Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 5 - TFC @ San Jose - Saturday March 25 10:39 pm - The Ectasy of Gold

Ya'll get to decide what is which .....

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gonna need to steal some points here, but I think we can do it against San Jose.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a Reimer reference...

TFC can show a little pride in their last performance. Hope it continues.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Looking for a Reimer reference...

TFC can show a little pride in their last performance. Hope it continues.
    Tempting.....I don't mind flying the Progress Pride flag...but not sure I wanted to reference that particular idiocy.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Tempting.....I don't mind flying the Progress Pride flag...but not sure I wanted to reference that particular idiocy.
    Apologies. I just can't seem to avoid that particular SJ news.

I should be focusing on extra coffees come Saturday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be a pretty ugly match. They're just always ugly and we're missing too many starters to be anything other than ugly so I am leaning draw but usually the best players make the difference in matches like these and Johnson & Bernadeschi are the best out there. Going to go 2-1 for us but 0-0 wouldn't shock me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were pretty dreadful against St. Louis' gegenpress. I still like our chances even with the missing players, but who knows? WE don't get to see the replacements in training, so who knows if they'll be fluid enough for our movement-heavy system.

All I know is Servania is one of the signings of the season. He had six successful dribbles against Miami, which for a guy known as a number eight is pretty handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do we even line up for this? Assuming he wants tactical consistency, probably as a 4-2-3-1 again. Despite them having kaye as a twin six with bradley in all the lineup sheets the other night, he ended up being forward more than Servania.

I have no idea who he'll play at right back. O'Neill actually played there a few times when younger, so if his head pain is dealt with that's a possibility. We've seen JMR there in the past, surely he needs some playing time.

Maybe something like....

----------------Johnson----------------
    JMR---Hedges---Rosted---Gutierrez
    --------Servania---Bradley--------
    Bernie----Vazquez----Petretta
    ----------Kerr

Bring Thompson in later for Vazquez and swing him over to the right, drop Bernadeschi in the hole.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Maybe something like....

----------Kerr

Bring Thompson in later for Vazquez and swing him over to the right, drop Bernadeschi in the hole.
    This line up should be good enough for a point at least.

One thing about SJ I've seen is a high amount of goonery. Lots of chippy, late tackles from behind and guys getting tossed to the turf more than I usually see. Should be interesting.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do we even line up for this? Assuming he wants tactical consistency, probably as a 4-2-3-1 again. Despite them having kaye as a twin six with bradley in all the lineup sheets the other night, he ended up being forward more than Servania.

I have no idea who he'll play at right back. O'Neill actually played there a few times when younger, so if his head pain is dealt with that's a possibility. We've seen JMR there in the past, surely he needs some playing time.

Maybe something like....

----------Kerr

You are not alone in wanting to finally see a Vasquez start. Hope Servania success continues. Maybe Vasquez to Bernie link up more and we'll see less frustration from that DP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    You are not alone in wanting to finally see a Vasquez start. Hope Servania success continues. Maybe Vasquez to Bernie link up more and we'll see less frustration from that DP.
    Until he gets someone else up front who requires some respect from the opposition, he isn't going to be happy. Endless triple teaming until either Insigne comes back or we sign a CF who can score or at least create chances consistently.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Until he gets someone else up front who requires some respect from the opposition, he isn't going to be happy. Endless triple teaming until either Insigne comes back or we sign a CF who can score or at least create chances consistently.
    something tells me it'll be when insigne comes back, Akinola just doesn't do enough to create the space needed and while I want to give Mbongue a chance, he's going to have to show it during a Canadian Championship game or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    something tells me it'll be when insigne comes back, Akinola just doesn't do enough to create the space needed and while I want to give Mbongue a chance, he's going to have to show it during a Canadian Championship game or something.
    I was hoping Diomande would be good enough to at least make dangerous runs and take up some space but he didn't look up to it. At this rate I would rather start VV at CF even if he could only do 45 minutes and then roll the dice in the second half on Ayo or Kerr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given that he was originally going to a Ukrainian Premier League team and has since proven himself well above most of the CPL, I'm sort of surprised we haven't tried to snag Osaze De Rosario yet.

Maybe getting fucked around incessantly by the Mo and Earls of the world has soured the family on TFC, or maybe they don't want to admit a kid they weren't high on has potential, but like Diayaeddin Abzi before him, he looks at least good enough to me to get some playing time at the MLS level.

San Jose looked slow and ponderous to cycle the ball against St. Louis. They really didn't handle the press well. But we're not very quick, so a different ball game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given that he was originally going to a Ukrainian Premier League team and has since proven himself well above most of the CPL, I'm sort of surprised we haven't tried to snag Osaze De Rosario yet.

Maybe getting fucked around incessantly by the Mo and Earls of the world has soured the family on TFC, or maybe they don't want to admit a kid they weren't high on has potential, but like Diayaeddin Abzi before him, he looks at least good enough to me to get some playing time at the MLS level.

