RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other mls games week 4

Week 4 is upon us so let’s look what else is going on this weekend in mls

Seattle va Lafc

Seattle coming off a loss and Lafc coming of a ccl. Should be a good match. Will Lafc rotate alittle. This is a good test for both teams

Atlanta vs Portland

Atlanta looking good so far and Portland is looking alittle old and bumpy. Atlanta is at home I think so should be in their favour

Montreal vs Philly

0-3 with no goals scored for club foot. And it’s not gonna get better against this Philly team. Montreal is a completely different team than last year. I kinda picking them for wooden spoon candidate.

New England vs Nashville

Lots of talk with how well shaff is doing at Nashville and he’s connecting well with muhktar. For New England does any one else think that these seasoned legend coaches in mls are just out of touch now with current mls???

Nycfc vs dc

Dc hasn’t done anything since that first game. Nycfc is doing alright but not the same team as before.

NYRB vs Columbus.

Columbus is playing well under Nancy and he’s getting the best out of them so far. It will show as the season goes on what he can do with this team and the players he brings in the summer. For NYRB is pretty much the same style of play from them but I don’t think they will get past Columbus

Orlando vs Charlotte

Orlando coming off ccl elimination so back to focus on mls for them. They do look like a better team than previous years and the coach got them playing well. Charlotte could also be a candidate for wooden spoon but this could be their window to get three points here as Orlando played midweek

Chicago vs Cincinnati

Cincy off to a decent start and Chicago needs a win here to get things rolling. Cincy just had the better quality here then Chicago so maybe a cincy win

Dallas vs Kansas

These teams are pretty even with their records but with Dallas at home could give Dallas an advantage. Possibly a tie here

Houston vs Austin.

Austin needs to get their mojo back. Early exit from ccl ….shockingly. They will be back to prove it was all a fluke and that they can still ball. Houston will want this derby win but I can’t see them winning This game.

St. Louis vs San Jose.

History can be made here if St. Louis win here. This is mls new toy and they will want to push the early success here. San Jose is becoming the back in my day Preston north end were the team to beat in England. The glory days are gone.

Colorado vs Minnesota.

Colorado is another winless team so they need the win here. Minnesota still dealing with player or players mess.

Galaxy vs vacouver

Vancouver also winless in mls but doing well in ccl. I can’t see them winning here in LA. I see the galaxy getting their first win to kick things off.

Some games are free on Apple some are in tv shit I dunno it’s all technology to me. If you know post here for games so we can all try and see at least something.

Hear a question

Who do you all see for the wooden spoon ???

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apple TV Free this weekend

Seattle vs LAF

TFC vs Miami

Dallas vs SKC

Houston vs. Austin

Col vs. Loons

TSN1

LAG vs Van

Yup, TSN not picking up Montreal home opener vs Philly....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The race to the bottom should include; Charlotte- -Chicago - -Montreal.
    With the squad we have at the moment should be fringe playoffs but hoping for upgraded midfield by summer to move on up.
    Defence is good goals are the problem.
    My ten cents!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Club Foot is playing their game in the Big Owe - interesting to see how big a crowd they get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listening to Seattle fans be incensed at not getting calls is surprisingly satisfying.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe Bendik starting tonight for Philly

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Almada free kick goal is worth finding all the angles of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The Almada free kick goal is worth finding all the angles of.
    That was incredible. I know weird Eurosnobs will scoff at it saying random Euro keeper X would of saved it, but that is just an elite strike.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    That was incredible. I know weird Eurosnobs will scoff at it saying random Euro keeper X would of saved it, but that is just an elite strike.

An MLS keeper legend with an opinion that I would never have thought of

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you watch MLS 360, you realise just how chaotic MLS is for the last 10 minutes of games.

All that lack of tactical discipline is just 10x worse when people are tired & pressure is on & the weirdness starts.

Case in point - Club Foot tonight against Joe freaking Bendik

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you watch MLS 360, you realise just how chaotic MLS is for the last 10 minutes of games.

All that lack of tactical discipline is just 10x worse when people are tired & pressure is on & the weirdness starts.

Case in point - Club Foot tonight against Joe freaking Bendik
    That final goal by Montreal was a screamer.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SJ is just bad. Even us depleted next weekend should probably get a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle getting back into good form and looked better but couldnt on LAFC

Chicago and San Jose still two trash teams...Chicago blows a 2 goal lead at home and ends in a 3-3 draw vs Cincy...the well dressed Hendrickson looks like hes just standing around and clueless...San Jose a 0-3 loss vs STL

Montreal finally got their first win and it was with two goals in the final minutes...Philly not having an amazing start to the season

Dallas beats SKC and has a strong start with 7 points in 4 and SKC on the results side looks the same as the way they ended last year...but just gave an extension to Vermes

Atlanta gives a 5-1 whooping to Portland and also has a great start but the question is if they can keep it going...definitely getting close to time to make a coaching change for Portland

New England and NYC with home wins vs Nashville and DC

Charlotte with an away win vs Orlando

Houston with the first win in the Ben Olsen era over Austin who doesnt look like all that anymore

Colorado vs Minnesota and Galaxy vs Vancouver the last ones of the night and weekend as theres nothing tomorrow...Colorado just scored and the pressure could be going up on Heath who is in his 7th season there and hasnt brought them a single title

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minnesota scores to make it 1-1 and Vancouver takes the lead

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of odd results this week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal beating Philly is probably the most unexpected? I didn’t catch the match myself but looks like Quioto had quite the performance.

St. Louis continues their streak.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An MLS keeper legend with an opinion that I would never have thought of

Love when people find and share these gems. Learned something interesting. Thanks.

Although I am not so sure the Portland GK was getting to that ball in any scenario! He was positioned almost next to the post the ball went in off, even though his first half step was the wrong way.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-19-2023 at 07:26 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those Atlanta highlights, wow… makes me feel better about getting a point out of that game.

We are the only team to deny them points in 4 games.

The rest of the league needs them to sell Almada this summer! If not, Atlanta may be an unstoppable team.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-19-2023 at 07:20 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, we are now above the playoff line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened with Montreala equalizer last night? Watching the highlights in my tired state and it looked like they went to var to review....a previous var decision?