Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miami plays fairly compact, which played better to TFC's formation without Insigne.

Glad to see a win.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did Kaye really look that bad tonight? I was at the game and thought he had a pretty decent game-I know some passes missed the mark but there was a lot of that from everyone tonight. He found Berna to help set up the first one. I left the game thinking he has turned the corner and had his best outing so far this season.

Also The CMNT guys need to bring some Milan Borjan jogging pants back for SJ, that poor guy looked ice cold out there in the first half

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hands finally unfrozen and nice to see a positive crowd again. Cold but fun one.
    Great game by Servania who was everywhere and sped up the game, and Rosted who was a beast winning every ball. Laryea the usual important piece with great runs and dares to be creative and take on players. Miami weren't all that great to be honest but hopefully this builds some momentum going into next one. Oh and a clean sheet!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am so happy and proud with the boys playstyle tonight, first half was finding a way at half they regrouped and certainly picked up a notch, lets hope this can continue in the season, this was amazing and kudos to them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    What was the attendance? On TV it looked less than half full?
    According to MLS website it was 20,701. It must be based on tickets sold, sure it didn't look like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a cold one. TFC was the better team and deserved the win. Servania was great - might be the new Mark. Let's keep this going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    According to MLS website it was 20,701. It must be based on tickets sold, sure it didn't look like it.
    Agreed. Looked maybe 1/3 full at best. Depends on how much 200s sold which don’t show on tv.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn’t watch the game, only saw the highlights.

- the first goal, dream goal, Oso to Kaye to Fede to Laryea to Oso. CMNT special with a little Fede spice. Kaye with the key ball that opened the play up. Oso doing a perfect Jozy impression on the finish.

- the second goal, that was no accident. It was just incredibly difficult. For sure Kaye got a bit lucky there, but man, that guy has some serious neck muscles/control. Also the delivery was picture perfect - I don’t know if anyone here, including Gio or VV, has ever been this good at delivering FKs into the box.

- as others said, if it was on net, SJ was there. The game could have gone differently as Miami misfired on at least three glorious chances. Maybe some TFC chances did not make it into the highlight package, but from highlights alone, good chances seemed pretty even.

- bottom line, a clean sheet victory is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered. Great to see.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-19-2023 at 06:10 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hands and feet still thawing out...but glad we finally got a win. So cold.

Fede was the man, two assists. Our midfield continues to get overun. And I thought finally, bradley gets an early yellow, slow as molasses, will get subbed off...but no, stays on no matter what.

Johnson was very good...commands his box...so confident. And because of that, the entire team then can be confident as well. Under Bono, every single cross into the box was pure danger, not anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    What happened to the people that only post when we lose or tie?
    Who are you talking about and why the need to single posters out? Serious question?

Why not just be happy we won?

But since no doubt you are are talking about me and some others....

If we would only post when we win, then prior to last night, we hadn't won since August...the board would be dead if we couldn't post about games since we hadn't won.

Also, I was literally AT THE GAME. Why would I post here while I was at the game watching (and freezing my cojones off but still cheering us on no matter what like I do EVERY single home game)? I put my money where my mouth is with seasons. How about you?

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Who are you talking about and why the need to single posters out? Serious question?

If we would only post when we win, then prior to last night, we hadn't won since August...the board would be dead if we couldn't post about games since we hadn't won.

Also, I was literally AT THE GAME. Why would I post here while I was at the game watching (and freezing my cojones off but still cheering us on no matter what like I do EVERY single home game)? I put my money where my mouth is with seasons. How about you?

Cheers.
    Good on you to be there. I couldn’t do it in those temperatures. Especially the wind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Good on you to be there. I couldn’t do it in those temperatures. Especially the wind.
    Even if I wanted to give the tickets away for free, no takers...was too cold..lol.

Pleny of empty seats due to the cold.

Is ridiculous mls scedules at night in March games here...ffs, at least put them in the afternoon. The night games in cold weather are not at all good for the players, and even worse for the fans...especially for families wanting to go.

Why not play the first 4 or 5 away and have them in places like Miami, Orlando, Austin, Houston....instead of here now, freezing..and then in the summer those places where its unbearable heat....just idiotic planning from the league. Rant over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Massive improvement this game! Players looked more in sync and motivated. There were a lot of errant passes, but hard to be upset about the results. Much better from the midfield, especially Servania. Gotta love SJ! Seemed like Kerr was the only player who didn’t really show up. Much better announcers too. All in all, just what the doctor ordered!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Early for league stats, I know but hmm, Kaye is tied in 6th (with Bernadeschi) for goals and he’s fourth in interceptions (two behind league leader Canouse). Involved in most of our goals scored.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 03-19-2023 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Early for league stats, I know but hmm, Kaye is tied in 6th (with Bernadeschi) for goals and he’s fourth in interceptions (two behind Canouse). Involved in most of our goals scored.
    Going to do a Kaye thread, when I get a minute (or maybe someone else wants to). Feel like he deserves some serious discussion.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Important information about how to watch a full game afterwards

https://worldsoccertalk.com/tv/mls-s...ST-421428.html

How to find full-game replays of games in MLS Season Pass

1. Go to Apple TV app
    2. Select MLS Season Pass
    3. Find the game you want to watch on replay
    4. Click the ‘Go to Game’ button
    5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you get to ‘How to Watch’
    6. Press and hold the ‘MLS Season Pass’ button under ‘How to watch’ to see the different versions available, including the full 90 minutes

