Page 5 of 138 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    For the record I’m a Day 1 season seat holder, what is your problem man ? I choose to call out management for its incompetence, I watched Montreal play attractive football these last few years on a fraction of the budget of our club. Try to picture Bob Bradley and Bill running this club on a small market budget, not a pretty sight is it?
    For the amount of #@*$ you throw around on anyone and everyone, you should at least have a sense of humour when it gets thrown back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    well i mean- there also is no point in waiting so long to add a 3rd DP when LI and FB are going on the second year- then we will hear the new DP will need time to build chemistry at the end of August- as TFC tries to make a play-off push.

Seems like no strategy in place.
    Why rush to fill the spot? DP slots should only be used if it makes sense. I feel like Salcedo and Soltedo is what happens when you rush to fill it.

This team needed more MLS players and Non DP's this offseason for more then it needed a 3rd DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to BM... Osorio is 'slotted' for now as the 3rd DP for club cap relief. Will review that DP sitch, 'flip it', depending on how things play out, at next/summer window according to any requirement/s. Also, suggests that they just got to 'finalize' the deal to keep Richie! Do we interpret that as they are therefore working on it?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-09-2023 at 03:15 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Still paying Curtis and Armas and I believe Jozy, Auro and Soteldo?
    And Lawrence

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    There sort of is unless it's by happenstance.

Like if I were running things I may have waited too. First with the expanded, ridiculous playoff field the first half of the season really doesn't matter at all anymore. It's like an extended pre-season to get ready for the push towards the fall. Second is the Messi factor. If MLS does what it probably will have to do for him to come this summer then getting saddled with a certain contract now may not necessarily pay off then. You never know with MLS and usually what they do decide to do is stupid so it could be something like "sign only 2 DPs and then convert that last DP spot to 3 cap exempt TAM level domestics" or something like that.
    “The first half of the season really doesn’t matter” Oh really, why do you get more points for a win in the second half of the season? If we didn’t poop the bed in the first half last season we probably make the playoffs, hope this team doesn’t have this mentality and decide the first half doesn’t matter we will turn it on the second half.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    “The first half of the season really doesn’t matter” Oh really, why do you get more points for a win in the second half of the season? If we didn’t poop the bed in the first half last season we probably make the playoffs, hope this team doesn’t have this mentality and decide the first half doesn’t matter we will turn it on the second half.
    Last season we would have missed the playoffs by 8 points going by the new format. It won't take much to make it so yes, the first part of the season isn't as important as it used to be. Obviously the team can't have like 5 points but I already said we'd be mediocre and that's what you would need to be to be between 7th to 11th come July.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 03-09-2023 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not intending to fan the flames of discontent (so to speak) but I do find it kind of amusingly contemporary Canadian that we have a supposed diehard TFC fan who prefers our arch rivals. Can anyone imagine such a thing in those many countries (and cities) where sectarianism reigns in life and football? It would be unthinkable and never to be taken seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Not intending to fan the flames of discontent (so to speak) but I do find it kind of amusingly contemporary Canadian that we have a supposed diehard TFC fan who prefers our arch rivals. Can anyone imagine such a thing in those many countries (and cities) where sectarianism reigns in life and football? It would be unthinkable and never to be taken seriously.

So... Belotti or Firmino, if we had a choice?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    125% Firmino

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoever wants to be here the most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Belloti sounds like he did his best not to come and now TFC would be last ditch. Firminio, false nine, ten, pressing, off the ball movement… let’s get that Manning engineered budget increase, hah!.

Whoever plays between the Italians needs their respect, for sure. More and more I think that 3rd DP has to be a striker.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 03-09-2023 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Belloti sounds like he did his best not to come and now TFC would be last ditch. Firminio, false nine, ten, pressing, off the ball movement… let’s get that Manning engineered budget increase, hah!.

Whoever plays between the Italians needs their respect, for sure. More and more I think that 3rd DP has to be a striker.
    After everything Firmino did between Salah & Mane you'd have to think Insigne & Bernardeschi would be pretty excited to add him to the front line over the likes of Dio & Ayo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-10-2023 at 08:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Ok. Wow!
    Been out there for a few days already. Everyone but Atlanta and DC pulled their interest once they learned it was a three-month deal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been out there for a few days already. Everyone but Atlanta and DC pulled their interest once they learned it was a three-month deal.
    Not surprising at all, a lot teams were not going to upheave their roster even if it gave them a boost for such a short term thing. Glad the Reds did not, let the roster they have gel and see where you stand come the summer and tweak things as long term opportunities the will hopefully improve the team come up.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Not surprising at all, a lot teams were not going to upheave their roster even if it gave them a boost for such a short term thing. Glad the Reds did not, let the roster they have gel and see where you stand come the summer and tweak things as long term opportunities the will hopefully improve the team come up.
    Yeah, I'm not sure of the message Rooney's sending to Canouse or Durkin or whomever sits. "Son, you're not good enough to lace this guy's shoelaces, so you're going to sit temporarily until he goes home again."

Shades of Bendik losing his confidence because we rented Julio Cesar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anything, perhaps a current status measure for comparative quality between leagues? More a matter now of let's wait and see how he performs. What sort of immediate impact he may have in MLS for DCU; as a noteworthy footballer with primarily L2/L1/Championship experience?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Whoever wants to be here the most.
    This is the correct answer. Both could do well.

