Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 4129
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    ^

“We have an identity of how we want to play and the players are very committed to it,” MacNaughton said. “Everybody knows their role and the strengths of this team. And it’s not just 11 players that are on the pitch that are performing, it’s the whole group of 25 players that all have a commitment to win and to help the team out, no matter what their role is.”
    Boilerplate stuff - hear that from every team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Boilerplate stuff - hear that from every team.
    Haven't heard any of our players say that lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ranjitsingh loaned to TFC2 for today's game. Probably gets the start, so that he's ready to start next match since both Romero and Johnson got international callups

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Ranjitsingh loaned to TFC2 for today's game. Probably gets the start, so that he's ready to start next match since both Romero and Johnson got international callups
    why is that...tfc play the 21st US and ES play the 18th.its unlikely they even play in this window

i got my own answer...the gold cup starts a week later,how stupid is that
    Last edited by reggie; 06-11-2023 at 02:51 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

worrying how obvious it is that we need a DP forward (and have done for a while), yet still no rumours of anything in the works.

feels like self sabotage at this point. incredibly disappinting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In my opinion we played a great first half and we lost the plot in then in second half maybe they shouldn’t have a 15 min break

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firm View Post
    In my opinion we played a great first half and we lost the plot in then in second half maybe they shouldn’t have a 15 min break
    with bradley, coello, vazquez diomande out, we don't have enough subs.

other teams will change 5 guys and we're rolling with 8 or 9 starters til the 90th.

but more than anything we need a striker who can do what sapong doess of the ball but also pose a significant goal threat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    worrying how obvious it is that we need a DP forward (and have done for a while), yet still no rumours of anything in the works. feels like self sabotage at this point. incredibly disappinting.
    with bradley, coello, vazquez diomande out, we don't have enough subs. other teams will change 5 guys and we're rolling with 8 or 9 starters til the 90th. but more than anything we need a striker who can do what sapong doess of the ball but also pose a significant goal threat.
    I have been thinking about this. I suspect this matter has now emerged into a bit of a convenient feint by BB and BM as TFC/MLS approaches 05JUL23. The 'no budget' cry, so as not to devolve into the media distraction that has to be constantly dealt with about the who. Also, to keep the squad honest and focused as much as possible on their own efforts; the no cavalry is coming position. Whether Fede stays or goes is a separate thought and an aside to the 3rd DP question; that it must be the right striker. If either or both individuals are concerned about their jobs in the short-term, or the off-season, than that move is the only move to save themselves. It's beg (the MLSE Board/Uncle Larry), borrow (commit against their continued employment) or steal (using an in season buy-out and the season ending injury clauses) time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with bradley, coello, vazquez diomande out, we don't have enough subs.

other teams will change 5 guys and we're rolling with 8 or 9 starters til the 90th.

but more than anything we need a striker who can do what sapong doess of the ball but also pose a significant goal threat.
    We need two quality signings. One CM and one #9. I think with those we will be ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    We need two quality signings. One CM and one #9. I think with those we will be ok.
    Agreed. But, hard to say how we will manage that with our current salary constraints.

If Laryea leaves (seems likely?) that creates another hole to plug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Agreed. But, hard to say how we will manage that with our current salary constraints.

Is it salary constraints (cap) or MLSE not willing to pay for another signing? Or both? I'm not clear on that.

I actually think there is quality in this team. We played the second place team in our conference tight on Saturday, and should have won if not for an uncharacteristic mistake from Johnson. I think we'd be right there with a real boss 6 and a decent striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Is it salary constraints (cap) or MLSE not willing to pay for another signing? Or both? I'm not clear on that.

I actually think there is quality in this team. We played the second place team in our conference tight on Saturday, and should have won if not for an uncharacteristic mistake from Johnson. I think we'd be right there with a real boss 6 and a decent striker.
    I hate to in any way root against success but I fear any money given to this leadership group would be wasted. Hope the board tells them to suck it and work with what they have. Give that money for a striker to someone who knows what they are doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean don't we still have a 3rd DP slot and potential 4th coming?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean don't we still have a 3rd DP slot and potential 4th coming?
    Technically Osorio is currently our third DP

And DPs still take up some cap room, so you do still need to have some open to fill them. So the question is if we remove Osorio as a DP do we have cap room for another? And then, do we have owners willing to spend the money if we do?

The answer to both right now appears to be 'no', but we don't know for sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Technically Osorio is currently our third DP

And DPs still take up some cap room, so you do still need to have some open to fill them. So the question is if we remove Osorio as a DP do we have cap room for another? And then, do we have owners willing to spend the money if we do?

