RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2023 Toronto fc home jersey defective from bmo field

Hey everybody not sure if any of you have brought the new home kit yet . I picked one up last night from bmo field at the south end real sport apparel shop and because it was so busy it I just grabbed my size and brought it . Now being the next day I finally look it over which I should have done before buying it and notice issues with the cresting that was done on it . mls patch is ripped - the apple tv letter is lifting and same with the name on the back, this is probably on of those jerseys that were rush but when you spend almost $200 on a jersey this shouldn't happened
    Attached Images Attached Images

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also bought one and and at half time had to bring it back as all the pressing was done terrible, cracking it peeling. Mls patch is pressed like paint not stitched like old shirts material is terrible it’s a paper press. This washing of this jersey gonna have to be delicate. My advice is if you dont care for all the extra arm adverts get it off the adidas site as it doesn’t come with any if it

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was under the impression that replica kits had the sewn on patches, while authentic kits were iron on. Seems counter intuitive, but thinking the thread on the inside of the jersey where the cresting is can cause chafing?

https://www.worldsoccershop.com/guide/authentic-vs-replica-soccer-jerseys#:~:text=Fit%3A%20Replica%20vs%20Authentic& text=When%20it%20comes%20to%20fit,the%20waist%2C%2 0hips%20and%20arms.

Link above seems to agree. See point #2.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This years mls patch is paper. The the past they were still ironed in but the material was better plastic threaded etc this years will crack and peel in no time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The jersey is a metaphor for this season so far.

It's ugly, too expensive, and falling apart a lot sooner than expected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The jersey is a metaphor for this season so far.

It's ugly, too expensive, and falling apart a lot sooner than expected.
    Someone give this man a cigar.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it wasn't just me than , seems like the jersey pressing was rushed or someone new with lack of experience of using the press... even the name on the back is too high up
    i was able to get a hold of real sports apparel and they are willing to do a exchange , which they should just waiting on a email back to see that they have my size available there at Scotiabank

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya the pressing it’s terrible it’s not hard but pressing does need some time and you gotta know what ur doing. I feel this is just printing rush . Also the material of the mls is terrible

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a jersey last year. Also didn't look too hard thinking all jerseys of this price would be quality in terms of getting done so just grabbed my size and put it in a bag. When I got home I realized it had GE Appliances on both arms and no MLS patch. So I brought it back to the stadium and my wife went to exchange it for me and got me the last one they had in my size. Yeah it had the MLS patch but both MLS patch and GE Appliances were not centered and almost on the back of the arm which unfortunately my wife didn't notice. WTF. So the season ended soon after and I was able to work with Real Sports to exchange it but first one I looked at was also messed up. In the end I took the best one they had but still not centered on the sleeve like my other jerseys. Not even sure I ever want to buy a jersey again after all that. Now to hear these stories this year about the new one.... Nothing has changed. Terrible. How hard is it to centre something on a sleeve.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    I was under the impression that replica kits had the sewn on patches, while authentic kits were iron on. Seems counter intuitive, but thinking the thread on the inside of the jersey where the cresting is can cause chafing?

https://www.worldsoccershop.com/guide/authentic-vs-replica-soccer-jerseys#:~:text=Fit%3A%20Replica%20vs%20Authentic& text=When%20it%20comes%20to%20fit,the%20waist%2C%2 0hips%20and%20arms.

Link above seems to agree. See point #2.
    Thanks for that link. Interesting stuff.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can buy from adidas site and some soccer stores but they don’t have all the mls patch and arm ads which may be a good thing since bmo can’t put it on properly. For those looking to get a shirt from bmo really look at the shirt before you buy lots of things wrong lettering of name and number and ads on sleeve. Most of the time the are no done right. Also saw lots of jerseys with the plastic from the pressure still stuck on the arm so you have to buy it and remove it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never received a email back from realsports , I had to go down to scotia bank arena on Wednesday to talk to a cashier which ended up speaking to the manager that hid around the corner for a exchanged but of course they were out of stock … Now I wait till the game to see what they have now