Page 9 of 138 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I mean, losing Kaye out of the midfield wouldn't exactly be the worst thing based on current form. Bradley/Servania/Kosi for a game won't be the end of the world. Not sure Bob trusts our backup options at RB though. Neither JMR or Kobe have seen a single minute this season.
    Kobe subbed in last game, for his second MLS appearance.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Kobe subbed in last game, for his second MLS appearance.
    Ah, yes. Forgot he came on. Them bringing on Kobe over JMR really speaks volumes though considering this time last year everyone was talking about him signing with Arsenal or Liverpool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roster depth? Not like that need was not to be expected just from a CMNT perspective; particularly with the congested season. Imagine if the Italians were called up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely hate that MLS does too many important things differently than the world's established football community. (Established = leagues/competitions existing for at least 50 years.)
    See for example this no break in the competition in international matches' windows.

Until shit like this continues to happen how the heck can be this considered a serious competition?

In a serious competition each and every match's outcome counts exactly in the same way in the whole balance of the full season. One point lost or won in the very first match of the whole season counts exactly as a point won or lost in the last match of the whole season.
    But MLS has a totally different mindset regarding even this aspect.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 03-17-2023 at 02:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I absolutely hate that MLS does too many important things differently than the world's established football community. (Established = leagues/competitions existing for at least 50 years.)
    See for example this no break in the competition in international matches' windows.

Until shit like this continues to happen how the heck can be this considered a serious competition?

In a serious competition each and every match's outcome counts exactly in the same way in the whole balance of the full season. One point lost or won in the very first match of the whole season counts exactly as a point won or lost in the last match of the whole season.
    But MLS has a totally different mindset regarding even this aspect.
    I don't like ignoring the international breaks either but during the next one check Flashscore and you'll see a bunch of Euro leagues with matches, sometimes the Championship & FA Cup too. In this case it's not the usual MLS are idiots rule but on the other hand international call ups also hurt us more than the Championship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. Is this interesting?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Ok. Is this interesting?

The original source looks reputable but if we think replacing 35 year old Bradley with Busquets is going to fix anything...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biscuits (this is what my phone assumed his name was) is hardly the answer for an old and slow midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could the midfield get any slower… I honestly think TFC is being used to drive up the price

2hrs ago that guy posted an update and didn’t mention Toronto
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 03-17-2023 at 01:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Could the midfield get any slower… I honestly think TFC is being used to drive up the price

At this point I would honestly take a kid who is quick, has an engine and can tackle/break up plays. Passing ability would be nice but not necessary.
    Last edited by Canary10; 03-17-2023 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post

Sounds highly unlikely. Bob has already referred to MB as being “like Busquets” I don’t see him replacing his son with Busquets himself, hah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Sounds highly unlikely. Bob has already referred to MB as being “like Busquets” I don’t see him replacing his son with Busquets himself, hah.
    All I want is a team of Sergie B's, a team of Sergie B's, a team of Sergie B's....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    All I want is a team of Sergie B's, a team of Sergie B's, a team of Sergie B's....
    Those were the days!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why isn't there anything legit rumors of players lately? Like at all.... anything to those two Turkish players at all or no ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    Why isn't there anything legit rumors of players lately? Like at all.... anything to those two Turkish players at all or no ?
    Because we’re close to the edge of the salary cap and just added much needed, inexpensive depth in Servania and Guitierrez (though Servania is looking less like depth than he is a starter).

I don’t think we’ll be adding any rumour worthy players until summer. And to do that we might have to move someone (Ayo may be the very early candidate to move but it’s probably too early to know.)

At the moment it seems a question of whether we add a seasoned DP striker or go the under 22 route that Bradley has suggested making sense given the salary cap situation. Not sure if the club knows the answer to that yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because tfc is pain:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    because tfc is pain:

This feels true, doesn't it? There were rumours about Seba leaving at times, but we never believed it.

Insigne just failed to launch here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because tfc is pain:

If true, this is slowly turning into Defoe 2.0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loaning him wouldn't open up a DP spot would it? Seem to remember Pizzaro taking up a DP spot for Miami while he was on loan back in Mexico.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like a lot of smoke in the constant rumblings around this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Loaning him wouldn't open up a DP spot would it? Seem to remember Pizzaro taking up a DP spot for Miami while he was on loan back in Mexico.
    regular loans, no, I think the Loan to Buy does free it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Considering his pedigree and status, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s all speculation. Seems like too easy of a target, but then again, it hasn’t exactly been a dream start for him in NA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strangely ok with this as long as we got 2 new DP's under 30 in the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Wonder if the Italian journos start working and looking into it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regular loans, no, I think the Loan to Buy does free it up.
    Yea that sounds about right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CorrwgBach View Post
    Strangely ok with this as long as we got 2 new DP's under 30 in the summer.
    He's barely played. It's not hard to see what life would be like without him. I would hate to see him go though without ever getting a solid run of games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a bit embarrassing for the front office, but if Insigne's heart is not in it, 100% we should move on immediately.

Last time this happened, we cut our losses on Defoe and turned him into Altidore, then hit a homerun on Giovinco. We've already hit a homerun, or close to it, with Berna. If we can turn Insigne or his salary into an impact player then maybe Defoe 2.0 is not such a bad thing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    It's a bit embarrassing for the front office, but if Insigne's heart is not in it, 100% we should move on immediately.

Last time this happened, we cut our losses on Defoe and turned him into Altidore, then hit a homerun on Giovinco. We've already hit a homerun, or close to it, with Berna. If we can turn Insigne or his salary into an impact player then maybe Defoe 2.0 is not such a bad thing.
    This is why we also take a risk on players like this on frees - this is still a net positive for us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a nonsense story from a nonsense source.

I can't believe people still, this late in, just accept what they read online as having some basis in fact, even when the source has been wrong many, many more times than they've been right.

This makes no sense for a bunch of reasons: First, his contract is massive. no one in Europe, including Galatasaray, would take it on. As TFC under MLS regs would receive ZERO cap relief for getting rid of him, it literally does not make sense to do it.

Second, despite the whining on Reddit and other places, he actually has more goals from open play that Bernadeschi does. Five of Bernie's goals last year were penalties. So the notion that he's a bust and Bernie's a success seems largely based on the fact that a) he's injured right now and Bernie isn't b) Bernie smiles and ups the team a lot.

I'm not sure what I find more annoying, the willingless of Twitterati to lie for attention, or the susceptibility of people reading it to that horseshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This is a nonsense story from a nonsense source.

I can't believe people still, this late in, just accept what they read online as having some basis in fact, even when the source has been wrong many, many more times than they've been right.

This makes no sense for a bunch of reasons: First, his contract is massive. no one in Europe, including Galatasaray, would take it on. As TFC under MLS regs would receive ZERO cap relief for getting rid of him, it literally does not make sense to do it.

Second, despite the whining on Reddit and other places, he actually has more goals from open play that Bernadeschi does. Five of Bernie's goals last year were penalties. So the notion that he's a bust and Bernie's a success seems largely based on the fact that a) he's injured right now and Bernie isn't b) Bernie smiles and ups the team a lot.

I'm not sure what I find more annoying, the willingless of Twitterati to lie for attention, or the susceptibility of people reading it to that horseshit.
    I agree with every word of this

Is this source credible? If not, why are we even having this discussion?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be shocked if this story was true, but a non credible source breaking it (if that's what this is) wouldn't make me even 1% more inclined to believe it