Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I usually turn off the stream at the half and come back at the restart. The same for Fubo FPL games to be honest. Don't care to watch anything outside of the game. I'm so glad not to be using illegal streams or, worse, TSN with Wileman and Caldwell that any commentating is fine by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    This is me too. I tuned into the first pre-game show on Apple and decided going forward I get that 30 min of my life for something else since I will never watch that again. For the most part I have always done that weather with TSN, Fubo or DAZN. Really don't care myself about all these "expert's" opinions are. I would rather discuss stuff with all the fine folks on this forum.
    Couldn't agree more.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its interesting about the half time shows as I expected Apple to bring it back to the studio for a proper halftime show like they do in the NFL. Or least to take 360 into halftime show mode & talk about other games. I don't mind what they are doing because it beats what TSN used to do

3 minutes commercial

1 minutes of "Well Stevie or Kevin or Julian, what is your talking point"

2 minutes of highlights

2 minutes of "talking points"

3 minutes commercials

2 minutes of "highlights from around the league tonight"

2 minutes commecials

2nd Half

Oh wait...that is EXACTLY what they are doing....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    History: Most of us who grew up here watching soccer in the 70's & 80's & 90's have had an English voice tell us what was good. The first Italian voices didn't show up until the late 80's & they were quickly ghettoized to "ethnic" channels.
    True about the live international broadcasts/feeds. IIUC, it also helps that the 1970 World Cup in Mexico was the first to be transmitted via satellite by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The first, the pioneers, in this matter, of football's global telecasts/television broadcasts, always have a special place in the hearts and minds of fanatics. I seem to remember as a child before and sometime still after that period some seminal matches were watched at locations like MLG? Locals? In my fathers household- Mid 70's? We always had time to listen to the voice of a personality from his generation... the English/Scottish of Graham Leggat. Local Canadian/English honourable mentions? Perhaps T-Blizzard... Brian Budd, as well as, Enio Perruzza? Italian Serie A? Maybe Paolo Canciani?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopes for this match... TFC maintain their renewed commitment to defense. Build and test their abilities to challenge and regain possession. Finally... probe and exploit opportunities of attack. At the same time, that Fede 'Bernadette Ski'- according to Apple Caption- is rewarded with a third consecutive goal for the deserving record and especially this...

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-08-2023 at 01:19 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I never take the GO train usually but if I recall last year there was some kind of day pass that was available (half price of round trip if I recall) that I had no idea about until the season was basically over so I was driving the whole time because I could park for less than a single person round trip and bring multiple people with me. Anyone know of any promo thing going on this year with GO or just the full fare right now on gameday? I wish TFC would get a deal going to promote GO since there is a station right beside the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I never take the GO train usually but if I recall last year there was some kind of day pass that was available (half price of round trip if I recall) that I had no idea about until the season was basically over so I was driving the whole time because I could park for less than a single person round trip and bring multiple people with me. Anyone know of any promo thing going on this year with GO or just the full fare right now on gameday? I wish TFC would get a deal going to promote GO since there is a station right beside the stadium.
    $10 day pass

https://www.gotransit.com/en/travell...passes-with-go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sadly looking forward to this game in person- however- same issues i seen- everyone is happy that TFC drew with ATL- - the underlying issue - there is no offense to this team.

FB with a brilliant individual effort again- go back to the first game- PK and Free Kick - no goals in the flow of play which is really scary to me.

going back last season, majority of goals were scored by brilliant individual performances by either LI/FB/Crisicito.

my issue is -lack of possession + critical mistakes when TFC has an opportunity to take advantage.

I also am guessing LI doesnt like it at TFC- the fact FB is consistently out performing him also seems to be another underlying issue- even LI instagram post as of yesterday posted a picture of him in a Napoli kit celebrating ( i know napoli is on fire right now)

which also begs to question- after LI left Napoli suddenly became a lot better. It should be his team but I feel based on performance, consistency and longevity -this is becoming FB team.

I look forward to hoping to have 40% possesion, 4 shots with at least 2 on target with over 80% pass success.

unfortunately the coach for Columbus was not pleased with his teams performance after winning due to the fact -Columbus didnt win the possession battle.

Contrast to all of TFC supporters being happy with the away point, with terrible passing, terrible possession and no real threat of actually scoring. I feel like columbus will come out trying to make up for their last game with strong possession- even though they won - their coach actually was not pleased.

VS TFC happy with a point, which could have easily been a loss if that offside goal wasn't reversed.

I hope to be wrong and would like to see either one of the mid-fields to be benched in favor of Servania preferably kaye or bradley- although osorio shouldnt get a pass either.

the past three seasons - have really lowered expectations and set the bar low to what will please a TFC supporter which is unfortunate in my opinion.
    Last edited by FootBallAZ; 03-08-2023 at 11:37 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    I hope to be wrong and would like to see either one of the mid-fields to be benched in favor of Servania preferably kaye or bradley- although osorio shouldnt get a pass either.
    On form Osorio should probably sit but I would prefer a 4 man midfield and minimize what we need to toss up top since other than FB currently, it's just an assortment of crap.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    Thanks man. I need to tune up my Google search skills.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am reminded that people have the right to say "Crap" but gawd there are times when I just want to quote Oddball in here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone needs to sit on Luca Zelarayan, but I fear no one in our midfield is capable of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Someone needs to sit on Luca Zelarayan, but I fear no one in our midfield is capable of that.
    Bradley & Servinia?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Bradley & Servinia?
    If it takes two guys to do that, we are giving Nagbe the ability to run the match and leaving Hedges and Rosted the job of watching Cucho. This is an awful match up for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    If it takes two guys to do that, we are giving Nagbe the ability to run the match and leaving Hedges and Rosted the job of watching Cucho. This is an awful match up for us.
    He's so influential for them it's honestly worth playing with a shadow. Have Servania, as he has the speed, sit on him the entire game. If he steps over half, he's all over him like a shadow at noon.

Take Zelarayan out of the game and Columbus usually doesn't win.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same broadcast crew that did the Atlanta game

People getting their English voice....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks man. I need to tune up my Google search skills.
    Apparently there is major platform contruction at Exhibition GO Station (of course) and a Leafs game at 7:00pm, so expect a GO train nightmare, as always public transit in Toronto is still a shitshow and will be when we host WC games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Same broadcast crew that did the Atlanta game

People getting their English voice....
    I was wondering why the guy doing commentary sounded so familiar, turns out he calls New Jersey Devils games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been thinking of the 3-5-2(or 3-4-1-2) and how it might serve the team best. Could mitigate the lack of 90 min players in the mid. Something like:

———————Johnson———————
    ——O’Neill——Hedges——Rosted——
    Layrea-Bradley/Servinia-Kaye/Osorio-Petretta
    ——————Insigne/Vasquez———————
    ————Berna————Akinola/Diamonde—

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Watching those drone stadium episodes on apple makes it so sad how BMO has fallen way behind as a stadium
    Yes it’s very sad, we had the chance to really get BMO upgraded to one of the best stadiums in MLS with it hosting some World Cup games in 2026 but no instead will get some temporary stands bullshit put in. Therefore , if hosting an event like the World Cup can’t get us a proper enclosed soccer stadium then nothing will. There will be a new Scotia Bank Arena before we ever or ever get a proper stadium for soccer in this city . Very sad indeed , I’ve been a season ticket holder since day one but the stadium experience sucks and don’t know how much longer I can go attending games in that sorry excuse of a stadium seeing what other MLS teams are playing in. Not getting a permanent reno even with the World Cup coming is more or less the final straw for me !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been thinking of the 3-5-2(or 3-4-1-2) and how it might serve the team best. Could mitigate the lack of 90 min players in the mid. Something like:

———————Johnson———————
    Don't hate this - especially with our relative quality at wing back now, it would let us take advantage of two workhorses in Petretta and Laryea while having more overlap for our strike team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Don't hate this - especially with our relative quality at wing back now, it would let us take advantage of two workhorses in Petretta and Laryea while having more overlap for our strike team.
    Plus it's familiar to Richie; it's the style (as a 343 but really it's a 3-4-1-2) he played at Nottingham Forest last season. Don't think anyone here uses it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Plus it's familiar to Richie; it's the style (as a 343 but really it's a 3-4-1-2) he played at Nottingham Forest last season. Don't think anyone here uses it.
    I'm honestly confused as to why we don't run it more often in general - unless it's because CB/FB quality usually isn't high enough compared to the forward quality in the league, but I think it would be a great way for us to work if we've got studs at that wing position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Apparently there is major platform contruction at Exhibition GO Station (of course) and a Leafs game at 7:00pm, so expect a GO train nightmare, as always public transit in Toronto is still a shitshow and will be when we host WC games.
    https://www.gotransit.com/en/the-fut.../exhibition-go

Construction on the south platform (Platform 4) is progressing and by Saturday, March 11, before the first train service, the previously closed portion will reopen. We have completed curb work on the platform as well as foundation work for the new temporary pedestrian bridge. Work will continue to extend Platform 4 further east to make space for future Ontario Line construction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    I'm honestly confused as to why we don't run it more often in general - unless it's because CB/FB quality usually isn't high enough compared to the forward quality in the league, but I think it would be a great way for us to work if we've got studs at that wing position.
    Seems like BB is wedded to the idea of only using two CB’s regardless of the reality of the roster. Hopefully it’s not true and he shows he’s able too adapt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    https://www.gotransit.com/en/the-fut.../exhibition-go

Construction on the south platform (Platform 4) is progressing and by Saturday, March 11, before the first train service, the previously closed portion will reopen. We have completed curb work on the platform as well as foundation work for the new temporary pedestrian bridge. Work will continue to extend Platform 4 further east to make space for future Ontario Line construction.

Good to hear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

———————Johnson———————
    Is Diomande out/injured? Is Akinola expected to play/start? Does the season of Perruzza begin?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And, here's what people need to know about TTC in the area - there are some long term issues

If you want to go to Liberty Village via TTC, plan on taking a bus or walking up from the Ex station

a) King Car not running in that area - shuttle buses along King from Bathurst to Dundas West - King Cars from the East diverting to Fleet St Loop (not going all the way to the Ex)

https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisorie...structure-work

b) The Dufferin bus is not going to the Dufferin loop - its going through Liberty Village - expect delays

https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisorie...g-sewer-repair

There are NO subway closures this weekend.

For those who don't know, GO have opened up the second exit on the North side of the Ex Go station. We still have the bottleneck at the south end.

We shall see if the GO canine unit comes out this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Ossington 63 seems to be running?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    ^
    Ossington 63 seems to be running?
    Yes...usual slow stuff around Liberty Village even more with the Dufferin & King Bus sitiuation but...still going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

———————Johnson———————
    Would love to see this... now tell stubborn Bradley to actually try some new formations.