Page 38 of 138 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Nicola Schira makes stuff up. That's been widely confirmed. He's not a reliable source at all
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Fake news journalist
    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This guy blatantly makes things up and has no sources. Don’t post his crap.
    Wow! rydermike, thank-you for the insight. leedsandTFC, understood, suspect he is also wrong about Leeds buying Sampdoria. ag futbol, will try and well... appreciate you reading my posts again!

Now I know how it feels to be jumped out of the gang. Properly spanked in tandem by the lot of yous!
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-27-2023 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    This part would be extremely easy, just make 50% of the team composed of players from Central America (beginning at the first country south of Mexico to Panama icluding) and Caribbean countries.
    I was more hoping the NYCFC way to scour the more obscure Eastern/Southern European leagues for guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I was more hoping the NYCFC way to scour the more obscure Eastern/Southern European leagues for guys.
    My post was just pure irony, because the leagues I named are shit.
    BTW, those "more obscure" Euro leagues are miles better than the Central American ones.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-27-2023 at 11:32 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Wow! rydermike, thank-you for the insight. leedsandTFC, understood, suspect he is also wrong about Leeds buying Sampdoria. ag futbol, will try and well... appreciate you reading my posts again!

Now I know how it feels to be jumped out of the gang. Properly spanked in tandem by the lot of yous!
    I'll add my voice. Please don't just post any random crap that shows up with the #TFClive hashtag, we have higher standards than Elon Musk.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    We tried that at TFC and ended up with Preki quality scouting of Eastern and Central Europe. Who can forget Hscanovics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    We tried that at TFC and ended up with Preki quality scouting of Eastern and Central Europe. Who can forget Hscanovics?
    I don't mean Estonia, Letonia and Lituania, lol.... But anything other than those countries.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What good does bringing Preki up do, just because it did not work then, does not mean it would not work in the future, you just have to be smart about it. That guy was here 13 years ago , it completely irrelevant to what is going on today and could happen in the future. The Reds that season were still signing guy each week for the first month or two of the season. Remember Dan Gargan arriving at Crew Stadium in taxi cleats in hand. There is talent to be found, you just have to be resourceful to find it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bernie being linked to Lazio and Millan. Reports coming from DAZN Italia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    https://thelaziali.com/2023/05/28/be...o-lazio-milan/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, there was more going on there than bad scouting. Without getting into any dicey legal specifics, let's say that during some early TFC regimes, the belief internally was pretty strong that certain agents were padding certain bottom lines -- and not just at TFC. It was a league-wide issue for a while.

Our scouting issues have been of an insular nature, an unwillingness to look past known commodities and take chances based on visible skill and common sense. The list of players they've passed on over the years that they knew about but wouldn't consider because they weren't "known" to someone in scouting is apparently extremely long and quite depressing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Who is Bernie being linked to that is also willing to pay him $20M?

If that party existed last year, he wouldn’t have left
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Here’s my thought: you sell him and use the transfer fee to pay down his salary. Everyone eats a bit of the cost. He did perform last year and is going okay this year too, so not like he’s suddenly worthless and he’s still only 29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They don't really have to. We've already paid him a chunk of that. He can get HALF that over three or four years in Italy and MLSE will eat the rest, as has become the norm, to get rid of it.

This rumour is a bit quick, though. Smells like his agent pushing ideas out there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    They don't really have to. We've already paid him a chunk of that. He can get HALF that over three or four years in Italy and MLSE will eat the rest, as has become the norm, to get rid of it.

This rumour is a bit quick, though. Smells like his agent pushing ideas out there.

Smells more like pure speculation, reading the tweet...and it was yesterday morning so who knows if anything changed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Smells more like pure speculation, reading the tweet...and it was yesterday morning so who knows if anything changed.
    Also it is stating the obvious. “Rumours indicate that Og the Dim would have a high interest in fitting a nice house into his portfolio”.

Every team in most leagues would like him. The question is price.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also it is stating the obvious. “Rumours indicate that Og the Dim would have a high interest in fitting a nice house into his portfolio”.

Every team in most leagues would like him. The question is price.
    This rumour is that he’s specifically wanted by Lazio and Milan. I just don’t believe it. Too quick. And it’s not like Juve fans are hugely behind his quality; a few online yesterday were saying he wasn’t good enough for Juve and that’s why Pirlo used him at Fullback…. but by the same token, you don’t convert a forward into a fullback unless you really want him on the pitch, not at that level.

