Sames

My first day at a new job so 5 hours without access to social media

My wife texted me the news
    Congratulations dude!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It had to happen, glad it has, but I have no confidence in Manning steering us into a new regime that will be successful.

And Terry Dunfield coaching Lorenzo Insigne... I really have seen it all now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you look on the ig page bob got fired,you got likes from poz.criscito,salcedo and you can prob add many more on and off the club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThreeTwo View Post
    They know their stuff but man the echo chamber club mentality from guys like Taylor, Andrew Wiebe, and Matt Doyle bug the shit out of me at times. Now we just need a pro American tweet from Lalas saying Canadian soccer blows anyways and we won’t ever find a better coach lol. Everyone of em spinning that Bob never had a full squad, that everyone’s picking on Bob, and the Italians or players have gone out of their way to sew divide lol etc.etc.…so much whataboutism and saving face attempts. I think most folks that have been around TFC know it isn’t only on Bob here.

Like a few lads said In here earlier - makes you think if their voices are parrots for MLS HQ, this change and the situation will have pissed off a lot of folks up in Garber’s offices and US soccer. Even if Curtin and others were available- would they see it as simply business and consider our offers, or is there gonna be a type of blacklisting of American coaches and talent towards us now (whether that’s a good thing or not lol).

Personally, my reactions are kinda reserved on Bob being cut. Although def in the Bob out camp, I never personally seem to get excited or validated with coaching changes; I guess it’s because it’s still a bummer we got to this point and Bob always meant well to get the club back to better levels. But that’s the nature of the gig with being results based. Truth be told might also be reserved because I’m feeling reluctant that Bill will even be capable of knowing what this club really needs moving forward, he brings in another Rolodex hire, and we’re still no better off from the lessons learned.
    Half the reason I hope we survive and thrive in this league is to defeat American exceptionalism as frequently as possible.

Doyle's entire professional existence is a case study. Just so smug, so overconfident -- in the worst, "hey, I'm an idiot sometimes, don't listen to me, but.... here's 500 words on why they should play with inverted fullbacks next week." I've never seen someone as an "anaylst" be wrong so often and yet so impervious to the humility of noticing it.

Wheeler drives me nuts, but he doesn't pretend to be an expert, and his attitude is always one of trying to get along with people. If you tell him he's an idiot, he'll ask you why, not assume you're wrong. He comes off as a good guy that I'll just never trust for football knowledge. Doyle comes across as a guy you want to punch after one too many beers.

But all of them on the American side do, generally. Wiebe isn't bad, Gass isn't awful. The rest are just all ex-jocks who seem utterly convinced that big US World Cup win is just around the corner. The fact that Balogun is instantly the most talented center forward they've ever had says how far off that prediction is.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating a new thread for New Coach discussion.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...76#post1990576

Please move new coach discussions there.

We can turn the remainder of this thread into a Bob Bradley appreciation thread oh okay maybe not...

Note to Bill Manning (should he ever look here-unlikely): this Board was right.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-26-2023 at 12:44 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto