Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 3 - Columbus @ TFC Sat March 11 7:38pm - Ooh, I got you I got you I got....

Ooh, What you do, what you do

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I was seriously considering that if we had to deal with Caldwell et al on the away games this year, that I would watch only while listening to long trance dance mixes instead of the play by play - just to reduce the negative vibes)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    (I was seriously considering that if we had to deal with Caldwell et al on the away games this year, that I would watch only while listening to long trance dance mixes instead of the play by play - just to reduce the negative vibes)
    I was hoping he wouldn’t be on home games either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately something to consider, especially given he conditions - the pitch is likely to be a factor in how we are able to play.

By now I think it's a matter of fact rather than opinion that the BMO Grounds Crew is not producing a quality playing surface. I suspect that we'll see a very patchy field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Unfortunately something to consider, especially given he conditions - the pitch is likely to be a factor in how we are able to play.

By now I think it's a matter of fact rather than opinion that the BMO Grounds Crew is not producing a quality playing surface. I suspect that we'll see a very patchy field.
    Hopefully it'll be better but damn these past couple of weeks have been brutal for the grounds

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ yeah I was going to say normally people have commented on the pitch earlier than the week before the first game here. I cannot imagine these conditions are helping at all. I know a few years ago they were complaining that the wind was too much for the growing lights on the field to stay up. I suppose not many updates on the condition of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pitch and weather may be terrible. Guys who have been here awhile will be used to it.

That said, this game is a MUST win. If we can get 3 points, hopefully can start building momentum.

I really hope Osorio gets motivated. He has been really quiet.

I assume Lorenzo is back and hope he gives 100% too. Whole team needs to be fired up for this and ready to go, even if its a blizzard out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My back yard grass was in great shape until the two snowmageddons we just had. Might still be ok underneath it. BMO might not be too bad. Weather looks pretty March for Saturday, but I don't trust anything this far out. Fingers crossed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 degrees and 20% chance of snow currently for gametime Saturday.....as much as I hope for better I am pretty sure given historical March temps we are pretty much getting what is forecasted. Would be nicer if our stadium was more enclosed like other stadiums. The design or lack thereof just allows wind to be a factor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    2 degrees and 20% chance of snow currently for gametime Saturday.....as much as I hope for better I am pretty sure given historical March temps we are pretty much getting what is forecasted. Would be nicer if our stadium was more enclosed like other stadiums. The design or lack thereof just allows wind to be a factor.
    I wore shorts yesterday on a run. So you never know...

Wind is a fact of life in Toronto now. It's almost never not windy, especially along the Lakeshore. They need to do something about that as part of the World Cup renos I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I wore shorts yesterday on a run. So you never know...

Wind is a fact of life in Toronto now. It's almost never not windy, especially along the Lakeshore. They need to do something about that as part of the World Cup renos I think.
    They need to seize the opportunity here and build a proper 40,000 seater enclosed stadium. The team and the nats will grow into it over time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    ^ yeah I was going to say normally people have commented on the pitch earlier than the week before the first game here. I cannot imagine these conditions are helping at all. I know a few years ago they were complaining that the wind was too much for the growing lights on the field to stay up. I suppose not many updates on the condition of it.
    Their tweets indicate grow lights have been on since early February.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I was hoping he wouldn’t be on home games either.
    Looks like you get your wish - TSN have on Montreal @ Nasvhille.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we're talking about the grounds team not tweeting, we just got one on the 2nd and it's looking not too bad - at least, on Thursday before snowmageddeon...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    They need to seize the opportunity here and build a proper 40,000 seater enclosed stadium. The team and the nats will grow into it over time.
    They said last year that we can't have an enclosed stadium as it would change the stadium's fire code status to indoor (or whatever Roger's Centre is) and rule out smoke and stuff like that. It was during the WC announcement of their half-assed planned upgrades of BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    They said last year that we can't have an enclosed stadium as it would change the stadium's fire code status to indoor (or whatever Roger's Centre is) and rule out smoke and stuff like that. It was during the WC announcement of their half-assed planned upgrades of BMO.
    Even blocking off the open ends would make it enclosed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like you get your wish - TSN have on Montreal @ Nasvhille.
    Thank you! You just made my day 👍🏻

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching those drone stadium episodes on apple makes it so sad how BMO has fallen way behind as a stadium

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all so stupid.

Do you know when our home opener was in 2007?

April 28. Which was a pretty cold, blustery day.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Watching those drone stadium episodes on apple makes it so sad how BMO has fallen way behind as a stadium
    They just need to make the north end / south end look like the east and west.

So kind of 4 walls on all sides. blocks the wind and makes it feel more enclosed.

We are limited by the BS decision to have the argos play there though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is all so stupid.

Agreed. Would it kill us to have more summer / fall dates and less spring. Conversely, would those in south Florida not appreciate doing the opposite rather than frying in the stands in mid July?

It’s like we put up with this bullshit because we’re expected to carry the weak half of the league who depend on kids being out of school to draw fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    They just need to make the north end / south end look like the east and west.

So kind of 4 walls on all sides. blocks the wind and makes it feel more enclosed.

We are limited by the BS decision to have the argos play there though.
    I'll say it til I'm blue in the face - safe standing. Stop teasing this every few years and just fucking build it. I don't care about how it looks tbh, but safe standing would be huge and we're being left behind by other atmospheres

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, that’s no reason not to plow ahead. There are other ways people will support the team without smoke.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes sense when it comes to the smoke because it might never clear out of the stadium. I may be in the minority but I would rather do without the smoke then. I am there for the footy after all. Would rather a more enclosed stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW... some Columbus Crew/ Wilfried Nancy insight. A scouting perspective? How will TFC fair against their possession and not transition challenge? Suggest... to read the full conversation.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-06-2023 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pitch looks a hell of a lot better than this time last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is all so stupid.

Well how many games did we end up having on the road to start? Also there were a lot less games played then, I agree the league really needs to get it's act together on the scheduling.

Realistically we shouldn't be playing at home until April.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    This is what happens when you've got an ownership with no vision.

We need the "if you build it, they will come" attitude that Tim brought. Instead we seem to get a couple carrots(Insigne/Berna) but no movement on anything regarding the fan experience.

I understand that BMO has got some sentimental value for a few people here l, but realistically we need a whole new stadium to compete and bring us forward as a club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, Caldwell is the most negative commentor I have ever heard.

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach