Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 4 - Miami @ TFC Saturday March 18 7:39 pm - Its Like every Moment

was an Attack

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone seen a post from LeedsandTFC recently? I don’t recall seeing a post from this person since the regular season started. I wonder why?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...gloating over somebody who was positive not being here when the team is not getting results seems a little harsh. With some variance, you can pretty much chart who posts when the team is not doing well - I tend to block most of the consistent "we are awful" types because their opinions don't meet the eye test.

e.g. I'd put that defensive lineup as better then we had in 2017 - more organized for sure. Our midfield has issues, but we knew that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmm...gloating over somebody who was positive not being here when the team is not getting results seems a little harsh. With some variance, you can pretty much chart who posts when the team is not doing well - I tend to block most of the consistent "we are awful" types because their opinions don't meet theeye test.

e.g. I'd put that defensive lineup as better then we had in 2017 - more organized for sure. Our midfield has issues, but we knew that.
    Not to throw dirt but the flip side of that positivity was seeking out anyone who had a contrary viewpoint and making back-handed comments.

I agree with your point this board should be able to accommodate different perspectives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I talk to LeedsandTFC on Twitter occasionally. He is a good guy. Zero reason to be happy he hasn't posted here lately.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Not to throw dirt but the flip side of that positivity was seeking out anyone who had a contrary viewpoint and making back-handed comments.

I agree with your point this board should be able to accommodate different perspectives.

Yup....but like most football forums, the amount of noise goes way up when we are not winning.

That, and Saturday was not fun to be at the game - wet, cold, windy & an awful second half with a frustrating lack of response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched Saturday's game again. Our attack completely transformed with Victor Vazquez on the pitch. Our best offensive sequences in the second half started with Victor.

At 36, he can't play 90 minutes, but we need him for whatever he can give right now. Could be play 60-70 minutes against Miami?

We need him.

Add Insigne and Victor to the starting XI and I believe we can turn the corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup....but like most football forums, the amount of noise goes way up when we are not winning.

That, and Saturday was not fun to be at the game - wet, cold, windy & an awful second half with a frustrating lack of response.
    All true. And the sky often falls here after a loss, no matter what. Two road games and a badly scheduled home opener is not much to go on. It’s not possible that we don’t improve. How much is the question. The main point of most commentary attempting to be objective was that we have little depth. Playing two kids with no MLS experience in a close home opener speaks right away to that. But there will be good nights at BMO to come this season. And frankly, this league is such that you can suck for 2/3rds of the season, get hot and win the cup. For me, I’d just like to see football nice enough to merit buying tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I watched Saturday's game again. Our attack completely transformed with Victor Vazquez on the pitch. Our best offensive sequences in the second half started with Victor.

At 36, he can't play 90 minutes, but we need him for whatever he can give right now. Could be play 60-70 minutes against Miami?

We need him.

Add Insigne and Victor to the starting XI and I believe we can turn the corner.
    Victor was the only one later in that half playing smart forward balls and he set up Berne once or twice. We actually could have got the 2nd because of him. It was too bad they scored just after he came on. And I think VV for Servania was not the right sub. However, if we can find a way to get him onto the pitch he’s going help us keep possession and get chances.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 03-13-2023 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...gloating over somebody who was positive not being here when the team is not getting results seems a little harsh. With some variance, you can pretty much chart who posts when the team is not doing well - I tend to block most of the consistent "we are awful" types because their opinions don't meet the eye test.

Not gloating at all just wondering why he stopped posting. If you recall there was some speculation that he was linked to the club in some form rather than being just a typical fan.

Hey I want the team to win too. I kept checking the app after the game hoping that the post game interviews would be uploaded but nothing until Sunday but only with BB, no players.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 03-13-2023 at 08:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Not gloating at all just wondering why he stopped posting. If you recall there was some speculation that he was linked to the club in some form rather than being just a typical fan.

