Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BB used 3ATB on very rare occasions last year, only times I can remember were Clb and Mtl away and both times were more by necessity than anything and also didn't really work. It would totally make sense with the team we have now though.

Agree we need to have Zelarayan and Nagbe tightly covered and Servania's probably the only one who can reliably do the job covering the former. Oso can take Nagbe which I guess would mean MAK would have to sit unless Bob shocks everyone and gives #4 a break

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Plus it's familiar to Richie; it's the style (as a 343 but really it's a 3-4-1-2) he played at Nottingham Forest last season. Don't think anyone here uses it.
    I think we have to get our wingbacks less perilously forward. And both Italians seem to look good working inside. No way we have the tactical discipline that Forest had but that’s probably beside the point. We have talent and it should be workable.

I also suspect that both our 3rd and fourth centre halves would work best in a back 3. Maybe Rosted as well (though it’s early days for him).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has MLSE forgotten that they own a soccer club? No press conference on the team app since last week. No news about the club. They have stopped making those short clips called All for One. What the hell is happening? Has MLSE given up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Has MLSE forgotten that they own a soccer club? No press conference on the team app since last week. No news about the club. They have stopped making those short clips called All for One. What the hell is happening? Has MLSE given up?
    No coach or player interviews after the game last week, either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they not obligated to do those things now because of Apple?

It's kind of staggering how irrelevant this club has become after winning in 2017.
    Last edited by Richard; 03-09-2023 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-10-2023 at 12:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Are they not obligated to do those things now because of Apple?

It's kind of staggering how irrelevant this club has become after winning in 2017.
    I’m assuming it’s an Apple thing. They probably own the rights to that sort of content and don’t feel it has enough mass appeal to use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have any idea if Ayo and Diomande are fit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Anyone have any idea if Ayo and Diomande are fit?
    Maybe Perruzza? Maybe Kerr?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No coach or player interviews after the game last week, either.
    Post match interviews with coaches & players were done but not put online - which is unusual. Almost like no social person was down there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post

Does Michael Singh even know anything about the team or football in general? Kerr as the ST seems equivalent to no one at ST.
    A 3-5-2 with LI and FB up top seems like the best chance of success.
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 03-10-2023 at 08:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather start Bernie as the striker than whatever youth academy guy Singh wants to overhype this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Does Michael Singh even know anything about the team or football in general? Kerr as the ST seems equivalent to no one at ST.
    A 3-5-2 with LI and FB up top seems like the best chance of success.
    Do not disagree with your assertion as a better chance for success. However, it is predicated on the supposition that BB will continue to demonstrate some tactical flexibility. Let's see if he chooses again to adapt his default style of play/formation?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-10-2023 at 09:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for a false 9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Time for a false 9.
    Wouldn't a false 9 require TFC defensively to abandon any hope of help by the double pivot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for the early spring of Perruzza.

If they aren’t going to try the kid out now in his primary position I have to seriously question their judgement signing him at all when he was out of contract. So far, he’s had spot minutes as a winger, which frankly is ridiculous and unsuitable for the way he plays.

It’s like Bob has this narrow idea of what a certain positions do and fitting that mould is more important than actually having talent.

It’s the same reasons we traded Shaff for a bag of magic beans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't a false 9 require TFC defensively to abandon any hope of help by the double pivot?
    No, not at all. In fact it works better as you have a connector between the high midfielder and the front line that can play between the defensive lines. When the ball is in the middle third, they're effectively a number 10. When the ball is in the box or with the wide forwards, the'yre a trailing or supporting number nine.

DeAndre Kerr can be dangerous with the ball at his feet and can shoot, but I've seen nothing to suggest he's ready to be an MLS striker. Ridiculous suggestion. It's like Singh thinks their only job is to beat an offside trap or something.
    Last edited by jloome; 03-10-2023 at 11:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Time for the early spring of Perruzza.

