Page 62 of 138 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't we also due a Laryea update? Last thing he said a few days ago was, iirc, he'd spend 2-3 days trying to close it and if he can't, move on. It'd be super super great if they could, you know, tell the fans what's happening to maybe the mvp of the team so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keeping in mind our social guy, Giacometti, is presumably done with the club as of today so wouldn’t be surprised if the comms team is also a shitshow along with the rest of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Keeping in mind our social guy, Giacometti, is presumably done with the club as of today so wouldn’t be surprised if the comms team is also a shitshow along with the rest of it.
    he is no great loss,bogert mentioned that guys are leaving the FO and not being replaced ,what a shit show

i will miss those 4 shots at training every day
    Last edited by reggie; 07-07-2023 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Aren't we also due a Laryea update? Last thing he said a few days ago was, iirc, he'd spend 2-3 days trying to close it and if he can't, move on. It'd be super super great if they could, you know, tell the fans what's happening to maybe the mvp of the team so far
    It’s pretty amazing the stuff that falls through the cracks around here and the lack of effort from all involved (both club and press) to communicate to the fans.

Last game TSN was so drunk on their own laziness they advertised DeAndre Kerr prop bet to score offered by one of their sponsors. Kerr wasn’t starting or on the subs bench but nobody bothered to check why that was (as nothing appeared to happen last game out).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunfield presser

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/train...ld-july-7-2023

A whole lot of "trust the process" in this....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    They’re waiting on an agreement with Lorenzo and Saudi Arabia before moving on Richie as they need a DP slot in order to take him off of Forest. I wouldn’t expect to hear anything anytime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Dunfield presser

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/train...ld-july-7-2023

A whole lot of "trust the process" in this....
    So Berma is gone for two games? I guess it’s one for YC accumulation and one for red card. Add insult to injury they fined him for failure to leave the fields in good time (did the same to Walker Zimmerman).

Looking at the totality of these decisions it’s pretty ridiculous. And yes, I still hold Berma at fault because he took the bait, but come on. This league has to do better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Karpf View Post
    They’re waiting on an agreement with Lorenzo and Saudi Arabia before moving on Richie as they need a DP slot in order to take him off of Forest. I wouldn’t expect to hear anything anytime soon.
    They're not going to make him a DP.

I was told last weekend the chances were exceedingly slim that he'll even stay, because he is being advised to return and there is very little cap space.

They need the cap space to sign a striker, so the only way it happens is if Forest is picking up a big chunk of his wage. But that does happen with Premier league teams sometimes, sometimes free and clear, sometimes with a buy clause that can be triggered by number of appearances.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather them have no comms than have to see what fashions the guys wore into the stadium when we lose 3-0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This Ibarra thing is a test I feel certain we are not set up to pass.

We have never, not once, integrated a young South American. In fact, it has been a dumpster fire, every time.

We don't have a team or city climate or culture they can easily fit into.

Have we learned any lessons? Do we understand how others succeed at this in MLS? Are we willing spend some serious money on getting the infrastructure of people (inside and outside the team) that we need?

I doubt it.
    We have been poor at integrating many for reasons of general dysfunction especially on the pitch. But those who do come and stay, rave about how much real assistance they are given settling in. And he’s coming from Atlanta not Buenos Aires.

The city absorbs citizens from all over. It’s rare these days that I don’t hear Spanish or Portuguese spoken daily in the downtown neighbourhoods I hang out in. And the Portuguese is that of the many Brazilians of the last ten years who have come to Toronto and find it a sort of paradise - I know many of them - and not the Portuguese proper wave of the 1960s. I’ve been lamenting the loss of my fave neighbourhood Argentinian cafe (better empanadas than I used to eat in Buenos Aires) but that was covid not the heat or culture.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    So Berma is gone for two games? I guess it’s one for YC accumulation and one for red card. .....

Yup

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-disciplinary-summary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My neighbor got a photo with Lorenzo at yorkdale yesterday, he told him he isn’t playing tomorrow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems highly motivated....to not be in Toronto.

YIKES!!
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-08-2023 at 07:52 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This still not being announced might be an indication that the comms team is in flux - Eric gone - Bradley likely not around.

