Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Thanks for this but what a joke that recap was… it was like the Atlanta Fan Channel, oh with 2 Toronto goals. We had 53% possession, 11 (4) Shots On Goal to the 10 (5) and looks like we saw everyone. It shows absolutely no disputed calls, PRO must love that. You would think Atlanta dominated the game from this recap, I am not saying we did either, but wow. Now i have to go rewatch some of the game again, to see if i was biased on thinking we were chopped down a significant amount.

Also they focussed on Chol coming into the game at the 60th minute, but the nothing on Giokoumakis going down or Insigne coming in at the 75 minute, those are the big MLS implications…imho
    I thought Atlanta were the better team on the night. In terms of good chances, I thought the count was 7-4 Atlanta, or similar. They got the last ball into dangerous positions more often than we did (this is another way of stating the Akinola/Perruzza problem, really).

They were also better organized overall. They are really good, even shorthanded, and I think getting 2 points from the two games we have played against them is great.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have had a lot of heroball from Fede and Richie. Like the first goal. Pretty but not, all by itself, a sign of sustainable team success.

The late tying goal was a breakthough because it was a team goal.

To see it go Rosted to Insigne to Oso to JMR to Servania, bang bang bang bang bang, knowing that there were only seconds left and any foot put wrong was the end of it… against a well organized team… with each guy picking out the right next step without thinking… that was quality.

So thrilled not just by the result, but to see that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My prediction. Tfc tickets are going to get more and more expensive as the season goes along and that crowds will be always around 28-30k every game baring terrible weather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    We have had a lot of heroball from Fede and Richie. Like the first goal. Pretty but not, all by itself, a sign of sustainable team success.

The late tying goal was a breakthough because it was a team goal.

To see it go Rosted to Insigne to Oso to JMR to Servania, bang bang bang bang bang, knowing that there were only seconds left and any foot put wrong was the end of it… against a well organized team… with each guy picking out the right next step without thinking… that was quality.

So thrilled not just by the result, but to see that.
    Damn wish I had seen that. Lots to build on. And lots to worry about too!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also on that last goal. The movement of both Servania and Ayo is perfect as the play develops. They both are lurking, careful not to break too early as it develops, then both break simultaneously, to opposite posts, just as JMR gets the ball, and JMR correctly picks out the man who has a half step on the defender. Textbook.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/video/goal...fc-94th-minute

I wonder if we should try Servania at striker, while we wait for summer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Atlanta were the better team on the night. In terms of good chances, I thought the count was 7-4 Atlanta, or similar. They got the last ball into dangerous positions more often than we did (this is another way of stating the Akinola/Perruzza problem, really).

They were also better organized overall. They are really good, even shorthanded, and I think getting 2 points from the two games we have played against them is great.
    Like i said, i am not saying we dominated but it was far more balanced, than the recap showed. For example, we carried the play from the 20–33 minute for sure and you don’t get a sense of that at all. There were three “contacts” in or around the box, etc. which being there live, felt iffy. The Servania one, might have been a flop but i don’t know (no replay even in the game recap), but there was contact in the box. So no pick up of that or Richie’s earlier for that matter. All you see are Atlanta’ s shots.

Now i think their striker, Giakoumakis was definitely a threat and tbh our two CBs played well, but we were missing Hedges. Let’s not forget for most of the match, we didn’t have Insigne and we had Oso playing out of position ,so we were short as well.

I do agree we are playing better and thats why with so many changes, it takes time to tell… Philly next week will be really interesting (they tied with the Fire).
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 04-16-2023 at 09:03 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JMR breaking out would be a huge boon for this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, Servania seems a hustler/runner; with an engine like MB and a nose towards goal. His potential is exciting. With Lolo back in the lineup, as well as Michele, and now Alonso’s emergence to consider, it may be a way to get enough of what we need on the pitch for the short-term; until we get a consistent look at Adama or a new #9. BTW, FWIW, as an anecdote…

