Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    WTF??? No interest even as a MLS backup? Not even by Philly? Odd.

I am not overly shocked. I always thought he was over rated and always had the impression he was an egomaniac.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No word on Vanney getting sacked yet but you have feel it will be coming after the Gals surely get stomped by LAFC this weekend.

Now that's a team that is for sure coming apart at the seams. That match against Houston was a disgrace in terms of their play and their professionalism. Really their whole FO should be shown the door but they won't be. I know if I was running the show there I would buy out Costa ASAP but really they should have done that already.

Feel a bit bad for Vanney but he knew what he would be getting into. This is the way for LAG nowadays; MLS 2.0 forever.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    No word on Vanney getting sacked yet but you have feel it will be coming after the Gals surely get stomped by LAFC this weekend.

Now that's a team that is for sure coming apart at the seams. That match against Houston was a disgrace in terms of their play and their professionalism. Really their whole FO should be shown the door but they won't be. I know if I was running the show there I would buy out Costa ASAP but really they should have done that already.

Feel a bit bad for Vanney but he knew what he would be getting into. This is the way for LAG nowadays; MLS 2.0 forever.
    The problem at LAG lies above Vanney.

Klein held a meeting with the SG's, who are boycotting games still, this weekend and his basic point was everything was being done to fill Vanney's vision right now. There is much evidence that Klein is BAD at developing a team & ownership finally realised it this off season. So LAG is going to go through a LOT of issues before 6 years of stupidity gets cleansed. But until they ditch Klein, the team will remain in off field crisis.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The problem at LAG lies above Vanney.

Klein held a meeting with the SG's, who are boycotting games still, this weekend and his basic point was everything was being done to fill Vanney's vision right now. There is much evidence that Klein is BAD at developing a team & ownership finally realised it this off season. So LAG is going to go through a LOT of issues before 6 years of stupidity gets cleansed. But until they ditch Klein, the team will remain in off field crisis.
    Klein sent out an email yesterday to SSHs saying that if the Gals don't advance in the playoffs he will resign. I figure that will put even more pressure on Vanney because Klein will want some results.

Too bad for Vanney. Had he of picked anywhere other than that LA to go, which everyone knew would be a bust, then he'd probably be in the USMNT conversation now instead of being an MLS also ran. Maybe he can get the Montreal gig after crazy Joey sacks Losada.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 04-12-2023 at 10:34 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the response from the Galaxy SAG's is what was to be expected.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me, or is Montreal actually insane to have traded Miller plus $1.3M today for a middling prospect today?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Is it just me, or is Montreal actually insane to have traded Miller plus $1.3M today for a middling prospect today?
    Montreal fans say Miller is on the decline but I suspect they're just butthurt at what is, on the face, highway robbery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Montreal fans say Miller is on the decline but I suspect they're just butthurt at what is, on the face, highway robbery.
    Who isn’t on the decline at that club?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've watched a number of Montreal games this year as well as Vancouver (thank you AppleTV!). MTL look like absolute shite. Not a Kamal problem in my mind. They gutted really key aspects of that team and lost Nancy, who really had them playing as a unit and some great football. Getting out of there is a great thing for Kamal. Paying an extra $1.2M in gam seems absolutely insane to me. Not sure what they're thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had no idea that when Vanney arrived last year they had no full time scouting department. And still don’t have an analytics department.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is one of five guys that were outstanding against Belgium and then looked overmatched against Croatia, but somehow he seems to be the one that is “wearing” that Croatia game in terms of his reputation.

I like where we got to at CB - but wish we could have been in the mix for him, given how Montreal valued him
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cause it was...

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 04-13-2023 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Extratime guys are losing their minds about the Miller deal. They are in disbelief. Saying unnamed MLS execs are calling it the worst trade in MLS history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Extratime guys are losing their minds about the Miller deal. They are in disbelief. Saying unnamed MLS execs are calling it the worst trade in MLS history.
    Is it possible he just demanded out? Between the coach and the owner, there is a whole lot of crap over there. As Ultra said, let's just be glad he got out of there, for the sake of him and the CMNT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The conspiracist in me is hoping it's one Argentinean bleating for another to join him at MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cincinnati about to transfer Brenner to Udinese for apx.10 million or more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is one of five guys that were outstanding against Belgium and then looked overmatched against Croatia, but somehow he seems to be the one that is “wearing” that Croatia game in terms of his reputation.

