Page 44 of 138 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Because they have the best sporting director in the league by a country mile in Ernst Tanner (although former FC EDmonton-and-many-others goalie Lutz Pfannensteil is making a good argument at St. Louis, as well. He really planned that well.) He recognizes talent well and acts accordingly. Based on what I've been told about our scouting, it wouldn't recognize talent if it showed up juggling six balls and carrying a European Golden Boot trophy.
    100%, but if we were Europe, it wouldn't matter. Toronto FC, with the clown show in charge, would probably be able to outmatch them. Here, you're one or two smart hires away from a chance to win, that's the thing I'm just saying we need to make sure we preserve. Philly aren't a contender if this was run like a European league

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philly is also

2 bad management change mistakes away from being us / LAG
    or
    10 years without a management change away from being SKC
    or
    5 years of not adjusting to league tactics away from being NYRB

I agree with JosephNdo - I am not interested in supporting a local league where there is never hope due to spending.

I like the flat salary cap idea - I don't think the cadre of stingy owners will let it be what it should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I like the flat salary cap idea - I don't think the cadre of stingy owners will let it be what it should be.
    I want flat salary cap of 40m per year - raising periodically like NHL etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thought is this:

- Have an increased hard cap but continue to allow off budget charges for 2 Dos. Salaries for regular roster are enough where a full starting 11 plus 3-5 subs are reasonably well paid (like 300k+ minimum).
    - Reasonable level of minimum spend so the cheap clubs have to invest something.
    - You are allowed to reinvest any selling funds received over a period of 3 years (or less). Close any loop holes so that it's only true windfalls in cash that allow for more spend.
    - Transfer fee money available under the budget up to a cap (with exception of DP's)
    - No more having 20 different categories of spending and this type of dollar, type of player slots (with exception of DP). Scrap it all.
    - Most importantly the league discloses ALL details of contracts, transfer fees, etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    My thought is this:

- Have an increased hard cap but continue to allow off budget charges for 2 Dos. Salaries for regular roster are enough where a full starting 11 plus 3-5 subs are reasonably well paid (like 300k+ minimum).
    - Reasonable level of minimum spend so the cheap clubs have to invest something.
    - You are allowed to reinvest any selling funds received over a period of 3 years (or less). Close any loop holes so that it's only true windfalls in cash that allow for more spend.
    - Transfer fee money available under the budget up to a cap (with exception of DP's)
    - No more having 20 different categories of spending and this type of dollar, type of player slots (with exception of DP). Scrap it all.
    - Most importantly the league discloses ALL details of contracts, transfer fees, etc...
    That all sounds very reasonable.

I agree with the idea that a salary cap and a certain amount of parity needs to continue. And I like the idea of a minimum spend. Also the balance between having the possible money to spend on 14-16 players with decent salaries, but budget encouragement for the teams that are developing and selling young players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WelL, well, well... What is the deal between Jozy and TFC? I am unsure. Is he off the TFC books; been bought out, yet we are still paying him? Or is any salary still being paid to him against TFC's current cap?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    At league minimum, only this season, it sure is tempting. Especially if no 'real reinforcements', 3rd DP/others, are arriving at the upcoming transfer window. Just as good as CJ, maybe slightly better? Better than Ayo or Adama.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely not. It'd be very on brand for manning, but please, no.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    WelL, well, well... What is the deal between Jozy and TFC? I am unsure. Is he off the TFC books; been bought out, yet we are still paying him? Or is any salary still being paid to him against TFC's current cap?

We're still on the hook for Jozy. It's part of the reason why we can't get a first rate striker.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just as good as CJ, maybe slightly better? Better than Ayo or Adama.
    He is better than nobody now. Just another mess to shove in with the rest of the trash we have at CF.