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 04-16-2023 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the boys played well against a good team. As everyone is saying we need a stud striker, the midfield looked good without MB. Send Insigne packing to make this happen, he has been a Mista like flop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have had a lot of heroball from Fede… To see it go Rosted to Insigne to Oso to JMR to Servania, bang bang bang bang bang… that was quality… to see that.
    Circling back a few weeks to Fede’s Olympico… fantastic goal. However, I recall during my youth, from the late 70’s or early 80’s that type of goal, at least in SerieA was not so infrequent. I believe some footballers even had a talent for it; specialized in it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    My prediction. Tfc tickets are going to get more and more expensive as the season goes along and that crowds will be always around 28-30k every game baring terrible weather
    On that note, I was just looking at Ticketmaster for the next three games and it appears the regular tickets are sold out - though there's a lot of resale tickets.

Oh wait, the Sunday game against Atlas is also showing sold out - there must be something wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realization I just had after watching the replay of our first goal.

We had a player shoot and score from outside the box. I like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I thought the boys played well against a good team. As everyone is saying we need a stud striker, the midfield looked good without MB. Send Insigne packing to make this happen, he has been a Mista like flop.
    Don’t think it was as easy as that about the midfield. I thought our midfield was poor without MB for a lot of the first half. But in the 2nd half the midfield of Osorio, Kaye and Servania did look good.

A Mista-like flop? Stop with the dumb comments, man. He scored 1 in 2 last season plus many assists and was probably the best winger in the league. He’s had a hamstring and missed 6 matches but is back and should stay back. Do you actually remember watching Mista or where are you getting this stuff from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game has me uncertain how to feel. I am not happy with the draw but at the same type am so happy TFC managed to score from run of play in stoppage time- last time i remember this is OSO in Azteca?

The loss would have put pressure on BB- the fact servania scored makes me happy- as he is probably TFC unsung hero and shouldnt have come off as a sub last week before MB.

He is technically skilled, gifted and quick.

The first goal from ATL made TFC look very bad especially since TFC had a strong XI than ATL.

SJ- I am not happy with- yes he is way better than Bono- but that is the Bono effect and how bad he as.
    - I am happy that he can stop the shots that are directed right towards him- happy he can command the back line better.

Unhappy that he hasnt provided a big save/timely save when needed (I can think of many times Westberg has done this) and no im not saying Westberg is better or preferred.

The shaky passing reminded me of bono and when he telegraphed his pass and hit the ATL player's head with the ball made me question him.

TFC really misses hedges - both goals of set pieces I believe were in the area were hedges would have been positioned.

Other glaring issue -is the fact a lot of goals against have been off set pieces and corners.

The other glaring issue is- TFC still cannot score from build until servania scored.

Richie's goal was a brilliant individual performance, just like last season goals with FB,LI and Crisito.

Richie showed some growth this game- the move down in the 18 yard back was awesome to see him adding a new wrinkle.
    Also looks like he is learning from FB regarding how to tag bangers from outside the 18.

No comment really on peruzza and ayo.

McNaughton had some very bad giveaways- reminded me of the champions league game with bayern on tuesday.

I feel like the bad calls from the ref added to the atmosphere which was nice- felt like the team was feeding off that noise from 23-31st minute.

also had two missed runs on each wing around the 31st minute with both FB and RL being frustrated with the ball not being played.

Ayo - didnt look offside to me.

Chemistry between FB and LI is nice -looks like they are focusing on give and go no matter how close or far part they are on the field which is wonderful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    SJ- I am not happy with- yes he is way better than Bono- but that is the Bono effect and how bad he as.
    - I am happy that he can stop the shots that are directed right towards him- happy he can command the back line better.
    I wasn't a super fan of his signing but to be fair, he stood on his head a few times already this season and had some big, big stops to prevent us from not drawing. He had an off game this past Saturday for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I wasn't a super fan of his signing but to be fair, he stood on his head a few times already this season and had some big, big stops to prevent us from not drawing. He had an off game this past Saturday for sure.

yea im not fully upset since it hasnt it technically costed TFC any points. I recall he made a big save for the win we had and i think one draw.