Hey I want the team to win too. I kept checking the app after the game hoping that the post game interviews would be uploaded but nothing until Sunday but only with BB, no players.
    Hah, stridently upbeat on this forum brings suspicions of being a spy. That’s a little bit too telling about what happens on the internet. I only wish management was so deeply engaged that they’d hire someone to post upbeat stuff here all the time. But joking aside, there have been TFC employees who have posted here quite openly. Maybe that was in the more innocent, less PR = professional social media days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as long as the boys continue to improve this should be a good game to start gelling, i hope Insigne is back as he was training with the team last week, even if on the bench, maybe come on as a sub and i hope we can get our first W of many

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far, I'm still very much trying to understand why our passing percentages are so piss poor. Last two matches may have been an exaggeration but fuck me, 74% completion is not what you want.

Eye test says Kaye has been on the receiving or delivering end a lot. But something tells me it's team/philosophy-wide.
    Last edited by Yuushalinsky; 03-14-2023 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Victor was the only one later in that half playing smart forward balls and he set up Berne once or twice. We actually could have got the 2nd because of him. It was too bad they scored just after he came on. And I think VV for Servania was not the right sub. However, if we can find a way to get him onto the pitch he’s going help us keep possession and get chances.
    Should have been VV for Osorio.

Servania had an excellent match and is our only source of pace / speed in midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    So far, I'm still very much trying to understand why our passing percentages are so piss poor. Last two matches may have been an exaggeration but fuck me, 74% completion is not what you want.

Eye test says Kaye has been on the receiving or delivering end a lot. But something tells me it's team/philosophy-wide.
    It is hard to understand. You would think players that have been together and playing the same system since last summer would at least have a base to work off of. Instead, it’s like everyone is new this year. As posted previously by Og, I think, the new defence seems the most familiar already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne playing in this one?

Bottom line, is already at game four, truly a must win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Insigne playing in this one?

Bottom line, is already at game four, truly a must win.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he was pulled out of the lineup Saturday due to sub-zero temperatures. Seems like his injury is muscle related, and there's a big risk to those kinds of injuries in colder weather. Unfortunately looks to be below zero again Saturday in the the early weather forecasts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne out for the next 3-4 matches per the usual journos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He’s cooked.. I’d be surprised if he finishes the year let alone the contract

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Insigne out for the next 3-4 matches per the usual journos.
    Someone else really needs to step up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    He's a player with a pretty consistent record of playing between 40-50 games a season with one injury, I think speculating on his demise is...a little premature

Leaves us in a very tough spot for Saturday. That'll be a real test now. Miami are, I think, a little worse than their results would imply and this team can beat them. I wouldn't be shocked to get a win here, despite everything. I'm more interested in the performance tbh. I'd take an unlucky draw or even a loss but with the team showing what it could do vs a lucky win, I mainly want signs of life at this stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    He's a player with a pretty consistent record of playing between 40-50 games a season with one injury, I think speculating on his demise is...a little premature

Leaves us in a very tough spot for Saturday. That'll be a real test now. Miami are, I think, a little worse than their results would imply and this team can beat them. I wouldn't be shocked to get a win here, despite everything. I'm more interested in the performance tbh. I'd take an unlucky draw or even a loss but with the team showing what it could do vs a lucky win, I mainly want signs of life at this stage.
    Miami lost their DP and Captain to injury for the season - could be worse with Insigne.

I assume we line up same as first half against Columbus?

I'm assuming Akinola and Diomande are still toast?
    Last edited by SenorDingDong; 03-14-2023 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to go here yet. If he's still borderline seems crazy to rush him back into these bad playing conditions. That's my optimistic take.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    I'm assuming Akinola and Diomande are still toast?
    Akinola back in training so we're all good Saturday. Maybe he was the missing piece to make the offense work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miami's defensive midfielder Gregore is out for surgery, apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just hopeful Petratta is not injured.

With the acquisition of Gutierrez, do we see Petratta move up to Insigne's role and Guti playing as the left back? Leave Franklin as the emergency sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately- , you may not be wrong; I have a respect for that probability. For now, my gut is telling me, 'aggravation of the groin' will mean, we do not see Lolo on the pitch until end of April/start of May.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is our best lineup and formation?

I really don't feel like we have found it yet (outside the back 4).