San Jose looked slow and ponderous to cycle the ball against St. Louis. They really didn't handle the press well. But we're not very quick, so a different ball game.
    Doesn't quite track - the De Rosario Academy is affiliated and his other son (the GK, Adisa) is with TFCII.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Doesn't quite track - the De Rosario Academy is affiliated and his other son (the GK, Adisa) is with TFCII.
    Perhaps they don't think he's shown enough, then. I would've thought he had, but I suppose he did tail off last year. Looks like he might get better at a higher level, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched DeRo the younger a couple of times at ATO matches, but he didn't seem to be outplaying the opposition by a lot. I think TFC might be better looking at ATO's Ollie Basset for midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe something like....

----------Kerr

Looks like a good bet given the tactical constancy probability part. And gets pretty much what’s left of our best players into the starting eleven. If it’s four at the back I could see Bernie, Ayo and Kerr up top and some pressing going on.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 03-20-2023 at 11:38 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps they don't think he's shown enough, then. I would've thought he had, but I suppose he did tail off last year. Looks like he might get better at a higher level, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I watched DeRo the younger a couple of times at ATO matches, but he didn't seem to be outplaying the opposition by a lot. I think TFC might be better looking at ATO's Ollie Basset for midfield.
    Atletico Ottawa. Right.
    DeRo was good for York but was inconsistent. I don't think that's a recipe for an MLS chance yet. I think a trip overseas would do him good. Hope he can play here at his best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do we even line up for this? Assuming he wants tactical consistency, probably as a 4-2-3-1 again... I have no idea who he'll play at right back. O'Neill actually played there a few times when younger, so if his head pain is dealt with that's a possibility. We've seen JMR there in the past, surely he needs some playing time. Maybe something like....

----------------Johnson-----------
    ------------Kerr------------------

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Looks like a good bet given the tactical constancy probability part. And gets pretty much what’s left of our best players into the starting eleven...
    Me likes, agrees, coach. Welcome the tactical constancy probability part. These lads, with all that 'Gossip' have a 'Heavy Cross' to bear...

https://youtu.be/5mQVljB7JGw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know 'he isn't/was never' supposed to be 'The Guy/That Guy'. Still hoping for some infectious magic and a whole lotta captioned mentions of...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do we even line up for this? Assuming he wants tactical consistency, probably as a 4-2-3-1 again. Despite them having kaye as a twin six with bradley in all the lineup sheets the other night, he ended up being forward more than Servania...
    Noticed discrepancies lately between published line-ups; Apple vs TFC vs other? Which line-up announcement is best to be believed? For instance, against IMCF...

In this relevant highlight, right at the start, Apple seems to get some of the player's positions even wrong...

Internet/Google MLS Standings/Match Line-Up...
    https://www.google.com/search?client...fpf;ln;fp;1;;;
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-22-2023 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were pretty dreadful against St. Louis' gegenpress. I still like our chances even with the missing players, but who knows? WE don't get to see the replacements in training, so who knows if they'll be fluid enough for our movement-heavy system.

All I know is Servania is one of the signings of the season. He had six successful dribbles against Miami, which for a guy known as a number eight is pretty handy.
    Yes. They need to keep Servania as a starter when all the rest of our starters return. Don’t care who gets dropped from the current midfield 3. Somebody has to be on the field providing what he provides or the team gets significantly weaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Noticed discrepancies lately between published line-ups; Apple vs TFC vs other? Which line-up announcement is best to be believed? For instance, against IMCF...

In this relevant highlight, right at the start, Apple seems to get some of the player's positions even wrong...
    Dude, TV never gets lineups or formations right. Just ignore it all and watch the game.

For edification, we settled defensively into a 4-2-1-3 but offensively we played a 4-1-1-1-3, basically, with the three central players positioning between the lines, one moving up in support of the forwards (usually Kaye, as Bernie's side was spearhearding and Richie was cheating up) and one sitting back all the time, usually Servania.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say Apple TV people are getting the same 2 days before access that TSN used to get wherein tactics & formations are discussed.

This weeks TV crew

Chris Wittyngham - ex Inter Miami pbp - he is mostly known for not using a euphemism to describe the area a ball on a player - said area most men would use a euphemism for
    My past experience of him is he is....steady & neutral.

Danielle Slaton - ex SJE colour

Always liked Slaton - good tactical mind - explayer but we shall see if she can make the bridge from team pbp to league focused more neutral - she's been doing non SJE games before this one.

(no Brit commentator this week)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and a reminder this is the stadium with the airport out the one end.... as seen in this picture from an open source video simulator

Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-22-2023 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and a reminder this is the stadium with the airport out the one end.... as seen in this picture from an open source video simulator

Hmm, charming. Hope that’s the airport they’re arriving at and leaving from. Maybe a hotel on the other end of the stadium and they train on the field… very MLS to fly 7200 km total for one regular season fixture.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 03-22-2023 at 12:29 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And In-N-Out Burger is in the mall right beside it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't fathom why someone would put a stadium, an entertainment experience, next to an airport. I mean, I assumed because it's the bay area it was the only affordable land, but... yeesh. Imagine watching a match during a busy evening of flights. The roar of planes taking off would be constant, you'd think? Or is a stadium naturally loud enough to drown it out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't fathom why someone would put a stadium, an entertainment experience, next to an airport. I mean, I assumed because it's the bay area it was the only affordable land, but... yeesh. Imagine watching a match during a busy evening of flights. The roar of planes taking off would be constant, you'd think? Or is a stadium naturally loud enough to drown it out?
    Makes me appreciate BMO more, that's for sure.