Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 7 - TFC @ Nashville Sat April 8 8:38pm - I still want you by my side

Just to help me dry the tears that I've cried

Have at It People

(kudos to the person who first figures out why I picked this song)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting a lead and not being able to hold it seems to be the common trend so far this year in a unusually high proportion of our games. What an annoying trend to have. Hoping for the best. We really need Insigne back even though that might not help with giving up leads but at least will take some double teaming off of Berna.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After 2 weeks of meh......Good broadcast crew returns to our game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Getting a lead and not being able to hold it seems to be the common trend so far this year in an unusually high proportion of our games. What an annoying trend to have. Hoping for the best. We really need Insigne back even though that might not help with giving up leads but at least will take some double teaming off of Berna.
    Yeah, this needs to stop both for the sake of points and morale. So far, tired legs, lack of subs and lack of adjustment are playing a role.

It’s too bad Gutierrez has become mysteriously ill because I think he could help. Adding Alonso should also help with depth.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 04-04-2023 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My goodness. Steve Cangialosi doing the TFC game. Not sure anyone is going to get this one but… Sports Phone!

I lived in NY for about 10 years in the 1980s and 1980s. Sports phone was this 900 service that did live updates on sports scores. I dialled them about 100 times during the Leafs and Blue Jay runs in 1992-94. You'd be at a dinner and for 50 cents you could call them from a payphone, and they had a tape that this nasal kid Cangialosi updated about every two minutes. “Leafs 2 Blues 1 at 9.06 of the second period”.

He was also kind of a floating fixture doing player interviews at Yankee games and the like. He had a very distinctive Noo Yawk Queens accent. His wiki says he did Red Bull games but I haven’t ever seen him do one, somehow, even though I have had the season package multiple times … I had no idea he had migrated to soccer, and I have trouble believing he'd be any good at it!
    Last edited by ensco; 04-05-2023 at 08:54 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's actually quite good when not doing NYRB games - these two did one of ours earlier this year (Atlanta?)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne confirmed not playing according to journos at presser today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So did anyone ask the MB question?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure. Just reading journos tweets.

Diomande available Atlanta too

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So did anyone ask the MB question?
    I don’t think they want to lose their press pass, don’t see any of these lackeys pissing off Bob with such a question, I can’t think of any of our journos with enough bottle

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Insigne confirmed not playing according to journos at presser today
    People freaking about it on some forums, calling him a bust etc.

It's a fucking groin strain. They can be brutal to rehab and they can re-occur really easily. I'm GLAD they're sitting him for another. We might actually, based on his past history, get him for the rest of the season if they don't rush it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

It's a fucking groin strain. They can be brutal to rehab and they can re-occur really easily. I'm GLAD they're sitting him for another. We might actually, based on his past history, get him for the rest of the season if they don't rush it.
    I think people have already internalized all the rumours about him being unhappy and think he's not going to play another game for us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

As it seems that happened with Sam Piette, said he tweaked his groin and missed two games, came back and re-aggravated something in it and now he's out 6-8 weeks. I get we need Insigne on the pitch badly but groin is such a tough one because you can feel fine all week long and even when doing running or jogging but all of a sudden going into a sprint or awkward lunge and you can pull it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    My goodness. Steve Cangialosi doing the TFC game. Not sure anyone is going to get this one but… Sports Phone!

I lived in NY for about 10 years in the 1980s and 1980s. Sports phone was this 900 service that did live updates on sports scores. I dialled them about 100 times during the Leafs and Blue Jay runs in 1992-94. You'd be at a dinner and for 50 cents you could call them from a payphone, and they had a tape that this nasal kid Cangialosi updated about every two minutes. “Leafs 2 Blues 1 at 9.06 of the second period”.

He was also kind of a floating fixture doing player interviews at Yankee games and the like. He had a very distinctive Noo Yawk Queens accent. His wiki says he did Red Bull games but I haven’t ever seen him do one, somehow, even though I have had the season package multiple times … I had no idea he had migrated to soccer, and I have trouble believing he'd be any good at it!
    Steve has been doing MLS soccer for a long time now and has been doing Red Bull games for the longest time , yes he has that very distinctive New York accent. that you either like or hate , but he has been around a long time doing soccer , moreover I thought he did only soccer I didn’t know about the other sports he did especially hockey until I watched an NHL game he was doing a few years ago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Led to it by Molinaro, BB goes heavy into the Nashville shooting situation - reluctant but foreceful.