I was hoping he would give us a bit more so far- but i am happy TFC has him over Bono/Westberg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    yea im not fully upset since it hasnt it technically costed TFC any points. I recall he made a big save for the win we had and i think one draw.

I was hoping he would give us a bit more so far- but i am happy TFC has him over Bono/Westberg.
    I think he’s been good. The first genuinely solid keeper we’ve had in many seasons. To me it’s a big difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Don’t think it was as easy as that about the midfield. I thought our midfield was poor without MB for a lot of the first half. But in the 2nd half the midfield of Osorio, Kaye and Servania did look good.

A Mista-like flop? Stop with the dumb comments, man. He scored 1 in 2 last season plus many assists and was probably the best winger in the league. He’s had a hamstring and missed 6 matches but is back and should stay back. Do you actually remember watching Mista or where are you getting this stuff from?
    Easy, no one's comments are "dumb", everyone is entitled to their opinions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, another 2 dropped points at home...so disappointing and another 2 goals given up at home.

Was very glad not to see MB play...the midfield finally didn't collapse in the second half and instead of blowing a lead late because of being gassed....we actually salvaged a point. I won't give any credit to BB for not playing his son though, as it was "injury" related.

So glad to see Insigne come back....need him up to full speed as soon as possible.

Need a striker badly.

Happy for JMR...and Servania too.

Golazzo from Richie...well hit and great run.

On we we go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Easy, no one's comments are "dumb", everyone is entitled to their opinions here.
    Saying someone's comment is dumb IS an opinion. I mean, it can be taken as insulting, but it's an opinion.

I have dumb opinions sometimes; so do you. People calling that out is not the same as calling the person a dummy. It's attacking an idea, not the individual.

It's also accurate in this case; mista scored one non-league goal in his entire season here. Insigne scored 6 in his first 11 appearances. It's a dumb comparison.

Having an opinion does not entitle someone to avoid all criticism, especially when that opinion is clearly groundless.

Being civil does not mean not criticizing others, it means doing it honestly, with a comparison of available information and evidence, rather than making shit up or implying someone else's intentions or behavior.

1 goal in 15 games for a dp = total shit.

6 goals in 11 games for a dp = not total shit.

Therefore, dumb comparison.

And ... he didn't call the poster dumb, he said he was making dumb comments.

It may be more inflammatory to use the word "dumb" because the person saying it can take it personally... but that's not what he said.
    Last edited by jloome; 04-18-2023 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Saying someone's comment is dumb IS an opinion. I mean, it can be taken as insulting, but it's an opinion.

It's also accurate in this case; mista scored one non-league goal in his entire season here. Insigne scored 6 in his first 11 appearances. It's a dumb comparison.

Having an opinion does not entitle someone to avoid all criticism, especially when that opinion is clearly groundless.

Being civil does not mean not criticizing others, it means doing it honestly, with a comparison of available information and evidence, rather than making shit up or implying someone else's intentions or behavior.

1 goal in 15 games for a dp = total shit.

6 goals in 11 games for a dp = not total shit.

Therefore, dumb comparison.

And ... he didn't call the poster dumb, he said he was making dumb comments.

It may be more inflammatory to use the word "dumb" because the person saying it can take it personally... but that's not what he said.

Ok, IMO, going after someone's comments as "dumb" is not really conducive to getting everyone to contribute and some could be insulted potentially...but if calling someone's commentary dumb is ok, then we go on and what is good for the goose is good for the gander (or whatever that saying is..).

As for Insigne, hope he gets it going now. Need to take away the double/triple teams off Fede and he'll make it happen. No quality striker between them though is going to continue to hurt us. Need a quality target man and we'll be cooking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Ok, IMO, going after someone's comments as "dumb" is not really conducive to getting everyone to contribute and some could be insulted potentially...
    Yeah, no argument there dude.

I try not to rant for that very reason, but post-loss find it hard sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, no argument there dude.