The player not knowing when he is coming here is an indication that the behind the scenes team is in disarray - that to me is more shocking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems highly motivated....to not be in Toronto.

YIKES!!
    Can’t say I blame him if he refuses to report. Organization in disarray, nobody in their seat currently has job security. Locker room situation sounds bad.

One more reason why Manning must go. He’s ruined our reputation.

Edit: yeeep, not good

Last edited by ag futbol; 07-08-2023 at 08:24 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Don’t send me to the worst team.”

I like this guy. I said this exact thing to myself everytime I got ready to go to BMO for the past couple years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The worst team in the world...STILL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

I like this guy. I said this exact thing to myself everytime I got ready to go to BMO for the past couple years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

Gold, I LOL.

I like this guy though, obviously not coming for money, cares about where the team is in the standings-manning didn’t find this one for sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a damning indictment on how the rest of the league looks at the shit show organization here. This is more than just the team is bad, I'd bet. It's the whole league knowing about our dressing room disarray.

Also I'll continue to say MLS trade rules are fucking archaic and should be illegal. The fact you can trade someone somewhere without so much as telling them you're doing it and suddenly they have to move halfway across a continent. Absolutely insane. I know it's the standard for all sports here but it's absolutely awful. I feel for him here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who can blame the guy?

team is rudderless right now and the dressing room incredibly toxic.

This is bill manning's legacy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This still not being announced might be an indication that the comms team is in flux - Eric gone - Bradley likely not around.

The player not knowing when he is coming here is an indication that the behind the scenes team is in disarray - that to me is more shocking.
    That's probably visa/wp related

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can't refuse to report - he indicates he will report but the figuring it out hasn't happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it me, or does the Athletic have a bone to pick with TFC FO. They are pulling no punches lately for a publication that is synonymous with puff pieces.

My other big takeaway from the article was Atlanta working to move him to Europe upon his return, which would indicate there is no buy option. That was really the last detail that I was waiting for in this transaction. Less thrilled about it now for sure.
    Last edited by Smokecell; 07-08-2023 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone thinking TFC is a big club needs to rethink its whole history from day one.
    2017 was a blip...the rest has been pretty much the same.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Ibarra guy immediately becomes my favourite TFC player, because this story is so stunning that it has a chance to “cross over” and become a big general sports news story.

If it does blow up, it would catch the eye of MLSE Board members.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it me, or does the Athletic have a bone to pick with TFC FO. They are pulling no punches lately for a publication that is synonymous with puff pieces.

My other big takeaway from the article was Atlanta working to move him to Europe upon his return, which would indicate there is no buy option. That was really the last detail that I was waiting for in this transaction. Less thrilled about it now for sure.
    The Athletic, like much of MLS, doesn't rate TFC because

a) we are in Canada and thus apart from Kloke, their reporters have no connection to the supporters up here - the usual handbrake on reporters contempt is supporter interaction - I note Kloke has the least connection to TFC supporters of any TFC journo

b) we spend a lot and a ton of MLS people can't stand that

c) these guys love to talk to their own insiders and none of them like how much we spend

d) they really hate bold / brash more then they hate incompetent - I would argue Chicago has been worse then us for over 20 years now but they get nothing like the stick we do

e) the Athletic soccer journos live by the "lovable kook" theme - with one exception - Kloke - as we don't get ANY lovable kook pieces, we are this unfeeling monster of a team only known for its mistakes

What Kloke SHOULD have been doing this last year was piece after piece on the Canadians playing on the 3 Canadian MLS teams. Instead, he covered the Leafs until that was done & then he was in on the big "they are all mad at each other" piece.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-08-2023 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Ibarra guy immediately becomes my favourite TFC player, because this story is so stunning that it has a chance to “cross over” and become a big general sports news story.

OR, he could accept it, get TFC over the hump and..........I AM BLOODY DELUSIONAL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

M A N N I N G O U T
    he has turned this into a USL caliber club on the field and in the FO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That comment from him & now it spreading in MLS circles will cause a bigger black eye to TFC/MLSE than the Athletic article. No way to spin this like Bob did against that article. It's perception and it's out there for all to see now.

Make Ibarra captain.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More of this, thanks. A change in management is one step closer.