Not exactly Pop (Dallas NBA coach) but he ain't no NRA dude.

Goes into Shaffelburg discussion too & confirms Shaff out because of Insigne. (I suspect Shaff would be offered a free agent contract when/if that comes up in 3-6 years)

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/train...-april-06-2023

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Steve has been doing MLS soccer for a long time now and has been doing Red Bull games for the longest time , yes he has that very distinctive New York accent. that you either like or hate , but he has been around a long time doing soccer , moreover I thought he did only soccer I didn’t know about the other sports he did especially hockey until I watched an NHL game he was doing a few years ago.
    I don’t know how I never realized Cangialosi was doing this, I had league pass. I think it highlights the fact that I barely ever watch NYRB. They just have always bored me, and Iwould always pick a different game… Same for the Revs, I just always skip over their games
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Led to it by Molinaro, BB goes heavy into the Nashville shooting situation - reluctant but foreceful.

Not exactly Pop (Dallas NBA coach) but he ain't no NRA dude.

Goes into Shaffelburg discussion too & confirms Shaff out because of Insigne. (I suspect Shaff would be offered a free agent contract when/if that comes up in 3-6 years)

Molinaro asked Hedges what he thought about the dynamic of a father coaching his son, as raised by TSN last weekend. Hedges just replied that he doesn't see this as an issue. Molinaro should have asked this question directly to BB instead. What did he expect Hedges would say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Molinaro asked Hedges what he thought about the dynamic of a father coaching his son, as raised by TSN last weekend. Hedges just replied that he doesn't see this as an issue. Molinaro should have asked this question directly to BB instead. What did he expect Hedges would say?
    I posted Molinaro's story in the MB thread. It's frighteningly amateurish and facile, the kind of naïve shit I produced as an 18-year-old practicum student.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Nice New York memories! I lived there around then as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In response to the Nashville shooting, 6 minutes of silence during the match

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounded to me more like he didn’t think Shaff was a good fit and that he likes him better in Nashville where they do simple, more direct counter attacking stuff.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 04-07-2023 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I trust if Shaf scores against us, he won't celebrate. Wish we still had him, the kid is electric.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In response to the Nashville shooting, 6 minutes of silence during the match

Nice touch from Nashville. God bless them those who died and may they rest in peace eternally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Sounded to me more like he didn’t think Shaff was a good fit and that he likes him better in Nashville where they do simple, more direct counter attacking stuff.
    Since we can't generate chances lately maybe we should be doing simple, more direct counter attacking stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Since we can't generate chances lately maybe we should be doing simple, more direct counter attacking stuff.
    I love ya but do our counter attacks seem complicated? We do very simple, direct stuff and it works enough to get us a draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to be an interesting match especially in the sense that Nashville, in its brief history, plays it pretty simple and Bradley’s teams haven’t, especially.

Definite chance that Shaff is going to be a menace to us on the counter.

I’d much rather see the match up with Insigne and Diomande on the field. That would be quite different I think but otherwise it’s probably one to see what our coach does to find a point on the road.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post

"Jacob's best position is on the left"

"That's where they have him playing"

"Insigne is there"

"We tried him at LB to see if he could do that and he was showing some things but then got injured"

That was the gist I got out of the discussion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Jacob's best position is on the left"

"That's where they have him playing"

"Insigne is there"

"We tried him at LB to see if he could do that and he was showing some things but then got injured"

That was the gist I got out of the discussion.
    One thing that should be said about Bob, he doesn't clutch players onto the team and let them rot as reserves. If their way is blocked by DPs, he let's them move on. No matter what, it's fair to the player and they'll notice it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that should be said about Bob, he doesn't clutch players onto the team and let them rot as reserves. If their way is blocked by DPs, he let's them move on. No matter what, it's fair to the player and they'll notice it.
    I think he has very strong sense of what and who he wants to work with. At first it seemed like chaos because half the team didn’t interest him and then another third didn’t make the grade.