I like where we got to at CB - but wish we could have been in the mix for him, given how Montreal valued him
    The MLS Extra Time guys called it "an insane trade" on the face of it, with them all assuming at first the $1.3M was also going to Montreal. Even then it would've been a bad deal.

Doyle calls it "the worst trade in the history of MLS."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MLS Extra Time guys called it "an insane trade" on the face of it, with them all assuming at first the $1.3M was also going to Montreal. Even then it would've been a bad deal.

Doyle calls it "the worst trade in the history of MLS."
    This deal was so bad I don't even really know what to say. It's flabbergasting.

It's like the owners know MLS 1 & 2 are coming along with pro-rel and Joey wants in the basement before anyone else gets there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This deal was so bad I don't even really know what to say. It's flabbergasting.

It's like the owners know MLS 1 & 2 are coming along with pro-rel and Joey wants in the basement before anyone else gets there.
    How that owner in Montreal can screw up that MLS franchise and be so successful with his Serie A team makes my head spin. He took over Bologna the year they were relegated and now he has them challenging for a place in the European club competitions. Montreal is a nasty train wreck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bald eagle View Post
    How that owner in Montreal can screw up that MLS franchise and be so successful with his Serie A team makes my head spin. He took over Bologna the year they were relegated and now he has them challenging for a place in the European club competitions. Montreal is a nasty train wreck.
    I’m pretty there are multiple owners at Bologna.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I’m pretty there are multiple owners at Bologna.
    Actually no, Wiki claims Saputo owns 99.93%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually no, Wiki claims Saputo owns 99.93%
    Maybe the 0.07% is the brains of the operation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe there's so deeper family-related issue. I mean, Joey's pop was a made guy, and Miami is full of... retirees.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe there's so deeper family-related issue. I mean, Joey's pop was a made guy, and Miami is full of... retirees.
    Been doing a bit of research , never realized how successful the Saputos are , top 10 richest families in Canada , is selling cheese that lucrative? Sounds like these two Soccer clubs are just play things for Joey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is when they slowly corner the cheese market alongside paramalat/Lactalis and kraft heinze by not only building their own product lines, but buying up every independent little man cheese maker between charlottetown to victoria - and especially Ontario for the milk quotas. Most Canadians are getting their everyday cheese and dairy products from one of those 3.

Also improves their bottom line when they can cheapen their product by swapping whole milk ingredients in these small town cheeses with 'modified milk ingredients'. Ontop of the known history with organized crime, i'd say they are in a healthy spot atm with the inflation and food price increases... but I don't pay much attention to their financials

I'm not in the industry, but tend to drive up to a cottage every year north of tweed and always stop-in at Maple Dale Cheese - who seem to be in a constant battle trying to push away acquisition offers from the companies above. Hope they don't anytime soon.

-still... to round it back to the MLS discussion, the minute I saw the news break of the trade it looked like a real bizarre transaction and real missmatch in player evalutions. Time will tell tho I guess.
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 04-14-2023 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cause SerieA was, still sort of is, a train wreck. IIUC, one could have gained control of a club like ASRoma when MBradley was there/about a dozen years ago for only about 100M CAD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, this may add perspective to the CFMTL firesale…

https://football-italia.net/presiden...ooks-with-40m/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe there's...
    Speaking of Joey- The Saputo’s, if you have a moment, recommend to learn up on this character; another Joey - Tacopina. Lots of interesting life/work intersects, some current America politics relevance, a ‘consigliere’ of sorts, with connects to / representing investment funds. Significant involvement in Italian football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting article on Messi’s dilemma…

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/socc...czpisvcl4sntoh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Also, this may add perspective to the CFMTL firesale…

https://football-italia.net/presiden...ooks-with-40m/
    This is a super illuminating story that explains a lot. Thanks for posting this.