I would rather trade for Zavaleta and put him up top than get Jozy back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe the DP GURU MANNING can set up a dinner at sotto sotto with drake to try to get jozy back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    maybe the DP GURU MANNING can set up a dinner at sotto sotto with drake to try to get jozy back
    Biting and funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    We're still on the hook for Jozy. It's part of the reason why we can't get a first rate striker.
    Yeah, still having trouble understanding some of this. Engaged in some refresh research. Supposedly, TFC exercised the buy-out... but on a payment plan? Buy-out implies no cap hit? Only MLSEB DP budget implications? IIUC, in Y19 TFC extended Jozy's contract to $6,322,250.00/Y19, $6,322,250.00/Y20 and $3,602,500.00/Y21, which in that meantime somehow, miraculously, he, his wonder-agent, got an extension- at least one year(?) to $4,264,963.00/Y22. It is mentioned TFC were still responsible for a 'portion' of at least that Y22 salary while at NER, perhaps Y23 if it was a two year extension? Jozy's current NER salary is $2.939,963/Y23. The latest reports are that NER gave him a contract extension earlier into next year but exercised their in-season buy-out option at about $1,500,00.00 for the remaining half of this season; ergo half his salary? Perhaps, indicating that the amount of his Y24 extension is circa $3,000,000.00? Anyways, an exercise for want. Obviously, I am missing something, maybe my latter numbers are wrong. That compensation should make him a DP at NER, but didn't/don't they have 3DP's? BTW, I dislike MLS's lack of transparency on such issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He is better than nobody now. Just another mess to shove in with the rest of the trash we have at CF. I would rather trade for Zavaleta and put him up top than get Jozy back.
    I am "'not' in a good way". All this is taxing on my soul. I'll manage, but all I want to see is TFC thrive. I do not know what to believe anymore. I hope there is spend for transfer acquisitions in the upcoming window. It makes no business or self-preservation sense for any of the involved parties/entities involved that there not be. If not, then I would entertain the possibility of this retread as a token only at minimum cost.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope there is spend for transfer acquisitions in the upcoming window. It makes no business or self-preservation sense for any of the involved parties/entities involved that there not be. If not, then I would entertain the possibility of this retread as a token only at minimum cost.
    If Bob is still here and to a lesser extent Bill, I hope we can't do any moves. Better to do nothing than bring on more deadweight anchors like Diomande. I have zero faith Bob could bring in anyone worthwhile. Maybe in a league trade but I am also worried about who he would give up to get someone who plays "in the right way".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bob and Bill are still here after the Leagues Cup it signals to me they are here into at least early next season. The MLSEB would need to make those management changes sooner (now-ish) rather than later (off-season) to hold and give renewed hope to any fickle or disillusioned TFC fan/SSH base before any mindset becomes ingrained, viral and threatening to their bottom-line.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bob and Bill are still here after the Leagues Cup it signals to me they are here into at least early next season. The MLSEB would need to make those management changes sooner (now-ish) rather than later (off-season) to hold and give renewed hope to any fickle or disillusioned TFC fan/SSH base before any mindset becomes ingrained, viral and threatening to their bottom-line.
    I think if things stay like this or get worse (more likely) then the board will clean house and use the new guys and "culture change" as the catalyst for the ticket drive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 Jozy paired with LI would be something to see but 2017 feels like it was decades ago now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any rumours at all of incomings/ outgoings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    any rumours at all of incomings/ outgoings?
    Not going to like it... Given the recent revelation that 'Manning told The Athletic he looked into the possibility of signing CR7 after he left Juventus, but the Portuguese star ended up returning to ManUtd' and that Ronaldo always seems to be jonzing to outshine Messi, the TFC media pool question to Manning should be... If TFC has been in contact with Ronaldo since then; recently? According to OG Messi-To-Miami-ist Michael Ryan Ruiz, Ronaldo has been burning the phone line to the MLS/clubs since he got to the KSA/Al Nassar. Now that Rudi Garcia has left, maybe he has a desire and incentive to leave with some tax free change in his pocket and compete for the MLS spotlight. Because the only thing bigger than Messi to Miami would be a Messi vs. Ronaldo MLS gameday match. And whatever my opinion of Ronaldo is, if that involves IMCF and TFC, that would be bonkers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Ayo was cooking tonight in MLS Next Pro. 0 goals, 0 assists and subbed after 75 minutes. TFC II also missed a penalty. Not sure who took it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it once and will say it again.

Ronaldo to TFC means I go dark about this team until he leaves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I've said it once and will say it again.

Ronaldo to TFC means I go dark about this team until he leaves
    He's not leaving Saudi. Its done at this point, this is just silly Messi vs Ronaldo rumours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And let’s be honest, if it’s not LA or NY, he’s not coming. No way that ego can fit itself into a smaller market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    And let’s be honest, if it’s not LA or NY, he’s not coming. No way that ego can fit itself into a smaller market.
    There is a huge Portuguese community in Ontario, so I could see Manning thinking it’s a good idea, but no thanks for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    There is a huge Portuguese community in Ontario, so I could see Manning thinking it’s a good idea, but no thanks for me.
    I think me dating a supermodel is a good idea but no takers on that either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anyone who watches TFC2 regularly? Saw Jesus Batiz has 6 goals in 13 games. TFC2 has been as terrible as us, but how has Batiz been? Stats look decent for a bottom team. (Granted with our glut of forwards at the not good enough level, he'd probably add to that group. Just thinking of how we let Rothrock go, when he'd probably be a solid backup forward - the problem is we have like 7 backup level strikers and no starter level)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When calling out in the tall grass of despair, always need me some Jesus. TFC could sure use some too. Isn't he a winger; right? Shaffelburg-esque potential; Fede back-up/replacement?