RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default match day 8 other mls games

match day 8 is coming up soon. Here I preview this weekends games and give my pridictions.

lets get started!!!

Montreal vs DC

Montreal is just awful and now without kamal miller. Man mr Saputo is really dumping on this team. If i were montreal fans I would do some kind of protest or boycott its really bad. The only way I can see them winning against DC is simple due to MLS home field advantage formula but even still this Club Fut is a dumpster fire.

DC WIN

Charlotte vs Coloardo

Colorado looking ok and could do some damage here at a struggling Charlotte. Could be a tie here but i'm gonna give the slight advantage to the rapids

rapids win

Columbus vs New England

This could be the game of the weekend. Both teams looking good here and it could come down to one special moment from a player.

I go with the tie here.

NYCFC vs Nashville

I expect a low scoring game here with nashville bunkering down. Though I see a few goals here.

NYCFC win

NYRB vs houston

Houston laid down the beats to Galaxy and could be headed for another win here. The only thing is that they travel to redbulls.

Houston win

Austin vs Vancouver

Vancouver coming off an exit form CCL. Austin still not clicking but I think they will click here

Austin win

Chicago vs Philly.

For a team that is on a redemption year they not exactly coming out of the gates swinging. Chicago looking good at getting goals. Chicago is a really up and down team. As for Philly, DJcuse our president did give me some good stats about teams barely getting into the playoffs and making a run. He said that not many teams that make it placed below 1-4 go on to go far. It was a great stat that I was not aware of and made me think. If philly makes the playoffs this year but barely could they break that Statistic and go all the way ??? They gave playood experience???

DRAW

Dallas Vs salt lake.

Dallas is off and on but so is salt lake. Ok home record but terrible away I think.

Dallas win

Loons vs Orlando

Loons coming of their first loss of the season and Orlando isn't looking all that exciting. I think the loon sgo for another win and get things going again.

Loons win

St louis vs cincy

Man what a run of tough games St louis has going for them. Cincy i think is one of not too many teams that are undefeated. I think for the new boys on the block reality is setting in and are coming back down to earth.

Cincy win

Portland vs seattle

Portland like I said before is long done its Prime. Now an important player i think his name is williamson is gone for the year through injury. I don't see them making the playoffs and i think seattle is showing us last year playoffs miss was at the expense of CCL glory.

seattle win

San Jose vs KC

This is my snooze fest game though I think I see a pattern with my snooze fest games. They all include san jose or KC so now that we got them together I don't think I need to be biased here. Let them play!!!

San Jose WIN

Hit the comments below let me know ur predictions are or any thoughts.

There is usually no tfc talk but no matter how hard we are on them ................we are not montreal lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal's "real" home opener....if they lose, I suspect paper bag masks to come out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Montreal's "real" home opener....if they lose, I suspect paper bag masks to come out.
    I mean I know they cleaned house with rising stars but man they just depleted everyone an everything
    Like not sure who they got left and how long stars like wanyama stay for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

El Trafico… LAG vs. LAFC : Today @ 4PM?

Seems LAG/MLS SG’s have been flexing, with some Euro gumption, and ‘winning’ a concession/compromise regarding the Klein situation. FWIW- credibility, if accurate, this reporting is interesting…

https://twitter.com/TotalLAGalaxy/st...01529902321665

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! STLCity dominates Cincinnati?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feistiness was in the air throughout MLS last night…

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh look, it's Mavinga messing up an assignment & leaving Carlos Villa open.

Such memories....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh look, it's Mavinga messing up an assignment & leaving Carlos Villa open.

Such memories....
    I swear man, he's been great for us. But he was a LAZY player sometimes. He could've just run back and re-covered him there, but instead once he cheated inside, he just didn't bother.

Watching LAFC is sooo familiar now. When they're doing poorly, the giveaways on the quick passes etc, it's like watching us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s Portland Seattle game was crazy last 30 min was nuts goal from asprilla changed everything

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kottisinick View Post
    That’s Portland Seattle game was crazy last 30 min was nuts goal from asprilla changed everything
    Nothing makes me happier than seeing Seattle, dressed as Belgium, getting pasted.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Nothing makes me happier than seeing Seattle, dressed as Belgium, getting pasted.
    Breathe and let go, breathe and let go…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believed STLCity was the new benchmark. Well it’s now back with LAFC and ‘away’; wow!

Perhap MLS membership into world ultra-ship has begun; with some smaller scale similarities...

https://twitter.com/LAFC/status/1647660510014504960

https://youtu.be/39enJP3byRI

And wouldn't be so without this!...

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1647684160838926336
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 04-16-2023 at 11:37 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few things on that

That's like TFC having a rival in Mississauga....

That group choreographs all its moves all game at home so not difficult to reproduce.

Bretos needs to get out more

&

ITS NOT AN EFFIN COMPETITION

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    A few things on that… I will have to disagree with you on this…

That's like TFC having a rival in Mississauga.... Sure or in our case, just up the 401, in CFMTL; distance is not a derby factor in Canada…

That group choreographs all its moves all game at home so not difficult to reproduce… Still, I miss the spectacle days when TFC SG’s were working together toward this standard…

Bretos needs to get out more… Maybe, but on this aspect, I prefer not to cloud that kind of personal passion sunshine…

&

ITS NOT AN EFFIN COMPETITION… no, it is not, it is R.E.S.P.E.C.T!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for being so grumpy

LAFC supporter groups seem to think they are in direct competition with the rest of the league's supporter groups.....LA soccer journos have been fostering that idea

Its freaking annoying....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Naw, no worries OtD. Been there and will be there. Understand your sentiment; share some of that concern. Moreover, I am personally jealous. I want that spectacle for TFC; ideally in a SafeStandingSpace in the south engaged in a call and response with a properly developed north end. IMHO, LA/LAG seemed to be the MLS’s centre of the world for some time. It then shifted to the NewYork clubs for a while, with bleeps from Seattle and TFC mixed in between and now back to LA with the emergence of LAFC.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 04-17-2023 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely agree would absolutely love if we had that kind of atmosphere. Really feel we'vr fallen way behind many teams in MLS in that regard, safe standing isn't a complete solution but it really is ridiculous we don't have it and could definitely help