Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Miami signing young Argentine prospect Tomás Avilés is the kind of interesting move just having Messi on the team allows them. That is the kind of transfer that worries me far far more than reuniting 2011 Barcelona. We'll see how it works out, but that's the kind of signing they should be making, not Suarez
    Absolutely agree, and the off books type of transactions (even though they did it before) will just continue. MLS needs to figure out a revised salary cap, DP, TAM, young DP. Hate to say it but it is good for US Football that Miami does well going into ‘26

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laryea to Whitecaps on loan rumored

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    By Bogert so probably happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little extra egg on Manning’s face. As much as we shouldn’t be prioritizing a RB.

Edit: would it have been so hard to tell the fanbase in advance we at least tried?

Last edited by ag futbol; 08-02-2023 at 11:44 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They did say they were trying..... a lot. Over and over again.

No egg on management's face for this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cold hard truth is - this is a good thing for us. It'll suck to see him elsewhere, and he will no doubt play superbly well as he always did for us, but with our roster needs and our cap situation this would have been a bad signing.

Frankly I give Manning some credit if he saw that and thought that matching the Caps bid, while would have made people happy in the short term, would have been a mistake. That's some kind of growth from him, and the opposite of how he generally makes decisions. Could be the Hernandez influence

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, we didn't want him for the asking price.

Good for Richie. And we get to see him later this season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Egg on the management's face would have been announcing him as a DP.

Lots of egg from that and probably another nail in the coffin too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Poorly phrased on my part. It was more so saying “next 48 hours would be key to the process” then going radio silent other than requiring our press Corp to drag a meager sound bite out of them weeks later. Won’t be winning any rewards for communication.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie would be great as the team's 5th or maybe 4th best player. I don't really think a team can be successful in MLS where one of your top 3 players is a RB. Best of luck to Richie - get that bread.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey he is in a Playoff race, Plays League Cup Friday Night and as one of the Hosting cities for '26. it is good for Richie's wallet. (europe or not).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Richie would be great as the team's 5th or maybe 4th best player. I don't really think a team can be successful in MLS where one of your top 3 players is a RB. Best of luck to Richie - get that bread.
    I mean, he's really a wingback and most successful teams now play in a formation with one or even two. But MLS makes it hard to invest the money for the higher level of skill required there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My take, is caution on all. Let's wait to learn the details; there may be a devil/hope in them. IIUC, it's not a transfer, it's a four to five months loan; itself interesting. I think the Laryea Family preferred to stay in North America/MLS and may then prefer to be on the East Coast. So, then is it a 'loan with an option-to-buy' or a 'loan with an obligation-to-buy? If the former, there may some manoeuvrability for TFC/Laryea to revisit his return at the end of this season; by when a new coach/identity hopefully is decided upon. May also depend just as much on if MLS decides as expected to revise their roster rules and regs next year as on that manager's vision. It's worthy to note that to currently be a DP at VWC it really is not a high threshold. Do they even have DPs? Seems they do. Sorta, kinda like Osorio seems to be for us. At least in regards to Cordova who may apparently be designated as such on just shy over 1M for them? Then there is Gauld who seems to also be designated as such on 2.5M. It's the VWC, so I suspect Richie's salary in the end to be somewhere in-between them both and much closer to Cordova's than Gauld's.

I understand the thinking by many on this matter; this convenient opportunity of being better off without Laryea since he unfortunately really skews TFC's roster cap unnecessarily at this challenging and complicated time. I was an advocate of re-signing Osorio as a glue/continuity figure. However, again, if it now is JH's 'performonomics', then that measure demands Laryea be kept over Osorio. BTW, IMO, Laryea, as a MAXTAM and not DP, with his versatility, is certainly at least worth more than two Blessings; and I like the Latif get. Laryea easily slots in at RB/LB, WB, CB! and I think his future could easily be reverse engineered 'a la Alphonso Davies' from a RB to the RW, if need be, if Fede moves on, or is re-positioned under a new gaffer.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 08-02-2023 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver is putting in work today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know nothing of that player but on paper it looks like a great signing. A lot of talent in North Africa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver leaving no stones unturned for talent today. God knows if these moves will turn out, but props to them for giving it a go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And TFC is just sitting there doing nothing the team that needs to deal the most , don’t worry the deals will come 3 month into next season and then take until the end of next season for the players to acclimatize!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    And TFC is just sitting there doing nothing the team that needs to deal the most , don’t worry the deals will come 3 month into next season and then take until the end of next season for the players to acclimatize!
    ^this.... the only saving grace is everyone knows there is no reason to be a buyer. But it is going to be an ugly fall.... pun intended

All i want now is the players to work for the Badge, you dont work.... you dont play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very happy for Ritchie, he's going to a Vancouver team that as a lot of potential and some really great pieces. They may be buying on the cheap but they've been steadily rounding into form. He will likely fit in nicely and get's to play with guys that put in a shift each and every game, rather than just complaining and pointing fingers at each other.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Poorly phrased on my part. It was more so saying “next 48 hours would be key to the process” then going radio silent other than requiring our press Corp to drag a meager sound bite out of them weeks later. Won’t be winning any rewards for communication.
    Fair enough..and yes they should have been asked but our journo beat crew tend not to ask questions they know the answer to but don't want to discuss...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adekugbe to Vancouver now done according to Bogert. Very strong signing IMO. Like this way more than Laryea as DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Vancouver, do Osorio next while you’re on the Canadian DP bandwagon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of MLS news coming in this afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear Inter Miami has a few extra DP spots laying around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neymar in Salt Lake City will be 🔥🔥

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These links are nuts.

Messi is one thing but to get any chance of “full value” for what you’d have to pay the guys mentioned above MLS would need to be a whole different league. One with bigger stadiums, bigger TV contracts, and better infrastructure all around to handle an influx of stars. Bring theses guys in today and it’s too much, too soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newmar honestly I could see. He's above 30 and also didn't seem to like PSG and was a regular at games in the NBA playoffs. The lifestyle fits him.

Mbappe no way yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I can see Neymar coming to the Galaxy or maybe NYCFC. Mbappe is a dream too far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    These links are nuts.

Messi is one thing but to get any chance of “full value” for what you’d have to pay the guys mentioned above MLS would need to be a whole different league. One with bigger stadiums, bigger TV contracts, and better infrastructure all around to handle an influx of stars. Bring theses guys in today and it’s too much, too soon.
    MLS's tv contract is actually uniquely placed to bring in players like that, in theory. It's ideal. Better suited than any other as it basically automatically and immediately scales if the league grows in interest, unlike any other. MLS and apple are also able to sell directly to consumer in literally any country in the world. I truly think this tv deal will revolutionize the league and already is - absolutely no chance they land Messi with a conventional cable deal brokered independently per market in place

Not sure Neymar is the right person to justify the big spend right now, though. I'm not sure he'd really change the game in views in the league, but maybe.