MLS Season Pass offers different options for replays such as a 7-minute recap, the full 90 minutes, as well as a full 90 minutes in Spanish-language.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Going to do a Kaye thread, when I get a minute (or maybe someone else wants to). Feel like he deserves some serious discussion.
    Probably about time esp. given Oso has been filling in up top for Insigne (despite Insigne having a full camp and Oso missing it).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one of the things I'm noticing is that we're just in more spots, more often. Last year, that MAK goal would simply not exist because nobody would think to be there. Defensively, some shots that are pressured simply wouldn't be and would be higher quality in the box. This team is simply more 'present' and even though we've collapsed in typical TFC fashion the first three matches, I think there's space to be optimistic.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers.
    Well said, I’m not going to post when I’m down at the stadium trying not to get hypothermia? And yes Bradley needs to come off

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Well said, I’m not going to post when I’m down at the stadium trying not to get hypothermia? And yes Bradley needs to come off
    Complaining about MB after a match we won, controlled, got a clean sheet, and he played fine in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some of you are more fans of being right than of the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Complaining about MB after a match we won, controlled, got a clean sheet, and he played fine in.
    He’s played pretty well so far this season. As to be expected in the early going. With a midfield of Oso, Kaye and Servania we’re also in a decent position for the first time in a while to give him a rest.

Once everyone is healthy (and let’s hope to god that happens) we should be competitive everywhere on the pitch. For me (and still tbd) striker is the main issue at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Important information about how to watch a full game afterwards

https://worldsoccertalk.com/tv/mls-s...ST-421428.html
    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    He’s played pretty well so far this season. As to be expected in the early going. With a midfield of Oso, Kaye and Servania we’re also in a decent position for the first time in a while to give him a rest.

Once everyone is healthy (and let’s hope to god that happens) we should be competitive everywhere on the pitch. For me (and still tbd) striker is the main issue at the moment.
    I agree the lack of a striker to me is our biggest issue. We have no striker that is scaring the opposition and and they can play to try and choke off the wing especially Bern and Richie. Last night our strikers really didn’t create much. Really happy with S.J.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are in a play off spot now (although its partly because MLS has just expanded the playoffs way too much)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We needed that. Strong performance from top to bottom, and something we can build on moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First and foremost that was a very important win for the boys.

I think on another night some of our individual errors would have cost us, but otherwise solid performance where the result never really seemed in doubt.

MAK still leaves a lot be be desired. Massive pass to set up the first goal, of course, but he otherwise looks like his engine is not yet in drive. I think everyone here has noticed just how great a pickup Servania has been. There's a lot of talk about Fede and Insigne (rightly so), but Servania and SJ might well be the two most important signings in the BB era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He also hasn't looked slow, and hasn't been overrun. People who have a narrative stick with the narrative. If anything, he looks like he's been working on his quickness and stamina this year. He's been pretty good.

Servania was very good. Kaye has ups and downs but his ups in the last two games have been pretty significant.

Oso was much better, far more active, good pace for the first time this season, beating that ball to the goalline.

Really, I'm not sure how anyone complains about anything after that performance, it was pretty solid. It probably help, as Og noted, that they were quite narrow and not defensively aggressive enough. The cold certainly affected them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oranje boven View Post
    I agree the lack of a striker to me is our biggest issue. We have no striker that is scaring the opposition and and they can play to try and choke off the wing especially Bern and Richie. Last night our strikers really didn’t create much. Really happy with S.J.
    Yeah, we need a striker, no doubt. They're both young still but neither looks multi-dimensional and always dangerous. We really need someone good in the air, to keep the centre backs honest, because our strength is always going to be richie/fede/insigne/pedretta causing havoc from wide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers.
    There is nothing wrong about making posts that are critical of the club. In fact it is the norm in Europe and other parts of the world where there exists a true football culture. In these places the fan base holds the players and management much more accountable then here in North America where the fans are less passionate and engaged.

Everyone who posts on this site has the same thing in common, they care about the team. If the size of the true supporter base would only increase enough then management could focus on proper roster construction, rather than signing "big name" players who sell tickets to casual fans, but may not be the best for helping the team win trophies.