If they aren’t going to try the kid out now in his primary position I have to seriously question their judgement signing him at all when he was out of contract. So far, he’s had spot minutes as a winger, which frankly is ridiculous and unsuitable for the way he plays.

It’s like Bob has this narrow idea of what a certain positions do and fitting that mould is more important than actually having talent.

It’s the same reasons we traded Shaff for a bag of magic beans.
    Yeah, the book on Peruzza has always been 'good finisher', big target. He's a skill player not a speed merchant. I think he has fairly high movement IQ for a young player which is why I like him; I think he'd be a good poacher. But he's not going to get a chance here, I don't think. And playingg him on the wing is probably just wasting time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we playing a double pivot? I haven't seen that.

It was more a joke though. Bad one probably, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are these guys both injured? Especially Akinola. He's 23 years old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the best option we have is to move Oso up front. How many times has he gotten himself into good spots in the box and how many clutch goals has he scored from those good spots. Give him a game of Insigne and Berna throwing balls into the box and I don't think he'll disappoint us. 60 mins of Servania and another half hour of Vazquez in the midfield will fill the gap for a day ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    How are these guys both injured? Especially Akinola. He's 23 years old.
    He's become more built in each season, as Altidore did. Too many muscle groups and too much overwork on the machines equals muscle problems, I'm guessing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    I think the best option we have is to move Oso up front. How many times has he gotten himself into good spots in the box and how many clutch goals has he scored from those good spots. Give him a game of Insigne and Berna throwing balls into the box and I don't think he'll disappoint us. 60 mins of Servania and another half hour of Vazquez in the midfield will fill the gap for a day ...
    Or throw Insigne in the box and Oso in his spot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7:30 PM kickoffs are so dumb at this time of year. You just never know what the weather will be. At least it is tomorrow and not today as the flurries start to bounce around.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Or throw Insigne in the box and Oso in his spot.
    I second this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's become more built in each season, as Altidore did. Too many muscle groups and too much overwork on the machines equals muscle problems, I'm guessing.
    I think this is right also I remember when that one sports doctor looked at Jozy he mentioned muscle balance. Once that's off then these kinds of muscle injuries keep happening.

But this year I think having a preseason interrupted by a lot of rain and really not that many exhibition matches due to a seemingly short training camp is causing a lot of these hamstring & quad issues. Really they should just scrap this stupid Leagues Cup and work on growing MLS with Apple and have the season start when it should, end when it should, and have a steady schedule with nothing compressed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VV as a false 9?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    Yeah, I’m willing to bet in the face of having no experienced option, they try to do some form of an 11 using the best players we have available, even if those players are out of position. Sub for Hugo in the second half or whatnot.

But let me say this: if you want to talk about a lower risk place to work in an inexperienced player, striker is actually a good spot to do it because outside of the high press (which our team realistically shouldn’t be doing often on account of being old and slow) there’s very little impact on the defence. So the guy can screw up and not completely tank our chances.

And let’s be honest, it would be hard to be more invisible than Dio was for the first couple games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, I’m willing to bet in the face of having no experienced option, they try to do some form of an 11 using the best players we have available, even if those players are out of position. Sub for Hugo in the second half or whatnot.

But let me say this: if you want to talk about a lower risk place to work in an inexperienced player, striker is actually a good spot to do it because outside of the high press (which our team realistically shouldn’t be doing often on account of being old and slow) there’s very little impact on the defence. So the guy can screw up and not completely tank our chances.

And let’s be honest, it would be hard to be more invisible than Dio was for the first couple games.
    You have a good point, but it doesn’t appear that TFC has ever been invested in patiently developing youth. So even if Peruzza is given a chance tomorrow and plays well, he will probably still be relegated to the bench for the rest of the season. I’ve come to the opinion that it’s probably best for TFC academy players to be sold young, instead of sitting on the bench until they’re too old to develop or thrown to the wolves, out of position and under pressure.
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 03-10-2023 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    VV as a false 9?
    Probably the best option in a 4-3-3