I don't think Belotti wants to be here so pass if that's the case.

Also glad we passed on O'Brien. Rental for 3 months? No thanks. We need team unison and cohesion right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Maybe I'm an outlier. I'd have taken him in a heartbeat for three months. This is a results based business. It's about points at the end of the season. Why should we be any different than Everton or AC Milan when they took Landon Donovan or David Beckham on loan for three months? Adding someone in the summer window only gives us about three months of service this season anyway. We haven't shown to be good in the midfield so far (although I can actually see a midfield three of Bradley, Kaye and Osorio ... with a dash of Servania and Vazquez in there as having potential to become a decent MLS midfield). As Lou and Dubas have been quoted "if you have time ... use it". The difference between winning or losing teams is often down to momentum and confidence. The difference between a good player and a squad rotation guy is often how he deals with the hardships of being part of a squad rotation. Throwing in a "ringer" for three months could sort out the men from the boys and hopefully tell us how much of a difference adding a DP level midfielder would have if we wanted to add one in the summer after O'Brien goes back.
    Last edited by buddies; 03-10-2023 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should go all out for Bob. Imagine that front 3?!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    We should go all out for Bob. Imagine that front 3?!!
    I do sort of wonder, if the cap management is as horrific as we think, whether they're really loading up for next year, because they know big cap and transfer changes are coming.

Apparently the Apple deal is contingent on subscriber targets.

If they aren't hitting them towards playoff time, I expect the owners and Garber will be having a long talk about how much to hike spending next year, given how many of them own teams in other sports with much larger payrolls.

If they think the money is really in media coverage and want to compete with top leagues, they will have to be considering a rapid acceleration before the main TV deal that could prompt it all is under threat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to BB they may not sign a 3rd DP.its not in the budget at the moment
    Last edited by reggie; 03-10-2023 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the presser today and what BB said, and other times we have heard this from Manning, it is now clear MLSE has decided not to spend the same amount of money on a 3rd DP as they did on the first 2.

So look for a forward who would cost $2 - 3 million per year who is coming out of contract in June.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes these roster related posts and tweets are so disheartening. Been prowling on this forum for many years. MLS rules aside, I don't buy the fact this is a "big" club. Pun probably intended. It just feels like we're on the outskirts of big. I'm thrilled with our DPs, but I guess I've come to expect more. Just feels like we're close but the interest isn't there to put us over the top. Maybe I'm a spoiled brat but I want more! Hopefully MLSE will prove me wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a consideration/solution to the situation is to utilize Fede as a 10 then maybe a look at someone like a Daniele Verde on RW to replace him there may be worth a squeeze?

https://www.tln.ca/daniele-verde-exclusive-interview-spezia/

Would Verde Ever Make the Move to MLS?

“IT’S OFTEN TALKED ABOUT HERE IN ITALY. IN RECENT YEARS IT HAS GROWN A LOT BOTH AS A BRAND AND AS A LEAGUE. THERE ARE MANY FELLOW COUNTRYMEN AND MANY FOREIGNERS WHO TRANSFER THERE SO WE HEAR ABOUT IT OFTEN. TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, I WOULDN’T MIND IT BECAUSE OF THE EXPERIENCE BEYOND EVERYTHING – IT’S A DIFFERENT CULTURE, EVERYTHING IS VERY DIFFERENT.”

BTW... let us not dismiss the notion that any arrival of the GOAT to MLS may also have a hyper drive side effect of attracting more player interest to the league.

Swapping Jerseys With Lionel Messi

I HAD ASKED ALREADY AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME IF HE WANTED TO EXCHANGE IT AFTERWARDS AND HE HAD TOLD ME YES. AT THE END OF THE GAME I REMINDED HIM – HE TOOK OFF HIS SHIRT AND GAVE IT TO ME. FOR ME, I MIGHT AS WELL STOP PLAYING SOCCER – HIS JERSEY IS THE ULTIMATE LEVEL.”
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 03-11-2023 at 05:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to reiterate how fortunate MLSE/TFC are in acquiring Federico Bernardeschi; that they should count their luck stars. Fede is pure marketing Rhodium! Remarkable skill set aside, his demeanor and persona seems genuine, being fun and contagious...

BTW, given the considerable roster turnover at TFC, does anyone understand during travel which players are bunking with which players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post

BTW, given the considerable roster turnover at TFC, does anyone understand during travel which players are bunking with which players?
    Watch this, which came out yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF89eTJ0Z1M

Puts a full stop to anyone saying Insigne doesn't bond with the team and all that too.

In short - Fede, Insigne, Richie, Vasquez, Michael and now Raoul all seem to be pretty tight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks SDD for bringing this to my attention. Missed it somehow. Saw the short clip, didn't notice 'the full episode' link. Really enjoyed it. Team camaraderie seems to be forming. Everyone's body language seemed positive. All the new imports seem to have a decent command of their English. Liked being introduced to Raoul and Siggi. Nice to see Victor in the mix, loose, having fun. I do think Lolo has some apprehension about his 'public' communication abilities; hope he is working on it and that TFC are helping him. I get a mischievous fun vibe from him. The camera... well... it just loves Fede.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ll be a broken record with this but TFC should look at Justin Smith. Looked amazing with the youth nats teams (easily our best player in the last cycle). Struggling to find time in Europe.

Plays as at 6, 8, or CB. I think 6 is probably his best position though.