His best years so far were as a 21-year-old at Fiorentina, so maybe the loss of step of speed while aging has put any Serie A moves out of the equation, at least at top-level money. Smaller clubs won’t pay him enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW...

Report that Bob Bradley confirms Fede staying!?

Already mentioned and discussed or missed? Post match chatter from the commentary team (context: likely from information gleaned in their pre-match prep interview with each club's coach?) Please listen carefully! Apology for the quality; tech is not a strength.

"I mean he said, what did he say, they are going to find a way to work together, they are moving forward, he said, BB saying, we are on the same page and excited to keep working together...'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    FWIW...

Report that Bob Bradley confirms Fede staying!?

Already mentioned and discussed or missed? Post match chatter from the commentary team (context: likely from information gleaned in their pre-match prep interview with each club's coach?) Please listen carefully! Apology for the quality; tech is not a strength.

"I mean he said, what did he say, they are going to find a way to work together, they are moving forward, he said, BB saying, we are on the same page and excited to keep working together...'
    I like that video clip, it would be nice to see a ground level view of the same.
    The commentator seems to be quoting from the Friday BB press briefing
    https://www.torontofc.ca/video/lates...ey-may-26-2023
    Specifically at 3:10 but also at 0:45 the same topic came up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red-o View Post
    I like that video clip, it would be nice to see a ground level view of the same.
    The commentator seems to be quoting from the Friday BB press briefing
    https://www.torontofc.ca/video/lates...ey-may-26-2023
    Specifically at 3:10 but also at 0:45 the same topic came up
    Thanks red-o. Missed the availability of that presser completely. Appreciate your add. I agree, think they are referencing that discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, Berna was a meme in Italy despite winning the Euro. I'd be surprised if any team genuinely interested is one who can pay him remotely close to what TFC are. This recent Berna we've been getting recently who just wanders around losing possession; yeah, that's the one Italy knows. You can get more for less throughout the country. Serie A teams generally arent looking for low-value players.

Though as an Inter fan, I'd find it hilarious if he somehow finds his way to their city rivals.
    Last edited by Bobo; 05-29-2023 at 07:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    True, Fede has experienced the meme love. However, TBF, SerieA is awash in memes. Though I suspect the EPL rules. My favourite from recollection for the Interista, self-inflicted...

All I see is... TiT.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 05-29-2023 at 08:17 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect Berna to be headed back to Italy during the transfer window.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect Berna to be headed back to Italy during the transfer window.
    Part of me hopes he turns it around, and gets fired up again. He appears to really love the city. Just play hard without the drama. Like Insigne last game. Let the management deal with coaching decisions, stop the jealous stuff.

But if he can't its better for all parties if he leaves and we can get players who compliment the team more.

Bob ain't leaving at least to the off season so he needs to either make it work or get out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If all the drama was needed to light a fire under all parties then so be it. Hopefully everyone can step it up and move on. At least they all know now where everyone stands and maybe what fans will be willing to tolerate and just showing up is not enough. Sometimes shit has to hit the fan for positive change to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although the format of the expression was not perfect and was always going to have repercussions, I have to give some credit to Bernie for speaking something a lot closer to the truth than what I’ve heard out of other parties. Manning is hiding and entirely silent. Bradley is at best, delusional trying to explain his abysmal track record at TFC.

I don’t think Bob is safe until the off season, far from it. The win in the weekend just buys a little bit more time but the boat is very much on the rocks here, only a matter of time before it sinks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After last week's drama - not going to suggest anything in particular is going to happen about Berna until after Wednesday

There's a number of ways this could go and given we all got it wrong about Saturday....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As of this week MAK is leading the league in total tackles with 37, just ahead of newly minted Canadian Nat (heh heh) Aidan Morris with 35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    As of this week MAK is leading the league in total tackles with 37, just ahead of newly minted Canadian Nat (heh heh) Aidan Morris with 35.
    That's because he probably gave away the all 10 times with someone right in front of him- all he has to do is stick his foot out and he gets the tackle after the giveaway.lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    That's because he probably gave away the all 10 times with someone right in front of him- all he has to do is stick his foot out and he gets the tackle after the giveaway.lol
    Isn’t that a recovery? Lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turnover stats say MAK's not great BUT

Berna & Richie are worse

&

Oso was running at a worse clip then MAK before he got injured
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-29-2023 at 09:01 PM.