The answer to both right now appears to be 'no', but we don't know for sure
    Its hard to imagine ownership going into this transfer window with the attitude of "yea we are fine" .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Hey, we might have screwed up by giving one striker an inflated contract based on one run of play. We might have slightly messed up with the second one who was inconsistent and we traded away after 12 months. And the third striker we bought has the durability of a broken down golf cart. We know the fourth striker is hard working but doesn’t put the ball in the net much. But trust us, this 5th striker (who we’ll spend even more money on) this is the one!”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its hard to imagine ownership going into this transfer window with the attitude of "yea we are fine" .
    It's more "we don't want to continue to flush money down a black hole with no return. You've all been given more backing than any management group in the history of the league, literally. Figure it out and don't beg for more"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect someone will blink shortly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I suspect someone will blink shortly.
    My source isn't getting back to me, usually has by now. I think my descent into... well, it wasn't vitriol, but it wasn't positive, let's put it that way... may have turned them off corresponding.

Or something's up. Wait and see, I guess. The secondary window is open in two weeks. It would seem if they're going to make a change it has to be before that, but who knows.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thing is about Sapong - he works his butt off.

The thing you really need to support him & the 2 Italians is a attacking mid threat - none of our current DM's (maybe Oso) are attack minded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Hey, we might have screwed up by giving one striker an inflated contract based on one run of play. We might have slightly messed up with the second one who was inconsistent and we traded away after 12 months. And the third striker we bought has the durability of a broken down golf cart. We know the fourth striker is hard working but doesn’t put the ball in the net much. But trust us, this 5th striker (who we’ll spend even more money on) this is the one!”
    It's possibly MLSE said we gave you big money for two DPs and that's it, make do with what you have. So they're been trying to get a centre forward on the cheap since.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It's possibly MLSE said we gave you big money for two DPs and that's it, make do with what you have. So they're been trying to get a centre forward on the cheap since.
    I don't think we'll be getting anyone from abroad unless Richie or Bernardeschi leave. What we will probably do are intra league trades and I have zero faith in Bob managing anything with that. Maybe we could get lucky with another Mabika but I doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol thanks for the laugh-dont forget the striker who helped TFC win it all is still on the payroll for a cool Million dollars while playing else where. LOLOL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    lol thanks for the laugh-dont forget the striker who helped TFC win it all is still on the payroll for a cool Million dollars while playing else where. LOLOL.
    Don't mention him too much or Bob might trade Frankin & Coello for him to play striker. Fits the mold perfectly; can't score, costs too much, and is always injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    My source isn't getting back to me, usually has by now. I think my descent into... well, it wasn't vitriol, but it wasn't positive, let's put it that way... may have turned them off corresponding. Or something's up. Wait and see, I guess. The secondary window is open in two weeks. It would seem if they're going to make a change it has to be before that, but who knows.
    Honestly, deep down, I find incredulous that anyone in the organization would expect you-us to find this status quo 'positive'. Still, 'it is the hope that kills'. I think, somehow, something is up. Staying the course serves no one; either BB, BM, or MLSEB. An aside question... During the Nashville match, it seemed to me that Fede played, for the most part, in the hole, and at least until JMR subbed on for Kerr. At that point was there a formation/tactic change? Fede seemed to drift back to the right wing.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-12-2023 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect how the Gold Cup plays out may seal TFC's fate. Whether the absence of SJ, RL and JO for likely most of the six TFC matches it's schedule conflicts with MLS's will hurt.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the Reds will be without be with Sean Johnson for up to six games after he was named to the USMNT Gold Cup roster. It is also very likely Thomas Romero will be gone too for at least four games, maybe more depending on if El Salvador gets out of their group. Will be interesting to see how this goes for the Reds, fully expecting for them to sign Luka Gavran for the stretch.

Round Date(s)
    Group stage June 24 – July 4
    Quarter-finals July 8–9
    Semi-finals July 12
    Final July 16

Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 06-12-2023 at 04:18 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So the Reds will be without be with Sean Johnson for up to six games after he was named to the USMNT Gold Cup roster. It is also very likely Thomas Romero will be gone too for at least four games, maybe more depending on if El Salvador gets out of their group. Will be interesting to see how this goes for the Reds, fully expecting for them to sign Luka Gavran for the stretch.

Round Date(s)
    Group stage June 24 – July 4
    Quarter-finals July 8–9
    Semi-finals July 12
    Final July 16

Gavran comes in, looks like Petkovic, saves everyone's job.

Yeah, I know that's not going to happen.

Interesting to see if Aidan Morris goes or sticks with Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Gavran comes in, looks like Petkovic, saves everyone's job.

Yeah, I know that's not going to happen.

Interesting to see if Aidan Morris goes or sticks with Canada.
    He said he wants USA. But let’s see if he thinks this is the start of a bright future or just a cynical attempt to take him off the board with no plan for the future. With uncertainty in the head coaching gig for the US, I wouldn’t commit if I were him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Don't mention him too much or Bob might trade Frankin & Coello for him to play striker. Fits the mold perfectly; can't score, costs too much, and is always injured.

Could you imagine LOL