Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    We haven't played badly, really. I really think the wind is just messing us up this half.
    I think it's both. We've been abysmal and the weather have accentuated it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    We haven't played badly, really. I really think the wind is just messing us up this half.
    Except CLT had 3 good scoring chances in the 1st half where they should have scored. We have been dominated this half, by a bad team.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 04-01-2023 at 08:23 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over confidence and crap weather that makes certain ways to play the game nigh on impossible... is a bad mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that Southern Ontario is a global warming free zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coelo is an excellent player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tough conditions but another blown game. Hopefully this don’t come back to haunt us at the end of season,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. If we’re not jobbed on two legit penalty calls, this ends very differently. Still, if we’re a playoff team we have to beat teams like this.

Kaye was horrendous, Coelo was exceptional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That game was like pulling teeth. Boy I hope they present a better product next week. I feel terrible for every human in the stadium, they all deserve a lot more. Get your shit together TFC. That was a terrible display of unpreparedness. We're very lucky to have the points we have but things need to change in that camp. We are not playing anything like winning football. We have zero control.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take the point and move on. No good can come from analysing that....

But I'll look at the second half tomorrow anyways....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all, long time lurker/past season seat holder up in 221 - thought i'd break post ice here

Any hurdles/barriers to us signing Coelo to a first team deal? His poise on the ball, positioning and vision are quite promising stuff for the minutes he's been given past couple games. Someone needs to be challenging kaye for minutes so can keep elevating his form

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really disappointing. These dropped points are adding up. Despite the conditions, can’t give up a two-goal lead in the second half at home.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No depth - AGAIN this year = Bad second halves!
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Apple Commentators for this game (game is "free" on Apple TV)

Nate Bukaty and Kyndra De St. Aubin

Former SKC play by play

Colour for the Loons

You might want to find the Spanish as I would put these two among the least remarkable/capable.

Game also on TSN4 & RDS

I would rather have a root canal then hear Caldwell soooo......
    I thought this might have been a subjective take, but my word they were objectively the worst announcing crew I have heard in my time following MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell is still worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MDH View Post
    That game was like pulling teeth. Boy I hope they present a better product next week. I feel terrible for every human in the stadium, they all deserve a lot more. Get your shit together TFC. That was a terrible display of unpreparedness. We're very lucky to have the points we have but things need to change in that camp. We are not playing anything like winning football. We have zero control.
    zero entertainment value in the 2nd half, agreed what a terrible product tfc is, again with the tfc2 players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Meh. If we’re not jobbed on two legit penalty calls, this ends very differently. Still, if we’re a playoff team we have to beat teams like this.

Kaye was horrendous, Coelo was exceptional.
    Kaye is easily the worst player on tfc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it was the cold but I was really underwhelmed with some performances. Akinola has no first touch and his decision making is bad. Bradley a give away machine. Kaye also struggles controlling balls it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    I thought this might have been a subjective take, but my word they were objectively the worst announcing crew I have heard in my time following MLS.
    I watched on Apple and had no issues with them. Neither good nor bad. I prefer pretty much anyone over Caldwell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have no idea what the feeling is like to not have $400 go onto my Visa every month for season seats for this garbage.
    I don't really know how to put the feeling into words. its not elation, it's more like relief, the torture of them taking my money is over. no more never again will they get my money
    i dont care if tickets are $500 in July. I just won't go, who gives a fuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt the game management by Bob Bradley was really lacking. Playing against the wind in the second half a push by Charlotte was always in the cards. We didn’t seem prepared for it before and we’re too late to adjust after.

I continue to like Coello. He should have a first team deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Kaye is easily the worst player on tfc
    Against Honduras he didn't see the pitch. Wouldn't be surprised if his time with the CMNT comes to an end soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll absolutely agree the conditions made that game very difficult, and give the team a bit of a pass.

But that Charlotte team at home is as close to a gimme as you'll have in this league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I felt the game management by Bob Bradley was really lacking. Playing against the wind in the second half a push by Charlotte was always in the cards. We didn’t seem prepared for it before and we’re too late to adjust after.

I continue to like Coello. He should have a first team deal.
    This is my biggest frustration about tonight. No changes for the second half. Kerr should have started the second half, bring Victor in earlier and for me, put in MacNaughton for Kaye, an extra head at the back. It's as if they didn't expect the wind to be there in the 2nd half.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a bitter cold tonight with the wind being relentless. I am not going to talk at all about any negatives on our players or our coaching (regardless if there is merit or not). I will say, the calls against us in the first half felt very one sided.

Biggest story of the night, the MLS/AppleTV desire to create a RedZone is STUPID, this is not the NFL (Curtis Ali must have had an input somewhere in this… joking). Anyone in their right mind knows you DO NOT schedule night games in the NE in March or April. It was 13 degrees at 1pm. It is an insult to the players and the fans to play tonight (with windchill, something like -12). This is how injuries happen and how you piss off loyal fans. I sincerely want my money back (there was one spot in the east stands that had coffee and the line was 10x longer than any other line).

What is MLS/MLSE/TFC thinking? Never been more pissed off at the club, we could have won 5-0 and i would still be mad. Ok Rant over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my biggest frustration about tonight. No changes for the second half. Kerr should have started the second half, bring Victor in earlier and for me, put in MacNaughton for Kaye, an extra head at the back. It's as if they didn't expect the wind to be there in the 2nd half.
    All I know right now is we need to beg, borrow or steal an international slot to sign Coelo, because he was far and away the most competent midfielder we had on the field today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    It was a bitter cold tonight with the wind being relentless. I am not going to talk at all about any negatives on our players or our coaching (regardless if there is merit or not). I will say, the calls against us in the first half felt very one sided.

Biggest story of the night, the MLS/AppleTV desire to create a RedZone is STUPID, this is not the NFL (Curtis Ali must have had an input somewhere in this… joking). Anyone in their right mind knows you DO NOT schedule night games in the NE in March or April. It was 13 degrees at 1pm. It is an insult to the players and the fans to play tonight (with windchill, something like -12). This is how injuries happen and how you piss off loyal fans. I sincerely want my money back (there was one spot in the east stands that had coffee and the line was 10x longer than any other line).

What is MLS/MLSE/TFC thinking? Never been more pissed off at the club, we could have won 5-0 and i would still be mad. Ok Rant over.
    what you need to understand is the league and mlse do whatever they want to do and do not give a fuck about what the fans want

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Completely understood, but it will bite them. World Cup or not. This was just stupid and this is not like the other teams, I couldn’t give my other pair of seats away if i wanted to, let alone sell them. The people that showed up tonight deserve a credit for a hot drink. Oh wait they don’t sell it at the stadium, couldn’t give them if they tried.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Holly god, Kilbane rosted Michael Bradley on the pregame show.
    Just watched tape of game when does Kilbane roast Bradley?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Just watched tape of game when does Kilbane roast Bradley?
    Don’t bother found it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    All I know right now is we need to beg, borrow or steal an international slot to sign Coelo, because he was far and away the most competent midfielder we had on the field today.
    Yeah, agreed, he was calm and composed. But more than that, he plays the ball on the ground, which you need when playing into the wind. Same with Vasquez. He seems like exactly the depth we need tbh, with an emerging Servania. I'm gonna start advocating MB for manager, BB moves upstairs. Not certain it's great, pretty sure it's better.