Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems Talles Magno did give ‘the finger’ to his teammate Chanot.

Should/will he be fined and/or suspended?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 04-30-2023 at 02:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Seems Talles Magno did give ‘the finger’ to his teammate Chanot.

Should/will he be fined and/or suspended?

Benched at the very least.

Though maybe it depends on what Chanot was yelling at him for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    A good Toronto day… a trifecta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No surprise we looked good with an actual 9. And as for the ‘he’s too old’ or “he’s an underwhelming choice”, he looked good against us two weeks ago and he’s a good player. More than that he’s a player we desperately needed.

Coelho’s best game. Franklin looked good in his first start. Hedges and Rosted good as usual. Ritchie, Bernie, Insigne… we’re a good team. We should be able to beat New England at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a recap from a post of mine a couple of days ago. Richie more or less describing our goal today:

“Richie said "[Sapong] is tough to play against. He's very active, constantly moving, making runs. He's very good within the box, and at getting his body and foot to things. ... He can score off a header; obviously anything cut back or whipped across the box, he's in and around those areas.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Benched at the very least.

Though maybe it depends on what Chanot was yelling at him for.
    They were going at each other for quite a few minutes. Chanot was screaming at him going up and down the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone see who wore the captain band?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- officiating awful
    - Sapong is the type of player we’ve needed at striker (don’t love the trade but nonetheless). I have to question why we didn’t pursue a real target man earlier. Akinola, Jimenez, even Dio’s style of play to a certain extent, not what we ever needed up top.
    - Franklin did well at RB. Not perfect but lively. If he can build on these performances he’ll be the starter eventually.
    - Kaye still looks out of sorts. I would drop him from the starting lineup once the other kids are healthy.
    - Coello was good, organized.
    - NYCFC looked a little weak in areas and I’m sure that helped some players catch on. But nonetheless, best performance of the season for TFC.
    - We need to drop some serious cash on a box-to-box mid. If we had someone with power, pace, and attacking ability in there it would allow the rest of the group to raise their level. Some of Kaye, Osorio, or Bradley (eventually) would be surplus.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coello is one of the most interesting and maybe exciting things going on at TFC this year.

Also Richie's ball on the goal. So often you see those last balls played in ways that are not effective. But there, so perfect, drawing it a little back like that.

*chefs kiss*
    Last edited by ensco; 04-30-2023 at 08:01 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interviews

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/postg...-april-29-2023

Sapong sounds like he might be able to figure this one out - his issue always has been attention span & what happens after 4-5 games so we will see - maybe playing with some high functioning & high expecting team mates will keep him focused

Tidbit in the BB interview near the end - importance of the first guy tackling/addressing the ball carrier - good view of how BB wants the team to set up defensively
    &
    "We can still get sharper in the attacking third"
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-30-2023 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    No surprise we looked good with an actual 9. And as for the ‘he’s too old’ or “he’s an underwhelming choice”, he looked good against us two weeks ago and he’s a good player. More than that he’s a player we desperately needed.

Coelho’s best game. Franklin looked good in his first start. Hedges and Rosted good as usual. Ritchie, Bernie, Insigne… we’re a good team. We should be able to beat New England at home.
    I agree everyone played well and the boys had a strong performance. The only weak link was MAK. Too many first touch errors. Oso, Coelho and Servania in the mid going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Anyone see who wore the captain band?
    As SuperMario calls him… Lorenziello.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    …The only weak link was MAK. Too many first touch errors…
    I understand this and agree with you and others on this; glaring at the start of the match. TBF, my eye test also suggested, he was hustling, pressing, working to close down with others the opponents offensive movements. I too would like to see a Osorio, Coello, Servania at the mid line. I just don’t know if TFC would get a better/more ‘defensive’ performance from Osorio; I believe it’s been less and less frequent since he has turned one of those in. Although, offensively Osorio’s output/contribution on the pitch over MAK’s is not in question for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As SuperMario calls him… Lorenziello.
    Should have been our man Bernie !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although, offensively Osorio’s output/contribution on the pitch over MAK’s is not in question for me.
    Not this season though. He's been worse than Kaye and pretty much our worst midfielder so far. Not sure if it's post concussion effect or he had this MCL issue dragging on until he shut it down but he's looked terrible pretty consistently in 2023.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 points. Crucial. On we go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Should have been our man Bernie !
    LI was every bit the captain yesterday, kept asking for balls to be played ahead of him-passes would go behind but he would still give the thumbs up or applaud the effort, he was telling CJ when to press, he was engaging with fans along the sidelines in game, he got into it with nyc players in a scrum, led the guys to the south post match. The effort was non stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    LI was every bit the captain yesterday, kept asking for balls to be played ahead of him-passes would go behind but he would still give the thumbs up or applaud the effort, he was telling CJ when to press, he was engaging with fans along the sidelines in game, he got into it with nyc players in a scrum, led the guys to the south post match. The effort was non stop.
    He was challenging Bernie to be better on switches, too. Twice, he skied the ball well over Insigne's head, and both times he gave him the "good effort, right idea" clap...but vociferously, and for longer than normal. As in "yeah, right idea, but..."

