pedigree of winning teams and seemed to have mostly positive reviews on his coaching stints. I was willling to give him a lot of slack to finish the project because I would rather go forward with a proven winner and fail vs restart with an unknown.
    All that said, we’re at the point we need a restart. I don’t think we know 100% whether MB and the DPs need to go as well, but it’s enough that BB (and probably BM need to go). Even if BB’s coaching strategies have worked previously they are not working with the current team. Either change the team or change the manager. And it’s a lot easier to change the manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read The Athletic article. Not much to add to the many pages on this board but it always amazes me how totally lacking in understanding and nuance people in power can be. Manning’s ‘put two great players together with a great manager and how can you go wrong?’ is so crass. Yes, if those three people respect and understand each other and their talents truly compliment each other. But that’s really a very different thing than being “great”. What the fuck is that kind of reasoning for someone in his position?

Also, sorry but the VP (or wherever he is) choosing 100% of the DPs at sky high wages and then giving the manager the Sporting Directorship has nothing to do with an arm’s length approach. Instead it’s a blueprint for fucking up the whole thing.

Not at all supporting Bob Bradley here at all and I think he should be fired, but Manning really should be understood to take a lot of the blame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ora stiamo parlando! EDIT: < Now we are talkin'! >
    U&P, sei uno de nojantri! < U&P, you are one of us others! >

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO, well, yeah, opportunistic. Seems all sorts of innuendo, rumours, stories have been floating around back channels for some time. She seems to be the individual that grasped the one that helped lite the fuse that has finally blown this squad apart publicly.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-27-2023 at 05:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew this was coming when Brad Bobley was signed. At this point Manning, the Bradley's and MAK have to go. BB is inflexible, lacks tactics and can't build a proper roster. MB and MAK aren't trusted from the players.

FO and BB got rid of Poz, Auro, Lawrence, Shaff, MacNaughton and Delgado. Lost Criscito. Failed signing of Salcedo. I think the team also came into the season with 1 striker. I remember last season the team had no experienced or proper FBs too. Poz was always played out of position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvlcPOesdls
    Really good look from OneSoccer on the current ongoings (just mute Wheeler). Always like listening to Platt talk TFC.
    In contrast with Molinaro all three called Berna's comments as a direct shot at BB (which I think nearly everyone on this board agrees with).
    This guy is beyond words ridiculous. How one's general sense and culture of football can be this bad?

(Later added comment): If this is the average footy sense and culture of the USA and Canada general public, it's the main reason why MLS will not be among the best 8 leagues of the world in my lifetime at least (I am closer to 60 than 50...).

Or he's just a shill paid by MLSE?
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-27-2023 at 06:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Tried to warn you to mute Wheeler haha
    I should have listened, lol...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're just massively overvalued relative to potential revenue. I mean, take away all the capital write-downs across the league and most of the clubs actually do make money, but we're talking in the tens of millions, not the hundreds.

The global hump that they're trying to cross by getting Apple involved, where there are new fans in other countries driving wider viewership and TV revenue, will never happen anyway until they start respecting pro/rel and spending evenly across rosters. Even then, the innate bias against "American soccer" is much greater than they seem to realize, particularly in English-speaking countries.

They have driven franchise valuations to the point where they're asking more than it would cost to buy half the teams in the Premier League, teams with potentially billions in revenue.

It'll only end badly unless they make league wide changes to appeal to potential viewers. If we can't beat the top 15 leagues on the pitch, we're not going to do it on the bottom line, either.
    This is a great post!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    While we wade through the sea of nuclear fall-out today I would just like to remind everyone that the season isn't over. It doest have to be doom and gloom.

We're literally a couple wins away from contention. So with that said we can still bring in a Wworld class manager in the next couple weeks and salvage the season.

It's time for Bob and Michael to go along with Manning.

Need a full clean out like the days of Anselmi, Bernie, Cochrane and MO.
    Yeah, fully agree with this... all because how ridiculously this MLS competition is set up.
    You can be a horrible team in half of the season, then a bit better like the average, to catch a last playoffs spot, and then you can win the MLS cup.

Seriously, TFC could still win the whole thing this year. (I'm not drunk! )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Or he's just a shill paid by MLSE?
    It's really hard to determine whether Wheeler is a paid MLS/CSA shill or is just too stupid to have a voice in media.

We already know he's the latter on most issues so the real question is whether MLSE is paying him too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is an article about this in the Mirror. We made the big time!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is getting ridiculous. There's been a long enough sample size to determine that Bob Bradley is not the right fit for this club. He needs to be replaced asap, and unfortunately Michael Bradley will likely end up being collateral damage in order to avoid more dissent in the locker room.

We have the highest team payroll in the league and a talented roster that is near the bottom of the table. It's time to turn the page.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. There's been a long enough sample size to determine that Bob Bradley is not the right fit for this club. He needs to be replaced asap, and unfortunately Michael Bradley will likely end up being collateral damage in order to avoid more dissent in the locker room.

We have the highest team payroll in the league and a talented roster that is near the bottom of the table. It's time to turn the page.
    Nah, once all our goal scorers are back from injury like MB, Rosted, Perruzza, Diomande and then they have a run of matches to gel, our nonsensical system will click and we'll start getting shots on target. Be patient. Greatness awaits!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. There's been a long enough sample size to determine that Bob Bradley is not the right fit for this club. ...
    I agree but...parse the language of the pundits & not many are talking about tactics - most are mentioning Italian egos.

There's a bit of spin going on out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I live in a van down by the Humber River...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, once all our goal scorers are back from injury like MB, Rosted, Perruzza, Diomande and then they have a run of matches to gel, our nonsensical system will click and we'll start getting shots on target. Be patient. Greatness awaits!
    Exactly...What is Manning waiting for? If the season goes down the toilet his own arse will be on the line next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I agree but...parse the language of the pundits & not many are talking about tactics - most are mentioning Italian egos.

Yes, but anyone who has watched this club perform under Bob Bradley's tutelage can clearly see that the primary issue is tactical, not player personnel. Any media pundits that are stating otherwise are just losing credibility at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

The media in this town is so frustrating, it’s like a collection of some of the dimmest people around.

They all basically piled on the BOGERS party line that Tim Leiweke was an unhinged madman. And now, all these years later, they just casually insert the narrative that he was responsible for the success the teams previously had.

Maybe 10 years later we’ll casually be told the truth about TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The media in this town is so frustrating, it’s like a collection of some of the dimmest people around.

They all basically piled on the BOGERS party line that Tim Leiweke was an unhinged madman. And now, all these years later, they just casually insert the narrative that he was responsible for the success the teams previously had.

Maybe 10 years later we’ll casually be told the truth about TFC.
    They aren't media, they're an extension of the party line

Though at least in that they give you a good idea of what upper management wants us to believe, an insight into their thought process

You just can't use them to learn anything else. That comical ali shit on twitter on Thursday trying to gaslight us into thinking nobody has publicly called for Bradley to be sacked (really!?) And there's no issues between insigne and Bradley (really!?) Really was just comedy with hindsight what with that shit storm dropping just one day later