0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    unPROfessionalism
    So that's where they got that from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso, VV and Gutierrez have all been ruled out for Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel like hedges, berna and sapong start, MB sits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Feel like hedges, berna and sapong start, MB sits
    That could prove interesting, a midfield of MAK, Coelo, Servania.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That could prove interesting, a midfield of MAK, Coelo, Servania.
    yes, more defensive responsibility there than any other combination, will be interesting to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    yes, more defensive responsibility there than any other combination, will be interesting to see.
    That trio could be our best if we wanna play with three 8's.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well with the Leafs now in game 6 Saturday night, how empty will BMO be, with people dumping their tickets etc, will be interesting.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope some of those “questionable”s play. If Bernie can’t go I’d put Richie in his place and JMR at right back. We need a strong front three at home.

MAK will need to get back to his best. Coelho hasn’t looked great when being pressed and I think NYCFC will press. Let’s hope that Hedges plays. I think having our usual Rosted - Hedges pairing will help overall, including what goes on in midfield.

We all need a win but hey, to look on the bright side, last year our roster was shit but this year at least we have very good players. Even if they’re not playing all at once. It’s gotta happen at some point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If MB isn’t back and Oso is hurt who captains the squad? Hedges if he’s fit?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Well with the Leafs now in game 6 Saturday night, how empty will BMO be, with people dumping their tickets etc, will be interesting.
    I've never noticed a significant crossover in terms of attendees between the Leafs & TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I've never noticed a significant crossover in terms of attendees between the Leafs & TFC.
    It more the casual person who has tickets and decides to bail on them to watch the Leafs. A lot of the corporate MLSE partners have tickets to both. The Jays see the same thing, I was actually pleasantly happy the Jays drew over 26K last Monday with the Leafs playing at the same time. I remember in the past the dome could be a morgue if the Leafs were in the playoffs. If the weather is complete crap that will play a part in keeping people away too.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post

We all need a win but hey, to look on the bright side, last year our roster was shit but this year at least we have very good players. Even if they’re not playing all at once. It’s gotta happen at some point
    Remember..was it 2021? The talk about how we couldn't field our 3 DP's at the same time I'm trying to look back but cannot find when it was but they had something like combined 30 minutes of time together and it was part way through the season. Let's hope that's not a repeat this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe the current record (1-2-6) reflects on the teams true performance, when you have horrendous officiating that took away wins. Up until the Philly game, Laryea was clearly fouled four times in the box and no penalty given, against Nashville and Atlanta. Fede would have surely converted them to wins.

The only three players that have been playing consistently well from the start are Fede, Laryea and Johnson. Everyone else needs to step up. It really fucking annoys me how MAK easily gives up when he losses possession, and just throws up his arms, while the ball is just a few feet away. He needs to be more aggressive.

WIth Insigne starting and Fede playing at least 45 minutes, it should be more than enough to come out with a win. If not, BB should be canned. No excuses.

Can't find much on Johnson, hope he gets the start. He's been a beast this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    I don't believe the current record (1-2-6) reflects on the teams true performance, when you have horrendous officiating that took away wins. Up until the Philly game, Laryea was clearly fouled four times in the box and no penalty given, against Nashville and Atlanta. Fede would have surely converted them to wins.

The only three players that have been playing consistently well from the start are Fede, Laryea and Johnson. Everyone else needs to step up. It really fucking annoys me how MAK easily gives up when he losses possession, and just throws up his arms, while the ball is just a few feet away. He needs to be more aggressive.

WIth Insigne starting and Fede playing at least 45 minutes, it should be more than enough to come out with a win. If not, BB should be canned. No excuses.

Can't find much on Johnson, hope he gets the start. He's been a beast this season.

Disagree with Johnson being a beast. I would day a beast at commanding his box and set pieces but mediocre at best. Hasn't come up with a big momentum changing save when needed.

A lot of his saves were direct shots on target to him which I guess having Bono before is a huge positive.

His play last game when he didn't need to jump to keep the ball in play was very low level low IQ.

I also think laryea hasn't been good consistently sure last two games he scored, seems like he evolved with a shot outside the 18 and with a shake move in the box.

Agree about MAK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    I think we are at about what we deserve. Besides our win over Charlotte I can't say we dominated or even fully controlled any match we were in. On the other hand, minus last weeks debacle, we haven't been dominated or fully controlled either. That first match was an oddity in that we controlled most of it until it really mattered then we lost the plot. We probably deserved that to be a draw so at best I would say we should be 1-7-1. Totally mediocre as I figured we would be when the season started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think we are at about what we deserve. Besides our win over Charlotte I can't say we dominated or even fully controlled any match we were in. On the other hand, minus last weeks debacle, we haven't been dominated or fully controlled either. That first match was an oddity in that we controlled most of it until it really mattered then we lost the plot. We probably deserved that to be a draw so at best I would say we should be 1-7-1. Totally mediocre as I figured we would be when the season started.
    We should have a couple more wins. Charlotte at home is a win if we don't have the insane wind / weather conditions. Otherwise I agree.

Anyway we will see. Weather for tomorrow's match looks pretty terrible so can't imagine it will have a good turnout.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    We should have a couple more wins. Charlotte at home is a win if we don't have the insane wind / weather conditions. Otherwise I agree.

Anyway we will see. Weather for tomorrow's match looks pretty terrible so can't imagine it will have a good turnout.
    All signs point to another ugly draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post

it goes both was man- that goal bernie scored probably doesnt happen with the wind either- which really means who knows if TFC would have won- cant count wind against the team and not the wind for the assisted goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/sta...02823666642945

hedges was cleared to play and bernardeschi was training fully today (and has done most the week).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    At best he'll be back right before the stupid Leagues Cup break but most likely after it on Aug 20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this, on both, with MB included…

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this, on both, with MB included…

Depending on the salary, Vasquez might go down as one of the biggest busts based on dollars to minutes we ever signed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Depending on the salary, Vasquez might go down as one of the biggest busts based on dollars to minutes we ever signed.
    Yeah depending on how the rest of the season goes for him. It says he has played about 93 mins if that's up to date in 4 games this year so far.
    I would say Erickson Gallardo should be in that talk too though, only played 630 minutes across two seasons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it’s a strain and not a tear he shouldn’t be out long.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Yeah depending on how the rest of the season goes for him. It says he has played about 93 mins if that's up to date in 4 games this year so far.
    I would say Erickson Gallardo should be in that talk too though, only played 630 minutes across two seasons
    Another shrewd piece of scouting by Dodd I assume.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So according to the injury reports, and if Sapong is here, sounds like:

Johnson

RL — MH — SR — RP

Servania — MAK — Coelho

Bernie — Sapong — Insigne

edit - Sapong is here, will wear #9
    Last edited by los sonadores; 04-28-2023 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m more expecting lively physical/hold up play from Sapong than goals but just for interest, from Molinario:

“Last season, Sapong scored five goals and had five assists in the regular season. But he hadn't scored in eight appearances in 2023, and his previous MLS goal came last May. His goal-scoring form has been up and down the last six years: seven in 2016, 16 in 2017, four in 2018, 13 in 2019, two in 2020, 12 in 2021, and five in 2022.”