I try not to rant for that very reason, but post-loss find it hard sometimes.
    A good rant can feel good to "let it all out" lol. Here's to some post game win celebrations...much funner to do, and read for everyone. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got back. Was hoping to find out what that was about.

At the final whistle, Laryea started going completely nuts in trying to engage a linesman about something, and chased down and made physical contact with the linesman (which I fear may have consequences).

Kaye and Fede were also very agitated, and there was a scrum of TFC players, the refs, and some others that went on for a good 3 or 4 minutes.

I am telling you, our guys were REALLY heated.

————

One thing for sure: they were not happy with Unkel, both for how he didn’t make some calls, and also because he was allowing persistent fouling without showing a yellow, especially on Fede. But what happened at the end must have had some sort of other cause that I did not see.
    I missed that altercation with Richie, I was caught up watching the Fede/Unkel confrontation. The reason Richie went after the linesman I believe was a build up through the game. The linesman on the East sideline missed multiple calls all game. There was one instance Atlanta ran up the touch line and the balled rolled out but the linesman refused to raise the flag. He also botched at least 5 possession calls when it came to throw in's. It was also this linesman who refused to call the foul when both Richie and Servania were taken down in the box. I'm not excusing Richie for his conduct, but his frustration was mounting for a while before he went nuclear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone says something outrageous and absurd, that can’t be backed up in any rational way… okay, maybe that’s not dumb, I apologize. Unless the person making the outrageous comment was taking the piss and I missed the joke in which case it might be that my comment in response was dumb.

It shouldn’t be forgotten that posting unsupportable and outrageous stuff might not inspire people to come to this board and engage in conversation. Conversations tend to be like that. I like argument but when the argument is not an argument at all what’s the point? Posting totally unsupportable stuff as if it were fact is probably not conducive to getting everyone involved either.

But I don’t know the poster and indeed I’m not commenting on his character. Simply the logic of his comment. (Though I still think he might be taking the piss!)
    Last edited by los sonadores; 04-19-2023 at 02:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I missed that altercation with Richie, I was caught up watching the Fede/Unkel confrontation. The reason Richie went after the linesman I believe was a build up through the game. The linesman on the East sideline missed multiple calls all game. There was one instance Atlanta ran up the touch line and the balled rolled out but the linesman refused to raise the flag. He also botched at least 5 possession calls when it came to throw in's. It was also this linesman who refused to call the foul when both Richie and Servania were taken down in the box. I'm not excusing Richie for his conduct, but his frustration was mounting for a while before he went nuclear.
    Great post explaining the after match sitch Blindside16. Had thought about offering a similar reply. You likely stated it better and more succinctly than I could. Agree with you mostly about what seemed to have transpired. Lots going on at the final whistle. It is some of what I believe I too saw as well as what others around me also said they saw. Perhaps, adding only, that Oso tried/struggled to get Fede away from Unkel and off the pitch? I watched the match again on AMLSSP and the scrum at the end of the match seemed to involve TFC members jabbering with Unkel and the East Touchline Assistant Referee. The West Touchline Assistant Referee was just wandering around being hardly engaged/talked to.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 04-19-2023 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Grammar

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's not use the word "dumb" to describe comments as that may be misunderstood. How about "unfounded, without foundation, made up comparison, not thought out" and if taking the piss "inflammatory, stirring up shit, trying to provoke people, exaggerated for humorous effect."

Anyway comparisons of Insigne to Mista are without foundation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    This makes sense.

If Richie doesn’t get suspended, this says something interesting to me about how the league saw what happened in game. Because Richie absolutely jostled that linesman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes sense.

If Richie doesn’t get suspended, this says something interesting to me about how the league saw what happened in game. Because Richie absolutely jostled that linesman.
    If he doesn't actually grab him, they'll probably limit it to a fine, which seems to be their compromise to punish for abuse of officials without costing teams a player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he doesn't actually grab him, they'll probably limit it to a fine, which seems to be their compromise to punish for abuse of officials without costing teams a player.
    Not sure re fine points on what he did or didn’t do. There was a lot going on in that 30 seconds!