Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI - an unscheduled until this week TTC closure on the Yonge line (York Mills to Bloor).

Rest of system as it was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we don't beat Miami BM (before Messi) in the frigid cold, we might never beat Miami. This is not a must win, but it is definitely a should win.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FYI - an unscheduled until this week TTC closure on the Yonge line (York Mills to Bloor).

Rest of system as it was.
    Shuttle buses at Bloor are a pain in the neck, even more of a reason to watch from home on what is expected to be an ice cold freezing night.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Did anyone hear if Miami came up early? Have to think it'll be a bit of a shock, below zero...
    Hey jloome, FYI...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, the crowd was quite large last week - lots of people in all sections. Looked like the announced 25K.

This week?

Well I havn't seen "we have tickets for tomorrow's game" tweets from the team in a looooong time. Saw some yesterday. Maybe because the game is free on Apple they were hoping for a spectacle. And if we had a good spring day, I think it might have been.

But winter hanging on is not helping...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, the crowd was quite large last week - lots of people in all sections. Looked like the announced 25K.

This week?

Well I havn't seen "we have tickets for tomorrow's game" tweets from the team in a looooong time. Saw some yesterday. Maybe because the game is free on Apple they were hoping for a spectacle. And if we had a good spring day, I think it might have been.

But winter ha
    I stand corrected on my prediction from the home opener last week. I was actually surprised/impressed about how full the stadium appeared come the 10th/15th minute.

And this time of year is such a toss up in southern ontario. If you were to look at historical data, by March 18th some years snow and cold temps had been long gone for weeks already, probably had a couple days up to 10 degrees, at least one day up to 15 degrees and maybe that one surprise day where it hit 18-20 degrees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an irrationally wild optimism that today is the day we turn it around and win by a couple, this Miami team is very beatable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the home opener - it was absolutely frigid. While I try to go to as many games as I can in person, 2 matches in below 0C is too much. Will watch on Apple this week.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jonymcg93 View Post
    I went to the home opener - it was absolutely frigid. While I try to go to as many games as I can in person, 2 matches in below 0C is too much. Will watch on Apple this week.
    I expect the stadium to be less than half full tonight, I’m seeing tickets on resale for$16 . Are supporters not interested or is tonight’s weather, I suspect at bit of both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I have an irrationally wild optimism that today is the day we turn it around and win by a couple, this Miami team is very beatable
    Here's some more irrational, superstitious, optimism for you today. Decided to wear after many years my original Onyx alternative kit jersey from the DeRo- Gilberto- Defoe- Bradley- Findley era that I wore for most, like to believe- shhhh! the household lore is, every match in 2017! A little tight. C'mon TFC! ...in 'Bernadette Ski' ear-worm.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-18-2023 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I expect the stadium to be less than half full tonight, I’m seeing tickets on resale for$16 . Are supporters not interested or is tonight’s weather, I suspect at bit of both.
    Weather for me since I have important stuff to do tomorrow and don't want to feel shit after 4-5 hours of freezing. I would however honestly say that the play on the field has a small impact but not for the reason you would say. I just realize that when it's damp, frigid, and windy like this then the play for both teams, any teams really, will be shitty.

It's pretty stupid to schedule northern matches at night in March. Either play them in the afternoon or else let us go back to the good old 4-6 away matches to start the season. I would prefer the long away stretch and then let us get down to business in April.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    A little tight.
    It is ever thus. Plus, it's like a subtle nudge to start drinking and get tighter.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've had glorious weather for March games in the past - this winter just hasn't ended yet.

They are talking about highs of 9 next week so hopefully by the 3rd home game in 2 weeks, things are better.

But I just had a squall off a lake go by my window followed 10 minutes later by blue sky - March is unpredictable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can never predict the weather , especially this time of year , heck we had a day a couple weeks ago where it’s was almost 20c and sunny. Today had been bouncing between blue sky and white out snow flurries in a matter of minutes. It definitely will have an affect on the numbers in the stands tonight. This is a weird weather day.

We've had glorious weather for March games in the past - this winter just hasn't ended yet.

They are talking about highs of 9 next week so hopefully by the 3rd home game in 2 weeks, things are better.

But I just had a squall off a lake go by my window followed 10 minutes later by blue sky - March is unpredictable.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    You can never predict the weather , especially this time of year , heck we had a day a couple weeks ago where it’s was almost 20c and sunny. Today had been bouncing between blue sky and white out snow flurries in a matter of minutes. It definitely will have an affect on the numbers in the stands tonight. This is a weird weather day.
    You can never predict the weather, but you can predict that it'll be a hell of a lot colder at 9pm than 3pm.
    These evening kick off times in March are ridiculous.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those craving an English accent on the call

Tony Husband - from Devon ex BBC & Nashville pbp

Ross Smith - born in Guelph but a WEIRD English influenced accent - he spent time in Kent but it sounds like something out of a trawler in the North Sea - if you have watched a Portland match the last 10 years...that was him on the colour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ross Smith - born in Guelph but a WEIRD English influenced accent - he spent time in Kent but it sounds like something out of a trawler in the North Sea - if you have watched a Portland match the last 10 years...that was him on the colour
    I just assumed he moved over there at some point.

Tony Husband used to be on Match of the Day, which still gets my vote for most iconic theme song that is clearly ancient.

https://youtu.be/HiDgXAORsMM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm growing more and more excited for the day TFC doesn't have a Brit on the call. As a dude born in Brum but raised in Ontario, the tired old British mentality around footy is really getting old. Gimme Canadians, gimme Americans, gimme Latin Americans.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, the commentators ARE in Toronto for this match - not sure if that was true last week but these two are doing the game live & in person.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jonymcg93 View Post

Yup, that was my call too. Between the weather & the subway, I just couldn't make this trip. Will be watching on Apple tonight.

Of course right now its a sunny evening out my window but the windchill making it -14....
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-18-2023 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same as last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, that was my call too. Between the weather & the subway, I just couldn't make this trip. Will be watching on Apple tonight.

Of course right now its a sunny evening out my window but the windchill making it -14....
    Me too. It was actually warmer last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harvey Neville at RB...gotta test him and go at him all night...same for Callender who looks like a weak keeper...hopefully get Rutty in the game to prepare for the absences of next week...Kaye needs a much better game...lets go get that win!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    Harvey Neville at RB...gotta test him and go at him all night...same for Callender who looks like a weak keeper...hopefully get Rutty in the game to prepare for the absences of next week...Kaye needs a much better game...lets go get that win!
    Imagine starting your kid in MLS.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their right side is..... young.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Servania taking corners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Servania taking corners.
    Two of the best corner kicks of the past three years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit Miami look like a team that would rather be anywhere but here. This game could be there for us to make a statement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right away two weak plays from Callender...yup get plenty of shots and crosses in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Imagine starting your kid in MLS.
    Ridiculous. What fan base would tolerate such a thing.