Insigne was more adventurous on the dribble as well. He had his first burst of pace back, and two or three times he just split the left side to pieces with a couple of touches.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    - Kaye still looks out of sorts. I would drop him from the starting lineup once the other kids are healthy.
    On the Kaye front, his first touch and passing is sometimes very dangerous but i give him credit he ran the whole night. And pressured at the right times, i wonder how many kilometres he put in last night.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ this.. i saw that as well. He also gave his game shirt to a fan after, so did Fede (to a kid) and Richie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^
    Leaders… encourage, push and demand, yet can be more than a colleague and teammate or Captain, they can be a friend and brother-in-arms…

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 04-30-2023 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    3 points. Crucial. On we go.
    That's what matters most for me. We really needed a clean sheet victory. I really don't care how we got it.

And thankfully for us the East is a complete log jam. In the next couple of games we could jump up several spots in the standings.

Time to focus on Saturday vs New England and I'm excited to see where this team goes next

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand this and agree with you and others on this; glaring at the start of the match. TBF, my eye test also suggested, he was hustling, pressing, working to close down with others the opponents offensive movements. I too would like to see a Osorio, Coello, Servania at the mid line. I just don’t know if TFC would get a better/more ‘defensive’ performance from Osorio; I believe it’s been less and less frequent since he has turned one of those in. Although, offensively Osorio’s output/contribution on the pitch over MAK’s is not in question for me.
    I do agree with your assessment. MAK does bring the other qualities that perhaps Oso does not have. It is a good situation to have though, guys who are competent fighting for spots. Onward and upward we go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Sapong worked his ass off up front. That’s a big benefit. Scoring a goal too is the cherry on top. Hope he keeps it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I do agree with your assessment. MAK does bring the other qualities that perhaps Oso does not have. It is a good situation to have though, guys who are competent fighting for spots. Onward and upward we go.

MAK can't be dropped right now as we have no other defensive midfielder. Maybe MB, but he's slow.

Lining up with Coelho, Osorio and Servania is too offensive.

I get MAK is limited in offense, but defensively he hustles and tackles.
    We do need another CDM or box to box CM in July.

Right now I view MB / Coelo is playing the same spot. Both are good moving the ball forward.

Osorio I'm not sure where he fits, maybe sub for Servania?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was great to see. And no frustration from him at all. I expect him to settle well into his role and into the league this season.

In other notes, Franklin wasn’t perfect, yes, but very good for a first start that he didn’t know about until Petretta left the warmup injured. He was relatively careful, keeping it simple but not just touchline simple. He didn’t look timid and was always calling for the ball and usually doing something useful with it.

MAK seemed like he gave a middling performance… he needs to be and can be better but he was active and fighting and also got forward a few times and had a couple of decent chance at goal.

We were doing the pressing which meant Coello often had some time on the ball unlike last time he played in Michael’s position.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 04-30-2023 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Interviews

Sapong sounds like he might be able to figure this one out - his issue always has been attention span & what happens after 4-5 games so we will see - maybe playing with some high functioning & high expecting team mates will keep him focused

Tidbit in the BB interview near the end - importance of the first guy tackling/addressing the ball carrier - good view of how BB wants the team to set up defensively
    &
    "We can still get sharper in the attacking third"
    Thanks, haven’t listened to it yet but what you noted of that first BB comment sounds very much like the way his LAFC team played.

Sapong has got to love playing between Insigne and Bernie. Also he said he loves the city and the stadium so hopefully all of that will keep him engaged. Scoring or not scoring he can still contribute a lot. I’m eager to see Diamonde as well. Between the two of them we should have something workable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still buzzing from this win. Hedges and Siggy were so, so good. I also think Servania was quietly excellent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sapong was MLS rookie of the year as a winger and spent his first four seasons in that position. It wasn’t until he moved to Philly that he was converted to a striker. He still has Philly’s single season goal scoring record (16).

Despite not scoring much last season in Nashville he won the most duels (208) and most aerial duels (127) of all strikers in MLS.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 04-30-2023 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm… Any delay of match experienced here? I wonder if their fire alarm was triggered and their fire department showed up?

Crazy! More from…

‘Inside!’
    https://twitter.com/fisch_no1/status...03310813569024

&

‘Underneath!’
    https://twitter.com/WolfiKrenn/statu...07210321289236
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-02-2023 at 07:42 AM.