Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC Legends/Row! Who Is/Isn't? Who Should/Shouldn't Be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few to many more can certainly be nominated. Much to be discussed. I'll start with perhaps the more obvious of an oversight... JMO before Seba? I suspect the current selection's differentiation is that they all engaged the community after their retirement in some sort of capacity with and on behalf of TFC.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-12-2023 at 03:46 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those pictures are about as good as our kit this year.............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all due respect to those three great club ambassadors, Giovinco not being there is a major error and I'm far from one of those obsessive-Seba fans. I guess because he hasn't formally retired?

I guess this is basically the second coming of that old wall of honour on the West Side that was under the exec boxes that had Dichio and Brennan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Those pictures are about as good as our kit this year.............
    Fair. Just like the unease expressed by some over the process, design, and designer of the new TFC Kit, there seems to be some similar concern over this initiative; the selection process. The tone of one of these reference posts is unnecessary, but that is twitter. Nonetheless, perhaps the perception is legitimate. I suspect it is too much to ask for TFC to have some sort of general supporter/SSH engagement and input on these matters; open submission/contest or poll for the best of at least a few selections in regards to 'a supporter designed' kit or TFC Legends candidates.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-12-2023 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Fair. Just like the unease expressed by some over the process, design, and designer of the new TFC Kit, there seems to be some similar concern over this initiative; the selection process. The tone of one of these reference posts is unnecessary, but that is twitter. Nonetheless, perhaps the perception is legitimate. I suspect it is too much to ask for TFC to have some sort of general supporter/SSH engagement and input on these matters; open submission/contest or poll for the best of at least a few selections in regards to 'a supporter designed' kit or TFC Legends candidates.

Appreciate your contributions here, sir. However, the two guys you have quoted here have proven to be both scammers and women haters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like with a lot of thing with this club it has such a rinky dink feeling. Yes lets put the honour row above a food stand next to the public toilet.

You cant find a nicer spot somewhere in the stadium? Lets not even start with the images.

They honestly should hold a competition for someone paint to paint a complete wall mural. You would get a lot of amazing artists creating a memorable piece of history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Like with a lot of thing with this club it has such a rinky dink feeling. Yes lets put the honour row above a food stand next to the public toilet.

You cant find a nicer spot somewhere in the stadium? Lets not even start with the images.

They honestly should hold a competition for someone paint to paint a complete wall mural. You would get a lot of amazing artists creating a memorable piece of history.
    Toronto has always had problems with architecture and aesthetics. History can make up somewhat for that, but this club doesn’t have much of that. Just a bad marketing department. I was going to say “aesthetics department” haha but I think it’s clear that no one at TFC knows even the first thing about that.

Rick Salutin famously said “Maple Leaf Gardens has the aesthetics of a washroom”. Still, it was a temple to hockey… now a supermarket. Nothing in the city is made to last. The “legends” banners that almost no one noticed will probably be gone in a season or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Appreciate your contributions here, sir. However, the two guys you have quoted here have proven to be both scammers and women haters.
    I state this with sincerity, you are among the many posters I value in this Forum. I appreciate your effort to bring such a matter to my attention. Your reply went in a direction I wasn't expecting. Very definite and firm. However, I am not sure how you may want me to proceed. I do have concern about your claims. Foremost, if/that they are accurate; proven, as you assert. Second, what is desired by you from me in any follow-up, since you have taken this initiative; what should I say or do? Obviously, if the statements are unequivocally true, I would consider avoiding to cite the sources in the future. Also, maybe even edit, alter or remove, those sources in question and already highlighted. I will begin by affirming I have no prior knowledge of what you are emphasizing. Be assured, the references made were innocent and specific just to the topic; nothing else, no alternative agenda. Moreover, I am not sure if or how I would be expected to know they are problematic? This forum/board does not provide a 'do not-cite list' to reference and review. In fact, I do not understand which two you are indicating are the proven scammers and women haters? Which of the sources are the issue? In the post I reference 4 accounts; essentially re-quote 3. Please specify which two you find objectionable? You do not name them and the unattributed claims taint the other two unnecessarily. In the meantime, I have attempted my best at cursory google searches of the 4 re-quoted accounts/handles in question, scrolling several pages and finding no clear corroboration. For twitter, have done the same, scrolling awhile. Only one account, so far, may be personally problematic for me. Still, that would be subjective to my own standards. By being active accounts, clearly none have crossed any twitter threshold; however lax that is. Is this information being provided from the perspective of personal experience or is in it in the public arena? Seems I haven't found any unmitigated support for what you confidently contend. Are you able to link me to such public information so I may review and understand for myself? Barring judicial convictions, shunning people, or for that matter subjects, on someones say so alone, is not an immediate default for me. I prefer a self informed and contemplated decision.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-13-2023 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we need the social media links? If the question is what do we think of the banners, maybe just use a photo in this thread?

I find it very odd the club has just hung banners randomly over a loo and without comment. It sounds simply like a lame PR thing. If it was serious you’d think they’d give away free pizza with it. (Forgive my cynicism!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only bit I'd say out of all that is

whoever thinks the south is quiet isn't in it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The absurdity of people complaining about this side project that those individuals paid out-of-pocket for is insane.

Sure, I would have Seba there before Morrow, but the level of moaning over something like this is such a bad look.
    Some people just need to find better hobbies than being haters.

I appreciate the initiative those two supporters took and what they did.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statues would be nice outside the stadium. The Leafs have not won a thing since 67 and they have statues. Dero, Seba, and more TFC Legends...

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Menelaos View Post
    The absurdity of people complaining about this side project that those individuals paid out-of-pocket for is insane.

Sure, I would have Seba there before Morrow, but the level of moaning over something like this is such a bad look.
    Some people just need to find better hobbies than being haters.

I appreciate the initiative those two supporters took and what they did.
    I haven’t heard anything about this being a supporters side project. Is there a story on it somewhere?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    I haven’t heard anything about this being a supporters side project. Is there a story on it somewhere?
    It was created by a members of Kings and U-Sector. Annie and Mike spread headed sit.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without caring all that much... *shakes head*… I do not understand how a TFC legends thing can happen, have three guys to start, and one of them isn’t Jonathan Osorio.

I read the sign they posted, saying it's about past players, but I mean, Oso is so far in front of the pack that the criteria are wrong.

—————

MLS Cup.

Supporters Shield.

CCL final (with a decisive goal that was one of the 5 best in club history, vs Tigres).

CCL Golden Boot and Best XI.

Multiple goals at the Azteca, for both TFC and Canada.

Member of World Cup Squad as active TFC player (and played significant minutes).

Third in all time goals for TFC. Second in all time assists for TFC.

All-time TFC appearance leader.

Local kid. Great person. Not a “mercenary, those guys are just different (I got nothing against mercenaries, hi Fede and Lorenzo!)

—————

Jonathan Osorio is in a class of his own, all by himself, in any “TFC Legends” conversation. In my humble opinion, you are torturing the meaning of “TFC Legend” by having any list without him at the top of it.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-17-2023 at 01:46 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    So some follow-up... details. While I highlighted this initiative for attention and discussion cause it seemed to be an interesting and fun topic, I was sort of meh on any of the intricacies involved. I always welcome individual/group commitment, appreciate those who invest their time and lead any effort. There is collective value for fans in that work. However, I do have some concern; especially towards TFC- the club/organization; given what was subsequently recently learned about the New Kit introduction. Management's out-sourcing of parts of these marketing initiatives. Apprehension over the process, not necessarily about the participants. Obviously 'membership has it's privileges'. Being a TFC SSH no longer seems to be enough though in such instances or circumstances. As in life, even a supporter ecosystem has it's tiers. I suppose by following/engaging on this platform I am in subculture lingo just 'an affiliate'. My limited experience, but with enough exposure to SerieA, suggests there is usually always a 'top dog' leading any curva/terrace. Maybe it is different in our South-End; more of a collective than a bestowed benevolent monopoly. At the very least, I trust, excuse the pun, 'fully patched' RPB members 'got the message', were informed/aware of the poll, it's criteria and their opportunity to participate in the selection process starting circa AUG22 and again circa OCT22? The one that may have presented us with the DeRo, DD and JMo Banners. It's just no RPB members have made any such mention or comments to clarify in this thread so far. It is disappointing to be completely unaware, 'not in the know', of these supporter enhanced projects before they debut. < Edit: Maybe I just need to pay better attention.>

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-18-2023 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Addendum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's cool that the south end has created there own legends...
    Good for building character to the south end.